Jump to content

Trudeau's hand-wringing, virtue signaling holiday


Argus

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2021 at 10:27 PM, WestCanMan said:

If he had Gerald Butts's face would you still vote for him?

The alternative was o'Tool, which unfortunately is no alternative. Conservatives will never be an alternative for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Argus said:

I'm telling you moral standards were different back then, and nobody considered the tribes here as 'nations' or worried overmuch about setting up shop on empty land.

Blah, blah, blah.  As I said I am tired of it.

Are you not tired of it too?  The empty land most of our cities are built on, turns out to be Indian land.  The courts have decided that time and time again.  The moral standards were found to be deficient, for a reason - the courts have decided this again for you.   When exactly you will understand it, I have no idea.

Flipping nonsense with you gives me no enjoyment.  Last post on this subject from me. Have it your way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Blah, blah, blah.  As I said I am tired of it.

Then why are you even here? Because if you don't want to hear what anyone says nobody cares what you say either.

If the Indians want the land back let them fight for it. We'll see who comes out on top - again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Why is that? 

Not good for wildlife and the environment.  

When I have to choose between two crooks, I select the one who seems to have more class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cougar said:

Not good for wildlife and the environment.  

OMG, for real?

The difference between Conservatives and Liberals is that Liberals want Alberta oil to stay in the ground while we buy Saudi oil. The Libs lie about the environmental impact of oil 24/7 to make their case. FYI that area was called the tar sands because the environment was a toxic mess before we started extracting oil there. There are large areas that are cleaner now than when we started. 

Quote

When I have to choose between two crooks, I select the one who seems to have more class.

It's actually pretty scummy for you to call O'Toole or Scheer crooks with no supporting evidence. 

We have mounds of evidence that Trudeau is a slimy crook, so he's obviously the "largest crook" by far. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The difference between Conservatives and Liberals is that Liberals want Alberta oil to stay in the ground while we buy Saudi oil.

It's actually pretty scummy for you to call O'Toole or Scheer crooks with no supporting evidence.

Keeping Alberta oil in the ground suits me just fine.

I did not "call" anyone anything, but was honest to disclose my personal feelings.  In my mind I can see them as anything I want, and vote for whatever and whoever I want, just like you.

The idea is that if my vote is dramatically off the chart, it will make no difference to anything.

Edited by cougar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG, for real?

The difference between Conservatives and Liberals is that Liberals want Alberta oil to stay in the ground while we buy Saudi oil. The Libs lie about the environmental impact of oil 24/7 to make their case. FYI that area was called the tar sands because the environment was a toxic mess before we started extracting oil there. There are large areas that are cleaner now than when we started. 

It's actually pretty scummy for you to call O'Toole or Scheer crooks with no supporting evidence. 

We have mounds of evidence that Trudeau is a slimy crook, so he's obviously the "largest crook" by far. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6769964/andrew-scheer-internal-audit-conservatives/

 

Scheer was a crook.  They haven't found anything on O'Toole.  

 

Yet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cougar said:

I did not "call" anyone anything, but was honest to disclose my personal feelings.  In my mind I can see them as anything I want, 

You said that they were both crooks: "When I have to choose between two crooks".

There's no ambiguity there. You didn't say that they are "allegedly crooks" or that there are substantial-but-unconfirmed accusations against them, you said that they are both crooks [O'Toole and Trudeau].

Again, when you say things like that about people who have no such blemish on their character, it's an extremely serious accusation which comes with a burden of proof.

I ask you, where did you come by a legitimate belief that O'Toole is a crook? You made a serious accusation and you need to back it up. Where? 

Quote

The idea is that if my vote is dramatically off the chart, it will make no difference to anything.

The idea is that your opinion is nothing more than the product of media manipulation. 

In this country, Trudeau funnels taxpayer money to his family & friends and the media makes light of his crimes against the country and then buries the stories altogether. He can get caught in serious lies and they won't mention it. He can make stupid mistakes and the media will hide them or act like his blunders made sense at the time. When he starts pontificating to us the media won't point out the blatant hypocrisy of his mutterings, instead they will glorify him for it.

You know the scandals. You know the idiotic covid gaffes. You've seen him set covid rules for Canadians and then break them frivolously, or waste tremendous amounts of fuel on private trips after scolding soccer moms for driving SUVs. But the scandals are forgotten, the gaffes were never pointed out, and the hypocrisy was ignored so that he could be cast as a heroic leader. It's propaganda on an appalling scale, and he paid the media here handsomely for it, with taxpayer money.

By contrast, when O'Toole makes well-deserved and important criticisms it's viewed as pessimism or racism. If they can't spin what he says or does into something negative then they won't mention it. Everything that he does is blanketed by MSM suspicion. That's how propaganda works. That's how it steals your vote.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

This:

Quote

The audit found his expenses — including $18,000 per year in private school tuition fees — were properly recorded by the Conservative party but not shared in an itemized way with the powerful group overseeing the party’s finances, known as the Conservative Fund.

1) This isn't from Canadians so it's a party issue, not a crime 

2) It seems like a clerical error because all of his receipts were filed

3) It's a pittance. Trudeau funnelled 20x as much Canadian taxpayer money to his mom in one part of one of his many scandals. 

Quote

They haven't found anything on O'Toole.  

Yet.  

I could just as easily say:

"We don't have proof that you're a child molester.

Yet." 

Do you see how far your comment falls below the social norms for decency, integrity and polite discourse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

This:

1) This isn't from Canadians so it's a party issue, not a crime 

2) It seems like a clerical error because all of his receipts were filed

3) It's a pittance. Trudeau funnelled 20x as much Canadian taxpayer money to his mom in one part of one of his many scandals. 

I could just as easily say:

"We don't have proof that you're a child molester.

Yet." 

Do you see how far your comment falls below the social norms for decency, integrity and polite discourse?

Just as Scheer was announcing he’d step aside as soon as his replacement was chosen, it became public that party money had been used to pay for his children’s private school tuition.

 

What I get from that article is the conservatives don't care if you steal from them, as long you win. 

 

gee I wonder if thats so they can steal from us?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Just as Scheer was announcing he’d step aside as soon as his replacement was chosen, it became public that party money had been used to pay for his children’s private school tuition.

And some didn't like that but it was legal,  just like all the party money going for Trudeau's wardrobe and hair stylist.

18 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

What I get from that article is the conservatives don't care if you steal from them, as long you win. 

The article detailed a theft? I didn't read that. Are you at all interested in all that Chinese money that found it's way into Trudeau's foundation? I'm guessing probably not.

18 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

gee I wonder if thats so they can steal from us?  

The Liberals are the party you vote for to get that. That's a pretty persistent trait of the party at all levels, in fact. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Just as Scheer was announcing he’d step aside as soon as his replacement was chosen, it became public that party money had been used to pay for his children’s private school tuition.

 

What I get from that article is the conservatives don't care if you steal from them, as long you win. 

 

gee I wonder if thats so they can steal from us?  

It’s always a shell game with you huh.  Criticize Biden, you bring up Trudeau.  Criticize Trudeau, you bring up Scheer.  😂🤣

Btw, Scheer isn’t Prime Minister.  But if you think that’s bad, you should see the Trudeau’s ethics violations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

Just as Scheer was announcing he’d step aside as soon as his replacement was chosen, it became public that party money had been used to pay for his children’s private school tuition.

What I get from that article is the conservatives don't care if you steal from them, as long you win. 

gee I wonder if thats so they can steal from us?  

I don't know what the party's rule is regarding expenses. Do you?

I never said that stealing from the party was ok, either.

I never said that I'd choose Scheer as a leader based on that information. This is the first that I ever heard of it. 

I said that Scheer's scandal is just a fraction of 1 of Trudeau's many scandals. 

I said that Trudeau was caught funnelling 20x as much taxpayer money to his mom, and that is just one small part of the We charity scandal.

 

And the fact still stands that Cougar libelled O'Toole by calling him "a crook". That's extremely serious and pathetic behaviour. It seems as if you're defending a person's right to slander people. What's your deal, Cannucklehead?

 

You forgot to comment on this part:

Quote

I could just as easily say:

"We don't have proof that you're a child molester.

Yet." 

Do you see how far your comment falls below the social norms for decency, integrity and polite discourse?

Do you understand what it feels like to be accused of being guilty of something until you're proven innocent?

Edited by WestCanMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't know what the party's rule is regarding expenses. Do you?

I never said that stealing from the party was ok, either.

I never said that I'd choose Scheer as a leader based on that information. This is the first that I ever heard of it. 

I said that Scheer's scandal is just a fraction of 1 of Trudeau's many scandals. 

I said that Trudeau was caught funnelling 20x as much taxpayer money to his mom, and that is just one small part of the We charity scandal.

 

And the fact still stands that Cougar libelled O'Toole by calling him "a crook". That's extremely serious and pathetic behaviour. It seems as if you're defending a person's right to slander people. What's your deal, Cannucklehead?

 

You forgot to comment on this part:

Do you understand what it feels like to be accused of being guilty of something until you're proven innocent?

Since I'm not the current President of the u.s. I'd have to say I don't.  😋

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57106948

 

Last I heard Trudeau was cleared from the we thing and the finance minister wasn't.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Since I'm not the current President of the u.s. I'd have to say I don't.  😋

Biden is an influence peddler of the highest order. If you don't know that it's because you watch news channels that don't want you to know.

Quote

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57106948

Last I heard Trudeau was cleared from the we thing and the finance minister wasn't.  

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/trudeau-government-contributed-1-18-million-to-we-day-event-in-2017-during-which-pms-mother-was-likely-paid-to-speak

Trudeau was offering We money to host events. His mom was paid over $300K to speak at those events. His wife and brother got almost $200K from We between them.

As you can see, the We charity was also creating Justin Trudeau propaganda.

Then out of the blue, there's "a need for a charitable organization to make work projects for youths who are looking for work but can't find any because of covid" and Trudeau selects the We charity without putting the project up for bids.

IE, the 'charity' that makes propaganda for Trudeau and funnels taxpayer money to his mom for basically nothing is suddenly going to be running a $900M Hitler Youth camp. 

His family members weren't 'employees' of We, so the ethics commissioner let this one slide, but they made hundreds of thousands more dollars from We in far less time than Mr. Morneau's family member did. Morneau has a daughter who makes a normal amount of money for working at We so he was 'guilty' lol. 

In case you don't follow, Margaret Trudeau makes about $10,000/hr to speak at We as a 'contractor' so to speak, so she's not an employee, and Trudeau is 'innocent'. Morneau's daughter had a normal j.o.b. in the travel department, making thousands of dollars per year, so Mrneau was 'guilty' lol. See how it works? Get your family ten times as much for 100x as little and you're in the clear. It's like when Hunter Biden sells his paintings for $500K. "Nothin' to see here!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Biden is an influence peddler of the highest order. If you don't know that it's because you watch news channels that don't want you to know.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/trudeau-government-contributed-1-18-million-to-we-day-event-in-2017-during-which-pms-mother-was-likely-paid-to-speak

Trudeau was offering We money to host events. His mom was paid over $300K to speak at those events. His wife and brother got almost $200K from We between them.

As you can see, the We charity was also creating Justin Trudeau propaganda.

Then out of the blue, there's "a need for a charitable organization to make work projects for youths who are looking for work but can't find any because of covid" and Trudeau selects the We charity without putting the project up for bids.

IE, the 'charity' that makes propaganda for Trudeau and funnels taxpayer money to his mom for basically nothing is suddenly going to be running a $900M Hitler Youth camp. 

His family members weren't 'employees' of We, so the ethics commissioner let this one slide, but they made hundreds of thousands more dollars from We in far less time than Mr. Morneau's family member did. Morneau has a daughter who makes a normal amount of money for working at We so he was 'guilty' lol. 

In case you don't follow, Margaret Trudeau makes about $10,000/hr to speak at We as a 'contractor' so to speak, so she's not an employee, and Trudeau is 'innocent'. Morneau's daughter had a normal j.o.b. in the travel department, making thousands of dollars per year, so Mrneau was 'guilty' lol. See how it works? Get your family ten times as much for 100x as little and you're in the clear. It's like when Hunter Biden sells his paintings for $500K. "Nothin' to see here!"

 

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/07/30/trudeau-says-he-pushed-back-on-public-service-recommendation-that-we-charity-run-student-program/

 

Trudeau said he decided to pull the CSSG from the May 8 cabinet agenda — three days after the government’s COVID-19 cabinet committee endorsed the recommendation — and asked the public service for “further due diligence.” He later said during the meeting that he knew there “would be questions asked because of the links to my family.”

 

The public service recommended we, not Trudeau. 

 

The public service is not entirely made up of liberals, if you get where I'm going with this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/07/30/trudeau-says-he-pushed-back-on-public-service-recommendation-that-we-charity-run-student-program/

Trudeau said he decided to pull the CSSG from the May 8 cabinet agenda — three days after the government’s COVID-19 cabinet committee endorsed the recommendation — and asked the public service for “further due diligence.” He later said during the meeting that he knew there “would be questions asked because of the links to my family.”

LOL. Thanks for the article.

Just out of curiosity, is ipolitics one of the media corps that received some of the $600M that Trudeau sent to "select media outlets"? Or one of the TOP SECRET media outets that received $61M from Trudeau "to ensure that the election could be covered accurately" 🤣 Obviously we'll never know, seeing as it's a Liberal Party of Canada secret. 

Quote

Trudeau repeatedly said during the meeting that he had “pushed back” on the recommendation by the public service that WE Charity was needed for the CSSG to go on.

Just like he never put any pressure on the AG to use the DPA for SNC Lavalin. We all know that's bullshit.

FYI, when he moves his lips he's lying. And yeah, you get to say things like that about a guy after he's been busted for several ethics breaches.

Quote

..... Trudeau was unable to provide an exact dollar figure on a total amount WE Charity has paid his wife, mother or brother for any work or reimbursed expenses. 

He said he was unaware until after the CSSG was launched that they had been paid by the organization, beyond travel-related expenses.

His mom was paid $312,000, plus

Quote

beyond travel-related expenses.

they reimbursed her for............. $167,944 in expenses 😇           [😂]

WE gave her $479,944 altogether.  Trudeau: "I was unaware that WE gave my mom half a million dollars" lol. 

Say it Cannucklehead... Tell me right now that you believe Trudeau was unaware that WE gave his mom half a million dollars so that I can piss myself laughing at you. 

 

PS: Does this remind you of Joe Biden at all? Joe said that he was completely unaware that Hunter worked for Burisma in at least two different interviews, then after the photo of Joe, Hunter and Devon Archer came out, Joe had to admit that he was previously lying, and that he actually did know about Hunter's job at Burisma when he gave the billion dollar QPQ. Joe also said that he didn't know Hunter was coming to China on AF2 to do business with the Communist Bank of China. 

It's weird how the families of Trudeau and Biden are cashing in on their influence without their knowledge. Are they fuckin retards? Do they not talk to their families? Of course that's a rhetorical question, because we know for a fact that Joe was lying, but do we trust Trudeau? Are we fuckin retarded too? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

The public service recommended we, not Trudeau. 

After much discussion with the PMO and minster the public service understood the recommendation they were required to make.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Keeping Alberta oil in the ground suits me just fine.

I did not "call" anyone anything, but was honest to disclose my personal feelings.  In my mind I can see them as anything I want, and vote for whatever and whoever I want, just like you.

The idea is that if my vote is dramatically off the chart, it will make no difference to anything.

Cougar, Canada disappeared today, It would not make one difference in CO2 levels. We are cutting our throats for nothing. Oil is going nowhere. The " Tars sands" are just a easy target , while the rest of the world keeps pumping. And Asia's addiction to coal is actually hurting alot more then Alberta's Ethical Oil. And if we could sell more NG to Asia, it would help them get off coal. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

1) You said that they were both crooks: "When I have to choose between two crooks".

There's no ambiguity there. You didn't say that they are "allegedly crooks" or that there are substantial-but-unconfirmed accusations against them, you said that they are both crooks [O'Toole and Trudeau].

2) The idea is that your opinion is nothing more than the product of media manipulation.

 

1) Might have sounded like that , but you can't be sure who I had in mind.  There were more than two parties and you have no idea which ones I was considering.  Without using names, the "two crooks" is a general expression, aimed to emphasize rather than offend.

2)  You are correct.  I do not know any of the leaders in person.  Do you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PIK said:

Cougar, Canada disappeared today, It would not make one difference in CO2 levels. We are cutting our throats for nothing. Oil is going nowhere. The " Tars sands" are just a easy target , while the rest of the world keeps pumping. And Asia's addiction to coal is actually hurting alot more then Alberta's Ethical Oil. And if we could sell more NG to Asia, it would help them get off coal. 

Everything matters.  You really can't prove to me that the thousands of trucks, excavators , dozers, planes, boats and anything else makes NO DIFFERENCE!  You can't prove to me that the oil sand operation visible from space as a scar on the Earth has no impact.  Can't prove that the forests we have removed in the past 50 years have no impact or the plastic garbage we pump into the land, rivers and the ocean has no impact.

You look at China once you have fixed all problems we have here internally.   Don't come here telling me how much more we can pollute to reach China's levels!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 11:21 AM, cougar said:

Not good for wildlife and the environment.  

When I have to choose between two crooks, I select the one who seems to have more class.

Do you support Trudeau, the master apologizer.  True North news said his apology was fake.  Now FNs expect to get some things out of him, like millions of dollars in some kind of benefits as compensation for taking a holiday on Truth and Reconciliation day.  He has no problem spending taxpayer money like water.  So he will probably have no problem writing a few cheques.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Do you support Trudeau, the master apologizer.  True North news said his apology was fake.  Now FNs expect to get some things out of him, like millions of dollars in some kind of benefits as compensation for taking a holiday on Truth and Reconciliation day.  He has no problem spending taxpayer money like water.  So he will probably have no problem writing a few cheques.

They were waiting for him to get to them on Reconciliation  day so they could ask for the millions of dollars.  one way or another they were going to ask for money.

I don't support anyone, don't get me wrong.   Also I am far from the thought that my choice makes a difference on anything.  They have rigged the game, so no matter what they are always on top.

We have to think of our personal affairs and live life at our level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...