The Boomer Flu

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

$900 for a drug that has to be administered within five days of showing symptoms

I'm ok with that. I'll pay it myself if it's safe, it works, and I need it.

vs $60 for two doses of a vaccine that will either prevent or result in mild symptoms. Antivax economists at work.

Not even close.

More like: "Two doses of 1) an experimental substance which 2) the media has lied about in several different ways [at least 5, maybe 10] 3) which is proven to not work in a lot of instances, 4) and is known to have a diminishing effectiveness over time 5) and may end up causing antibody dependant enhancement and 6) which has serious side-effects that the media and our local health experts are failing to report on (why did you all hear about serious cases of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths from me before you heard about it in the news?). 

I've heard too many lies about the vaccines to trust them. 

The fact that you were lied to might not bother you at all, I'm not one to suffer fools and liars. 

Ivermectin's cheap. Sooner or later people will figure out the new pills are just aping its behaviour. Ivermectin will become the brand name people use like they use Aspirin. Unless Pfizer and Merck give in to competitive pricing. 

And when they do monoclonal antibodies will have to come down in price too, or fade away.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm ok with that. I'll pay it myself if it's safe, it works, and I need it.

Not even close.

More like: "Two doses of 1) an experimental substance which 2) the media has lied about in several different ways [at least 5, maybe 10] 3) which is proven to not work in a lot of instances, 4) and is known to have a diminishing effectiveness over time 5) and may end up causing antibody dependant enhancement and 6) which has serious side-effects that the media and our local health experts are failing to report on (why did you all hear about serious cases of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths from me before you heard about it in the news?). 

I've heard too many lies about the vaccines to trust them. 

The fact that you were lied to might not bother you at all, I'm not one to suffer fools and liars. 

But you will jump all over an emergency use approved monotruflipovorn. You crack me up.

I agree you have heard a lot of lies about vaccines. Too bad they have come from fools and liars.

Edited by Aristides

That's not "another one." That's the link that was in the first article.

Tell you what though, here is an actual for real "other one"

It's a writer for a women's magazine. She starts with an anecdote (as does your CBC article) about her pregnant sister being pressured to get the vaccine. This caused her to do the research. Here's what she found:

In February 2021, the CDC and FDA themselves confirmed that 27% of all reports of adverse reactions to the COVID-19 vaccine were pregnancy specific: miscarriage, preterm labor, spontaneous rupture of amniotic fluids, placental abruption, thrombosis, and many more, including stillbirth. Many of these reports can be looked up by searching the VAERS database, which is the reporting system used to record adverse events relating to vaccines. Despite adverse events on VAERS related to COVID-19 vaccines outnumbering any other vaccine in recorded history, the incestuous alliance of Big Pharma with federal regulatory agencies takes precedence over discretion in mandating decisions related to pregnant women and their babies.  

vaers_pregnancy_outcomes_covid_vaccine_F

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/hey-cdc-get-your-hands-off-our-pregnant-bodies

And here's another actual "other one" from Lifesite News:

(LifeSiteNews) – In his brief presentation at Wednesday’s online “Stop the Shot” conference, former Pfizer vice president Dr. Michael Yeadon highlighted three reasons why women of childbearing years and younger should entirely reject experimental COVID-19 gene-therapy vaccines.  

Yeadon, who has degrees in biochemistry and toxicology and a Ph.D in respiratory pharmacology, worked for 32 years in the pharmaceutical industry and retired in 2011 from the most senior position in his field as vice president and chief scientist for allergy and respiratory at Pfizer. From there, he founded his own biotech company, Ziarco, which was sold to the world’s largest drug company, Novartis, in 2017.

And he explains in detail "Why ‘we never, ever, give experimental medicines to pregnant women’ "

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/735931/

Edited by Infidel Dog

And here's another one where somebody did a search of the National Vaccine Information Center and received this reply:

Found 1,969 cases where Vaccine is COVID19 and Symptom is Aborted pregnancy or Abortion or Abortion complete or Abortion early or Abortion incomplete or Abortion induced or Abortion late or Abortion missed or Abortion of ectopic pregnancy or Abortion spontaneous or Abortion spontaneous complete or Abortion spontaneous incomplete or Foetal cardiac arrest or Foetal death or Premature baby death or Premature delivery or Stillbirth

There's more at this link:

https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=AGE&EVENTS=ON&PERPAGE=4000&SYMPTOMS[]=Aborted+pregnancy+(10000209)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+(10000210)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+complete+(10061614)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+early+(10052846)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+incomplete+(10000217)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+induced+(10000220)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+late+(10052847)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+missed+(10000230)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+of+ectopic+pregnancy+(10066266)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+spontaneous+(10000234)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+spontaneous+complete+(10061616)&SYMPTOMS[]=Abortion+spontaneous+incomplete+(10061617)&SYMPTOMS[]=Foetal+cardiac+arrest+(10084280)&SYMPTOMS[]=Foetal+death+(10055690)&SYMPTOMS[]=Premature+baby+death+(10076700)&SYMPTOMS[]=Premature+delivery+(10036595)&SYMPTOMS[]=Stillbirth+(10042062)&VAX=COVID19

Much more.

Edited by Infidel Dog

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

But you will jump all over an emergency use approved monotruflipovorn. You crack me up.

I agree you have heard a lot of lies about vaccines. Too bad they have come from fools and liars.

I said "if it's safe". I don't have covid right now, afaik.

A large study in Canada has found that the Delta variant now basically taken over in Canada is not only more contagious it's also a lot more dangerous. Those who catch it are twice as likely to end up in hospital and more than three times as likely to end up in ICU. The death rate is 133% higher than the original version.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-covid-19-variants-substantially-more-dangerous-than-native-strain/

Edited by Argus

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

A large study in Canada has found that the Delta variant now basically taken over in Canada is not only more contagious it's also a lot more dangerous. Those who catch it are twice as likely to end up in hospital and more than three times as likely to end up in ICU. The death rate is 133% higher than the original version.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-covid-19-variants-substantially-more-dangerous-than-native-strain/

The average covid death age is greater than life expectancy.

10231B1A-DEB8-48B7-92BF-DA557E871748.png

Edited by Shady

4 minutes ago, Shady said:

Btw, the author of the new study is the doctor that resigned in Ontario because he said there was a secret government report that showed Ontario at 4000 cases per day in October and hospitals overwhelmed.

He resigned from the government advisory board because of political interference. He is a professor of epidemiology at the U of T.

54 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He resigned from the government advisory board because of political interference. He is a professor of epidemiology at the U of T.

Yes, and he started there was secret information that the government was hiding indicating a grim fall.  How’s that going?  Do you believe in his conspiracy theory?

51 minutes ago, Shady said:

Yes, and he started there was secret information that the government was hiding indicating a grim fall.  How’s that going?  Do you believe in his conspiracy theory?

Fall just started two weeks ago. He was a co author of that study and it has U of T’s name on it.

I guess anyone could look at the same data and check their conclusions, which they will. Pier review they call it.

5 hours ago, Shady said:

You disapprove of including worst-case scenarios in planning documents?

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You disapprove of including worst-case scenarios in planning documents?

That wasn’t the issue.  Pay attention to your own shitty province, and leave the best covid managed province out of your partisan ignorance.

22 minutes ago, Shady said:

That wasn’t the issue.  Pay attention to your own shitty province, and leave the best covid managed province out of your partisan ignorance.

I agree. It's incredible how incompetent the Conservative government was in Manitoba. It's like they try to do as poor a job as they can so people like you trust government even less. Fortunately it got Pallister pounced right out of office. But nothing  compares to the shotshow in Alberta.

But I don't suppose you would be brave enough to elaborate on how an internal document is a conspiracy? It would be fun to watch you try. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

6 hours ago, Shady said:

Over the weekend, Fisman also alleged on Twitter that the table was sitting on “important modelling work that projects a grim fall.”
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/toronto.citynews.ca/2021/08/23/doctor-quits-ontario-science-advisory-group-alleges-political-influence/amp/

The BC government underreported covid numbers just before the election as well. It was on the front page of the Vancouver Sun about a week ago.

Edited by WestCanMan