Enough is enough. Ban protests outside hospitals.

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the ICU COVID Doomsday never comes to pass

triage is performed all the time, resources are rationed, even without a pandemic

this is hardly exclusive to covid at all

so what?

the media makes it seem far worse than it is routinely

don't be a rube

Triage is used all the time to determine who needs care first, it is not used to decide who lives or dies except in wars or disasters.

In my personal experience someone with a head injury had to wait for six hours just to get a scan and another two for a doctor to see it. That was the state of the system long before Covid so these excuses work only on those who have no clue or scared out of wits and for life. Managing a system and maintaining it in a top notch state during normal times and have adequate capacity for extraordinary events for which warnings were out for decades that's what often obscene salaries and bonuses were paid for, not for meetings with reports. Oops we did it again so you pick up.

Edited by myata

Just now, myata said:

In my personal experience someone with a head injury had to wait for six hours just to get a scan and another two for a doctor to see it. That was the state of the system long before Covid so these excuses work only on those who have no clue or scared out of wits and for life. Managing a system and maintaining it in a top notch state during normal times and have adequate capacity for extraordinary events for which warnings were out for decades that's what often obscene salaries and bonuses were paid for, not for meetings with reports. Oops we did it again.

ER waits are long but if wind up in ER and need intensive care you may be out of luck because the ICU's are crammed with Covid patients. What is so difficult to understand about ICU's at 89% capacity because they are 76% full of unvaccinated Covid patients? God some people are thick.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

God some people are thick.

Indeed, they can't get it and for decades, with multiple warnings that one cannot drag inadequate status quo forever hoping for the best while paying themselves generous and over compensations; that waving hands and crying loud does not make for good and effective management; that excuses aren't the same as results; that in normal societies at least professionals and experts (without quotes) are respected and paid for the results they produce not waving hands and excuses and so on.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

It would mean that the Alberta ICU situation is about as bad as its ever been during this pandemic. 

Lockdowns are coming for them. 

Yes, apparently the variant has hit Alberta in a way that starts to be significant. Just as it did in Ontario recently, in the UK some time earlier and in Israel some time before that. I expect things to progress as we've seen before there.

Edited by Infidel Dog

27 minutes ago, myata said:

Indeed, they can't get it and for decades, with multiple warnings that one cannot drag inadequate status quo forever hoping for the best while paying themselves generous and over compensations; that waving hands and crying loud does not make for good and effective management; that excuses aren't the same as results; that in normal societies at least professionals and experts (without quotes) are respected and paid for the results they produce not waving hands and excuses and so on.

So what? Moaning about the past doesn't do shit to deal with the present. How much excess capacity do you think we should have, we are already near the top when it comes to the amount of GDP we spend on health care.

A big problem is our balkanized provincial health care systems that duplicate management and oversight in ten provinces instead of having a national system that gives better results for less money.

Edited by Aristides

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I see. All those decades of dedicated work saving lives mean nothing now, because you dont understamd.

My comment was referring to the 10% who refused to get vaccinated and who don't respect the safety of patients.  The other 90% should be commended for their dedicated work and for getting vaccinated.  Too bad not all of them are the same.

Edited by blackbird

6 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I think Alberta would be wiser to follow the Florida reaction and open up the Province to therapeutics. Biden may have grabbed all the monoclonal antibodies for what he calls his "equity" but there's still hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin and others

Florida's deaths per million population is three times Canada.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

My comment was referring to the 10% of anti-vaxxers who don't respect the safety of patients.  The other 90% should be commended for their dedicated work.  Too bad not all of them are the same.

The way I hear it even you jab-nazis can be infectious so what are you talking about? Who exactly are these bad guys you want to point your finger?

And if you really do think they're your inferior explain why. How exactly do you think they can infect you that you can't infect them with your far superior numbers of the vaccinated.

Edited by Infidel Dog

6 hours ago, myata said:

Over the centuries' experience we have learned and (should) know: authoritarians and totalitarians love scare.

You can look and see where the scare is, and is coming from.

And you can remember what you learned and should know. At least this choice is yours.

There have been lots of anti-vaxxers and freedom fighters who repented and confessed they were wrong in their dying hours with Covid in the ICU.

list of dead anti vaxxers.jpg

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The way I hear it even you jab-nazis can be infectious so what are you talking about? Who exactly are these bad guys you want to point your finger?

And if you really do think they're you inferior explain why. How exactly do you think they can infect you that you can't infect them with your far superior numbers of the vaccinated.

People are in hospitals because they are sick and vulnerable. We know the vaccines are not  100%, particularly with people who already have immune systems that have been weakened by other causes. This shouldn't have to be explained to you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Florida's deaths per million population is three times Canada.

You may have been right at one time but today you are so incorrect it makes me chuckle.

Florida's deaths for 2 days ago were 3. for the day before 4, for the day before that 10.  On August 21 the deaths were 347.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Right around that time DeSantis announced he was making the Monoclonal antibody treatment available to Floridians. The death count plummeted almost immediately.

Monoclonal antibody treatment is what cured Trump. Also Desantis.

As far as I've heard there hasn't been the sort of adverse reactions from MCA we can suffer with the "vaccine."

Edited by Infidel Dog

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Over 100 of them are unvaccinated Covid patients. 

Yeah, yeah...we heard this argument when the variant first hit Ontario. Then the 2 sides started to even out and as explained earlier in this thread if you consider all the factors your chances of being infected by vaxxed or unvaxxed are about 50/50 now. Even in Ontario. And don't try to baffle me with raw numbers. I said if you consider all the factors.

If we consider what happened in places like Israel, the UK, Gibraltar, Iceland and Taiwan we can expect even the raw gap between infections in vaccinated and unvaccinated to narrow until the difference is negligible. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

Thomas Paine wasn't speaking for you. He was speaking against you.

Hey...for anybody who isn't locked into only reading media authorized by the corporate left you might find this one from Not the Bee interesting:

Red states are having big success with this one COVID treatment and now the Biden administration is going to start rationing it

And yes Argus, I know you can go to a site that will offer you up slurs against Not the Bee. I care less about them than what you care what my opinion is of the media the current narrative is allows you to access.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

My comment was referring to the 10% who refused to get vaccinated and who don't respect the safety of patients.  The other 90% should be commended for their dedicated work and for getting vaccinated.  Too bad not all of them are the same.

You mean those which were as high as 30%, before being mandated against their professional judgement. These last 10% are willing to put their jobs on the line for it.

I attest, you are completely wrong to label them as lacking respect for their patients. I cant cite this, doesnt matter.

Just try to look at it this way:

Health Care Workers

Care

For other human beings.

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

"THIS ONE THING WILL MAKE YOU LIVE FOREVER/GET RICH/FIND LOVE" ... seen on any number of clickbait headlines on social media, all selling some version of snake oil.  I never click on them, and ain't gonna click on yours either.  

43 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You mean those which were as high as 30%, before being mandated against their professional judgement. These last 10% are willing to put their jobs on the line for it.

I attest, you are completely wrong to label them as lacking respect for their patients. I cant cite this, doesnt matter.

Just try to look at it this way:

Health Care Workers

Care

For other human beings.

Lots of people will say and in many ways they do "care for other human beings".  Even Trudeau and Singh believe themselves in that category as do followers of cults and Communists, Fascists, etc.  The problem is a person can sincerely believe they are caring and be absolutely wrong in things they do.  Their judgment can be good in many things but in certain things they can be terribly misinformed and wrong.

The Communists in Chairman Mao's regime killed millions of people under the sincere belief they were doing it for the greater good of their comrades, the party, and country.  Being sincere means nothing if you are wrong on important issues.  

Edited by blackbird