Enough is enough. Ban protests outside hospitals.

9 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

As of July 2021, the United States had the highest number of incarcerated individuals worldwide, with almost 2.1 million people in prison. The U.S. was followed by China, Brazil, India, and the Russian Federation.

Seems that prison is not working.  

The purpose of the prison system is to protect society from criminals, not protect criminals from society.  Rehabilitation is not the primary purpose.  Some cannot be rehabilitated.  Canada deliberately allows dangerous offenders to go free.  It is their Charter Rights to be out even if it is obvious they will likely re-offend.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Vaxxing people under 50 helps with Herd Immunity. And you do reduce your level of contagiousness.  

No, it does not do that at all. Fauci said that the viral load in the nasal pharynx is basically the same as in an unvaccinated person. I saw it on tv. Here's a similar comment by him:

The fact that you have a high level of virus in the nasal pharynx of an infected person who has a breakthrough, namely was vaccinated but had a breakthrough infection, and is now capable of transmitting that infection to an uninfected person, that is the thing that is a bit alarming in the sense of triggering the change in the guidelines that the CDC...

And Death isn't the only negative outcome. Long-Haul COVID is something many are dealing with. 

Again, not a thing in 12-30 yr olds. 

Getting vaccinated is a perfectly safe thing to do.

Bullshit. Lots of people have died from vaxxing.

A 13 yr-old in Detroit died with a swollen heart just 3 days after getting the 2nd dose. There was fluid in the pericardium, just like from the vaccination symptoms that happen in thousands of young men and boys. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2021/07/02/jacob-clynick-pfizer-covid-vaccine/5323095001/

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/michigan-boy-dies-in-his-sleep-three-days-after-getting-vaccine/

They're not blaming the vaccine of course, the death is under investigation just like every other likely vaxx death, but there's no alternate explanation that's even offered. 

It's an absolute lie to say that getting this vaccination is a perfectly safe thing to do.

It's only a challenge to POS Anti-Vaxxers who have been lied to by people who probably got vaccinated themselves.

Not trusting the vaccine is a perfectly sane choice for people who have nothing to fear from covid. 

65% of the people who died from covid here are over 80, and that's only 5% of our population. The avg age of people who died of covid here is 84. 

Only 600 people under the age of 50 died from covid in this whole country since the pandemic started. That's the vast majority of our population. 

You didn't know any of that though, because our MSM makes covid sound like a disease that can kill anyone. You actually have to think for yourself to find out things like that. Their covid fear-mongering is off the charts (aside from BC, just before the election, when they understated the number of infected people in hospital. That's weird, hey?).

You could choose to vaccinate your 12 yr-old if you want, but it would be a better idea to get them to wear a motorcycle helmet and flash gear while they're in your car, and to wear a seatbelt to keep them from falling off of their bed.  

Edited by WestCanMan

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No, it does not do that at all. Fauci said that the viral load in the nasal pharynx is basically the same as in an unvaccinated person. I saw it on tv. Here's a similar comment by him:

Again, not a thing in 12-30 yr olds. 

Bullshit. Lots of people have died from vaxxing.

A 13 yr-old in Detroit died with a swollen heart just 3 days after getting the 2nd dose. There was fluid in the pericardium, just like from the vaccination symptoms that happen in thousands of young men and boys. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2021/07/02/jacob-clynick-pfizer-covid-vaccine/5323095001/

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/michigan-boy-dies-in-his-sleep-three-days-after-getting-vaccine/

They're not blaming the vaccine of course, the death is under investigation just like every other likely vaxx death, but there's no alternate explanation that's even offered. 

It's an absolute lie to say that getting this vaccination is a perfectly safe thing to do.

Not trusting the vaccine is a perfectly sane choice for people who have nothing to fear from covid. 

65% of the people who died from covid here are over 80, and that's only 5% of our population. The avg age of people who died of covid here is 84. 

Only 600 people under the age of 50 died from covid in this whole country since the pandemic started. That's the vast majority of our population. 

You didn't know any of that though, because our MSM makes covid sound like a disease that can kill anyone. You actually have to think for yourself to find out things like that. Their covid fear-mongering is off the charts (aside from BC, just before the election, when they understated the number of infected people in hospital. That's weird, hey?).

You could choose to vaccinate your 12 yr-old if you want, but it would be a better idea to get them to wear a motorcycle helmet and flash gear while they're in your car, and to wear a seatbelt to keep them from falling off of their bed.  

Can you cite your source on that 600. 

Regarding Viral Load. If you fight off the virus quickly, which is what the vaccine helps with you are contagious for a much smaller period of time. 

Both articles you cite refer to the same boy. I hope you have more evidence than that to argue the vaccine is dangerous. 

70% of Canadians have been fully vaccinated. How many deaths? 

58 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The justice system is not working in Canada.  They often let dangerous offenders out.  Let's talk about Canada.  A judge just declined to renew an injunction for the police to stop the Ferry Creek protesters from blocking logging.  The judge said the reason is because the police were too hard on the protesters and denying them their rights.

Do you think police should be allowed to deny people’s rights?

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the right to keep and bear arms

includes firearms

but is not limited to firearms

Why would you look at the USA Constitution for what rights God gave Canadians?  I am interested in how I can know which rights are God-given.

I mentioned a passage in the bible because I thought that was a holy book.  

If you think the Constitution is holy from God, then why did He include slavery in earlier iterations?

Edited by TreeBeard

45 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

As of July 2021, the United States had the highest number of incarcerated individuals worldwide, with almost 2.1 million people in prison. The U.S. was followed by China, Brazil, India, and the Russian Federation.

Seems that prison is not working.  

How so?

The main reason for a crime-free society is that you can develop communities that are safe, where kids can worry about their education, businesses can grow, and people can live in an area where they're motivated to contribute to society because there are real rewards for doing so.

Businesses don't go to shitholes like Baltimore where crime is rampant. Kids don't get quality educations there. Nobody worries about getting nice stuff because it just gets vandalized or stolen. 

America has the world's largest GDP because America is safe. Prisons make places safe. The deterrent of prison makes people safe. 

(Makes you wonder why Democrats effectively legalized rioting and looting, by not prosecuting rioters or by bailing them out. America is becoming more and more of a shithole country every day now.)

You'll blather about the ineffectiveness of prisons from your safe neighbourhood but you'd never go live in Compton or even in the Hastings area of Vancouver. 

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Where can I find something that tells me what the God-given right are?

Where is gun rights listed in the Holy Bible?

the rights are self evident

there is no intermediary

who can tell you what all your God given rights are

that is not how it works

you can discover the truth for yourself

no need for anyone or anything between you and God

to tell you otherwise

I can tell you the conclusions that I have come to

based on my observations and thoughts

but I am a mere pilgrim

I do not have anywhere close to all of the answers

nor does anyone else

myself and everyone else

have come to some wrong conclusions

and some right conclusions

which is which

is for you to determine on your own

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

the rights are self evident

Well…. It should be obvious then?

who can tell you what all your God given rights are

that is not how it works

Didn’t you just say on the line above that it is self evident?  If it’s self evident then anyone could tell everyone what they are.

What do you think self evident actually means?

you can discover the truth for yourself

What if I discover a different truth, how do we tell which truth is the Truth?

32 minutes ago, Boges said:

Can you cite your source on that 600. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

17,400 in the 80+ group 

5,603 in the 70-79

2,708 in the 60-69

1,067 in the 50-59 range

379 fom 40-49

164 from 30-39

70 from 20-29

16 from 0-19

That's 629 people under 50.

This will show you how many people there are in each age group: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1710000501

Regarding Viral Load. If you fight off the virus quickly, which is what the vaccine helps with you are contagious for a much smaller period of time. 

How long do people carry it for before they go to the hospital? We don't know that. 

Both articles you cite refer to the same boy. I hope you have more evidence than that to argue the vaccine is dangerous. 

I never said it was more than one boy, but we hear covid anecdotes about 59 yr-olds and 44 yr-olds every month. Why ignore the death of someone much healthier who died of vaxxing?

The swollen heart symptom is very well-known among young boys/men. It's serious. 

70% of Canadians have been fully vaccinated. How many deaths? 

We won't know how effective the vaccines are until we go through a flu season with them. Up to this point they've only been demonstrating their effectiveness in the summer, and summer stats aren't real flu stats. Unvaccinated people's stats still go back to the last flu season.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

17,400 in the 80+ group 

5,603 in the 70-79

2,708 in the 60-69

1,067 in the 50-59 range

379 fom 40-49

164 from 30-39

70 from 20-29

16 from 0-19

That's 629 people under 50.

26,700 people 50+ There are about 14M people in this age group.

629 people 49- There are about 24M people in this age group.

One out of every 38,155 people under 50 died of covid.

I see a pattern....

Edited by WestCanMan

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What if I discover a different truth, how do we tell which truth is the Truth?

the intersection between faith and reason

the one whose reason best reinforces their faith

and whose faith best reinforces their reason

is closest to the truth

faith checks reason

and reason checks faith

if we differ on who is closest to the truth

then we differ

it's about the journey

not the destination

you want to skip to the end

but that isn't how it works

the destination wouldn't be a meaningful pursuit

if you just skip the journey and it was just handed to you on a silver platter

the commitment to the struggle to pursue the higher goal

is where the meaning lies

if it wasn't difficult and the reward wasn't worth the effort

you would simply take it for granted

and find no deeper meaning in it

Edited by Yzermandius19

54 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the intersection between faith and reason

the one whose reason best reinforces their faith

and whose faith best reinforces their reason

is closest to the truth

faith checks reason

and reason checks faith

if we differ on who is closest to the truth

then we differ

it's about the journey

not the destination

you want to skip to the end

but that isn't how it works

the destination wouldn't be a meaningful pursuit

if you just skip the journey and it was just handed to you on a silver platter

the commitment to the struggle to pursue the higher goal

is where the meaning lies

if it wasn't difficult and the reward wasn't worth the effort

you would simply take it for granted

and find no deeper meaning in it

If your faith has God wanting us to have guns, and my faith doesn’t, how do we decide which one of us should have our God-given rights enshrined within Canadian law? 

On 9/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, Army Guy said:

I'm not a very religious man, but i do think at the end of this life i will have to atone for all my mistakes...

I meant to ask you….  Do you think we can wait until we die to atone for our sins in front of God?  I’ve read that one should do so while still living and that when you’re dead, it’s too late.  That’s when the atonement ends and the judgement happens.

39 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

If your faith has God wanting us to have guns, and my faith doesn’t, how do we decide which one of us should have our God-given rights enshrined within Canadian law? 

you can choose whether or not you want a gun

I can choose whether or not I want a gun

others can choose whether or not they want a gun

I see no need for a one-size fits all answer

people should be free to choose

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you can choose whether or not you want a gun

I can choose whether or not I want a gun

others can choose whether or not they want a gun

I see no need for a one-size fits all answer

people should be free to choose

I thought we were talking about God-given rights?   How do we determine whose God-given rights are the correct ones if our faith brings us to differing conclusions?

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think police should be allowed to deny people’s rights?

The police were operating under a court injunction to remove protesters.  The protesters are breaking the law by still being there and doing all the things they are doing.  If some protesters have a belief their rights are being violated, they can hire a lawyer and take it to court.  But the protesters are acting from an illegal position to begin with because they are breaking the law in doing what they are doing there.  I don't believe it is this judge's job to interfere and allow the protesters to continue blocking the road.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The police were operating under a court injunction to remove protesters.  The protesters are breaking the law by still being there and doing all the things they are doing.  If some protesters have a belief their rights are being violated, they can hire a lawyer and take it to court.  But the protesters are acting from an illegal position to begin with because they are breaking the law in doing what they are doing there.  I don't believe it is this judge's job to interfere and allow the protesters to continue blocking the road.

A judge ruled that police violated protestor’s rights.  Isn’t that what judges do?  Look at the evidence and pass judgement on legal questions?  What makes you think that this judge didn’t have jurisdiction to do that?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

A judge ruled that police violated protestor’s rights.  Isn’t that what judges do?  Look at the evidence and pass judgement on legal questions?  What makes you think that this judge didn’t have jurisdiction to do that?

No, whether the police were violating protester's rights or not is a different question.  That could be dealt with in a different court case.  This judge went beyond the matter of whether there should be an injunction or not.  This will be appealed and the protesters will lose.  I can almost guarantee.  It may take some time which will have negative consequences for the natural resource industries in B.C.  Lots of people may be unemployed in the meantime.

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What are you basing this opinion on?

Common sense.  Many of these protesters have been doing extreme things to make it very difficult to arrest them and resisting arrest.  Companies and government cannot allow these protesters to shut down vital industries that everyone depends on in B.C.  The forest industry is the main industry.

Edited by blackbird