Prospects in Canadian federal politics

myata

1. Conservative party has to adopt proportional representation system and officially add it in their program.

2. Conservatives and PPC should negotiate and conclude an election pact to avoid splitting the vote.

3. They can negotiate an agreement with other interested parties: NDP, BQ, Greens for introduction of proportional system by the next Conservative government, majority or minority.

Otherwise, there may not be any reasonable prospects.

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

The problem is simply 2 out of 3 Canadians are left wing loonies.  There is no getting around that so 34% is pretty much the top for any conservative party.  I would have really loved to shiny pony in the unemployment line.  Oh well.

Do you think everyone who is “left leaning” is actually a looney?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think everyone who is “left leaning” is actually a looney?

Is this a trick question ? Do you think the greens platform is based in reality or good for the country? , do you agree that the NDP platform that will cost an addition 238 bil to implement is that platform based in reality or is good for the nation at this time ?  ... Then there is Justins liberals, which yes we all know is not looney but lacking in character, moral /values. 

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Is this a trick question ? Do you think the greens platform is based in reality or good for the country? , do you agree that the NDP platform that will cost an addition 238 bil to implement is that platform based in reality or is good for the nation at this time ?  ... Then there is Justins liberals, which yes we all know is not looney but lacking in character, moral /values. 

Maybe we have different definitions of “looney”.   I would think the term looney tends to refer to someone who can’t use logic and reason to form their opinions.  It was stated that 2/3 Canadians are “looney”.

Do you think that’s a fair generalization?

Or are you defining “looney” as anyone who is not of your political stripe?  In that case, I would agree with you…. 2/3 Canadians are not of your political stripe, and are thus “looney” as you define it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Maybe we have different definitions of “looney”.   I would think the term looney tends to refer to someone who can’t use logic and reason to form their opinions.  It was stated that 2/3 Canadians are “looney”.

Or are you defining “looney” as anyone who is not of your political stripe?  In that case, I would agree with you…. 2/3 Canadians are not of your political stripe, and are thus “looney” as you define it.

Yes!  2/3rds of Canadians can't think for themselves.  They gobble up the news without any attempt at applying logic or their own skepticism.  They vote the way their Dad did.  Or how their friends tell them to vote.

58 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I like your first definition, perhaps you can explain to me how anyone can look at the green platform and tell me it is realistic and will not drastically effect our current economy. 

The NDP platform is planning to expand on our already historical debt by adding 268 billion to would you say that was logical or reasonable in todays terms.

The liberals sorry i can not fathom electing a guy several times over, that constantly lies, many ethical breaches, scandal after scandal, a person who throws people under the bus to deflect scandal or image problems... Sorry but this is the man who represents our country across the globe, we don't have very high standards for leadership, nor do liberal voters seem to much faith into honesty, integrity, loyalty to the country not the party. So to answer your question yes there loony/ 

Don't get me wrong there has been loony conservatives as well it is not limited to the liberal party... we as voters should be calling them out all the time, MAD MAX is one of those. who is now just chasing a dream at the cost of those traits i already discussed. 

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Yes!  2/3rds of Canadians can't think for themselves.  They gobble up the news without any attempt at applying logic or their own skepticism.  They vote the way their Dad did.  Or how their friends tell them to vote.

If the vast majority of Canadians hold a different opinion than you, could it possibly be you that has the issue?  

Is it just a small percentage of the people who know the real truth and the rest are just “loonies” and sheep?

55 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I like your first definition, perhaps you can explain to me how anyone can look at the green platform and tell me it is realistic and will not drastically effect our current economy. 

The NDP platform is planning to expand on our already historical debt by adding 268 billion to would you say that was logical or reasonable in todays terms.

The liberals sorry i can not fathom electing a guy several times over, that constantly lies, many ethical breaches, scandal after scandal, a person who throws people under the bus to deflect scandal or image problems... Sorry but this is the man who represents our country across the globe, we don't have very high standards for leadership, nor do liberal voters seem to much faith into honesty, integrity, loyalty to the country not the party. So to answer your question yes there loony/ 

Don't get me wrong there has been loony conservatives as well it is not limited to the liberal party... we as voters should be calling them out all the time, MAD MAX is one of those. who is now just chasing a dream at the cost of those traits i already discussed. 

So 2/3 people are loony but you hold the truth?  

Hmmm….  

Do you find yourself on the fringes of public opinion a lot?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is what i said yes they are bat shit loony.... perhaps you can explain to me how the green or NDP platforms are good all round platforms for the nation. And then tell me how following a man that constantly lies to Canadians, has set records breaking ethics rules, scandal after scandal , throwing his fellow party members under the bus to deflect any harm to his image , tell me how those people have good morals and values...perhaps you can explain why liberals follow Justin ? 

If you think my opinion is on the fringes of public opinion  your free to do so, much as i have said that 2/3 of Canadians are bat shit loony ...

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

tell me how following a man that constantly lies to Canadians, has set records breaking ethics rules, scandal after scandal , throwing his fellow party members under the bus to deflect any harm to his image , tell me how those people have good morals and values...perhaps you can explain why liberals follow Justin ? 

Uh, you just described William Lyon (Rex) MacKenzie King, the most successful Prime Minister in history. He served as Prime Minister longer than any Prime Minister in the history of the British Empire. 

Canadians are weak and mostly lazy, mostly in central and eastern CanaDUH. it wasn’t always this way. The focus seems to be centred on goodies, perks and corruption about what they can get out of it rather than put into it. You can identify an Eastern import here in an instant they open their mouth. They stand out like sore thumbs and don’t “fit”.

Ive thought much of my adult life that this is really five or six countries pretending to be one. It doesn’t work and would have collapsed long ago without money extorted from you know where by colonialists in central CanaDUH.

There are many places in the world, even in our times who’ve faced reality and come to their senses. Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, etc.

1 minute ago, RedDog said:

Canadians are weak and mostly lazy, mostly in central and eastern CanaDUH. it wasn’t always this way. The focus seems to be centred on goodies, perks and corruption about what they can get out of it rather than put into it. You can identify an Eastern import here in an instant they open their mouth. They stand out like sore thumbs and don’t “fit”.

Ive thought much of my adult life that this is really five or six countries pretending to be one. It doesn’t work and would have collapsed long ago without money extorted from you know where by colonialists in central CanaDUH.

There are many places in the world, even in our times who’ve faced reality and come to their senses. Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, etc.

lots of eastern canadian   fit in fine out west and are hard workers you  sir are an A hole..  no wonder the east doesnt suport the west  and vote with them when getting attacked by people like you

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedDog said:

1. Canadians are weak and mostly lazy, mostly in central and eastern CanaDUH.

2.  The focus seems to be centred on goodies...

3. You can identify an Eastern import here in an instant they open their mouth. They stand out like sore thumbs and don’t “fit”.

4. It doesn’t work and would have collapsed long ago without money extorted from you know where by colonialists in central CanaDUH.

5. There are many places in the world, even in our times who’ve faced reality and come to their senses. Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, etc.

1.  Nice.  Your prejudice about Eastern Canadians seems to be the basis for your political views.  It really doesn't give us much to work with, sorry.
2. You mean goodies like government subsidies for oil and gas ?  Pipelines purchased by Federal and Provincial governments ?  
3. Don't "fit"...  Sorry but politics involves discussion and exchange of ideas.  Sorry if the idiots back east have this dumb idea, we should just listen to your words I guess...
4. Your ideas are Marxism, modified to put Eastern Canada as the capitalists.  Do better.
5. Simplified political theory for simpletons.  We get the same from the Left when they compare Harper, Scheer, O'Toole to Hitler.

Why exactly are you on a message board if you think there are so many morons on it ?

You worked in advertising by your own admission which means you took advantage of idiots your whole career I guess...

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, Faramir said:

The problem is simply 2 out of 3 Canadians are left wing loonies.  There is no getting around that so 34% is pretty much the top for any conservative party.  I would have really loved to shiny pony in the unemployment line.  Oh well.

Proportional system would provide sufficient ground for a conservative coalition of several parties. The current system is simply incapable of representing complex and diverse society.

5 hours ago, RedDog said:

Hi RedDog I remember you from defunct Free Dominion days :)

The lack of initiative makes it unlikely Canada will ever break apart,,,for ill or good

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Nice.  Your prejudice about Eastern Canadians seems to be the basis for your political views.  It really doesn't give us much to work with, sorry.
2. You mean goodies like government subsidies for oil and gas ?  Pipelines purchased by Federal and Provincial governments ?  
3. Don't "fit"...  Sorry but politics involves discussion and exchange of ideas.  Sorry if the idiots back east have this dumb idea, we should just listen to your words I guess...
4. Your ideas are Marxism, modified to put Eastern Canada as the capitalists.  Do better.
5. Simplified political theory for simpletons.  We get the same from the Left when they compare Harper, Scheer, O'Toole to Hitler.

Why exactly are you on a message board if you think there are so many morons on it ?

You worked in advertising by your own admission which means you took advantage of idiots your whole career I guess...

So where are you if not on the left?  I agree we are looking at it all too simply by making it a regional thing.  The reality is more specifically urban centers vs the rest of the nation.  And the real issue, IMVHO, here the USA and the world, is IDEOLOGY.  Not class.  Not race.  Not region.  We saw this in California, where there was an opportunity for liberal California to select an African American to replace Newsom.  You think just be reflexive virtue signaling they would have done that.  But IDEOLOGY is King, and despite the failures and corruption of Newsom, they kept their man.

1 hour ago, myata said:

Proportional system would provide sufficient ground for a conservative coalition of several parties. The current system is simply incapable of representing complex and diverse society.

No we as conservative benefit from the first past the post system where four leftist parties split the vote.  A PS would doom us as 60% or so would select liberal representation.

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

So where are you if not on the left?  I agree we are looking at it all too simply by making it a regional thing.  The reality is more specifically urban centers vs the rest of the nation.  And the real issue, IMVHO, here the USA and the world, is IDEOLOGY.  Not class.  Not race.  Not region.  We saw this in California, where there was an opportunity for liberal California to select an African American to replace Newsom.  You think just by reflexive virtue signaling they would have done that.  But IDEOLOGY is King, and despite the failures and corruption of Newsom, they kept their man.

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Uh, you just described William Lyon (Rex) MacKenzie King, the most successful Prime Minister in history. He served as Prime Minister longer than any Prime Minister in the history of the British Empire. 

Here is what i don't understand, This behavior is not tolerated any where else, any other work place, or at home, nor is it reflected in most Canadian morals and values, So why do we tolerate it in our government , which all the members should be setting the example while doing their jobs and while on their time off as well. We just sent a general packing because of an unproven allegation , because it is not the behavior a General should be setting, and yet Justin had allegations brought up against him and the whole story is buried.