Jump to content

The Liberals plan to increase Canada's population to 100 million - without asking you


Argus

Recommended Posts

On 9/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, Argus said:

The Quebec government has cut back on immigration and instituted various measures, including a values test for prospective immigrants. Do you agree with their actions?

And no, Canada isn't a big country. Almost all immigrants go to six cities in the south, 75% of immigrants wind up in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Don't count hundreds of thousands of square miles of frozen tundra and tell me we've got lots of room. 

Blanchet has every reason to defend what he is.

The world does not lack for children, It lacks for educated children.

====

Canada (like Norway, Sweden, Russia) is a cold country. Lazy/ignorant people don't live here. They move south.

As Margaret Atwood said: We survive. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

temperature differences is a non-sequitur

just because Canada and America are different in some ways does not disprove they are similar in others

I once had a chat with a plombier, CAQ voter - the BBC/CBC/MSM would describe him as a "racist extreme right-wing" voter.

Anyway, I said: "In Quebec, we have protection. It's cold here." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, August1991 said:

I once had a chat with a plombier, CAQ voter - the BBC/CBC/MSM would describe him as a "racist extreme right-wing" voter.

Anyway, I said: "In Quebec, we have protection. It's cold here." 

Quebec is more restrictive on immigration than the rest of Canada

but that's a language thing, not a temperature thing

it's cold in other provinces too, some even colder than Quebec, and yet they are more pro-immigration than Quebec regardless

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 7:31 PM, Argus said:

Other countries which care about the well-being of their citizens cut immigration during the covid mess, and as a result, have lower unemployment rates.

Some corrections and information in regards to your comments on how immigration has worked in Canada during the pandemic:

1) Immigration Canada did not allow any foreign permanent resident applicants to enter during the height of the pandemic. It has only been since July of this year, that they are slowly allowing those whose applications received a positive response to come in.

2) Immigration Canada only processed foreign workers' applications of those who are already in Canada, working.

3) Canada's unemployment rate has been a lot better than most other countries in the world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peasant population has worked very well for the country's enlightened and benevolent elites in the past two centuries, and so why not extend it further? Work your a... off for the family and kids education (by the time well into double digits, annually, not to worry) don't ask (m)any questions, always do as told, all in all a great democratic electorate. And there's still a lot to sell in ad mere usque mere so that benevolent budgets wouldn't get too stressed even if unlikely to be balanced ever again.

I'd give it a few decades, maybe till bicentennial. By then, climate change effects in full swing, out of control migration, global stresses and half of the country owned by China. And what if one day it would come knocking on the door? Whatever's left of RCA would put up a great show of national defense led by the fearless leader eternal yes, you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 3:13 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

Quebec is more restrictive on immigration than the rest of Canada

but that's a language thing, not a temperature thing

it's cold in other provinces too, some even colder than Quebec, and yet they are more pro-immigration than Quebec regardless

Quebec?

As you say, all of Canada is a cold and dark place for about half the year.

This is our protection against idiots.

=====

I never believed that Canada's native people (indigenous?, you know, Indians) are lazy. They managed to live/survive in a difficult, changing climate.

We European-Canadians have another story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Quebec?

As you say, all of Canada is a cold and dark place for about half the year.

This is our protection against idiots.

=====

I never believed that Canada's native people (indigenous?, you know, Indians) are lazy. They managed to live/survive in a difficult, changing climate.

We European-Canadians have another story.

cold doesn't protect from idiots

Canada is overrun by them

as is Quebec

and the cold isn't stopping them

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I usually find that disdain for the electorate, and by extension democracy, comes from arrogant socialists.  I guess that's changing.

democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner

if you don't think you're surrounded by idiots

you either aren't paying attention or you support the idiocy

Idiocracy came true

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from many nuances, two principal questions that define a democracy are: can the society choose its government; and can it control the government in power? The answer to the second question is very clear: there are no effective controls over governments in Canada, majority or minority. And to the first one, is very limited choice still a choice? Is strongly suppressed choice still a choice that qualifies for a democracy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, myata said:

Apart from many nuances, two principal questions that define a democracy are: can the society choose its government; and can it control the government in power? The answer to the second question is very clear: there are no effective controls over governments in Canada, majority or minority. And to the first one, is very limited choice still a choice? Is strongly suppressed choice still a choice that qualifies for a democracy?

Canada's Overton window of political choice is about as wide as the choice between Coke and Pepsi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

and there are a lot of fools around

And yet, I'm sure you reject the standard trappings of intelligence like a degree, accreditation, and experience in a certain field am I right ?  

Most Climate Scientists are idiots, economists are probably idiots - am I right ?

So then we end up in a peculiar universe where intelligence is an essential virtue, and yet that is judged and defined by you.  Seems a lot more like you are talking about your own ego than some subjective thing but I don't know you...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet, I'm sure you reject the standard trappings of intelligence like a degree, accreditation, and experience in a certain field am I right ?  

Most Climate Scientists are idiots, economists are probably idiots - am I right ?

So then we end up in a peculiar universe where intelligence is an essential virtue, and yet that is judged and defined by you.  Seems a lot more like you are talking about your own ego than some subjective thing but I don't know you...

lots of people are idiots

including many experts

they are some of the biggest idiots of all

accreditation scams abound

and merit is often eschewed by those accreditors

who accredit cronies who preach the dogma over the competent who question the dogma

popery by any other name would smell as shitty

tickets to heaven sold was a bad idea then

and it's a bad idea now

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And of course as usual with liberals, immigrants always come from the wrong places. Third world despots who have zero intention of ever assimilating or even speaking English. They’ll create caste system ghettos of their own and their children actually born here will yap foreign gibberish in public and on transit.

I submit we have quite enough of these malcontents. Surely we can hand select immigrants from countries like the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Western European and Scandinavian countries. We have quite enough Somalians thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like inferiority-complex being next door to a mightier neighbour. Besides, Canada isn't even a small country populationwise. It is a mid-rank country. Small countries are the ones below 10 million people. Ontario alone has more than that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...