Trudeau's hand-wringing, virtue signaling holiday

Argus

12 hours ago, cougar said:

Everything matters.  You really can't prove to me that the thousands of trucks, excavators , dozers, planes, boats and anything else makes NO DIFFERENCE!  You can't prove to me that the oil sand operation visible from space as a scar on the Earth has no impact.  Can't prove that the forests we have removed in the past 50 years have no impact or the plastic garbage we pump into the land, rivers and the ocean has no impact.

You look at China once you have fixed all problems we have here internally.   Don't come here telling me how much more we can pollute to reach China's levels!

Canadian oil sands are world leaders in wetland reclamation. I can show you pics of the changes, but the MSM doesn't like to talk about that. We have the most regulated oil industry in the world. A buddy surveyed in the oil sands, when he got there the night sky was bright orange with the oil companies burning the scrub brush, what is the nain growth there. Today those bright night skies are gone now. It grinded up now. But lets ignore coal burning around the world and how it is growing in Asia, and just focus on our oil sands. Something fishy about that.

• Like 1

Look at the pics from space on mining to make batteries for cars. Or the massive cement plant in quebec which i have read is worse then the oil sands. To many dirty trucks on the roads. Pipelines will help. Want to cut down on ocean tanker traffic, use our own oil. Get rid of cruise liners. Dirtiest ship out there. In other words we need a well thought out plan, not shut everything down and tax the shit out of people. 

• Like 3

On 10/8/2021 at 1:11 AM, cougar said:

Keeping Alberta oil in the ground suits me just fine.

I did not "call" anyone anything, but was honest to disclose my personal feelings.  In my mind I can see them as anything I want, and vote for whatever and whoever I want, just like you.

The idea is that if my vote is dramatically off the chart, it will make no difference to anything.

So you want to keep Alberta oil in the ground? I'm curious how you feel about the oil that Canada imports from places like Saudi Arabia. You don't like Canadian oil but do  you also want a total ban on all foreign oil imports as well? If so, please explain what daily life will be like without oil. I like heat in the winter, how about you? What replaces the energy from oil and gas? I see that one of your interests is "fighting economic growth" so I can't wait to hear your answer. 

(I hope you're not going to suggest we live as the Indians once did, teepees and wigwams!)?

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

So you want to keep Alberta oil in the ground? I'm curious how you feel about the oil that Canada imports from places like Saudi Arabia. You don't like Canadian oil but do  you also want a total ban on all foreign oil imports as well? If so, please explain what daily life will be like without oil. I like heat in the winter, how about you? What replaces the energy from oil and gas? I see that one of your interests is "fighting economic growth" so I can't wait to hear your answer. 

(I hope you're not going to suggest we live as the Indians once did, teepees and wigwams!)?

I think that is exactly what this country needs a couple of weeks with out any fossil fuels... magic is going to keep us warm during the winter, and cool in the summer.... next we will be banning wood as fuel as it emits carbon, bad for the climate...there is no reality for these guys... 

13 hours ago, cougar said:

1) Might have sounded like that , but you can't be sure who I had in mind.  There were more than two parties and you have no idea which ones I was considering. 

Nope. Not true at all. I asked if you would still have voted for Trudeau if he looked like Butts. You said:

The alternative was o'Tool, which unfortunately is no alternative. Conservatives will never be an alternative for me.

I said: Why is that?"

To which you responded:

Not good for wildlife and the environment.  

When I have to choose between two crooks, I select the one who seems to have more class.

We were talking about your last vote, IE Trudeau vs O'Toole. Your choice in the last election came down to those two.

You were actually choosing between one ruthless authoritarian crook and a conservative, but you said "two crooks", which was highly inappropriate.

Without using names, the "two crooks" is a general expression, aimed to emphasize rather than offend. 

As a general statement that would make sense, but you name O'Toole specifically in your previous comment. You said that "O'Toole was no alternative". Your next sentence was about choosing between two crooks, which means that you were applying that rule to Trudeau/O'Toole.

2)  You are correct.  I do not know any of the leaders in person.  Do you?

You don't have to know them in person to know that Trudeau is nothing more than a lying, corrupt, self-serving weasel whose only votes come from duping fools with his fake virtue signalling. 

He had a chance to lead the country and all he did was pile up massive amounts of debt, divide the country, enrich his family at taxpayers expense, bully the women in his party until they quit, buy the MSM with taxpayer money, block investigations into his crimes, botch covid like a total chump, kill the energy sector and then fly around in private jets, stammer like an idiot, embarrass us our country on the international stage with his costumes and mixing up Japan and China, etc.

Even the communist China media gets to troll our government and our propagandist media now, and their media's criticisms of us can't be denied. It's humiliating. 

1 hour ago, PIK said:

Canadian oil sands are world leaders in wetland reclamation. I can show you pics of the changes, but the MSM doesn't like to talk about that. 

It would destroy the narrative that our gov't liars, media propagandists and environmental virtue signallers worked so hard to create. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ironstone said:

What do you propose to ensure future generation of Canadians will have oil and coal? You want heat? Push for the transition to nuclear power. Western Canada is the Saudi Arabia of uranium. 

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What do you propose to ensure future generation of Canadians will have oil and coal? You want heat? Push for the transition to nuclear power. Western Canada is the Saudi Arabia of uranium. 

When it comes to nuclear power, I am ALL IN! Unfortunately, the radical environmentalists that apparently seem to hold way too much influence in this country will not allow more nuclear energy.

I still firmly want to have a strong oil and gas industry in this country because we need it.

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Say it Cannucklehead... Tell me right now that you believe Trudeau was unaware that WE gave his mom half a million dollars 

@Cannucklehead

Your own article busted Trudeau for pretending to be oblivious to the fact that his family was feasting at the WE trough.

Do you believe that Trudeau "didn't know", or was he lying?

If he was lying, why was he lying?

It seems impossible that he wasn't lying, but somehow our entire MSM didn't even dare to question him on it. Why is that?

Just answer these questions honestly, Canncuklehead. You know that there's a real problem if you can't answer a fair question honestly, especially when the question arose from an article of your own choosing.  

7 minutes ago, ironstone said:

When it comes to nuclear power, I am ALL IN! Unfortunately, the radical environmentalists that apparently seem to hold way too much influence in this country will not allow more nuclear energy.

I still firmly want to have a strong oil and gas industry in this country because we need it.

The resistance to nuclear power is an indictment of the educational system. You say we need a strong oil and gas industry but what about future generations. We can have all the uranium and thorium in the world but if you don't have oil to lubricate the generators and all the other machinery a technological civilization needs, you will be living back in the neolithic.

Edited by Queenmandy85

2 minutes ago, ironstone said:

How safe are all of these reactors from terrorist threats? I honestly don't know, and our society is getting more and more terrorist-ish every year.

Is that what this is all about now saving fossil fuels for the future... Ya right, when have we ever been concerned about the future...certainly not worried about passing on a huge deficit, or saving other resources, or fighting climate change, or just about anything....... there is a huge movement in this country to do just that keep the oil in the ground forever...not for future generations...

And yes Canada needs heat, we are in a polar climate, so heat is needed, and the original tree huggers fear nuclear power as much as fossil fuels. and while we are scared of climate change right now, nothing or very little is being done to transition us to ANY other power source, to power our increased electrical needs, let alone all the increase in infra structure that will be needed.

And Uranium is not going to even come close to replacing the finical gain for fossil fuels.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

How safe are all of these reactors from terrorist threats? I honestly don't know, and our society is getting more and more terrorist-ish every year.

Not sure about most nuclear plants but the one in Chalk river, Ont has it's own armed security force, like a police swat unit, made up of mostly ex military guys... 

43 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure about most nuclear plants but the one in Chalk river, Ont has it's own armed security force, like a police swat unit, made up of mostly ex military guys... 

Just wait until Trudeau finds out about all that systemic racism and white privilege. He'll turf them and get "our brothers" from the Taliban to take over there. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PIK said:

Canadian oil sands are world leaders in wetland reclamation. I can show you pics of the changes, but the MSM doesn't like to talk about that. We have the most regulated oil industry in the world. A buddy surveyed in the oil sands, when he got there the night sky was bright orange with the oil companies burning the scrub brush, what is the nain growth there. Today those bright night skies are gone now. It grinded up now. But lets ignore coal burning around the world and how it is growing in Asia, and just focus on our oil sands. Something fishy about that.

No need to reclaim anything; just don't start the disturbance you will have nothing to reclaim.  With our "most regulated" industry we still have plenty of spills.

The oil that you want to produce is not for you or me.   It is supposed to be shipped to China, compromising our rivers, mountains, oceans and all that lives there.  And our ecosystems are plenty compromised already with most species hardly surviving.  This year will be the first year I will not be able to fish for steeelhead, which is a catch and release fishery anyways. Simply no fish returned from the ocean.

What this country under the conservatives wants to continue doing is sheer insanity.   Again, don't whine to me about China. If you think you have to fix China first, go ahead and fix China.  

I live in Canada and am trying to make a difference here.

1 hour ago, PIK said:

Oil is in most products we use from the moment we get up to going back to bed. 

And was it there 100 years ago?

No.

Did people survive then without it? 

Yes.

2 hours ago, cougar said:

No.

Yes.

Started oil producing back in the 1850s? Or we can go back to whale hunting. And who is ready to give up their phones? Lol

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I think that is exactly what this country needs a couple of weeks with out any fossil fuels... magic is going to keep us warm during the winter, and And if cool in the summer.... next we will be banning wood as fuel as it emits carbon, bad for the climate...there is no reality for these guys... 

Well, if we had news media and people would watch it they could see what has happened in Europe. They got rid of their coal fired power plants, and nuke plants, and then bowed for the cheering masses of left wing activists and went home.

Now they're out of power and desperately begging the Russians to sell them more natural gas at three times the price it was last year.

And don't think for a second Trudeau wouldn't do the same here in a second, if he could. 

58 minutes ago, cougar said:

I am.  Better give up the phone than my life and the future of everyone else.

Yo better get digging that grave then, because did you not hear the world is going to explode in a few years...we are going to die in some climate change event....me I'm going to be drinking beer and watching you, and laughing.  

6 hours ago, cougar said:

No.

Yes.

Your one of those guys that talk out of both sides of your mouth, your still plugged in to the power grid, you drive a car, everything you own runs on gas or electricity... move off grid and I'll listen...until then Gretta have a nice day.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cougar said:

I am.  Better give up the phone than my life and the future of everyone else.

You do have some kind of electronic device made with rare earth minerals on the inside and it's wrapped in plastic which comes from the petroleum industry.  A lot of BC's electricity comes from hydroelectric but I suppose you are opposed to that because it does have some impact on the environment. What other things do you want modern society to give up?