From a scientific perspective, can one be resurrected from the dead?

Jeshan

48 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Is it possible that I do believe this, but that I don’t see much evidence for NDEs being some sort of message from God?

On 10/14/2021 at 8:50 PM, Dowell said:

The bible doesn’t say that NDEs, are a message from a christian God, neither does the study that I referenced.

NDEs are not a message from God. Messages from God come from Jesus, and the prophets. NDEs are personal experiences, and when studied, they seem to be more consistent with what Jesus and the prophets said than any scientific explanation. 

1 hour ago, Dowell said:

NDEs are not a message from God. Messages from God come from Jesus, and the prophets. NDEs are personal experiences, and when studied, they seem to be more consistent with what Jesus and the prophets said than any scientific explanation. 

Hume said “reject the greater miracle”.   

What is the greater miracle here….  These are some sort of supernatural experience from God?  Or they are an unexplained natural phenomenon emerging from an oxygen starved brain?

42 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Hume said “reject the greater miracle”.   

What is the greater miracle here….  These are some sort of supernatural experience from God?  Or they are an unexplained natural phenomenon emerging from an oxygen starved brain?

Jeffrey Long, MD, is a radiation oncologist in Houma, Louisiana and a recognized world expert on near-death experiences. Dr. Long established the nonprofit Near Death Experience Research Foundation and a website forum (www.nderf.org) for people to share their NDEs

Near-death experiences often occur in association with cardiac arrest. Prior studies found that 10–20 seconds following cardiac arrest, C generally find no significant measureable brain cortical electrical activity. A prolonged, detailed, lucid experience following cardiac arrest should not be possible, yet this is reported in many NDEs. This is especially notable given the prolonged period of amnesia that typically precedes and follows recovery from cardiac arrest.

Dr. long thinks that it should not be possible for a brain with no no significant measureable brain cortical electrical activity to produce a prolonged, detailed, lucid experience, you think it is. We will have to leave it at that.

20 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

How do we tell what the explanation is?

Goof question! I mean, good. There's no way to tell for sure until you die. And even then you'll only know for sure if you still exist. But if there's nothin, you won't know about it anyway, so either way I'm like, wtf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

I find the same level of evidence for the pixies as I have seen for a god to be responsible for NDEs.

Do you have actual evidence for god-made NDEs?

II am not telling you what to believe. I am telling you what I believe. It doesn't need to be the same thing.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, blackbird said:

The accounts in the Bible such as the resurrection of Christ were supernatural events.  With God nothing is impossible.

All religious liars say the same.

Do unto others allows others to hide behind some supernatural shield as well and say as many unfounded lies as you do.

The ancients and more intelligent and astute, before supernatural belief brought in the Dark Ages most religionists did not have to lie.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot

On 9/19/2021 at 9:03 AM, OftenWrong said:

if you need a place to forgive and give up your guilt, there is a way. 

Building dependence on another weakens, especially when it is a false guilt in the first place.

Further, it is immoral to offer to be, or accept to accept a messiah.

All moral people know this.

Abdication of responsibility is not what Jesus taught.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Regards

DL

On 9/18/2021 at 8:37 PM, Jeshan said:

Can quantum physics prove the resurrection of Christ? Relativity, quantum physics, etc? 

Time travel is only possible into the future and I think this negates the possibility of documenting the event.

Given that the myth that the Jews used for the messiah, --- who was to return and led his people after 3 days, --- Jesus failed to hit the mark.

His suicide, was wasted.

Regards

DL

3 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Building dependence on another weakens, especially when it is a false guilt in the first place.

Further, it is immoral to offer to be, or accept to accept a messiah.

All moral people know this.

Abdication of responsibility is not what Jesus taught.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Regards

DL

It is easy to talk about and criticize weakness when you are in a position of strength.

Such philosophizing can only come about when one has time on their hands,

unlike the poor and sick who toil and suffer, their problems are more fundamental. So, they don't have time to ponder over such esoteric musings.

Or, like my pappy used to say,

"Idle hands are the devil's playground."

While honest hard work changes your way of thinking, and being.

So, having a job is good.

Jesus liberated mankind from the yoke of OT oppression. He taught that we can do away with all those rules, and make a new covenant. A new deal.

Jesus yelled at the scribes and pharisees. Sounds ok to me. He kicked out the moneychangers. Sure wish I could do that.

Plus he was a nice guy. He taught others to be nice. I don't have a problem with that. The world needs more nice people.

7 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Do unto others allows others to hide

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is not about hiding. It is living how Jesus showed us how to live, and how His word told us is the path to salvation. Following His way Lets us walk in the light.

John 8:12  When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Those who don't follow His way hide in the darkness.

John 3:20  Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

What would your pappy have said about 7k+ posts on an Internet forum?

He’d be mighty proud. It’s not about the number, but the impeccable quality! ;) 

Besides, I only do it on my coffee breaks! 

Edited by OftenWrong

56 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

The issue was hiding behind a supernatural shield, which opens the door, reciprocity wise, for others to hide behind a supernatural shield when they cannot argue their points.

That is why supernatural thinking is foolish thinking, if believed to be real.

That is not it at all. When man chose to know good and evil it, it became necessary for God to separate those who choose good from those who choose evil. Do unto others is the means of sorting. Disobedience caused a rift between man and God, Jesus is the bridge that brings the redeemed  back. 

On 10/20/2021 at 6:08 PM, TreeBeard said:

Again…. We don’t know, therefore God?

Maybe even what we know, we don’t really know. Maybe we just think we do. 

Maybe if we look really closely we’ll find out, we are always wrong.

Maybe it’s just because we measured it, that it became a value.

Maybe it’s just a model. Maybe an approximation.

Maybe we can use a map. Maybe cartesian coordinates.

Maybe go by Polaris.

Maybe use GPS.

Maybe change the clocks on new year’s.

Maybe it’s relativity. Maybe it’s gravity waves. Maybe supernova. Maybe black holes. Maybe Dark matter! Dark Energy! 

M theory!

21 hours ago, Dowell said:

That is not it at all. When man chose to know good and evil it, it became necessary for God to separate those who choose good from those who choose evil. Do unto others is the means of sorting. Disobedience caused a rift between man and God, Jesus is the bridge that brings the redeemed  back. 

You immoral scapegoat riders go directly against what Jesus taught and you do not care. 

Care to revue your immoral ways of thinking?

I did not think so, loser.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

You think That God can not forgive and redeem His  children, you  are wrong.

You think that you are the boss, you are wrong.

You think that you have some kind of creibility, you are wrong.

Strike 3, you are out.