Democracy in danger in Canada.

The kind of scenes we witnessed over the past few days is very alarming as it is a danger to our democracy. There are widespread reports of groups of apparently anti-vaxer mob harassing health care workers, at least one health care worker being assaulted, surrounding hospitals and blocking access to sick people to get medical care.

At other protest gatherings some wearing PPC (People's Party of Canada) T shirts disrupting election rallies by Liberal leader, Justin Trudeau,  our elected Prime Minister and at least one protester throwing gravel at him and endangering the volunteers and news media reporters who are trying to do their very important job in a democracy.  Harassing and Intimidating a party leader and his team during election rallies and preventing him to speak and convey his platform is an assault on democracy.

There are reports of racist slurs by likely small number of angry protesters. There are unconfirmed reports or allegations that these may have been organized and finance by certain extreme right groups or elements who wish to disturb or destroy democracy in Canada, Reader beware and stand on guard on this. Is this the Canada you wish to live in?

It is not about any political party or who is blue or orange or red but it is about Canada. We may have our differences on how Canada should be run or who should run it but we are united that our democratic system is very dear to us and we must not allow it to be disturbed. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Obviously hurling  gravel and insults isn’t right.  It does speak to the tone deafness of the authorities, however, that people feel so desperate, ignored, and vilified that they’re resorting to inexcusable tactics.  I think that it’s the same forces that caused the BLM protests: alienation, poverty, poor health, and restrictions on communities that were already pressure cookers.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 hours ago, myata said:

The democracy in this country is indeed in danger - only from party-corporations, accountable to nobody using pandemic scare to achieve political goals and extend and strengthen grip on the power. And these are very much confirmed facts.

It sounds like you've been listening to too much FOX News, OAN, Newsmax, and The My Pillow guy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Obviously hurling  gravel and insults isn’t right.  It does speak to the tone deafness of the authorities, however, that people feel so desperate, ignored, and vilified that they’re resorting to inexcusable tactics.  I think that it’s the same forces that caused the BLM protests: alienation, poverty, poor health, and restrictions on communities that were already pressure cookers.  

From what I've observed the "desperate" people are mostly well off conservatives.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Galloway said:

From what I've observed the "desperate" people are mostly well off conservatives.   

Oh no not another anarcho-Marxist.  That’s what we produce now, guys who stand around flaming garbage cans on pogey and rail against the people who actually work and make the things we need.  Canada is too far left.  

• Like 2

A few conspiracy advocates on this forum presented a theory that either it was all lies or they were Liberal supporters or paid agents who carried out the act but

Former PPC London riding president arrested for Trudeau gravel-throwing incident

https://globalnews.ca/news/8183500/shane-marshall-arrested-gravel-trudeau/

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This will not hurt the PPC standing in the riding, as their supporters enjoy this sort of thing.

They're not civic-minded people, they're tribal Warriors who will support anything the clown show does.

no it doesn't hurt their standing in the riding

because what some protesters do has nothing to do with the party

you are the one buying into guilt by association tribal thinking, not PPC supporters

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are the one buying into guilt by association tribal thinking, not PPC supporters

? This was a riding executive.  You don't think that says something about PPC members?  Guilt by association?

You also tried to blame wokism on a guy who died in 1937! ?

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

? This was a riding executive.  You don't think that says something about PPC members?  Guilt by association?

You also tried to blame wokism on a guy who died in 1937! ?

read what Gramsci wrote and you will see that the woke and many other leftists adopted his plan wholesale

riding executive, schmiding executive, it means nothing, not indicative of the party at all

Gramsci is indicative of the woke though

you can't name anything racist about this riding executive that is indicative of the PPC

if a couple PPC supporters are racist, that hardly means the whole party is

riding executive is racist

riding executive is PPC

therefore PPC is racist

that is an obvious logical fallacy

just as

Hitler drank water

you drink water too

therefore you are Hitler 

is an obvious logical fallacy

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

if a couple PPC supporters are racist, that hardly means the whole party is

Yeah, but there are limits to this.  And that includes somebody in 1937 who read Marx being named as instrumental to wokism.

You are not a Marxist, but your propaganda methods are Soviet indeed.  Enjoy your day.

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah, but there are limits to this.  And that includes somebody in 1937 who read Marx being named as instrumental to wokism.

that's a stupid limit seeing as it's the same ideology and strategy for infiltrating the very same institutions that the woke lifted from that very somebody

time passing is irrelevant, the influence is obvious af

you just want that limit, because you don't want to admit you are wrong, so you'll for anything to nitpick to keep your cognitive dissonance going

Edited by Yzermandius19

55 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Only to those who don't understand the philosophies.

'Somebody taking advantage of somebody' isn't a philosophy

no

those who understand the philosophies don't pretend one didn't clearly influence the other

stating otherwise is an obvious sign you don't understand either philosophy well at all

Edited by Yzermandius19

24 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1) those who understand the philosophies don't pretend one didn't clearly influence the other

Sorry, maybe I should step back at this point. Maybe we're both being a little too loose here. I didn't read this carefully, but I had responded to the other thread first where you said they are hegelian. Here you saying there's influence. Well of course there's influence, just as can't influenced all of them just as Aristotle influenced everybody.

It's not useful to say Hegel influenced marks who influenced critical theory who influenced the post-modernists who influence the woke. If you erase Marxism those other things still exist.

I'm not a fan of equating these things as a way of demonizing orcasm. We'll give some can be critiqued on its own. As can marchism.

But as I've admitted I only am a passing tourist when it comes to philosophy. If you really know what you're talking about, please don't fake us out but post some true thoughts rather than just high level statements. I'm fine to admit that I don't know the stuff very well, but it also means I can be hoodwinked by someone if I'm not careful.

This election will tell us one thing quite certainly: whether the country has moved past and beyond democracy, in essence if not yet the form. If and when the authority has no responsibility nor accountability, democracy is gone. Decorations don't matter if the core is gone and empty.