The Boomer Flu

On 9/22/2021 at 5:00 PM, BeaverFever said:

Meanwhile in Anti-vax paradise of Florida where death tolls are at their highest since the start of the pandemic and the entire health system is on the brink of collapse:

Ah...I see the King of Wrong has returned.

I've posted this one before for the other "Progressive" gullibles swallowing crap in works of fiction like Slate but here ya go...just for you:

Florida-daily-cases-Sept-24.jpg

That map is interactive so you'll have to give me your little hand, so to speak, and I'll walk you through it. I'll show you something we of the informed like to call "data."

Florida was experiencing the variant wave. At around late August where you can see that final peak DeSantis managed to get ahold of the therapeutic treatment that had cured himself and Trump. It's called monoclonal antibodies. 

At the peak, daily deaths were 386. DeSantis got Floridians Monoclonal Antibody treatments and as you can see Daily Deaths plummeted.  Currently the daily deaths for yesterday is reading as 9. You can check all this at the link below if you like. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

So you see when you say the "Anti-vax paradise of Florida where death tolls are at their highest since the start of the pandemic" you are once more and as usual "WRONG". You are also wrong when you call Florida an "anti-vax paradise". Once more I'll guide to the facts. Florida's vaccination rate compares well with other states. Check out the interactive map here:

https://data.democratandchronicle.com/covid-19-vaccine-tracker/

Oh and I imagine you returned because you were missing your theme song so here ya go...

Edited by Infidel Dog

19 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I've posted this one before for the other "Progressive" gullibles swallowing crap in works of fiction like Slate but here ya go...just for you:

That map is interactive so you'll have to give me your little hand, so to speak, and I'll walk you through it. I'll show you something we of the informed like to call "data."

Florida was experiencing the variant wave. At around late August where you can see that final peak DeSantis managed to get ahold of the therapeutic treatment that had cured himself and Trump. It's called monoclonal antibodies. 

At the peak, daily deaths were 386. DeSantis got Floridians Monoclonal Antibody treatments and as you can see Daily Deaths plummeted.  Currently the daily deaths for yesterday is reading as 9. You can check all this at the link below if you like. 

So you see when you say the "Anti-vax paradise of Florida where death tolls are at their highest since the start of the pandemic" you are once more and as usual "WRONG". You are also wrong when you call Florida an "anti-vax paradise". Once more I'll guide to the facts. Florida's vaccination rate compares well with other states. Check out the interactive map here:

Oh and I imagine you returned because you were missing your theme song so here ya go...

As usual you have no idea what you’re talking about. It is a fact that Florida has been experiencing the worst death rate since the start of the pandemic which is inexcusable since we are a year and a half into this. 

Let me break it down for you since you clearly can’t grasp what’s going on:  EVERYONE IS EXPERIENCING THE VARIANT WAVE - FLORIDA HAS NO EXCUSE.  Its almost exclusively the right-wing jurisdictions in Canada and the US that are experiencing the worst death rates since the  start of the pandemic 

Tou also seem to have completely missed that DeSantis, monoclonal antibodies announcement was only in the last few days and nothing new has been delivered yet. The very very recent decline in death rate is due to the natural wave which has claimed far more Floridians than it has in other states. 

Also isn’t it kinda funny that anti-vaxxers are eager for these monoclonal antibodies which are also made and sold by big pharma?  What gives?

20 hours ago, taxme said:

You oughta try and get smart. What a poor little communist brainwashed fool and sucker that you really are. If you read and believe that pile of propaganda garbage about Florida and Gov. Desantis from CNN or MSNBC or Globull then you truly are suffering from the real beaver fever alright.

I heard on FOX NEWS the other night that Vermont is in a real state of emergency also with covid cases rising big time. But seeing that Vermont is a blue state the lying and fake American leftist liberal democratic media will never report that. Only red states like Florida or Texas will get attacked and mocked by the American leftist liberal pro democratic media. Anyone who actually believes what the corporate globalist owned MSM has to say anymore has to be totally insane. ?

Yeah well it’s already been clearly established that you live in a right wing false reality where you can’t tell truth from fiction and believe all kinds of insane conspiracies about population control etc. So honestly your assessment of me or anything else while entertaining is pretty irrelevant  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

As usual you have no idea what you’re talking about. It is a fact that Florida has been experiencing the worst death rate since the start of the pandemic which is inexcusable since we are a year and a half into this. 

Let me break it down for you since you clearly can’t grasp what’s going on:  EVERYONE IS EXPERIENCING THE VARIANT WAVE - FLORIDA HAS NO EXCUSE.  Its almost exclusively the right-wing jurisdictions in Canada and the US that are experiencing the worst death rates since the  start of the pandemic 

Tou also seem to have completely missed that DeSantis, monoclonal antibodies announcement was only in the last few days and nothing new has been delivered yet. The very very recent decline in death rate is due to the natural wave which has claimed far more Floridians than it has in other states. 

Also isn’t it kinda funny that anti-vaxxers are eager for these monoclonal antibodies which are also made and sold by big pharma?  What gives?

'Don't believe your lying eyes' isn't going to work here. Notice the peak in the graph we see again below:

I begins on August 13 and ends on August 21, then Daily Deaths start to plummet.

I've been monitoring that graph since about mid to late August when I started seeing headlines like this one from NPR:

Florida Gov. DeSantis Expands Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Amid COVID-19 Spike

If you don't believe me ask the user here named Boges. I've been giving him updates on what's been happening in Florida for about a month., since the Governor decided to make monoclonal antibodies accessible to all Floridians.

So Bud, sorry but once more you are wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

'Don't believe your lying eyes' isn't going to work here. Notice the peak in the graph we see again below:

I begins on August 13 and ends on August 21, then Daily Deaths start to plummet.

I've been monitoring that graph since about mid to late August when I started seeing headlines like this one from NPR:

Florida Gov. DeSantis Expands Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Amid COVID-19 Spike

If you don't believe me ask the user here named Boges. I've been giving him updates on what's been happening in Florida for about a month., since the Governor decided to make monoclonal antibodies accessible to all Floridians.

So Bud, sorry but once more you are wrong. 

It's great news that there is an effective treatment against Covid.  

Given that anti-vaxers are so concerned about the side effects of the Covid Vaccine, I wondered about the side effects of Monoclonal antibodies.   For those who worry about side effects, Monoclonal antibodies are not risk free - the excerpt below is from a handout given to patients before they're given the monoclonal treatment: 

ASIRIVIMAB AND IMDEVIMAB? Possible side effects of casirivimab and imdevimab are:

• Allergic reactions. Allergic reactions can happen during and after infusion with casirivimab and imdevimab. Tell your healthcare provider or nurse, or get medical help right away if you get any of the following signs and symptoms of allergic reactions: fever, chills, low blood pressure, changes in your heartbeat, shortness of breath, wheezing, swelling of your lips, face, or throat, rash including hives, itching, headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating, muscle aches, dizziness and shivering.

The side effects of getting any medicine by vein may include brief pain, bleeding, bruising of the skin, soreness, swelling, and possible infection at the infusion site.

These are not all the possible side effects of casirivimab and imdevimab. Not a lot of people have been given casirivimab and imdevimab. Serious and unexpected side effects may happen. Casirivimab and imdevimab are still being studied so it is possible that all of the risks are not known at this time. It is possible that casirivimab and imdevimab could interfere with your body's own ability to fight off a future infection of SARS-CoV-2. Similarly, casirivimab and imdevimab may reduce your body’s immune response to a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2. Specific studies have not been conducted to address these possible risks. Talk to your healthcare provider if you have any questions.

People have even died from monoclonal antibody therapy, although it's extremely rate - just as dying from a Covid vaccine is extremely rare.

And while this therapy can reduce death and hospitalizations, it doesn't prevent them - people can still die from Covid, even if they get this therapy - according to one study, it reduces death by 6 people per 100.

The trial found that 24% of the people who received the experimental antibody treatment died, versus 30% in the group that did not. In a press release, RECOVERY trial investigators said this translates to six fewer deaths for every 100 people treated with the experimental drug.

Conversely, the chance of dying from Covid after getting the vaccine is far less than 1 in 100.

The data, gathered from December 8, 2020, through July 4, 2021, show that of more than 1.2 million adults who received a first dose, fewer than 0.5% reported contracting breakthrough infections two weeks or more after getting the jab. Among those who got both shots, fewer than 0.2% experienced a breakthrough infection a week or more after getting their second shot.

It astounds me that people who object to a vaccine because it is already known to have side effects, may have unknown side effects and isn't 100% effective and makes money for "Big Pharma"  embrace a treatment that has the same disadvantages, is less effective in preventing deaths and makes "Big Pharma" even more money.

Personally, I'm glad we have two effective tools to fight Covid: a vaccine to help prevent the disease and get us away from masks, social distancing and lockdowns, along with a treatment for those who get sick - whether because they cannot be vaccinated or the vaccination failed for them.  

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Yeah well it’s already been clearly established that you live in a right wing false reality where you can’t tell truth from fiction and believe all kinds of insane conspiracies about population control etc. So honestly your assessment of me or anything else while entertaining is pretty irrelevant  

Personally, I believe that you are the one that is living in a left wing liberal false and fraudulent reality. You are sick in the head because all you ever do is point out as to what is going on in red states like Florida but will not point out as to what is going on in blue states like Vermont. There is just as much covid flu going on in many blue states. Come on, give us some information on some of those states, will you? Stop showing your bias and hatred for conservative red states. 

It is quite obvious to me that you are a leftist liberal and it is CNN and MSNBC and their Canadian versions like CTV, CBC and Glo"Bull" where you are getting all of your lying and bull chit information from. All those TV channels that I mentioned above are all just pro leftist liberal democrat and very very anti-conservative.

So,go ahead and give us some stats on some of those blue states, will you? I await your leftist liberal reply, comrade. ?

You know what astounds me Di?

That you people who post links they've spent a few minutes gathering either don't read them or don't think I will.

Do you have a Television? Have you seen any those commercials Big Pharma are forced to offer for their medications that begin with "Possible side effects may include..."? Well even those are tons worse than the 'Possible allergic reactions, dizziness and chills you were hoping to frighten us with what you allege some might experience following some antibody treatments.

Speaking of 'some antibody treatments,' you found one where a treatment used to treat psoriasis was used as part of a cocktail of medications to treat somebody suffering from psoriatic arthritis. Apparently that person died (were not sure exactly when) sometime after the treatment.

Still not scared, but stay tuned, I'm going to scare you in a bit when I tell you about the kind of adverse reactions that have been experienced in some following covid vaccination shots including a lot more deaths than the one you were able to find for the psoriatic arthritis patient.

OK, so then you found a study and they found regeneron helped some patients but not as many as they would have liked. Did you read that one? Did you read the whole thing? They were treating severe cases. That isn't what you use regeneron for. You use it for early treatment. You use it to prevent the covid from developing into something severe. That's why Daily Deaths in Florida are plummeting. That's why the World Health Organization is recommending Regeneron for early treatment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10022831/WHO-recommends-Regenerons-Covid-antibody-treatment-patients-high-risk-hospitalized.html

That's why Biden is trying to horde the treatment to make sure Red States won't get too healthy, too quick using it.

Hang on I'm going to put something together on the adverse effects we've seen from vaccines to show you how ridiculous it is to try to compare them to anything that's been seen from monoclonal antibody treatments.

Edited by Infidel Dog

I have to go out so I won't be able to offer the extensive report on averse reactions from the vaccine I had planned, but we can start with the most recent report from VAERS. Then you can tell me why I shouldn't consider VAERS and I can tell you why you're wrong when I get back:

"

Data released Sept. 17 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that between Dec. 14, 2020 and Sept. 17, 2021, a total of 726,965 adverse events following COVID vaccines were reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The data included a total of 15,386 reports of deaths — an increase of 461 over the previous week.

There were 99,410 reports of serious injuries, including deaths, during the same time period — up 7,887 compared with the previous week.

Excluding “foreign reports” filed in VAERS, 569,294 adverse events, including 6,981 deaths and 44,481 serious injuries, were reported in the U.S. between Dec. 14, 2020 and Sept. 17, 2021.

Of the 6,981 U.S. deaths reported as of Sept. 17, 12% occurred within 24 hours of vaccination, 17% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination and 30% occurred in people who experienced an onset of symptoms within 48 hours of being vaccinated."

https://noqreport.com/2021/09/24/more-than-726000-covid-vaccine-injuries-reported-to-vaers-as-cdc-fda-overrule-advisory-committees-recommendations-on-third-pfizer-shot/

But if all you've got is an attack on the source above don't bother. Show me how the data in their links is wrong or don't bother me.

Edited by Infidel Dog

20 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Myself, I don't care if Beave wants to talk about Florida. I just wish he'd get his facts straight. Cases and deaths are plummeting since the Republican Governor started making revolutionary treatments available. 

I already explained how misinformed you are and you just ignored the inconvenient truth as usual

Those treatments he announced aren’t available yet….they were only just recently announced. Besides the deaths were sky high due to his mismanagement in the first place so trying to slow a massive death toll he caused doesn’t earn him a hero badge from me. 

20 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Myself, I don't care if Beave wants to talk about Florida. I just wish he'd get his facts straight. Cases and deaths are plummeting since the Republican Governor started making revolutionary treatments available. 

Monoclonal antibody treatments cost thousands plus the burden on hospitals while people are being treated. A Covid shot costs less than $30. Which do you think has the biggest profit margin for pharma?

You babble on about revolutionary treatments with absolutely no regard for what they cost.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

I already explained how misinformed you are and you just ignored the inconvenient truth as usual

Those treatments he announced aren’t available yet….they were only just recently announced. Besides the deaths were sky high due to his mismanagement in the first place so trying to slow a massive death toll he caused doesn’t earn him a hero badge from me. 

Wrong again. I did not ignore it. I just explained why you were wrong on your second attempt at attempting to tell people they didn't see the drop in the line on the graph following the peak at mid to late August that their eyes would clearly tell them they did see.

What are you hoping? That if you just keep telling them they don't see it they won't see it. Or are you hoping if you just keep telling people they don't see it eventually there will be a new page and they'll forget? Good luck with that one. I have Florida's Worldometer page bookmarked. The Covid death rate in Florida will still be dropping. The Governor was able to bypass Biden's attempt at hording the treatment and get some more from the UK. It will be interesting to watch the line on the Daily Deaths graph continue to plummet.

And speaking of things you keep pretending you didn't see or hear, I'm telling you for the third or fourth time now the treatments were not recently announced. I've been following Florida's use of the monoclonal antibody treatment since mid August. The death rate started to drop in late August. Daily Deaths is Florida yesterday were 8. There were 51 in California.

For God's sake Beave, I gave you a freaking link to an article from NPR from August 13 where they were talking about expanding access to the treatment. I'll make it easy for you. Here it is again\:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/13/1027370861/florida-gov-desantis-monoclonal-antibody-treatments-covid-19-spike

So all that stuff is above in plain sight for anybody to see who wants to see it. What are we supposed to do then? Admire your persistence in being wrong in the face of obvious evidence you are wrong, or something? You'll just be wrong about that too. It won't work.

Edited by Infidel Dog

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

trying to slow a massive death toll he caused doesn’t earn him a hero badge from me. 

FYI there are 3 states with higher death counts than Florida, and two of them have Demmie governors. One of those states even has a lower population than Florida, and Florida is a retirement state: over 20% of their population is over 65 years old, compared to California, which has less than 15% at 65+. (I'm not going to explain the correlation between age and covid deaths for you, but I'll give you the courtesy of advising you not to question the significance of this because you'll look like an idiot if you do).  

Have you ever made one post about Andrew Cuomo's seemingly intentional criminal conduct which resulted in deaths in NY State care homes? FYI he ordered infected patients to be sent back into care homes, and he forbade covid testing from being done on them. Then he had his minions fudge the covid death toll in care homes to cover his ass. That sounds a lot like biological warfare, but the leftist dolts who give people like you your marching orders didn't even care. They were more worried about him kissing girls on the cheek, or 1 or 2 potential ass-grabs. 

On 9/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, Infidel Dog said:

These leftist liberals are all alike and are always going after red states rather than blue states. According to what I read not too long ago is that Vermont is having plenty of problems with people getting covid. But to the beaver cleaver, well, I will just omit that little tid bit. I, beaver cleaver, much prefer to attack and mock red states just because they are red states, my enemy #1. ?

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI there are 3 states with higher death counts than Florida, and two of them have Demmie governors.

And the fourth is Texas. Texas is unique in the way the Biden regime is flooding infected illegals through the border without testing.

Children are better monitored so we know what's happening there and 20% of the kids in Texas facilities are infected.

I browse the American death rates pretty regular and my impression is the southern border states, in general, are in the top five for daily deaths. Texas is by far the worse but it's also the worse for illegals.

Alabama is a head-scratcher. Hospitalizations are steadily decreasing but daily deaths are steadily increasing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/hospitalizations-plummet-in-alabama-while-covid-deaths-continue-to-mount-week-in-review/ar-AAOO5Zf

We know the Biden boys (and girls) have been putting illegals on buses and shipping them to red states to help change elections. I suspect Alabama is a big recipient of those gifts.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

You know what astounds me Di?

That you people who post links they've spent a few minutes gathering either don't read them or don't think I will.

Do you have a Television? Have you seen any those commercials Big Pharma are forced to offer for their medications that begin with "Possible side effects may include..."? Well even those are tons worse than the 'Possible allergic reactions, dizziness and chills you were hoping to frighten us with what you allege some might experience following some antibody treatments.

Speaking of 'some antibody treatments,' you found one where a treatment used to treat psoriasis was used as part of a cocktail of medications to treat somebody suffering from psoriatic arthritis. Apparently that person died (were not sure exactly when) sometime after the treatment.

Still not scared, but stay tuned, I'm going to scare you in a bit when I tell you about the kind of adverse reactions that have been experienced in some following covid vaccination shots including a lot more deaths than the one you were able to find for the psoriatic arthritis patient.

OK, so then you found a study and they found regeneron helped some patients but not as many as they would have liked. Did you read that one? Did you read the whole thing? They were treating severe cases. That isn't what you use regeneron for. You use it for early treatment. You use it to prevent the covid from developing into something severe. That's why Daily Deaths in Florida are plummeting. That's why the World Health Organization is recommending Regeneron for early treatment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10022831/WHO-recommends-Regenerons-Covid-antibody-treatment-patients-high-risk-hospitalized.html

That's why Biden is trying to horde the treatment to make sure Red States won't get too healthy, too quick using it.

Hang on I'm going to put something together on the adverse effects we've seen from vaccines to show you how ridiculous it is to try to compare them to anything that's been seen from monoclonal antibody treatments.

Indeed. I always enjoy watching all those commercials put out on TV by big pharma where big pharma always says that "there may be some side effects from using our new and wonderful miraculous, guaranteed to make you feel a lot better, drug".

But do not worry because we also have another new drug that will counter the effects of that new drug. Chuckle. I know of a woman who ended up with a medicine cabinet full of drugs that were given to her by her doctor to try and counter those other drugs that were making her feel ill after she started to take the first one. I saw her deteriorate quite a lot over the months. Big pharma and her doctor pretty much turned her into a drug addict. 

So, just what the hell is supposed to be in those new drugs anyway where those new drugs that are giving to someone may cause some side effects? They probably have some of the same ingredients that the covid vaccines have in them which of course as we all have heard by now that there has been many incidents of people who have suffered greatly after they took their covid vaccine jabs that either ended up very sick, ended up disabled or have died. Our society today has become a society depending on drugs. ?

39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI there are 3 states with higher death counts than Florida, and two of them have Demmie governors. One of those states even has a lower population than Florida, and Florida is a retirement state: over 20% of their population is over 65 years old, compared to California, which has less than 15% at 65+. (I'm not going to explain the correlation between age and covid deaths for you, but I'll give you the courtesy of advising you not to question the significance of this because you'll look like an idiot if you do).  

Have you ever made one post about Andrew Cuomo's seemingly intentional criminal conduct which resulted in deaths in NY State care homes? FYI he ordered infected patients to be sent back into care homes, and he forbade covid testing from being done on them. Then he had his minions fudge the covid death toll in care homes to cover his ass. That sounds a lot like biological warfare, but the leftist dolts who give people like you your marching orders didn't even care. They were more worried about him kissing girls on the cheek, or 1 or 2 potential ass-grabs. 

Since 2021 began there has been approx. a million illegals, mostly from Haiti, from all over the world crossing the border from Mexico into states like Texas and Arizona where most of these illegals are no doubt bringing in brand new diseases with them. They are no doubt also bringing in the covid virus with them also.

They then get to be distributed around America where most of them are sent to mostly red states where the BiDumb dumbocrats can use them as an excuse to jack up the covid stats in states like Florida and Texas and make it appear as though there is a pandemic going on in those red states. It's probably because of the illegals that those covid stats are on the rise.  

Cuomo is just one of the gang of untouchable dumbocrats that will never face criminal charges for his handling and involvement in the deaths of over 15,000 elderly people dying from his what he had done. Most of those elderly people were all fine until they were given those covid vaccine shots. Then they all started to die like flies on sticky paper. It is really sad, and the use of these experimental covid vaccines on innocent gullible people are crimes against humanity as to what our pro globalist politicians are doing to their citizen's. They all pretty much appear to be members of big pharma "Murder Inc" now. These covid vaccines appear to be bio-weapon like vaccines or so the rumor goes. ?

• Like 1

And this is what a super spreader of illegals looks like in Dal Rio Texas.

mexico-border-migrants1.jpg

And here's what's happening with them:

Team Biden has cleared out the vast encampment under that bridge in Del Rio, Texas — but only by waving many of the Haitian migrants into the nation’s interior with papers granting them the right to stay.

At least 2,000 took buses to Houston; hundreds more flew out of San Antonio to cities including New York.

Yes, the administration has chartered flights to send another couple thousand back to Haiti — even though most of these migrants had been living for years in Chile and Brazil: They’d only moved north after a few pioneers reported that it had become easy to enter the United States.

The White House is being cagey about just how many have been allowed to stay, but since the camp had reached about 15,000 people, it could easily be most of them.

And the successful will send word back: If you tell US officials such-and-such, you’ll get to stay. That guarantees another wave will hit soon enough, just as the many Latin Americans that Team Biden has similarly waved through (the administration still refuses to share how many) are spreading their own news.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/24/biden-cleared-out-del-rio-camp-by-letting-most-haitians-in-guaranteeing-more-crises-down-the-line/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh, and Aristides if you really are concerned about the expense of Monoclonal antibody treatments you must be really pissed at Joe Biden for buying up all the American doses to horde them after he saw the success DeSantis was having keeping the citizens of Florida out of the hospital with the treatments.

Actually he bought them to prevent hoarding by states like Florida. Seven southern US states(including Florida) had bought up 70% of the supply.

At the beginning of the month, Florida was one of the five states with 90% ICU beds occupied. So much for keeping people out of hospital.

Edited by Aristides

The Blue states had no interest in therapeutics until Florida started to have success with them. Regeneron was in the beginning stages of being offered at that time. There should be plenty now. And there would be if Biden hadn't started to worry the Red states would start to look too successful. So he bought up the existing supply and now he sits on it.

Nice to see you notice monoclonals' success as a treatment though. 

Haven't been hearing about all the deaths, neurological, heart and skin disorders with MCAs that we've been hearing about with the vaccine either, so that's nice.

Sure wish they'd start to offer it where I am. Well, you can get it with the right doctor if he'll put you on the list for trials.

In Florida you just walk in the door and ask. They'll give you some if you've been diagnosed Covid positive.

22 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Cuomos mismanagement and his other misdeeds were well-covered by the so-called “liberal media “ and his resignation was even celebrated by some liberal op-eds. Not that you would know from inside your bubble.

And all of that pales in comparison to the epic Republican mismanagement that is occurring, especially considering that we a year and a half into the pandemic so there’s been plenty of time to learn from other peoples mistakes