The Boomer Flu

23 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Wrong again. I did not ignore it. I just explained why you were wrong on your second attempt at attempting to tell people they didn't see the drop in the line on the graph following the peak at mid to late August that their eyes would clearly tell them they did see.

What are you hoping? That if you just keep telling them they don't see it they won't see it. Or are you hoping if you just keep telling people they don't see it eventually there will be a new page and they'll forget? Good luck with that one. I have Florida's Worldometer page bookmarked. The Covid death rate in Florida will still be dropping. The Governor was able to bypass Biden's attempt at hording the treatment and get some more from the UK. It will be interesting to watch the line on the Daily Deaths graph continue to plummet.

And speaking of things you keep pretending you didn't see or hear, I'm telling you for the third or fourth time now the treatments were not recently announced. I've been following Florida's use of the monoclonal antibody treatment since mid August. The death rate started to drop in late August. Daily Deaths is Florida yesterday were 8. There were 51 in California.

For God's sake Beave, I gave you a freaking link to an article from NPR from August 13 where they were talking about expanding access to the treatment. I'll make it easy for you. Here it is again\:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/13/1027370861/florida-gov-desantis-monoclonal-antibody-treatments-covid-19-spike

So all that stuff is above in plain sight for anybody to see who wants to see it. What are we supposed to do then? Admire your persistence in being wrong in the face of obvious evidence you are wrong, or something? You'll just be wrong about that too. It won't work.

No you’re wrong. Florida only JUST STARTED acquiring their own antibody supply, previously they were just distributing what the feds were giving them.   And NOWHERE is it reported that antibodies are responsible for the decline. All waves decline that’s why they’re called waves.  But Florida and the rest of the shithole res states suffered way worse than the rest of the country. 

Edited by BeaverFever

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Cuomos mismanagement and his other misdeeds were well-covered by the so-called “liberal media “ and his resignation was even celebrated by some liberal op-eds. Not that you would know from inside your bubble.

There was barely a mention of it, considering the magnitude of the scandal. 99.9% of the impetus to remove him from office came from the minuscule touching scandal. 

They chose to use the mini-scandal to punt him because it gave tem a chance to virtue-signal their way to the right conclusion instead of taking the correct route, even though it would have meant that they had to admit that they were completely suckered by his Emmy-winning performance. 

And all of that pales in comparison to the epic Republican mismanagement that is occurring, especially considering that we a year and a half into the pandemic so there’s been plenty of time to learn from other peoples mistakes 

What a crock of shit.

Putting infected people directly into care homes is biological warfare/murder.  

The GOP are managing their states as if they're in a free country. They're not hypocrites like the people who have you completely bamboozled. 

Literally every politician who you suck up to ha shown massive hypocrisy over covid. They have rules for peons, which is exactly what they think of you, and completely different rules for themselves. You are one of their most loyal useful idiots.

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

No you’re wrong. Florida only JUST STARTED acquiring their own antibody supply, previously they were just distributing what the feds were giving them.   

Yes the Federal government authorized the use of monoclonal antibodies about the same time they authorized the vaccine but it's a moot point.

Federal health financed the use of it. Why wouldn't they.

The Regeneron drugs, when given within 10 days of initial symptoms, have been shown to cut rates of hospitalization and death by roughly 70%. The vaccines authorized for use in the U.S. have been proven in large, real-world studies to be 95% effective against hospitalization.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-desantis-donor-regeneron-20210818-5x7vrfu4q5cefkn63vgxugcfey-story.html

De Santis started pushing it:

DeSantis ramped up the call for Floridians to seek out monoclonal antibody treatments in August as coronavirus cases spiked. He’s held news conferences at treatment sites and a Tampa hospital touting the effectiveness of the drug if people receive treatment soon after testing positive.

He made it more accessible to Floridians even building clinics exclusively to distribute treatments of the the therapeutic.

Florida is establishing clinics around the state to provide doses of the antibody treatment that is touted as being 70% effective in reducing hospitalization and death and 82% effective at reducing COVID-19 in contacts with family members.

https://www.news-press.com/story/news/coronavirus/2021/08/20/covid-19-gov-desantis-says-regeneron-antibody-treatment-clinic-open-bonita-springs/8211588002/

Almost immediately daily deaths began dropping in Florida precipitously. The speed and amount in the drop was unprecedented, obvious and unique. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

It was then that this happened:

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Thursday that the state has begun purchasing doses of a monoclonal antibody treatment directly from the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline, after the federal government last week took control of distribution of the COVID-19 treatments produced by other companies.

DeSantis said the first purchase was for 3,000 doses of the drug sotrovimab, which was given emergency-use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in May.

The governor said last week that he would pursue a direct-purchasing agreement with GlaxoSmithKline, as the state is unable to directly buy doses of Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment.

So Federal health had been financing the use of MCAs but they'd been pushing the use of Vaccines over use of the therapeutic. DeSantis was having more success with a two pronged approach - making both vaccines and MCAs accessible to Floridians.

The Biden regime couldn't have that. They took control of the supply to decide who gets what. Now DeSantis is forced to go elsewhere or Floridians may start dying again. More blood on Biden's hands.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Here's the most important point. There was never any problem in shortage of supply until Biden took control of the supply to decide who gets what.

But yes MCAs were an authorized medication about the same time as vaccines or about the time the Biden regime was setting up to take power. In the meantime federal health decided to finance the medication it had authorized.

If you look back at Trump's comments about the time monoclonal antibodies had cured him he was talking about making the treatment available to all Americans.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

So Federal health had been financing the use of MCAs but they'd been pushing the use of Vaccines over use of the therapeutic. DeSantis was having more success with a two pronged approach - making both vaccines and MCAs accessible to Floridians.

I never understood why the leftist governments in Canada & USA refuse to take an 'all hands on deck' approach to fighting covid. They were against blocking flights, they said 'no masks', they fought against HCQ like it was the anti-Christ, etc.

The fact of the matter is that vaccines have never been great at fighting the flu, and they were still a long way away when leftists suddenly stopped being vaccine skeptics and started vilifying every other method of fighting covid. Their herd mentality is really something to behold. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I never understood why the leftist governments in Canada & USA refuse to take an 'all hands on deck' approach to fighting covid. They were against blocking flights, they said 'no masks', they fought against HCQ like it was the anti-Christ, etc.

The fact of the matter is that vaccines have never been great at fighting the flu, and they were still a long way away when leftists suddenly stopped being vaccine skeptics and started vilifying every other method of fighting covid. Their herd mentality is really something to behold. 

How effective are vaccines at fighting the flu?  How effective are they against COVID?  

How effective is HCQ as a treatment?

Experts who study it say it’s not effective.  Do you have differing data?

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/hydroxychloroquine-doesnt-benefit-hospitalized-covid-19-patients

I heard it was a grand.

Doesn't matter. I imagine you're a "single-payer health care" kind of guy. So if the bill on saving your life exceeds 1,000 or even 2500 dollars are you going to be sending that money back because it's too much?

How much is a week in ICU anyway. Bet it's a lot more than 2500 dollars. Would you insist on paying cash because it's too big a strain on the government? Liars aren't allowed to answer that question.

MCAs keep people out of hospitals. They're a deal.

Just now, Infidel Dog said:

I heard it was a grand.

Doesn't matter. I imagine you're a "single-payer health care" kind of guy. So if the bill on saving your life exceeds 1,000 or even 2500 dollars are you going to be sending that money back because it's too much?

How much is a week in ICU anyway. Bet it's a lot more than 2500 dollars. Would you insist on paying cash because it's too big a strain on the government? Liars aren't allowed to answer that question.

MCAs keep people out of hospitals. They're a deal.

So get vaccinated and don’t wind up in hospital at all. You heard it was a grand, I actually looked it up.

Actually MCAs are for early treatment so it would only be for the people who could get it in time.

In any case, and like I said, I heard treatment was a grand. 600,000 X 1,000 is 600 million.

Now compute the money they'd save by keeping people out hospitals and deduct that.

Tell me what your valuing a human life for and factor all that in then tell me what you get.

Doesn't matter anyway. Biden's never shown any interest in saving money.

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You heard it was a grand, I actually looked it up.

Yeah I didn't have to. I'd read it in one of the links I posted above. Technically I think they said it was just over a grand.

I've also read that it's a different price depending on where you buy it or which brand you buy.

I do remember hearing it was $820 in India because I thought that was interesting. 

Doesn't matter. Still a lot cheaper than a week in ICU then a funeral.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Just going through my bookmarks though.

This is interesting:

Trials show sotrovimab reduces the risk of hospitalization or death in high-risk adults by 85%, compared to the 70% for REGN-COV2. 

The federal government under President Donald Trump purchased 1.5 million doses of Regeneron’s treatment, then their entire stockpile. 

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/460073-florida-purchases-glaxosmithkline-monoclonal-antibody-as-federal-reduction-continues/

3 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah I didn't have to. I'd read it in one of the links I posted above. Technically I think they said it was just over a grand.

I've also read that it's a different price depending on where you buy it or which brand you buy.

I do remember hearing it was $820 in India because I thought that was interesting. 

Doesn't matter. Still a lot cheaper than a week in ICU then a funeral.

Would you agree that being vaccinated is even cheaper and more effective than MCA treatment at keeping people alive?

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

How effective are vaccines at fighting the flu?  How effective are they against COVID?  

It depends who you believe.

• There are some seasonal flus where the vaccines still don't work. They get a 19% effectiveness rating.
  • Half of the people in hospital with covid Israel are dbl-vaxxed. 

Don't forget that the overall rating that the vaccines get isn't just going to be based on how well it fights the original version, or the Delta variant when the vaccines is still fresh. Now they're saying that longer people have been vaccinated for in Israel, the more likely they are to get really sick. (IMO that might be partly because the unhealthiest people got vaxxed first). 

The vaccines will also be judged on the short-term and long-term risks. We're being lied to about the short-term risks, because there are a lot of adverse reactions to the vaxx in the short term.

How effective is HCQ as a treatment?

Experts who study it say it’s not effective.  Do you have differing data?

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/hydroxychloroquine-doesnt-benefit-hospitalized-covid-19-patients

I'm all for actual studies that were done without bias, in order to further our understanding of what works and what doesn't work against covid, but that was never the intention when the first mentions of HCQ came out. Leftists in the government and MSM went all-out to discredit HCQ and they weren't above lying to get their point across that the only way to fight covid was with vaccines "that they already knew would be 100% safe". 

The NEJM and the Lancet posted a damning report on HCQ that had to be retracted, and no subsequent trials showed the same negative effects:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2021225

Do you understand that 'data' is often 'bullshit'? 

I'm not taking HCQ and I have no plans to ever do so, I'm not an advocate for it I'm an advocate for unbiased science.

Here's some ivermectin 'data': https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx

Am I taking ivermectin? No. Interestingly enough, I never mentioned Ivermectin to my family Dr, I just let him say his whole spiel and I only interjected twice, but he had an anecdote about "a 31 yr old Realtor who was on Ivermectin and then got covid and almost died". He also told me that "people who are dbl-vaxxed don't die" and I interjected at that point and said "Several thousands of dbl-vaxxed people already died" and he said "Yeah but they are mostly chemo patients, etc" which sounded like an odd assumption. 

The other time I interjected was when he said that the Pfizer was doing better than Moderna, I said that in Israel 50% of the people in hospital were dbl-vaxxed with Moderna. Honestly, the fucking guy said "maybe hezbollah is putting something in the air." God-damned quack. My wife even had a better guess after we left, she said that "maybe the vaccines are in transit too long on the way to Israel and some of them got spoiled". 

I just don't get why people are so quick to rush to the defense of the vaccines. People still die, they still carry/spread covid, they still end up in hospital, and in the unvaxxed, people who are young and without co-mobidities do not die. All that happens when you vaccinate 12-40 yr olds is you pad the vaccines' stats. 

This "pandemic of the unvaccinated" is bullshit. It's a "pandemic of the elderly with co-morbidities" 100%.  https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/ 

Only 4% of Canadians are 80+, and 65% of covid deaths are among the 80+ crowd. 

8% of Canadians are between 70-80 and there were 5,541 deaths in that group, there are only 4,000 deaths in the 0-69 age group. 

Of the 4,000 deaths under 70, 2,679 are over 60. Below 50 is around 600 people. For all of Canada. Yeah, let's vaccinate all the healthy Canadians under 50 because....................?

We're honestly going to vaccinate 30M people just to stop 600 from dying? 

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/substance-related-harms/opioids-stimulants/

• Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, 6,946 apparent opioid toxicity deaths occurred (April 2020 to March 2021), representing an 88% increase from the same time period prior to the pandemic (April 2019 to March 2020 – 3,691 deaths).

Ten times more young people are dying from Fentanyl than Covid. 

Even the increase in Fentanyl deaths during the covid years are 5x as many as the covid deaths.

And covid deaths are going to increase rapidly over the next couple of years due to the increasingly porous US-Mex border. 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:41 AM, WestCanMan said:

The Boomers were born from 1946 to 1964. They are from 57 to 75 yrs old now. 

That generation has had a greater effect on the economy than any other generation based on their huge numbers. When they were kids there was a toy boom. Then there was a vehicle boom when they were young adults. As that group reaches every new stage in life there's a new economic trend coming with them. 

I think the "baby boomers" concept is a hoax.  It was used to promote immigration with the idea that once the boomers retired there was going to be a labor shortage.

How many are the baby boomers - those born between 1946 and 1964?

How many immigrants came to Canada between 1964 and now?

It is like wondering about the impact of a little wave that was covered by major tsunami.

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Apparently a whopping 50 grand for fifteen days.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cihi-covid19-canada-hospital-cost-1.6168531

So, about $25k per week, or ten times the amount of the treatment. Let alone the freeing up of ICU space to give other people a chance. The invisible damage that our Covid health policies are responsible for causing themselves.

Carry on,

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So, about $25k per week

If this is what they charge, what a bloody scam that is!

It equates to $3,500/day.  You can hire a 10 axle lowbed to haul heavy equipment - truck, trailer, driver, overtime, fuel for less than $300/hour.    What kind of hourly costs do they have at a hospital?  I am guessing close to nothing.