Plugging My Nose and Watching Canadian News Today

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

The election was rigged. It just has to be because nobody that I have ever spoken to liked that "underwear stain" arse hole at all. They all wanted the commie out. That 28% are a bunch of insane screwballs. They all need to be committed. ?

No Canadians just suck is all.  ALTHOUGH I don't like all the mail in voting.  How secure is it.  No one said voting had to be easy.  

46 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

come on watch some CBC  i been watching it all day.. its  a GOOD  DAY to be canadian :)

Yup, it has to be a great day for communists like you, eh comrade easterner. CBC sucks big time and so do you. Just saying. LOL. There is nothing to be proud about being Canadian anymore unless you are a communist or by saying that you are proud to be communist Canadian. What is so proud for anyone to say that they are proud to be Canadian today? 

So what makes you so proud to be Canadian today? I would really like to know, comrade? 

Only the communists can be proud that their communist hero leader Castro Trudeau is once again back in power and communism will be the agenda and goal of the day for Canada. It's a sad and bad day for Canada today. ?

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Yup, it has to be a great day for communists like you, eh comrade easterner. CBC sucks big time and so do you. Just saying. LOL. There is nothing to be proud about being Canadian anymore unless you are a communist or by saying that you are proud to be communist Canadian. What is so proud for anyone to say that they are proud to be Canadian today? 

So what makes you so proud to be Canadian today? I would really like to know, comrade? 

Only the communists can be proud that their communist hero leader Castro Trudeau is once again back in power and communism will be the agenda and goal of the day for Canada. It's a sad and bad day for Canada today. ?

damn you dont handle losing very well do you Kiddo? its a great day to be canadian weather we under liberal or cons.. could be much worse try the middle east or china/russia.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I quit FOX news because they are meandered left and their unfair criticism of Trump.

Still, FOX NEWS is a lot better to listen to than the rest of those leftist liberal pro democrat news lying outlets like CNN and MSNBC. Those two liars have been caught many times lying about the Republicans and Trump thousands of times by FOX NEWS. They are all liars and nothing more. Only buffoons and idiots will listen to those media communists. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Still, FOX NEWS is a lot better to listen to than the rest of those leftist liberal pro democrat news lying outlets like CNN and MSNBC. Those two liars have been caught many times lying about the Republicans and Trump thousands of times by FOX NEWS. They are all liars and nothing more. Only buffoons and idiots will listen to those media communists. ?

I use to just note the CNN headlines then one day I decided to read an actual CNN article.  OMG, it was chalk full of lies and exaggerations. 

• Like 1

Just now, EastCanada90 said:

damn you dont handle losing very well do you Kiddo? its a great day to be canadian weather we under liberal or cons.. could be much worse try the middle east or china/russia.

Islamic dictatorships or communist dictatorships? No thanks to either one. Given what you're posting in this forum it seems the Atlantic provinces aren't spending enough of those equalization payments in the education system.

Think I'll take a break and tune in to FOX News?

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

Islamic dictatorships or communist dictatorships? No thanks to either one. Given what you're posting in this forum it seems the Atlantic provinces aren't spending enough of those equalization payments in the education system.

Most easterners are brain dead. They will always vote for the liberals or the NDP communists. They all love communism and that is why they keep voting for the liberal communists. A sad bunch of commie buffoons and idiots indeed. ?

6 minutes ago, ironstone said:

go for it lol watching fox news says alot more for your poor education then mine LOL.

51 minutes ago, taxme said:

Most easterners are brain dead. They will always vote for the liberals or the NDP communists. They all love communism and that is why they keep voting for the liberal communists. A sad bunch of commie buffoons and idiots indeed. ?

I think we need to get past blaming regions. After all urban BC voted Liberal and NDP.  It's really a divide between urban areas and the rest of the country.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, WestCanMan said:

What channel do you guys watch Canadian 'news' on? 

I just found out that CPAC is Canadian news but I've never watched it before. Is it as bad as CTV, CBC and Global? 

Do you think Canadians, in general, tend more “conservative” or “liberal” on the political spectrum?  (Note the small ‘L’ and small ‘C’)

22 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think Canadians, in general, tend more “conservative” or “liberal” on the political spectrum?  (Note the small ‘L’ and small ‘C’)

OMG, liberal for sure.  2 in 3 are liberal nationwide.  The other 1 are conservatives many which have some left wing tendencies.  The extremes are 80% liberal in Quebec, and 50% conservative in Alberta.  Canada is NOT the United States, which I put at 30% conservative, 35% liberal and 35% moderate. 

5 minutes ago, Faramir said:

OMG, liberal for sure.  2 in 3 are liberal nationwide.  The other 1 are conservatives many which have some left wing tendencies.  The extremes are 80% liberal in Quebec, and 50% conservative in Alberta.  Canada is NOT the United States, which I put at 30% conservative, 35% liberal and 35% moderate. 

Why is it surprising then that more of the media would tend towards the general population?  

Why would they cater to people who are a small demographic of the Canadian population?

Edited to add further:

Why would they change who they are to appease a portion of the population of a different political bent?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Why is it surprising then that more of the media would tend towards the general population?  

Why would they cater to people who are a small demographic of the Canadian population?

Edited to add further:

Why would they change who they are to appease a portion of the population of a different political bent?

Because the media at least was a trusted institution.  They are to remain skeptical and balanced in their reporting, which they clearly are not.  So it really is a symptom of leftism in general, where we are to trust our betters and never question so called experts – which the media like to pretend they are.  So yes, in one way you are correct.  That is why Sun News failed.  But perhaps the population’s political bent is a result of the media?  Canadians are like sheep to the slaughter, because unlike the USA, we actually trust our media at about 70% or so.  For instance when has the media EVER shown skepticism to the outlandish claims of the global warming cult?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Because the media at least was a trusted institution.  They are to remain skeptical and balanced in their reporting, which they clearly are not.  So it really is a symptom of leftism in general, where we are to trust our betters and never question so called experts – which the media like to pretend they are.  So yes, in one way you are correct.  That is why Sun News failed.  But perhaps the population’s political bent is a result of the media?  Canadians are like sheep to the slaughter, because unlike the USA, we actually trust our media at about 70% or so.  For instance when has the media EVER shown skepticism to the outlandish claims of the global warming cult?

So because the media believes the scientific consensus regarding climate change, you think they can’t be trusted?

Do you think the same way over the media belief that the world is an oblate sphere and not flat? 

Do you believe the scientific consensus on the shape of the Earth?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Canadians are on the libertarian left by nature, even the conservatives, but our government is on the authoritarian far-left: our PM doesn't allow anyone from his cabinet to vote with their own conscience or on behalf of their own constituents, he exerts undue control over the police and judicial branch, he has paid off our alt-left media with billions of taxpayer dollars and he doesn't answer to anyone or tell them where the money went, they're regulating social media, the government is restricting the freedoms of Canadians in several areas now, our PM has given tacit support to Anti-Semitism and he does not believe in freedom of the press. 

His own Liberal MPs have left the party citing his authoritarian control as their main reason. You remember - all of those bitches who got punted for not doing exactly what they were told. 

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So because the media believes the scientific consensus regarding climate change, you think they can’t be trusted?

"Scientific consensus" is like a Porsche. If you have enough money, or in this case "control of the media" it's yours. 

Right now the state-controlled media allows leftist politicians to say what scientific consensus is. It's no longer a thing when dissension is rigidly disciplined.

On covid the scientific consensus used to be "Don't block travel from infected countries because that's racist", now it's "Trudeau is dreamy because he blocks flights from paces with the Delta variant!".

Scientific consensus is "Pharmaceuticals don't work, anyone who uses them is an idiot. The Vaccines are the only way!!!!! But now we are taking total control of the pharmaceuticals." 

Scientific consensus was "HCQ kills everyone, but the vaccines will be perfectly safe" and to this day the media protects the reputation of the vaccines while overstating the deadliness of the virus. 

Scientific consensus is another word for propaganda.

Do you think the same way over the media belief that the world is an oblate sphere and not flat? 

Do you believe the scientific consensus on the shape of the Earth?

Did you know that scientific consensus used to be that the earth was the center of the universe? 

What's your point TB? Science is owned, not respected. 

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Edited to add further:

The media isn't supposed to "tend towards anything" but the truth.

Why would they cater to an ethically challenged PM? Is protecting Trudeau somehow supposed to be for the betterment of society? 

Why should the media "appease" anyone? Seriously, answer that question dude.

Do you think that people would be doing you a favour if you were so obese that you were having serious health issues and your friends were telling you that 'you're perfect'? Would it be cool if your doctor told you to keep eating and sitting on the couch, and just get a bunch of expensive prescriptions? 

You have no clue how things need to be in order for us to have a healthy democracy dude. Our PM gives out billions of dollars to select media outlets, blacklists others, and regulates social media. The fact that you're defending it isn't cool at all.

What you're basically saying is "I like the way the media controls the information that I receive. It's really awesome that they skew every story to create a false narrative that I enjoy".

Give your fuckin head a shake bro. We're not freaks for wanting to hear the truth ffs.

Was your takeaway from everything that I said just "you used the word bitches"? LMAO. 

The PM threw strong, upstanding women under the bus for doing exactly what they were elected to do. 

To Canadians they were heroic, to Justin Trudeau they were worthless bitches. 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

You're accepting the media version of what 'liberal' and 'conservative' mean. It's bullshit and propaganda.

Conservatives aren't white supremacist terrorists, and anyone who tells you that is a brainwashed dolt.  

Liberals aren't "progressive", they're virtue-signalling dipshits who think that killing babies is awesome and not taking a dangerous vaccine that doesn't seem to be doing what it was promised to do is a crime. 

The LGBTQ community, which is made up entirely of people who deserve the right to be treated fairly, have a completely retarded policy of excluding police from their parades. Yep, the same police that protect them and their rights every day are treated like shit because the leaders of the LGBTQ community are complete fucktards.  IE - the 'most liberal of liberal communities' is a bunch of small, stupid, hateful people.

Quebecers aren't "80% liberal" if by 'liberal' you mean 'libertarian' or 'humanitarian', their language protections are discriminatory and highly bigoted. If Alberta passed similar laws protecting English leftists would f.r.e.a.k  o.u.t.

Edited by WestCanMan

23 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Was your takeaway from everything that I said just "you used the word bitches"? LMAO. 

The PM threw strong, upstanding women under the bus for doing exactly what they were elected to do. 

To Canadians they were heroic, to Justin Trudeau they were worthless bitches. 

So strong upstanding women?  Hmmm…. Are you just saying that because they’re on the outs with the Liberal Party?

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

"Scientific consensus" is like a Porsche. If you have enough money, or in this case "control of the media" it's yours. 

Right now the state-controlled media allows leftist politicians to say what scientific consensus is. It's no longer a thing when dissension is rigidly disciplined.

On covid the scientific consensus used to be "Don't block travel from infected countries because that's racist", now it's "Trudeau is dreamy because he blocks flights from paces with the Delta variant!".

Scientific consensus is "Pharmaceuticals don't work, anyone who uses them is an idiot. The Vaccines are the only way!!!!! But now we are taking total control of the pharmaceuticals." 

Scientific consensus was "HCQ kills everyone, but the vaccines will be perfectly safe" and to this day the media protects the reputation of the vaccines while overstating the deadliness of the virus. 

Scientific consensus is another word for propaganda.

Did you know that scientific consensus used to be that the earth was the center of the universe? 

What's your point TB? Science is owned, not respected. 

Where is this “climate change” money coming from?  

Oil companies are the wealthiest corporations on the planet.

5 of them in the top 20.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_companies_by_revenue

So, by your logic, wouldn’t that mean the science should be pro-oil, if it is only about money?

Do you think there was a gravity lobby too?  And once the alternative gravity theory people can get some coin together, we’ll all be told a different theory?

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So strong upstanding women?  Hmmm…. Are you just saying that because they’re on the outs with the Liberal Party?

I'm saying that because they were strong enough to put Canadian democracy ahead of their own political aspirations. I thought that was pretty clear.