Trudeau's hand-wringing, virtue signaling holiday

Argus

One can accept that one's country did not always act with propriety and justice in the past without veering over into sniveling shame and guilt-mongering the way the wretched Trudeau Liberals and much of the liberal left have done. Did Canada treat natives (and others) poorly in the past? Sure. So did everyone. It was a different world with different moral standards based on more of a hand-to-mouth existence for most. No, it wasn't genocide. Not even remotely so. No, I feel not the slightest shame. No, I won't wear orange nor get down on my hands and knees and lick the feet of every native the way Trudeau and the progressive left is doing.

The whole residential schools thing is wildly overblown, based on the vast, towering ignorance most Canadians have of history. We have fourth rate teachers being paid first rate wages to indoctrinate children in progressive virtues instead of teaching them about things like history. Thus they're open to the hysterical nonsense our lazy, third rate progressive media puts out. Lots of people died back in the day as diseases ravaged the nation. More died in a large, residential building, obviously, as these diseases spread most easily in such places. But that is something not known at the time.

The situation with natives in this country is an absolute mess, exacerbated by the brainless left who want to keep the natives as dime story Indians living on isolated reserves with no future and no economic means of survival. The only way this ends is to close down the reserves and incorporate natives into the rest of the nation. Not something likely to happen under a prime minister who denies Canada even IS a nation, and who would gladly give it back if he could - then retreat to his homeland, which he thinks definitely is a nation: Quebec. 

Until then, the corrupt native rights industry will continue to do its best to shame and extort money out of bleeding heart liberals, who don't even dare ask what it's being spent on as natives live in poverty.

You want reconciliation? Close down the reserves and get rid of the Indian Act. That's the only way it happens.

And that's the truth.

• Like 2

the abuse they suffered in residential school and childrens grave found over past few months is a disgrace to our country and the way they were treated and everyone should be ashamed of the past.. i Believe they deserve the holiday.. i also believe all there reserves  deserve  clean drinking wateer and better housing.. 

however i ain't on board with there 40,000 payout each child lawsuit  for child welfare  since 2006 they won in the courts yesterday i believe.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

the abuse they suffered in residential school and childrens grave found over past few months is a disgrace to our country

No one found any 'abuse' the last few months. All they found were old graveyards where residents of these old schools were once buried after dying from various communicable diseases.

and the way they were treated and everyone should be ashamed of the past..

You can wrap yourself in shame all you want. I feel none. Canada acted way better than most nations of that time.

i Believe they deserve the holiday..

Why? They don't work!

i also believe all there reserves  deserve  clean drinking wateer and better housing.. 

Most of these little reserves only have a few hundred people on them. They wouldn't even exist if they were white because white people wouldn't locate a town in areas with no economic reason to exist. And if there was one, and there was many, when the economic reason disappeared, people would leave for a better life elsewhere. We're spending a fortune to provide services to these tiny hamlets we don't for anyone else. We recently paid $33 million to provide a complicated filtration system for a reserve with 400 people living on it. And like other such filtration systems we have built in the past, it was turned over to the band council. No doubt it will fall apart in a year or so from lack of maintenance, just like all the others have.

however i ain't on board with there 40,000 payout each child lawsuit  for child welfare  since 2006 they won in the courts yesterday i believe.

The courts are very left wing and stopped caring about law some time ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

No one found any 'abuse' the last few months. All they found were old graveyards where residents of these old schools were once buried after dying from various communicable diseases.

You can wrap yourself in shame all you want. I feel none. Canada acted way better than most nations of that time.

Why? They don't work!

Most of these little reserves only have a few hundred people on them. They wouldn't even exist if they were white because white people wouldn't locate a town in areas with no economic reason to exist. And if there was one, and there was many, when the economic reason disappeared, people would leave for a better life elsewhere. We're spending a fortune to provide services to these tiny hamlets we don't for anyone else. We recently paid $33 million to provide a complicated filtration system for a reserve with 400 people living on it. And like other such filtration systems we have built in the past, it was turned over to the band council. No doubt it will fall apart in a year or so from lack of maintenance, just like all the others have.

The courts are very left wing and stopped caring about law some time ago.

there has been plenty of abuse found over the years from residential schools... you should be ashamed saying that.    and saying they don't work seriously?  my job has had natives  working there every year so yes they do work.. and yes why was all those  graves hidden if nothing wrong happened eh ?

5 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

there has been plenty of abuse found over the years from residential schools... you should be ashamed saying that.   

Is English your second language? I didn't say there hadn't been abuse. I pointed out the recent hysteria was over finding graveyards - even though we knew they were there before anyway.

There was abuse in ALL schools back in the day, especially boarding or residential schools. Abuse by teachers and other staff and abuse by older students. These were the days of 'spare the rod, spoil the child' after all. Corporal punishment didn't get phased out in Canadian schools until the 1970s and even 1980s.

5 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

and saying they don't work seriously?  my job has had natives  working there every year so yes they do work.. and yes why was all those  graves hidden if nothing wrong happened eh ?

The graves weren't hidden. Everyone knew they were there. Except, apparently, the ignorant, which includes the mass media.

Try a little reading.

https://tnc.news/2021/07/12/six-things-the-media-got-wrong-about-the-graves-found-near-residential-schools/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Is English your second language? I didn't say there hadn't been abuse. I pointed out the recent hysteria was over finding graveyards - even though we knew they were there before anyway.

There was abuse in ALL schools back in the day, especially boarding or residential schools. Abuse by teachers and other staff and abuse by older students. These were the days of 'spare the rod, spoil the child' after all. Corporal punishment didn't get phased out in Canadian schools until the 1970s and even 1980s.

The graves weren't hidden. Everyone knew they were there. Except, apparently, the ignorant, which includes the mass media.

Try a little reading.

https://tnc.news/2021/07/12/six-things-the-media-got-wrong-about-the-graves-found-near-residential-schools/

lol of course right wing media    is the reading you want me to do haha nice try  ..  either way it doesn't matter if  you like it or not the holiday is here to stay so sept 30th every year sit back and enjoy :)

Edited by EastCanada90

4 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol of course right wing media    is the reading you want me to do haha nice try  ..  either way it doesn't matter if  you like it or not the holiday is here to stay so sept 30th every year sit back and enjoy :)

I am.  I’m playing Far Cry 5.

24 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

for the  abuse of past residential schools yes they do.

Yeah, every day is a holiday when you dont work for the man.

What is a “holiday” to someone who lives on the reserve? Does it give them a warm fuzzy feeling? Back to work tomorrow?

If I were native I’d tell you white folks where to stuff that orange shirt. Right where the sun don’t shine. But hey, whatever makes you people sleep better, eh?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

Yes, it IS right wing media. Because you won't read such things in the mainstream media. But the most relevant points are straight from government and school documents on how the deaths occurred.

18 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah, every day is a holiday when you dont work for the man.

What is a “holiday” to someone who lives on the reserve? Does it give them a warm fuzzy feeling? Back to work tomorrow?

If I were native I’d tell you white folks where to stuff that orange shirt. Right where the sun don’t shine. But hey, whatever makes you people sleep better, eh?

if you were.. well you are not. seems like alot of natives  support the holiday so move along bud. also lots of natives have jobs and work  accusing all of them of not working  is just wrong.

Edited by EastCanada90

So let's talk about Shoal Lake reserve #40. This is another thing you won't read about in the mainstream media. Shoal Lake is in Manitoba and has a population of about 300 people. The government built a $30 million dollar road to the reserve recently. Previous to that it was only accessible by ice roads or in the summer by ferry from Shoal Lake #39, which charged them hefty tolls. The federal government spent $100k per person to build the bridge, or about $400,000 per household.

Now they've also spent $33 million for a water filtration plant to please EastCanada90. There is already a water filtration plant at nearby (half a mile) Shoal Lake #39 but the natives refused to share. They also refused the offer to dig individual wells for each house. They knew this government would do whatever they wanted and it gave in just like they expected. This kind of crap is going on in tiny reserves across the country, billions wasted on tiny hamlets where no one works or ever will except for the band council.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Argus said:

So let's talk about Shoal Lake reserve #40. This is another thing you won't read about in the mainstream media. Shoal Lake is in Manitoba and has a population of about 300 people. The government built a $30 million dollar road to the reserve recently. Previous to that it was only accessible by ice roads or in the summer by ferry from Shoal Lake #39, which charged them hefty tolls. The federal government spent $100k per person to build the bridge, or about $400,000 per household.

Now they've also spent $33 million for a water filtration plant to please EastCanada90. There is already a water filtration plant at nearby (half a mile) Shoal Lake #39 but the natives refused to share. They also refused the offer to dig individual wells for each house. They knew this government would do whatever they wanted and it gave in just like they expected. This kind of crap is going on in tiny reserves across the country, billions wasted on tiny hamlets where no one works or ever will except for the band council.

considering we came here and took over most of there lands the least we can do is let them live where they perfer and help pay for equal living   as  us normal white people when it comes to water/housing.

There’s always going to be anti/indigenous racism in Canada like what we’re seeing in this thread but your time is finally up.

Demanding First Nations prove they “deserve” basic human necessities like clean water that are given to white communities without question is racist, full stop.  No white community would ever be denied clean water on the basis that they don’t “deserve” it

The abuses, neglect and science experiments inflicted upon children on residential schools are well documented and a direct cause of of poor living and social conditions today, full stop

Deliberately funding indigenous healthcare and childcare at lower rates than similar non-indigenous services is racist, full stop  

Deliberately withholding life-saving treatment from a hospitalized indigenous child and allowing him to die while we argue amongst ourselves over bureaucratic paperwork and who should pay for the treatment is racist, period  

The government has historically made nearly unlimited amounts of money available for giant pipelines that move oil long distances from the most remote parts of the continent while deciding there’s no money for a small pipeline to move a small amount of clean water a short distance to indigenous communities. That is racist  full stop

The list of horrors and unfair treatment that Canada has inflicted upon indigenous peoples is long and it is in the present not some distant past   

Luckily things are finally  changing and the angry white hate-filled trolls are increasingly a rarity in society and reduced to posting anonymous internet rants  

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

It's not racist to question why people choose to live on unsustainable reserves where they have to be supported by the rest of Canada.  How can they ever become self sustaining and independent if they continue to live there, and how can their children not suffer depression from living in such a place.  

2 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

considering we came here and took over most of there lands the least we can do is let them live where they perfer and help pay for equal living   as  us normal white people when it comes to water/housing.

White people don't live where they want and never have. They live where there are jobs and where they can afford. And if there's no water they dig a well. And if that doesn't work they have to move. No one is going to help them by digging one for them.

And how long are we to keep paying billions for hundreds of thousands of natives to sit around on their asses doing no work? Forever? What's the end game here for you liberals? Do you want us to turn the country over to them and live as serfs? Would that finally assuage your guilt?

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

There’s always going to be anti/indigenous racism in Canada like what we’re seeing in this thread but your time is finally up.

Is that what you see? I see liberal bigots who want to keep natives like dime store Indians, stuck in the past, doing quaint pow-wow dances for your amusement so you can toss pennies to them on your way past. The people on reserves have no meaning in their lives, no reason to live. No jobs or prospect of them. No way to improve or better themselves. And so they drink and do drugs, and get in fights while you sit back and merrily applaud. 

Every imaginable kind of person from all around the world comes to Canada and moves to the cities to live among us but somehow or other you liberal types think natives are some kind of deeply inferior creature that has to be kept isolated out in the woods and can never be integrated. Why is that?

Demanding First Nations prove they “deserve” basic human necessities like clean water that are given to white communities without question is racist, full stop.

It never ceases to amaze me the depths of ignorance I see from the Left. Please do tell me what white communities are 'given' anything without question? A white town pays its taxes, and if it needs a new well, it pays to drill that well. White communities pay for their own water treatment facilities and their own roads. and if they're small and isolated too bloody bad. No one is going to build a road to a 300 person hamlet in the middle of nowhere if it's full of white people.

No white community would ever be denied clean water on the basis that they don’t “deserve” it

White communities pay for their own water.

The abuses, neglect and science experiments inflicted upon children on residential schools are well documented and a direct cause of of poor living and social conditions today, full stop

Bullshit. The abuses were roughly the same as inflicted on children in other schools at the time, especially poor kids, especially in boarding schools or orphanages or reform schools. Science experiments? What ass did you pull that one out of? Are you perhaps thinking of ones performed on white orphans in Quebec - the Duplessis orphans? Cruelty and lack of concern for individuals was widespread back then throughout the country and world.

Deliberately funding indigenous healthcare and childcare at lower rates than similar non-indigenous services is racist, full stop  

No one funds white health care or childcare but themselves. And guess what, if you're in a tiny town you better support yourself or else. How many tiny towns have any medical care within an hour or two drive?

The government has historically made nearly unlimited amounts of money available for giant pipelines that move oil long distances from the most remote parts of the continent

Pipeline companies pay for their own pipelines. Because there's profit in it. Any time the government helps it's in order to get back more than they give.

while deciding there’s no money for a small pipeline to move a small amount of clean water a short distance to indigenous communities. That is racist  full stop

ngry white hate-filled trolls are increasingly a rarity in society and reduced to posting anonymous internet rants  

What you mean is cringing, sniveling self-castrated leftists are desperately giving boatloads of borrowed money to assuage their guilt without a single brain cell wondering who is ever going to pay that money back as the debts mount.

And as they insist on keeping natives out on their isolated reserves the natives drink themselves to death or commit suicide because there' no purpose in their lives and never will be. 

2 hours ago, scribblet said:

It's not racist to question why people choose to live on unsustainable reserves where they have to be supported by the rest of Canada.  How can they ever become self sustaining and independent if they continue to live there, and how can their children not suffer depression from living in such a place.  

Liberals don't care about such things. Their priority is keeping natives on their reservations. Preferably wearing their quaint native costumes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

White people don't live where they want and never have. They live where there are jobs and where they can afford. And if there's no water they dig a well. And if that doesn't work they have to move. No one is going to help them by digging one for them.

And how long are we to keep paying billions for hundreds of thousands of natives to sit around on their asses doing no work? Forever? What's the end game here for you liberals? Do you want us to turn the country over to them and live as serfs? Would that finally assuage your guilt?

drop the racist tone  and grow up its 2021  you act like a man from the 1900s. and Plenty of natives do work jesus.

Edited by EastCanada90

4 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

drop the racist tone  and grow up its 2020  you act like a man from the 1900s. and Plenty of natives do work jesus.

In fact, all I've done is pointed out  the ridiculous cost of keeping so many people on isolated reserves where they're wasting their lives away. I haven't said anything against natives. I like natives ten times more than I like simpering, knowledge-free progressive whiners.

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Argus said:

In fact, all I've done is pointed out  the ridiculous cost of keeping so many people on isolated reserves where they're wasting their lives away. I haven't said anything against natives. I like natives ten times more than I like simpering, knowledge-free progressive whiners.

lol  you like natives  . yea okay sure buddy you done nothing but insult them all day long GTFO  .

9 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol  you like natives  . yea okay sure buddy you done nothing but insult them all day long GTFO  .

Really? Please name the insults.

Seems to me I've mostly insulted the sanctimonious, hand-wringers who are blindly shoveling money onto reserves to assuage their own self-loathing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

You’re shifting the argument now.  The history of the world is about people conquering land.  And normally the conquerors aren’t so generous.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

Really? Please name the insults.

Seems to me I've mostly insulted the sanctimonious, hand-wringers who are blindly shoveling money onto reserves to assuage their own self-loathing.

lol saying they don't work  is one saying no abuse in residential schools another..  why don't you go say these things at one of there demostrations today.. instead of a forum and see what happens to you?  no you won't cause you rather hide behind a screen and say it.