Trudeau's hand-wringing, virtue signaling holiday

Argus

5 hours ago, Argus said:

You want reconciliation? Close down the reserves and get rid of the Indian Act. That's the only way it happens.

And that's the truth.

Of course this is not the truth.

The other way it happens is, everyone goes back to where they came from, or where their ancestors came from; leaving the Indians alone.

31 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol saying they don't work  is one

If they're on the reserves they mostly DON'T work.

saying no abuse in residential schools another..

Never said that. You created this strawman because you aren't able to dispute what I DID say.

why don't you go say these things at one of there demostrations today.. instead of a forum and see what happens to you?  no you won't cause you rather hide behind a screen and say it.

So what you're saying is I should go and do what, protest at a demonstration, and hopefully (in your mind) get beat up by presumably violent natives? Do you support violence being used to suppress views you don't like?

In fact, I chose to work today.

28 minutes ago, cougar said:

Of course this is not the truth.

The other way it happens is, everyone goes back to where they came from, or where their ancestors came from; leaving the Indians alone.

Do the Indians go back to where they came from too? That would be China, I believe.

By the way, if I go back to Scotland, and some of my ancestors there were from the Vikings who colonized the norther, do I then have to back to Norway? And if my ancestors moved there from further south do I have to go there then?

Also, the natives living on the land they stole from other natives, like the Iroquois, for example, do they have to go back to the lands they came from and give the land back to the original natives who occupied it? Obviously in some cases they slaughtered them to the last child so there's no one to give the land back to, so do they just have to leave anyway?

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

Do the Indians go back to where they came from too? That would be China, I believe.

Nope, they have been here all along.  Same with the Indians of South America.   Same with the indigenous residents of the Caribbeans.

What you do after you go back to Scotland is up to the UK.  Another jurisdiction.

Edited by cougar

51 minutes ago, Argus said:

If they're on the reserves they mostly DON'T work.

Never said that. You created this strawman because you aren't able to dispute what I DID say.

So what you're saying is I should go and do what, protest at a demonstration, and hopefully (in your mind) get beat up by presumably violent natives? Do you support violence being used to suppress views you don't like?

In fact, I chose to work today.

you choose to work today congratz  do you want a cookie? you big boy should be proud of yourself.

• Haha 1

Canada does spend an enormous amount of money at Indian Affairs.

Budget 2021: Strong Indigenous Communities - Canada.ca

Maybe not so much to actually show for it at the end of the day. All kinds of stats out there as to the unemployment rate of Indians. One figure I saw said it's over 19%. From 2020 during Covid it was about 9.5% for Canada as a whole.

Let's face it, this constant song and dance about reconciliation is never going away. It cannot be resolved in large part because there are too many indigenous Al Sharpton types who stand to gain from this never ending story.

The current system is too much "hand out" and too little "hand up".

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/more-money-wont-solve-aboriginal-woes

6 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol of course right wing media    is the reading you want me to do haha nice try  ..  either way it doesn't matter if  you like it or not the holiday is here to stay so sept 30th every year sit back and enjoy :)

This thread isn't about whether or not there's a holiday. LMAO.

It's about the way Trudeau and the mainstream media here are misleading Canadians about the topic of residential schools in general, and about what has actually been learned recently.  

As we've come to expect, Trudeau throws Canadians under the bus on this issue just to make himself look good, but what's worse is that he ignores his own father's guilt here, which is obviously far greater than that of avg Canadians: FYI P.E.T. actually wanted to get rid of FN status altogether, and just assimilate them all. 

The bottom line however, is that this sad chapter in Canadian history is being politicized and that's gross. The Teddy Bear photo was the perfect example of how Trudeau plays his peons like a Stradivarius.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

This thread isn't about whether or not there's a holiday. LMAO.

It's about the way Trudeau and the mainstream media here are misleading Canadians about the topic of residential schools in general, and about what has actually been learned recently.  

As we've come to expect, Trudeau throws Canadians under the bus on this issue just to make himself look good, but what's worse is that he ignores his own father's guilt here, which is obviously far greater than that of avg Canadians: FYI P.E.T. actually wanted to get rid of FN status altogether, and just assimilate them all. 

The bottom line however, is that this sad chapter in Canadian history is being politicized and that's gross. The Teddy Bear photo was the perfect example of how Trudeau plays his peons like a Stradivarius.

lol misleading how? you don't think there was horrible abuse that took place ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol misleading how? you don't think there was horrible abuse that took place ?

It's completely misleading EC90:

• they continue to act as if it's likely that the children were murdered, even though the schools were open while the Spanish Flu, ChickenPox and TB were ravaging the country,
  • they act like the children were put there specifically to be harmed,
  • they act like the majority of Canadians were somehow supposed to be aware that children were being mistreated there and they were willing accomplices to it
  • they ignore the fact that the majority of Canadians who supported residential schools did so because they were well aware that natives were still living in stone age accommodations and were unable to read & write at the beginning of the 20th century (the first Rez school opened up about 15 years after Nikola Tesla graduated from university). All of the same people who are adamant that children need to be able to get gender reassignment therapy and must be vaxxed in 2021 would have been the exact people who were adamant that FN children needed to have access to modern education back in 1901. 

Anybody who believes the whole MSM narrative that is unfolding on our TVs is just a complete moron with no historical awareness whatsoever. Apparently that includes you.

It should be possible to talk about Res schools in an honest, insightful, intelligent, meaningful, fact-based manner, but instead we have the Liberal government leading the discussion, therefor the issue is being twisted into something that can be politicized/propagandized.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

It's completely misleading EC90:

• they continue to act as if it's likely that the children were murdered, even though the schools were open while the Spanish Flu, ChickenPox and TB were ravaging the country,
  • they act like the children were put there specifically to be harmed,
  • they act like the majority of Canadians were somehow supposed to be aware that children were being mistreated there and they were willing accomplices to it
  • they ignore the fact that the majority of Canadians who supported residential schools did so because they were well aware that natives were still living in stone age accommodations and were unable to read & write at the beginning of the 20th century (the first Rez school opened up about 15 years after Nikola Tesla graduated from university). All of the same people who are adamant that children need to be able to get gender reassignment therapy and must be vaxxed in 2021 would have been the exact people who were adamant that FN children needed to have access to modern education back in 1901. 

Anybody who believes the whole MSM narrative that is unfolding on our TVs is just a complete moron with no historical awareness whatsoever. Apparently that includes you.

It should be possible to talk about Res schools in an honest, insightful, intelligent, meaningful, fact-based manner, but instead we have the Liberal government leading the discussion, therefor the issue is being twisted into something that can be politicized/propagandized.

lol wow you are seriously brainwashed lmao..  what a racist  view towards natives also.  seems to be alot of you type of people on this forum unfortunatly.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Anybody who believes the whole MSM narrative that is unfolding on our TVs is just a complete moron with no historical awareness whatsoever.

Darn,I must be a complete moron too.  All these years I thought otherwise.?

6 hours ago, Argus said:
9 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Is that what you see? I see liberal bigots who want to keep natives like dime store Indians, stuck in the past, doing quaint pow-wow dances for your amusement so you can toss pennies to them on your way past. The people on reserves have no meaning in their lives, no reason to live. No jobs or prospect of them. No way to improve or better themselves. And so they drink and do drugs, and get in fights while you sit back and merrily applaud. 

Every imaginable kind of person from all around the world comes to Canada and moves to the cities to live among us but somehow or other you liberal types think natives are some kind of deeply inferior creature that has to be kept isolated out in the woods and can never be integrated. Why is that?

You have no idea what I want for First Nations people or what they want for themselves, all you have is racist tropes about savages who need to assimilate into European society in order to valued as human beings. Fortunately that way of thinking is becoming extinct. 

6 hours ago, Argus said:

It never ceases to amaze me the depths of ignorance I see from the Left. Please do tell me what white communities are 'given' anything without question? A white town pays its taxes, and if it needs a new well, it pays to drill that well. White communities pay for their own water treatment facilities and their own roads….

White communities pay for their own water.

Speaking with of ignorance!  You don’t even understand how your own country works.   There are close to ZERO municipalities that can finance their own services. They receive the majority of their  services and infrastructure funding from provinces and the provinces also receive transfers from the federal government. In addition,  all sorts of provincial ministries exist to provide municipalities with expertise and make private contracts affordable through bulk purchases, essential services are provided regardless of how much or how little tax revenue they generate. 

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Bullshit. The abuses were roughly the same as inflicted on children in other schools at the time, especially poor kids, especially in boarding schools or orphanages or reform schools. Science experiments? What ass did you pull that one out of? Are you perhaps thinking of ones performed on white orphans in Quebec - the Duplessis orphans? Cruelty and lack of concern for individuals was widespread back then throughout the country and world.

You are clearly ignorant of what went on in those schools. The abuses were not “roughly the same”. Did white kids get put into low voltage electric chairs or pimped out to local pedophiles?  How many white kids were forcibly removed from their families to attend such places and how many drowned or froze to death trying to escape with nobody even bothering to notify the family?

You really should study the topic and not just regurgitate what racist family members tell you.

Yes experiments. You see due to  the high level of malnourishment in the residential schools, the federal government thought the kids would make excellent subjects for various  nutritional research experiments. 

The First Nations nutrition experimentswere a series of experiments run in Canada by Department of Pensions and National Health (now Health Canada) in the 1940s and 1950s. The experiments were conducted on at least 1,300 Indigenous people across Canada, approximately 1000 of whom were children.[1] The deaths connected with the experiments have been described as part of Canada's genocide of Indigenous peoples.[2]

6 hours ago, Argus said:

No one funds white health care or childcare but themselves. And guess what, if you're in a tiny town you better support yourself or else. How many tiny towns have any medical care within an hour or two drive?

LMAO WHAT???   Are you even Canadian?  What are you some Russian internet troll? Do you not know we have a publicly funded healthcare system in this country?  Seriously that is the stupidest thing I’ve heard in this forum in some time and that’s saying a lot.  And the driving distance has nothing to do with anything on this point. 

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Pipeline companies pay for their own pipelines.

Governments also invest in pipelines and all kinds of things. Investing on clean drinking water reduces disease and raises living standards which is a return on investment. Also government doesn’t only invest for monetary returns.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

And as they insist on keeping natives out on their isolated reserves the natives drink themselves to death or commit suicide because there' no purpose in their lives and never will be. 

Nobody is insisting they live anywhere and many FN communities are not so remote or isolated and in many cases it was the Canadian government who forcibly relocated them there to begin with. Enough of your ignorant Racist tropes about Drunken Lazy Indians. There are many living in reserves who do not fit your stereotype. 

• Thanks 1

All too conveniently lost on the progressives is that "natives" are no such thing. They too are descendants of immigrants - mongoloids from Asia. The western hemisphere was populated from north to south by way of the Bering Strait when a land bridge. Human remains in the north are far older than the Mayans and Incas. They did not "descend from spirits".

Btw, by far Canada's most famous architect ever, Douglas Cardinal, credits St. Joseph's Residential School in Red Deer as the foundation of his education and life of rules, responsibility and structure.

1 hour ago, RedDog said:

All too conveniently lost on the progressives is that "natives" are no such thing. They too are descendants of immigrants - mongoloids from Asia. 

OMG, you people are really reaching.  Per your "logic", no humans of are entitled to claim any homeland outside of Africa.  

?

Edited by dialamah

On 9/30/2021 at 9:01 AM, Argus said:

The whole residential schools thing is wildly overblown

What do you think is overblown about it?

Does the fact that the legislation was passed by a unanimous vote in the House of Commons give you pause to think that, despite what you think are Trudeau’s motivations, that it is a good idea?

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/votes/43/2/18

Edited by TreeBeard

4 hours ago, RedDog said:

mongoloids from Asia.

Did you know that the use of that term is considered offensive and not in general use any longer?

Did you also know that it comes from a completely outdated and debunked  classification system that contended that there are three “races” of humans?  

Or maybe you agree with classifying humans into Mongoloid, Caucasoid and Negroid, like they did in the 1700s when the term originated?

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

What do you think is overblown about it?

A: People are judging the schools based on today's standards, not the standards of the time. All schools back then were rough, had strict discipline enforced by corporal punishment, and had bullies and perverts among the staff and senior students.

B: People don't seem to understand just how many people died of communicable diseases back then, or how ignorant medicine was about both the cause and cure of said diseases.

c; The graveyards were known for many decades. That their headstones had been removed or disintgrated is irrelevant. These were not 'mass graves' but simple graveyards which had been ignored with time.

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Does the fact that the legislation was passed by a unanimous vote in the House of Commons give you pause to think that, despite what you think are Trudeau’s motivations, that it is a good idea?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Once it was proposed you'd have had to have balls to say anything against or assholes would call you a racist. None of our politicians have any balls.

Edited by Argus

On 9/30/2021 at 6:16 PM, cougar said:

Nope, they have been here all along.  Same with the Indians of South America.   Same with the indigenous residents of the Caribbeans.

I take it you donn't agree with stuff like science and history.

19 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

You have no idea what I want for First Nations people

It's clear you don't think they're fully human, and certainly not up to white standards.

Speaking with of ignorance!  You don’t even understand how your own country works.   There are close to ZERO municipalities that can finance their own services. They receive the majority of their  services and infrastructure funding from provinces and the provinces also receive transfers from the federal government.

They receive SOME of their funding from the provinces and feds, but the same people pay taxes to the province and feds. Natives on reserve pay nothing. Small cities and towns have to take out loans and raise taxes for capital financing. Nobody gives them a damn thing.

You are clearly ignorant of what went on in those schools.

And you don't have a clue about the kinds of things that went on in regular schools. Even the good quality ones where rich people sent their kids. Our schools took after the British, and even Prince Charles found himself locked naked in a cage while cold water was poured over him at his boarding school.

\Yes experiments. You see due to  the high level of malnourishment in the residential schools, the federal government thought the kids would make excellent subjects for various  nutritional research experiments. 

But they'd never do that to white kids, right? Like white orphans in Quebec?

Do you not know we have a publicly funded healthcare system in this country?

Sure do. And it's available to anyone who shows up. But no one locates hospitals out in hamlets of two or three hundred people, and no one can make doctors live anywhere near them either. 

And the driving distance has nothing to do with anything on this point. 

Not if you're a native, no. If you're white it does. If you're a native on reserve the federal government will send you by bus, train or aircraft to get whatever medical care you think you need. No verification necessary so if you want to get flown to Thunder Bay to do a little shopping just make a doctor's appointment and skip it. If you're white it's up to you to find your own way to the nearest doctor or clinic.

Nobody is insisting they live anywhere and many FN communities are not so remote or isolated and in many cases it was the Canadian government who forcibly relocated them there to begin with.

True. And it's people like you who keep them there.

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, Argus said:

I take it you donn't agree with stuff like science and history.

'The Inca Empire was the last chapter of thousands of years of Andean civilizations. The Andean civilization is one of five civilizations in the world deemed by scholars to be "pristine", that is indigenous and not derivative from other civilizations.'

So you have a civilization , thousands of years old  in South America , but somehow you think this civilization waited for the Chinese to settle in North America and form various Indian tribes????

Of course not.....

'Native Americans, also known as American Indians, First Americans, Indigenous Americans and other terms, are the Indigenous peoples of the United States; sometimes including Hawaii and territories of the United States, and other times limited to the mainland. There are 574 federally recognized tribes living within the US, about half of which are associated with Indian reservations. "Native Americans" (as defined by the United States Census) are Indigenous tribes that are originally from the contiguous United States, along with Alaska Natives. '

Your knowledge of history is just as deficient as your knowledge in just about every other area.

You can go back to Scotland and shine.

Edited by cougar