The so-called freedom of speech and rule of law

xul

On 10/3/2021 at 6:58 PM, Aristides said:

Why? You can't really believe NAZI Germany had an independent media. That's even more unbelievable than China having an independent media.

After receiving a $1m check to buy toys for winning The Most Politically Correct Canadian Kindergarten Pupil Award by reciting thousands of political-correct books without one word wrong, Aristides is surrounded by hundreds of sales representatives from all sorts of toy stores to sell their toys.

Overwhelmed by the rhetoric from these sales representatives, Aristides asks Xul for help to choose which toys he should buy.

"Why do you ask me?" Xul is surprised. "I'm just a passerby of the event. We even don't know each other. How could I know what you need?"

"I choose you because you are not one of these sales representatives. You are not even my parents or friends," Aristides replies. "Your opinion matters more to me than all from them since you are independent, according to political-correct books I recited." ?

Independent doesn't mean "telling the truth". Both CNN and FOX are independent from US government, but if you want to lean what President Trump is, you will find quite opposite answers from them.?

Another Example:

The video below shows in 2018, an independent media FOX interviewed an independent columnist Gordon Chang, who was famous for his book The Coming Collapse of China published in 2001. I don't need to post a Chinese state-owned media because everyone know what it says. But regarding the topic of "the Collapse of China", which one was telling the truth?

US-China trade war is easy to win: Gordon Chang

The one flaw of the independent media theory is that there isn't a media which could be truly independent since it is run by men, just like courts which I mentioned in my first post here. 

After all, if audience are just like the The Most Politically Correct Canadian Kindergarten Pupil Award winner in my joke above, only taking in all the BS which the media they trusted most feed them without any independent thinking, they will only be the puppet of the media, regardless dependent or independent, to empower the politicians whom are chosen by the mind f**ker to represent its interests.

In 2004 German film Downfall, Goebbels claimed "Years ago, I conquered Berlin from the Reds...", and he was generally correct. Years prior to the downfall of Nazi, Nazi Party wasn't the ruling party of Germany, Goebbels' media was independent from the government of Germany then, and Hitler was indeed to be empowered by Germany voters who were under influence of Goebbels' mind manipulating skills..... 

Edited by xul

On 10/3/2021 at 7:50 PM, Aristides said:

Canada was handcuffed unless the US either dropped the extradition request or made a plea agreement with Meng, which is what happened. The Micheals were obviously part of an agreement between the US and China. Meng gets a slap on the wrist and the Micheals come home.

So Canadian PM flew to US many times, begging Master Trump and Master Bidden to use Meng as leverage aka hostage in exchange of Michaels release??

If he truly believed in rule of law, he should tell Uncle Sam "It's ok to Canada if you drop the charges against Meng according to your law. We will negotiate with China on Michaels release independently since according to our laws and your laws, the two cases are independent...." ?

On 10/6/2021 at 5:22 PM, WestCanMan said:

Maybe you're blocked because of things that you posted previously? 

I have posted hundreds maybe thousands of comments on YouTube, only a few times comments were deleted. Most likely they were deleted by YouTube channel owners themselves rather than YouTube content censorship. For example, years ago I watched a video on YouTube in which the poster compared different brands of Ni-MH batteries on Market and told his audience which brand was better. I found his testing method was wrong since he didn't understand that there were 2 kinds of Ni-MH batteries on market: one has higher capacity and another holds charges longer. I just post a comment saying he should not only using capacity to judge which battery is better since if someone wants to use these batteries on his TV remote or fire alarm, the later one(which usually can hold charges for years) is better than the one which has higher capacity buy only holds charges for months. The comments disappeared within a minute. I suppose it was unwelcome by the channel owner since it might make him less "professional" and would negatively affect his channel's subscription rates. 

I don't comment under Canadian media news channels often since the comment function usually is disabled by these channels so audience have no way to comment.....??

1 hour ago, xul said:

I don't comment under Canadian media news channels often since the comment function usually is disabled by these channels so audience have no way to comment.....??

Our news channels are filth. It's a mixture of lies, deception, innuendo and the omission of critical facts to create a false narrative.

Ironically, CTV calls foreign news outlets like Xinhua 'propagandists', but CTV isn't even 1% better.

Xinhua has actually skewered our fake news here to hilarious effect in the past couple of years.

In one instance, little boy Trudeau got on his soapbox and told the Chinese gov't that "The Canadian government can't intervene on behalf of Meng Wanzhou because it doesn't interfere in judicial matters!". Xinhua threw the SNC debacle back in his face, and while it's more of an indictment of the golden biotch than our news channels, the sad thing is that our own news media was equally exposed for not pointing out Trudeau's obvious lie. In fact, they actually ran cover for the SNC scandal.

I forgot what Xinhua's other zinger was, but I obviously don't read their reporting myself, and I imagine that there are many. How could there not be? Our media is a joke.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:07 AM, xul said:

I have posted hundreds maybe thousands of comments on YouTube, only a few times comments were deleted. Most likely they were deleted by YouTube channel owners themselves rather than YouTube content censorship. For example, years ago I watched a video on YouTube in which the poster compared different brands of Ni-MH batteries on Market and told his audience which brand was better. I found his testing method was wrong since he didn't understand that there were 2 kinds of Ni-MH batteries on market: one has higher capacity and another holds charges longer. I just post a comment saying he should not only using capacity to judge which battery is better since if someone wants to use these batteries on his TV remote or fire alarm, the later one(which usually can hold charges for years) is better than the one which has higher capacity buy only holds charges for months. The comments disappeared within a minute. I suppose it was unwelcome by the channel owner since it might make him less "professional" and would negatively affect his channel's subscription rates. 

You tube has a terrible reputation for deleting anything politically incorrect.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:19 PM, WestCanMan said:

Our news channels are filth. It's a mixture of lies, deception, innuendo and the omission of critical facts to create a false narrative.

Ironically, CTV calls foreign news outlets like Xinhua 'propagandists', but CTV isn't even 1% better.

Xinhua has actually skewered our fake news here to hilarious effect in the past couple of years.

In one instance, little boy Trudeau got on his soapbox and told the Chinese gov't that "The Canadian government can't intervene on behalf of Meng Wanzhou because it doesn't interfere in judicial matters!". Xinhua threw the SNC debacle back in his face, and while it's more of an indictment of the golden biotch than our news channels, the sad thing is that our own news media was equally exposed for not pointing out Trudeau's obvious lie. In fact, they actually ran cover for the SNC scandal.

I forgot what Xinhua's other zinger was, but I obviously don't read their reporting myself, and I imagine that there are many. How could there not be? Our media is a joke.

And they are all just counterfeits of one another.  What's the difference really between watching CTV, Global or CBC.  May as well merge them all.