Liberals to open borders to all refugee claimants

Argus

Apparently in their zeal to fill Canada up with impoverished third world people the Liberal government is planning a huge expansion of what constitutes acceptable grounds for becoming a refugee in Canada. Basically, if anyone was ever mean to you, you qualify. Welcome to Canada. The welfare office is over on your left. And you can apply for your free health insurance just to the right. Refugee claimants have doubled under Trudeau. Watch them double again now.

In an email sent to staff and adjudicators on Sept. 20, Richard Wex, the Liberals’ appointee as chairperson and chief executive officer of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, laid out a massive expansion of the reasons immigrants can be allowed to enter and stay in Canada.

Under the new guidelines, contained in a document marked “Draft” and covered by solicitor-client privilege, civil service officers who do an initial screening of immigration and refugee claims, plus the immigration and refugee judges who hear appeals of the officers’ decisions, are instructed to accept any applicant who has an “intersectional” claim.

Intersectionality is defined as two or more of “race, religion, indigeneity, political beliefs, socioeconomic status, age, sexual orientation, culture, disability, or immigration status,” that “impact an individual’s lived experience of discrimination, marginalization or oppression.”

No longer will claimants need to prove, for instance, that they face torture or death if forced to return to their home countries. Nor will they have to satisfy the UN’s definition of a “refugee.”

Now, if they merely claim they have been discriminated against or persecuted for being poor and old, or Indigenous and holding political views targeted by some developing country’s strongman, in the Liberals come.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/gunter-liberals-plan-to-make-immigration-to-canada-much-easier

Well this is what he means by a post-national state. And now Mr. Trudeau has been given another mandate by the Candians. (sic).

Probably wouldnt a happened if US had re-elected Trump. To Biden and the dems, Mr. Trudeau is their man in Ottawa.

... all people you supported during the election, eh Argus?

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

The SUN article conflates immigration and refugee programs, but what's new from the shittiest, laziest, most dishonest mainstream media outlet in Canada.

That said, unlimited refugee claimants is NOT supportable.  Some of this makes sense "Sorry Mr. Gay Afghani but can you PROVE that you would be at risk under the Taliban government ?" but a whole lot of it does not.

So... yay SUN I guess ?  at least for having something substantial to base the article on and doing some original work.  ( Versus the PostMillennial and The Rebel)  I suppose they are earning their generous government handout after all.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The SUN article conflates immigration and refugee programs, but what's new from the shittiest, laziest, most dishonest mainstream media outlet in Canada.

That said, unlimited refugee claimants is NOT supportable.  Some of this makes sense "Sorry Mr. Gay Afghani but can you PROVE that you would be at risk under the Taliban government ?" but a whole lot of it does not.

So... yay SUN I guess ?  at least for having something substantial to base the article on and doing some original work.  ( Versus the PostMillennial and The Rebel)  I suppose they are earning their generous government handout after all.

Yes, well, it's a rare occasion when I use the Sun for a cite, but sometimes they and yes, even the PostMilenial and Rebel cover stories most of the mainstream shies away from because they're self-censoring. 

I suspect that once word gets out, and it will get out quickly, we will see a flood of new applicants from all over the world, including a ton more border crossers.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Yes, well, it's a rare occasion when I use the Sun for a cite, but sometimes they and yes, even the PostMilenial and Rebel cover stories most of the mainstream shies away from because they're self-censoring. 

I suspect that once word gets out, and it will get out quickly, we will see a flood of new applicants from all over the world, including a ton more border crossers.

Does legislation need to be changed first?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Does legislation need to be changed first?

Nope. It is merely expanding the definitions of what the government considers acceptable grounds to be granted asylum here to encompass pretty much anything..

• 3 weeks later...

Canadian liberal politicians embraced multiculturalism back in the 70s under PM Pierre Elliott Trudeau.  But I don't think ordinary Canadians were ever asked about this.  It was just forced on Canadians, much the same way many things have been forced on Canadians without their consent.  This was also done in Australia around the same time ironically.

"Multiculturalism was imposed on Australia. As if any nation would ever vote to kill its own culture. It was a policy that in the 1970s breezily swept aside the normative significance of the still largely British nature of the Australian nation and simply declared that we had no culture but multiculturalism. Australians were never asked whether they were happy for Australian culture to be radically changed over a generation through high levels of non-Anglo-European immigration without an emphasis on assimilation. Young Australians ever since have merely been taught to recite the creed: ‘There is no Australian culture but multiculturalism.’ It became a self-fulfilling prophecy."  The one huge problem with multiculturalism | The Spectator Australia

It is a coincidence that this happened in Australia about the same time as in Canada.  Coincidence or what?

Edited by blackbird

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

It was a policy that in the 1970s breezily swept aside the normative significance of the still largely British nature of the Australian nation and simply declared that we had no culture but multiculturalism.

Many of us believe that multiculturalism is preferable to monoculturalism. If you are looking for a national identity, how about being known as a people that embrace all of our fellow humans. If we are open to other cultures we might find an energy, and humour that enriches our lives. Not all upper lips need to be stiff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dowell said:

Many of us believe that multiculturalism is preferable to monoculturalism. If you are looking for a national identity, how about being known as a people that embrace all of our fellow humans. If we are open to other cultures we might find an energy, and humour that enriches our lives. Not all upper lips need to be stiff.

Leftists and multicultural woke could care less about native, European descendants rights or culture.  Alien cultures and religions don't enrich the lives of the established Judeo-Christian culture in Canada. The lefty activists supporters of third world immigration / cultures constantly complain about racism without giving specific instances and thereby insult people for simply being Caucasian or being of European descent.  We often hear how we are colonials, colonizers, and guilty of genocide and systemic racism.  Politicians exacerbate the differences by constantly harping about systemic racism and pandering to immigrants and smearing everyone else.  Many left/liberal politicians use the issue to exploit the masses for votes by deliberately causing division.

"Global anxieties about immigration are not merely about security and economics. They are also about culture. People are feeling robbed of their cultural security, like someone has come into their home and changed the furnishing and décor without their permission, and then shamed them for daring to speak out.

Most Australians—immigrants included, I believe—don’t give a damn about diversity, they care about immigrants fitting in and making a contribution.

The problem with multiculturalism is that at its heart there is a contradiction, a contradiction that is now playing out in Europe with the rise of anti-immigration movements, and in the UK with the Tommy Robinson movement. Foundational to multiculturalism is the plausible premise that culture matters to personal identity and self-respect. But multiculturalists then advocate the adjustment of pre-existing national cultures to suit the cultural needs of migrant communities so that they don’t feel alienated from the host nation. The problem is that multiculturalism forgets that the pre-existing national culture means something to its citizens too—surprisingly, to multiculturalists at least, it isn’t just cultural minorities who love their culture."  The one huge problem with multiculturalism | The Spectator Australia

"One of the defining features of Multiculturalism is the tenet that all cultures are equally valuable, good, and worthy of respect, if not outright celebration. This in part stems from a hodgepodge of postmodernism (“There are no objective truths”) and moral/cultural relativism (“Who are we to judge the moral and/or cultural precepts of another people?”). For a discussion of these misguided principles, see my earlier posts here and here. A consequence of Multiculturalism is the notion that host nations/cultures should not expect that new immigrants internalize the defining ethos of the host nation. Rather, it is assumed that each cultural group will maintain its distinct identity irrespective of whether its foundational cultural values are contrary to those of the host nation. Lack of integration and assimilation are not necessarily poor outcomes according to Multiculturalism, as such isolationism is viewed as an instantiation of cultural pride." Multiculturalism: A Failed Policy | Psychology Today

The truth is western civilization-culture is deteriorating with the influx of immigrants and illegal migrants from the third world.  Nationalism is shunned in Canada and even Trudeau said Canada is a post-national state.  Canadians have nothing to be proud of in destroying our Judeo-Christian civilization.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 4:01 PM, Argus said:

stories most of the mainstream shies away from because they're self-censoring. 

LOL - "Self-censoring". That's a pretty decent spin on "lying by omission". I can just imagine those words rolling off the lips of Jen Psaki or Trudeau in a cabinet meeting.

Or maybe "The MSM is on 'auto-prop'", as in they automatically generate propaganda. 

The self-censoring, auto-prop media. I like it. It describes them to a tee without using negative words like fake or lying.

Maybe "self-censoring, assiduously brainwashing media" works better - the scabs, or scab media.

Too many choices.

29 minutes ago, RedDog said:

CanaDUH is a rocket sled off the rails, but... this is what OntariOWE, PAYbec and the Lower Mandarin Land want.

Another anti-patriot who refuses to assimilate.

Ontario pays 3X what Alberta does.  Soon Alberta will be a have-not and we will carry you as well.  And you will hear no complaining and nobody from out east saying "they hate us".

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dowell said:

I don't want to sound like the Debby downer but,  We have had massive problems in the past trying to find our national identity, some said Hockey, maple syrup, poutine, still no consensus ... ... many have just gave up on the idea and could not be bother now...with one exception we don't like to be compared to Americans, because for some reason that repulsive to most Canadians. And yet we are so alike in to many ways... But we have not heard of this one we are the people that have embraced all of our fellow humans...and some how it gets stuck in my throat when i say it, like we embraced First Nations, or how we became systemic racist country seemly over night it just came to us like magic, or is it because we are so blended , so blended that most ethic cultures hover around their own kind to be accepted...we got a long way to go before we embrace all of fellow humans other than just for a photo op "key Justin"..

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Another anti-patriot who refuses to assimilate.

Ontario pays 3X what Alberta does.  Soon Alberta will be a have-not and we will carry you as well.  And you will hear no complaining and nobody from out east saying "they hate us".

Nobody buys your shit anymore. You ride on Alberta. You lie.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Nobody buys your shit anymore. You ride on Alberta. You lie.

I don't lie, ad man in a cowboy hat.  Ad men lie.  They did a whole TV show about this.

I don't ride in Alberta in either sense.  It's a beautiful place, wealthy and I have good friends there and from there 

We need more of the third world in this country! Trains not working, substandard projects over budget or never finished, money spent with no result, skyrocketing prices and tuition with automatic annual rises to the rulers regardless of the condition of the country. In this century there are only two directions and the vector is pretty clear.

22 hours ago, blackbird said:

Alien cultures and religions don't enrich the lives of the established Judeo-Christian culture in Canada.

As a Christian you should be following what Jesus said in Matthew 7:12 “ So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” I would have to assume then, that if you came to Canada from a third world country, you would want people here to reject and condemn you for being different. Are not people from other counties also children of the living God, or did they have a different creator? If you assume that Jesus doesn't love those that you do not, maybe your bible is worded different than mine.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dowell said:

As a Christian you should be following what Jesus said in Matthew 7:12 “ So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” I would have to assume then, that if you came to Canada from a third world country, you would want people here to reject and condemn you for being different. Are not people from other counties also children of the living God, or did they have a different creator? If you assume that Jesus doesn't love those that you do not, maybe your bible is worded different than mine.

They only call themselves Christians to keep out Muslims.  Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense.  

My point of view is that the west's character has been eroded by the decline of religion, replaced by the maxim "the customer is always right".  Pompous asses, the lot of them.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

They only call themselves Christians to keep out Muslims.  Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense.  

My point of view is that the west's character has been eroded by the decline of religion, replaced by the maxim "the customer is always right".  Pompous asses, the lot of them.

So true. Faith should bring us together and make us stronger, not divide and destroy.

4 hours ago, Dowell said:

First I never came from a third world country.  Secondly I never said not to love people in the third world.  That doesn't mean we should not have borders and sensible immigration policies.  The interpretation of that verse doesn't mean countries, border and immigration controls should not exist. That verse is speaking about person to person relationships in certain circumstances.  It doesn't mean you have to invite any stranger into your home, which might endanger you and your family.  We must use discernment in relationships as well as in immigration policies so we don't destroy our country.  Bringing people in who don't accept our historic culture but reject it and expect us to accommodate their alien culture don't contribute to harmony and a good outcome.

"8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light."  Ephesians 5:8-13 KJB     Many people from the third world are worshipers of false religion and sadly are not willing to listen to anything else.  In fact nobody can be forced to change their beliefs because they immigrated here.  Multiculturalism says every belief system is equal.  So there you have your answer.  These verse make it clear in that situation.

Edited by blackbird

On 9/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, Argus said:

Basically, if anyone was ever mean to you, you qualify. Welcome to Canada. The welfare office is over on your left. And you can apply for your free health insurance just to the right.

The government has been playing this immigration game for half a century now under all political parties.

With refugees, they no longer ask for language skills, education, relevant work experience, cash in the bank, health condition and a dozen other things, so the applications (if refugees ever fill out applications and present passports) must be easy and quick to process - simply there is no info to be matched or processed.

Wonder who is paying for their airplane tickets? I guess it is us again - we must need them to improve our life standard even further .  (sarc.)

You don't need to blame Trudeau again  - fat Kenney was minister of immigration 15 years ago and he was doing exactly the same thing.