The Boomer Flu

45 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I remember when the variant first hit in Ontario we had a couple of yahoos here strutting around boasting about their high unvaccinated numbers being hospitalized.

It's also a little misleading to call them all "unvaxxed".  Anyone with only 1 jab, or having had their second jab less than 2 weeks before are all counted as "unvaxxed."

Which means that a certain percentage of vaxxed people are in the ICU's right now but the public believes they are all completely unvaxxed.  In the fanaticism to blame the unvaxxed, though, no one seems really interested in separating the real unvaxxed, from the ones with 1 jab and the ones with 2.  (Yes, I know there is the odd stat on that, but every facility needs to keep that stat, not just a few.)

I've read several times now that you are actually immuno-compromised for the first 2 weeks after the jabs, so I understand why they are counting vaxxed people as unvaxxed if their jab was less than 2 weeks before.  But it is also one of the reasons why so many scientists and doctors are saying mass vaccinations DURING a pandemic is a bad idea.  

I've asked around if when you get the jabs, you are told to isolate and stay home for 2 weeks afterwards, as you are immuno-compromised, but everyone has told me that No, they were not advised that.  Which is odd to me.  Because when they know people are immuno-compromised for 2 weeks after AND we are in the midst of a pandemic, you would think that would be important advice.

50 minutes ago, dialamah said:

And I've *heard* that anti-vaxers have sawdust for brains.

In trying to find accurate vax info, I joined a site calling themselves "Evidence Based vaccine information", hoping there would be links and some truth being told.  They're all just vaccinated people looking to blame unvaccinated people and there was little in the way of real information.

I tapped out of it when there was a whole thread with thousands of comments about how "if we can just get 100% vaxxed, Covid will disappear forever." ?

You would like it though.  They all want unvaxxed people to have no healthcare, no jobs and are petitioning for them to sent to camps or confined in old sports stadiums.  Hooray for ghettos.

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You would like it though.  They all want unvaxxed people to have no healthcare, no jobs and are petitioning for them to sent to camps or

You lie so much.

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

there was little in the way of real information.

"There was little in the way of real information that supported my opinion."

There, FIFY

25 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Anyone with only 1 jab, or having had their second jab less than 2 weeks before are all counted as "unvaxxed."

Another lie.  Every report I've seen differentiates between one-jab, two-jabs, unvaccinated.

26 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I've asked around if when you get the jabs, you are told to isolate and stay home for 2 weeks afterwards,

I was never told that, nor were my partner, daughter, son, granddaughter, or several friends.  Are you lying again?

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

You would prefer I only listen to a guy like Fauci, I guess. Why, because he's so non-partisan with his China and Big Pharma connections. 

The US is making such a mess of this pandemic, I certainly don’t look to them as an example. I find it hilarious that an anti vax, anti big pharma person like you is championing and expensive treatment over a cheap preventative when it is well known that treating disease is far more lucrative than preventing it. Makes me wonder if you aren’t a fake and in big pharma’s pocket yourself.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Another lie.  Every report I've seen differentiates between one-jab, two-jabs, unvaccinated.

I was never told that, nor were my partner, daughter, son, granddaughter, or several friends.  Are you lying again?

Nor I or anyone I know.

It's also a little misleading to call them all "unvaxxed".  Anyone with only 1 jab, or having had their second jab less than 2 weeks before are all counted as "unvaxxed."

Not fully vaxxed until at least two weeks after the second shot but not unvaxxed. That is misleading, although in BC, partially vaxxed doesn't cut it for a vaccine passport as of October 24 for the rest of the province and immediately for Northern, Interior and Eastern Fraser Valley regions.

You would like it though.  They all want unvaxxed people to have no healthcare, no jobs and are petitioning for them to sent to camps or confined in old sports stadiums.  Hooray for ghettos.

You do see posts where people say the unvaxxed should pay their own costs if they get sick but we all know our health care system doesn't work that way and holding people accountable for poor life choices would be a slippery slope. What would be next, too high a BMI or poor diet? 

Personally I think that people who choose not to be vaccinated should pay for the cost of drugs like MCA if they get sick. As long as they know that up front. After all, our medical system doesn't cover all drugs as it is.

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

When my partner had back surgery, he was right next to a nurses station so that all three nurses could monitor him for his first two days (in case the bunch of pain killers he was taking for the pain caused him to OD).   There were other 4 or 5 other patients in that ward, but none who was as sick as him.  At that time, there was no Covid so the resources were available for the care he needed.  

Patients in the hospital with Covid on oxygen and on ventilators also need a lot of monitoring, and for longer than a couple of days.   But resources for that care not there because there are so many patients, burnout of medical care and the departure of nurses and other medical staff due to the stress of this pandemic.

You have no clue, so STFU.  

The clueless person is you and you are also rude to top it off!  Let me give you the appropriate response.

Your partner might have had 3 nurses all sit on his dick.  This only means there were about 10 other patients who at the time needed none or just 1 nurse for all 10 of them.  Or it is also possible the number of patients at the time was below average which allowed more resources to be allocated to him.

Either way, it is clear you cannot have 5 medical personnel care for 1 patient every minute of the day, and it is also illogical because nobody could use that much care, unless it is a surgery requiring the patent to be moved around.

You cannot convince me a bed in a hospital is in any way more expensive than a bed at a motel.  Equipment wise, the lowbed driver has over $500,000 of real equipment tied to him - computers , electronics, you name it - 100% of the time, and burn fuel like crazy.  What does the COVID patient get; a $1,000,000 ventilator?

Unfortunately , all those prices are artificially inflated - like my $900 pair of glasses , or the $500 small bottle of pills my wife gets monthly.    You can make any monopolistic organization as inefficient as you want; at the end of the day, it is all a scam.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, cougar said:

The clueless person is you and you are also rude to top it off!  Let me give you the appropriate response.

Your partner might have had 3 nurses all sit on his dick.  This only means there were about 10 other patients who at the time needed none or just 1 nurse for all 10 of them.  Or it is also possible the number of patients at the time was below average which allowed more resources to be allocated to him.

Either way, it is clear you cannot have 5 medical personnel care for 1 patient every minute of the day, and it is also illogical because nobody could use that much care, unless it is a surgery requiring the patent to be moved around.

You cannot convince me a bed in a hospital is in any way more expensive than a bed at a motel.  Equipment wise, the lowbed driver has over $500,000 of real equipment tied to him - computers , electronics, you name it - 100% of the time, and burn fuel like crazy.  What does the COVID patient get; a $1,000,000 ventilator?

Unfortunately , all those prices are artificially inflated - like my $900 pair of glasses , or the $500 small bottle of pills my wife gets monthly.    You can make any monopolistic organization as inefficient as you want; at the end of the day, it is all a scam.

Dumber than dog crap. I was in palliative at our regional hospital today because my wife is there. They are short staffed because nurses are being removed for other departments because they are overloaded and there are non palliative cases in the halls of the palliative ward. You are so fucking ignorant you make me want to puke, and if that gets me banned from this site, so be it you wanker.

I've tried talking sense to you but i'm done with you ignorant pricks.

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Dumber than dog crap. I was in palliative at our regional hospital today because my wife is there. They are short staffed because nurses are being removed for other departments because they are overloaded and there are non palliative cases in the halls of the palliative ward. You are so fucking ignorant you make me want to puke, and if that gets me banned from this site, so be it you wanker.

I've tried talking sense to you but i'm done with you ignorant pricks.

Now you are talking about overloading?   We were on the cost of a hospital bed in the a post above.   Sorry for your wife.

However being in the situation you are in, does not make your statements right, and does not give you the reason to call others names.

Heard on the radio that a few hundred nurses were fired in Quebec for refusing to follow COVID protocol, the employer imposed on them - read refusing vaccination.

Keep pushing them.  It will not get any better for you.

• Sad 1

Just now, Aristides said:

Ya, just what we need, unvaccinated nurses working in cancer wards. Effing pathetic you are.

OK, so then you will have none!  This will work miracles for you!

Don't you have a feeling you are barking on the wrong tree?

I was telling you that our medical system is overpriced and inefficient.  You were telling me, the cost of $3,500/day for a hospital bed is normal.

Surprise, surprise - nearly every Canadian knows our system is inefficient, expensive and understaffed.  Except you, it seems.

10 hours ago, cougar said:

Let me put it into simpler terms so you can understand.

1.  In his ward, there were 5 beds, 4 of which were on use.  Three of the beds were in direct site of the nurse's station;

2. There were 3 nurses for 5 beds, less than 2 patients per nurse;

3. As the sickest, he was in the room right beside the nurses station;

4.  One nurse was always at the nursing station and could monitor him closely and get to him quickly;

5.  After two days, he was moved to the step down unit, where the ratio of patients to nurses was around 3-4 to 1;

6.  Covid patients on ventilators are going to need care similar to the level my partner had after his surgery;

7.  Burnout and departures are reducing the care we're able to give patients in ICUs, whether due to Covid or something else;

8.  In BC,we have about 510 ICU beds and 474 of them currently occupied, about 150 of those are Covid patients;

9.  Of those 150 patients, 112 are unvaccinated;

10:  We are down to 36 ICU beds in the province to deal with other emergencies - like the two burn victims in Burnaby this morning;

11:  Patients from Northern health are being sent south because of lack of beds.  I believe that's your area of BC - hope nothing serious happens to you and you don't need intensive care in a hospital with no ICU beds.  Maybe they can put you in the hallway, but that won't be optimum for your recovery.

We could sure use the beds those unvaccinated people are using just because they didn't want to get vaccinated.  

15 hours ago, dialamah said:

You lie so much.

"There was little in the way of real information that supported my opinion."

There, FIFY

Instead of being snotty and making false accusations, you could try to understand someone else's point.

The real problem is that the MSM and the gov't lie so much that we really don't know who to listen to.

We were told that Trudeau was doing AWESOOOMMME when he was being as stupid as he possibly could and he ended up killing people.

The gov't of Ont published a study showing that some crazy-high percentage of covid victims were unvaxxed, but the study covered months where literally every single person in Ontario was unvaxxed during flu season, and just two months where the vaxxed and unvaxxed were approximately even during the summer months.

The Lancet and NEJM published a study that was completely bogus, just to discredit HCQ. The people who started off telling us that HCQ was a killer (a lie) and the vaxxes will be perfectly safe (impossible to know back then) are now ignoring vaxx deaths. 

We still hear anecdotes about random unhealthy people under 60 dying as if it's a big deal but the media refuses to acknowledge that the vaxxes kill children.

Did you even know that 65% of the people who died of covid in Canada are over 80 years old? FYI that's only 5% of our population accounting for 2/3 of our deaths.

Did you know that only 600 people under 50 died of covid here? Why are we vaccinating children if they aren't at risk and if they can still spread covid after they're vaxxed?

WTF does our gov't say or do that makes sense?

FYI - there's very little in the way of common sense going around. 

You have no answers dialamah, and you can't point to any aspect of covid that our government hasn't lied about.

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

Sorry, it was a typo.  People are NOT being told to isolate while they are immuno-compromised.  But thank you, for proving me correct, as none of you were told that either.

This is interesting. I was just watching Louder with Crowder...

You know how the Australian Government has gone completely Nazi enforcing Covid lockdowns and vaccine passports. This isn't even a secret. There have been lockdowns where it's illegal to go 5 kilometers from your house with certain exemptions. There's videos of a little old lady being knocked down and gassed, a lady being picked up by the neck for not having her mask on correctly, army special forces surrounding and circle attacking a selected target. Waves of police or special forces moving on a crowd firing rubber bullets.

Crowder has video of that but that's not the most interesting point.

Di and Aristides seem to be telling us this is the sort of thing that needs to be done because if they don't Di's tremor suffering other won't be able to get a bed. She sugggests it will be plugged by the 'pandemic of the unvaccinated". Aristides poor wife will have to suffer more in palliative care because they're losing nurses from all the overwork they have to do dealing with those evil unvaccinated covid patients.

OK, so here's the most interesting thing on the Crowder video...

Remember I was telling you how milking the feels from Canadians by using the first couple of weeks of provincial Covid waves is deceptive because other countries that have been dealing with the variant longer aren't getting the same results? Well Crowder found a real world example of that in Australia.

Apparently I'm not allowed to show you the actual video but I'll just give you a link and tell you what you'll see at the -27 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnflzCW2GU

Crowder has a clip of the Minister of Health for Australia telling us that 78% of Australians in hospital at that time were vaccinated.

Edited by Infidel Dog

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

They’re killing Jews, gays, minorities and the disabled?  Can you fill us in a little more on this?  The lockdown stuff seems to pale in comparison to this!

Oh, you want to get technical about an obviously hyperbolic metaphor, do you? Careful now, lest somebody hold you to the same standard.

But yeah, when you're confining people to their neighborhoods, demanding papers, segregating one group for more special abuses, having thugs enforce your rulings with beatings and so on you're getting Nazi. At least early Nazi. Did you know they're even in the process of building a Covid camp? It's massive. 

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh, you want to get technical about an obviously hyperbolic metaphor, do you? Careful now, lest somebody hold you to the same standard.

But yeah, when you're confining people to their neighborhoods, demanding papers, segregating one group for more special abuses, having thugs enforce your rulings with beatings and so on you're getting Nazi. At least early Nazi. Did you know they're even in the process of building a Covid camp? It's massive. 

Please, absolutely hold me to the same standard.  I tend not to diminish the holocaust when trying to make a point.

Why do you feel the need to?