Trudeau's hand-wringing, virtue signaling holiday

Argus

1 hour ago, cougar said:

What happened is indeed uncomfortable.  This is why many admit to the wrongs and are apologetic.

Not you and Argus of course ; you prefer to line up your values with the Neanderthals.

And you have no understanding what a neanderthal is. But we have done all we can and the time for crying is over. Many people over time have suffered even  whites. But no one has done what canada has done fir the native pop. And if this constant complaining doesn't change, any good will you have now will be gone.

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

Can you share with us exactly what you yourself do to help indians here and now? 

I do absolutely nothing! I treat them as normal people; clean some garbage after them, and that is about it.

We can't undo the past and fix the wrongs back then.  However we are doing the same thing we did to the indians in the past to wildlife, forests and rivers today. 

This is why I heard a river in QC - the Magpie was given rights like it is a human, so it can defend itself.  They all should have equal rights - bears, moose and so on.    Too little too late as usual.

19 minutes ago, Shady said:

Hang 10!

52841AED-7E0D-4CEA-B3D6-4F56536EF1D3.jpeg

Good on him.  This is exactly where he should be.  Hopefully he tries to protect our coast from tankers and oil spills.

What did you want him to do - go to Kamloops to get smoked by the local Indian bands and swamped by requests for help/money?  He did what he could do.

18 hours ago, cougar said:

Good on him.  This is exactly where he should be.  Hopefully he tries to protect our coast from tankers and oil spills.

What did you want him to do - go to Kamloops to get smoked by the local Indian bands and swamped by requests for help/money?  He did what he could do.

That surfboard he has is partially made with chemicals from the petroleum industry.

More oil and more pipelines... please!

19 minutes ago, ironstone said:

That surfboard he has is partially made with chemicals from the petroleum industry.

More oil and more pipelines... please!

It was made of recycled plastics collected from the ocean floor.   Our reserves of those are unlimited.  

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

It was made of recycled plastics collected from the ocean floor.   Our reserves of those are unlimited.  

The petroleum industry is important to the plastic industry.

Oil to plastic: A lesson on how plastic is made (teamppi.com)

Nice to see Trudeau getting some blowback from his poorly timed vacation.

The guy is made of Teflon, nothing will stick to this guy, he is above the law and above reproach...The left love this guy regardless because they are just like him... this will be forgotten by the end of the week, and we will be on to the justin story.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

The petroleum industry is important to the plastic industry.

Oil to plastic: A lesson on how plastic is made (teamppi.com)

Nice to see Trudeau getting some blowback from his poorly timed vacation.

The plastic industry is at the heart of present day river and ocean pollution and the disappearance of marine species.

Trudeau's vacation was well planned - it was a holiday; he went on a holiday.

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The guy is made of Teflon, nothing will stick to this guy, he is above the law and above reproach...The left love this guy regardless because they are just like him... this will be forgotten by the end of the week, and we will be on to the justin story.

I like the guy.  He looks better than any other president I've seen.  Seems a bit more human than all other options.  Sorry for you thinking otherwise.

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The guy is made of Teflon, nothing will stick to this guy, he is above the law and above reproach...

He's made of billions of taxpayer dollars that went to media outlets.

He could rape a conservative MP and the MSM here would say "All bitches want it".

3 hours ago, cougar said:

I like the guy.  He looks better than any other president I've seen.  Seems a bit more human than all other options.  Sorry for you thinking otherwise.

? That's the most shallow, pathetic reason that I've ever seen for voting for a politician.

He looks so human when he's funnelling gov't money through his propagandists at the We charity to his family.

He looks so good creating laws for the slimiest criminal organizations in Canada, which have a court-documented history of paying bribes for government contracts.

He looks so good blocking the police from investigating his scandals. 

He looks so good giving $61M in emergency money to select media outlets so that they can cover the federal election, and refusing to even tell anyone who they are. 

He looks so good pontificating to Canadians about their usage of fossil fuels, and then dedicating an entire jumbo jet to journalists so that they can follow him across the country on his election campaign.

He looks so good using a Teddy Bear by a gravesite as a photo op.

I'd be embarrassed AF if I had to admit to voting for Trudeau in 2015, but 2019? 2021? That's sickening.

If he had Gerald Butts's face would you still vote for him?

Edited by WestCanMan

17 hours ago, cougar said:

Cougar your free to like or dislike anyone you like,

PS, We have Prime Ministers here in Canada, The left have different morals and values than the right, what is right or wrong, and the love for all social programs regardless of cost. 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Cougar your free to like or dislike anyone you like,

PS, We have Prime Ministers here in Canada, The left have different morals and values than the right, what is right or wrong, and the love for all social programs regardless of cost. 

Do you think it’s correct to say that “the right” hates social programs and would rather see people go broke if they can’t pay for their own healthcare?

51 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think it’s correct to say that “the right” hates social programs and would rather see people go broke if they can’t pay for their own healthcare?

I did not say that, Their are social programs that we need to survive as nation. health care is one, But they are few and far between. DO you think it is fair that a lobster fishermen that makes 250 k a year be able to draw poggy on the off season, orsame as Child care, free education, Pharma care, dental care, the list goes on and on, liberals plans did not say it would cost higher taxes, NDP atleast had the balls to say it would come at a huge rise in income taxes...Most of all of this is pie in the sky, election crap... but not all of it...taxes are already going up, like carbon taxes etc...we don't need any more taxes..

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

DO you think it is fair that…

Do I support means testing for some (many) services?  Yes.  

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Their are social programs that we need to survive as nation. health care is one

So not all right wing people think that all social programs are bad?   I was hoping you might see why I phrased my question in such a way that asked you if my blanket statement was a fair one… 

Do you think it’s helpful to make such blanket statements in discussions?  Do you actually think all “the left” really want every social program at any cost?

17 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do I support means testing for some (many) services?  Yes.  

So not all right wing people think that all social programs are bad?   I was hoping you might see why I phrased my question in such a way that asked you if my blanket statement was a fair one… 

Do you think it’s helpful to make such blanket statements in discussions?  Do you actually think all “the left” really want every social program at any cost?

Maybe next time you can just say Armyguy this is a teaching moment, I don't like your statement for the following reasons...I thought i had already made this very clear, there are social programs that are needed by this country...you don't have to be right or left to say that... that being said the liberal platform has some more social projects it is pushing, that will cost 100's of bils... NDP has a Shit ton of suggested social programs which are going to cost 100's of bils... One of the questions should be do we really need these programs, and how do we pay for all of it...and if i don't like that i won't support that...and if i have to support 3 other programs to get the one i like then i will do that....

And if you voted for the left  then YES you support some or all of the suggested programs, regardless of the cost...i mean why would you vote NDP/ liberal/ Green  if you did not like the platform, "great question army guy because this is how my family votes, I always vote to my party regardless of platform, i like their t shirts, he has good socks and hair, he is good looking. he can't box worth a shit...I get it it is all about choice, what favors YOU..NO consideration for what is good for the nation at all....

And it's not all about the platforms, Its Justin character, he lies constantly, he throws people under the bus all the time, he just does not care what rules or laws he breaks as long as he gets what he wants... frankly i question the voters moral and values if they can support that type of guy...repeatedly maybe their hoping he will change... 

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Maybe next time you can just say Armyguy this is a teaching moment, I don't like your statement for the following reasons...I thought i had already made this very clear, there are social programs that are needed by this country...you don't have to be right or left to say that... that being said the liberal platform has some more social projects it is pushing, that will cost 100's of bils... NDP has a Shit ton of suggested social programs which are going to cost 100's of bils... One of the questions should be do we really need these programs, and how do we pay for all of it...and if i don't like that i won't support that...and if i have to support 3 other programs to get the one i like then i will do that....

And if you voted for the left  then YES you support some or all of the suggested programs, regardless of the cost...i mean why would you vote NDP/ liberal/ Green  if you did not like the platform, "great question army guy because this is how my family votes, I always vote to my party regardless of platform, i like their t shirts, he has good socks and hair, he is good looking. he can't box worth a shit...I get it it is all about choice, what favors YOU..NO consideration for what is good for the nation at all....

And it's not all about the platforms, Its Justin character, he lies constantly, he throws people under the bus all the time, he just does not care what rules or laws he breaks as long as he gets what he wants... frankly i question the voters moral and values if they can support that type of guy...repeatedly maybe their hoping he will change... 

You think every voter agrees 100% with the party’s platform that they voted for?

So I guess that means evangelical voters agree with the Conservative Party’s stance on keeping abortion legal if they voted for a Conservative?

Or do you think someone’s vote is a little more nuanced than that?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

You think every voter agrees 100% with the party’s platform that they voted for?

So I guess that means evangelical voters agree with the Conservative Party’s stance on keeping abortion legal if they voted for a Conservative?

Or do you think someone’s vote is a little more nuanced than that?

I did not say that, i said 

And if you voted for the left  then YES you support some or all of the suggested programs, regardless of the cost...

and here is most like reason to vote for any party. cause it is all about me baby

and if i have to support 3 other programs to get the one i like then i will do that....

Can't talk for others  I did not vote this year because O tool promise to due one thing then switch mid stream to garner more left votes...., a lot of conservatives are not happy , i was not voting left, nor was i going to vote PPC there was no other choices.. so i refrained for voting...

On 10/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, cougar said:

You tell me they were imbeciles who did not know wrong from right?

I'm telling you moral standards were different back then, and nobody considered the tribes here as 'nations' or worried overmuch about setting up shop on empty land.

This is how it goes in history - different tribes and nations fighting over resources (according to your own narrative).

According to anyone who knows even the slightest bit about history.

Wow, you are like tar - sticky goo - can't clean my hands of you.

I know how it distresses you whenever anyone tries to introduce reality into your bizarroworld views.

• Like 1