This is the liberals climate change plan, one that is embraced by the left, is this the best option.

Army Guy

This is the climate change plan that is endorsed by the majority of Canadians, and while the video addresses the liberals plan, the NDP and Green Party plans are much more aggressive, in fact bordering on insane. And the new Liberal plan is much more aggressive than originally planed or should i say promised.... then on a whim they just changed the plan and direction...with "NO" real ceiling of taxes that could be imposed. And most Canadians are good with this...in fact they would not have it any other way...

But as mentioned on this video By a ex liberal MP i might add the plan is not sustainable without doing  a lot of damage to the economy.. We are willing to do what ever it takes to meet our goals, even if it means most items will be outpriced by poor and middle class Canadians. some will have to make choices either to heat their home, or eat , or find alternative sources to do both... and while we make these sacrifices, is the rest of the world going to follow suit or are we just going to be inflicting this pain and suffering so we can feel good about ourselves...

My question is this are we going to attain any of these real goals set out in the Paris accords, and by what percentage of all this tax collected going into new research for replacement of fossil fuels. or funding projects to reduce our carbon foot print. We already know that a majority of it is being handed back to tax payers as a tax credit, so what happens to the rest of it ? and is it the best use of these early sacrifices in taxes.

Is it the best plan available ?, i mean i could never understand the thought process to just tax the shit out of something, therefore reducing our total use of fossil fuels by making it unaffordable for most. When most political parties say they are interested in making things more affordable for lower and middle income groups.... .. Keeping in mind we live in a vast country where a good portion of the population do not live in major city centers, we also live in a country where fossil fuels heat our homes, produce electricity, transport every good we know of, fuels our emergence services , policing, fire and rescue, it makes everything we need or want more expensive not just fossil fuels. 

Most of the major party plans revolve almost entirely around more taxation, the carrot and stick approach without the carrot. They ignore the dismal record of places like China so at the end of the day, what Canada does won't make a difference. Higher immigration levels to Canada will result in more of a carbon footprint. Even as Trudeau seeks to kill the oil and gas sector in Canada the dynamic of which provinces have to carry the financial load will not change. Western provinces and Ontario will always have to shoulder the economic burden for "model" provinces like Quebec. These plans are centered around taxation not innovation.

Wind turbines and solar panels. Seriously?

• Like 1

You have to first start by accepting nothing we do is going to make the least difference to the level of CO2 in the world. We're just not that big and only contribute 1.5% of CO2. And the levels being put out by the developing world are growing by leaps and bounds, completely eclipsing the cuts made by the developed world. Hundreds of coal fired power plants are being built as you read this.

So our efforts are not really about accomplishing anything so much as looking good. The goals the Liberals recently increased are not really achievable, especially given we're adding 400k people every year from immigration. That's more than four million more people in the next ten years. That's going to pump out a lot more CO2.

But this is the style over substance government. The goals are meant to be impressive. That we won't actually achieve them is not really relevant. 

• Like 2

In my city, they announced they are going to impose a compost collection system where everyone will be required to put their kitchen waste and leftover food in a paper bag and then in a special container which will be picked up regularly.  This allegedly is to reduce the CO2 emissions in the landfill, which one councilor claims is 3879 tons of CO2 per year.  According to a federal government website, Canada emits a total of 750 megatons per year or 750,000,000 tons.  China emits 12,355 megatons per year or 12,355,000,000 tons.  So Canada emits 186,904 times as much CO2 as this landfill emits from kitchen compost or waste.  This is nothing.  How much do rotting carcasses of wild animals and sea life emit across the world?  Yet the town is forcing residents to collect this compost and going to charge us $4 a month to do it.  This will make absolutely no difference to climate change.  Canada emits 1.5% of the world's CO2.  If you divide 1.5% of the worlds total CO2 emissions by 186,904 you will get an idea how little CO2 this landfill emits.  This is such a small amount it is next to nothing.  Worse than that is the fact that the hundreds or thousands of villages, towns and cities in the rest of the world will not be forced to do this.  The other 7.5 billion people on the planet will not be collecting their kitchen waste and saving it in a separate container and paying their town $4 a month to do it.  Not to mention the stink this rotting food will make.  It is not permitted to be stored in plastic bags because they are not compostable.  Must be stored in paper bags. This may be just the second in a series of things, after carbon taxes, that climate activists and alarmists will do to us.  There is no end of Orwellian regulations and charges they could impose on citizens for various things they dream up in their war on the climate.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

And yet everything that is happening around the globe is blamed on climate change, wild fires, hurricanes, floods, droughts, shit 10 years ago it was fossil fuels where running out.... now nobody wants them, but the panic that they are disappearing is gone.... And yet when we are looking at the weather network and comparing all our record temperatures, most of these records date back to the early 1900 s, was climate change even a thing back then, Are wild fires , hurricanes , floods a new thing... they have been happening since man has kept records, but we are lead to believe they are worse now, and yet history clearly shows record breaking floods, fires and droughts have been worse dozens of decades before.

So what gives... The media is constantly reminding us it is all because of climate change...the ocean levels are rising and threating low lying cities and countries.... until we hear how fast they are rising cm's each year.... I've already started building a boat, and collecting the animals 2 by 2.... We are told don't question any of it it is all based in science...but then again with so much fake news in the world today, what is the truth and what is not, I'm told anything that says climate change is not happening is false start there....   as both sides of the coin are represented... and when you question it , any of it, your labeled a denier. Shit we even find ourselves starting the conversation with yes i know climate change is real, but... I have some questions... your shouted down like some lunatic.

"They" or the "government" have been lying to us since time began, why are we so fast to believe everything they tell us...Science they tell us, because they have been right 100 % of the time as well, science once said the earth was flat, or the moon was made from cheese, or witch craft ran rampant and we burned them at the stake... 

Like we can lower gun violence through banning fire arms and yet more people are killed or maimed by drunk drivers but NO ONE is even thinking about banning beer and booze, It's not the same they will scream... no gun bans are being done for our safety....drinking and driving is a national sport thats the difference, just like fossil fuels, or pipe lines, or social programs, 3 million genders, and our entire nation is full of systematic racists. and you need to jump on the BLM movement...or once again your just a white privileged male dick head...OK i am a dick head i'll give you that....but come on when did we start thinking for ourselves.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, Army Guy said:

This is the climate change plan that is endorsed by the majority of Canadians, and while the video addresses the liberals plan, the NDP and Green Party plans are much more aggressive, in fact bordering on insane. And the new Liberal plan is much more aggressive than originally planed or should i say promised.... then on a whim they just changed the plan and direction...with "NO" real ceiling of taxes that could be imposed. And most Canadians are good with this...in fact they would not have it any other way...

But as mentioned on this video By a ex liberal MP i might add the plan is not sustainable without doing  a lot of damage to the economy.. We are willing to do what ever it takes to meet our goals, even if it means most items will be outpriced by poor and middle class Canadians. some will have to make choices either to heat their home, or eat , or find alternative sources to do both... and while we make these sacrifices, is the rest of the world going to follow suit or are we just going to be inflicting this pain and suffering so we can feel good about ourselves...

My question is this are we going to attain any of these real goals set out in the Paris accords, and by what percentage of all this tax collected going into new research for replacement of fossil fuels. or funding projects to reduce our carbon foot print. We already know that a majority of it is being handed back to tax payers as a tax credit, so what happens to the rest of it ? and is it the best use of these early sacrifices in taxes.

Is it the best plan available ?, i mean i could never understand the thought process to just tax the shit out of something, therefore reducing our total use of fossil fuels by making it unaffordable for most. When most political parties say they are interested in making things more affordable for lower and middle income groups.... .. Keeping in mind we live in a vast country where a good portion of the population do not live in major city centers, we also live in a country where fossil fuels heat our homes, produce electricity, transport every good we know of, fuels our emergence services , policing, fire and rescue, it makes everything we need or want more expensive not just fossil fuels. 

Nice scare video.  "Gas is going be over $2.00/liter, it will be too expensive to drive vehicles."   LOL, I spent the summer of 2014 driving over 12,000 km across Western Europe.   Gas was roughly $2.60CDN/Liter, AND the Southern countries all had toll highways, that cost I believe about 0.15CDN/kilometer if memory serves.   The highways were still packed.

What we should be doing is making public transit free.  There would be good savings on fare collection, it would (greatly?) increase ridership, thus creating savings in road maintenance, less pollution, etc..  

15 hours ago, Galloway said:

Nice scare video.  "Gas is going be over $2.00/liter, it will be too expensive to drive vehicles."   LOL, I spent the summer of 2014 driving over 12,000 km across Western Europe.   Gas was roughly $2.60CDN/Liter, AND the Southern countries all had toll highways, that cost I believe about 0.15CDN/kilometer if memory serves.   The highways were still packed.

What we should be doing is making public transit free.  There would be good savings on fare collection, it would (greatly?) increase ridership, thus creating savings in road maintenance, less pollution, etc..  

What is your point, that none of what the video points out is going to come to reality... First off i am sure the video target audience is not people who could afford to travel 12000 km across Europe.

But rather the Average Canadian who are struggling to pay bills now, when fuel prices are just over 1.30 a liter....It also takes a look at how the prices of everything else has risen as of today like 45.00 for a 2 medium size steaks at the local ,everything has gone up most of it 30 % since the Carbon taxers kicked in....and they are only going to get higher... and now i can hardly wait until the price of fuel goes up another 70 cents a liter...How much is that going to drive up costs of everything...

People here in the Maritimes are already having to choose between eating or heating their homes... most older folks can barely able to afford hamburger meat...let alone a 45 dollar steak...right now they are not worried about climate change, they are worried about paying the bills and staying in their homes...Lets not forget that every Canadian does not enjoy the same standard of living across the board. 

Will the roads still be used sure, they will we all don't share the luxury of enjoying mass transportation, or living in the city with ride share programs...here in the country you don't get to work you don't get paid, and in the winter, it snows a shit ton with out a 4 wheel drive truck you are not getting to work... last year i used more than 1/2 of my vacation days on winter storms... 

Edited by Army Guy