Anti vaccine passport protesters in BC harassed, verbally abused health care workers and blocked hospital access to sick people.

Disgusting!!!!.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vaccine-passport-protest-1.6161817

The protests were organized by Canadian Frontline Nurses, a group founded by two Ontario nurses who have promoted conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and attended rallies in the U.S. for those who think the pandemic is a "fraud." In posters for the event, dubbed "worldwide walkout," the group urged supporters to "stand up for freedom" and "reject the tyranny of mandatory vaccines." 

Protesters carried signs with slogans criticizing vaccine passports as a form of discrimination and chanted "freedom" and "crimes against humanity."

By the early evening, one health authority was reporting a physical assault against a health-care worker. Island Health's president and CEO Kathy MacNeil said some of the protests on Vancouver Island had disrupted people's safe access to health care.

Members of Island Health care teams were verbally abused as they came to and left work during these protests, and in at least one case, a health-care team member was physically assaulted," MacNeil said in a written statement.

"What happened to our health-care teams today is not acceptable to me nor to the people and communities they serve. Our health-care teams deserve respect and support, no matter what personal beliefs we hold."

Health Minister Adrian Dix described the protests as "despicable."

"The nature of the protest to disrupt people when they go to hospital, people who are going there for surgery or for other circumstances, or to visit loved ones or to be with loved ones when they pass away, to have a protest there is really not acceptable behaviour," he said. 

As always, it depends on who's telling the story.

Here's a different version of the same story.

"

Thousands of Canadian nurses and healthcare workers took to the streets Wednesday to protest against vaccine mandates and take a stand against “medical tyranny.” The protests, organized by Canadian Frontline Nurses (CFN), were held in 18 cities across Canada on the same day the Ontario government announced its plans to impose a vaccine passport in the coming weeks."

Healthcare workers protest against COVID-19 vaccine mandates and “medical tyranny”

As to the protest signs...apparently the CBC wants to diss them but doesn't want you to see them. Me, I'm not afraid of them. Let's have a look and see what the CBC finds so objectionable.

website-nurses1-696x365.jpg

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 3

All the news media and agencies report the OP version of protests and you search and found one unknown news source to counter all others!!!!!!. Seriously fraudulent and flawed like again anti vaxers show their nature. Fraudulent, violent, selfish, entitled............

Go to hell, BC leaders message to violent protesters who abuse the right to protest.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/go-the-hell-home-b-c-leaders-condemn-anti-vaccine-passport-protests/

Health care workers have taken to social media to share their experiences. Posts detail how the protests brought health care workers to tears, distressed patients and family members visiting loved ones, prevented patients from accessing cancer treatment and blocked ambulances from accessing emergency rooms.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

In my personal experience this is not unusual, there are a fair number of nurses, doctors and technicians who refuse vaccines.

Lets not forget they’re the same people who worked to save lives before there was a vaccine. They had no problems.

As I said their training is in infection control and risk management. They know a lot more about viral transmission than most people.

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

You forgot something. I fixed it for you.

Yeah only yours is not paid. The usual conspiracy people anti-vaxers. All governments in the whole world and all the experts in the field are in together in order to conspire and get a shot into your arm!!!!!. Make sure aliens don't kidnap you. They are here among us in human form trying to take over our planet.

Vaxxers need to figure out what this is all about. It's not so much anti-vaccine but giving the government too much authority over everyday lives. There is no need for this, and my concern is what else these "passports" or whatever they are called could become.

The way it is being rolled out is unfair too. I don't like that some provinces haven't done anything to help people who are medically ineligible for vaccines. It's like condemning people to lose their jobs and other livelihood. We can do better than that.

Given that we are in the top 15 countries in the world for vaccine rate, and this was voluntary, all we needed to do was keep it up and find more ways to promote the vaccines. We don't need to go all Big Government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Vaxxers need to figure out what this is all about. It's not so much anti-vaccine but giving the government too much authority over everyday lives.

Governments always have had authority over our lives, Every day we have to obey hundreds of laws mandated by our Parliamentary system. That is why in a democracy we elect governments to make the tough decisions on our behalf otherwise if each citizen obey what they like and disobey what they don't like then it would be chaos and disorderly. There are some laws that I don't like either but I have to obey because our elected representatives have mandated them. This is the essence of democracy not a tyranny as some anti-vaxers trying to misrepresent or dictatorship. The elected governments mandated vaccine passports and like other laws all citizens have to obey.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

7 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The elected governments mandated vaccine passports and like other laws all citizens have to obey.

In this country we have the right to speak and to shape the laws so that they are fair, its justice. We must not let it decay into totalitarianism. 

The government are not all-knowing and can make mistakes. They have made several in this already, including errors un message about AZ, and mixing baccines.

We know the government is not a pure and virtuous entity, it is corrupted by money and politics, and this corruption even affects the decision-making about corona.

Those issues are simply about power and trust. Then there is the technical side of the argument which does not support a universal mandate as well.

In no case should anyone who is unable to be vaccinated be left to suffer their lives in isolation. The government must help to accommodate them. Even if it costs money.

Here is your government authority and control, it's inhumane. This is what happens when people start screaming for these new laws that must be followed without question.

You do not have the right to visit your loved ones, no matter what the situation. You do have the right to die in isolation and sorrow.

https://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/u-s-resident-caught-sneaking-across-border-to-visit-dying-mom-in-sarnia/wcm/b7fcbb98-3a7d-4359-ac1a-80d3a298148d

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Governments always have had authority over our lives, Every day we have to obey hundreds of laws mandated by our Parliamentary system. That is why in a democracy we elect governments to make the tough decisions on our behalf otherwise if each citizen obey what they like and disobey what they don't like then it would be chaos and disorderly. There are some laws that I don't like either but I have to obey because our elected representatives have mandated them. This is the essence of democracy not a tyranny as some anti-vaxers trying to misrepresent or dictatorship. The elected governments mandated vaccine passports and like other laws all citizens have to obey.

I’m not an anti-vaxer yet I still think governments must be accountable for their actions and that individual liberty is extremely precious, fragile, and in need of vigilant protection, especially with a growing population and as China gains more influence.  

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

In this country we have the right to speak and to shape the laws so that they are fair, its justice. We must not let it decay into totalitarianism. 

The government are not all-knowing and can make mistakes. They have made several in this already, including errors un message about AZ, and mixing baccines.

We know the government is not a pure and virtuous entity, it is corrupted by money and politics, and this corruption even affects the decision-making about corona.

Those issues are simply about power and trust. Then there is the technical side of the argument which does not support a universal mandate as well.

In no case should anyone who is unable to be vaccinated be left to suffer their lives in isolation. The government must help to accommodate them. Even if it costs money.

You are not the only one in this country, I am in this country too and I know how it works. We democratically elect a government for a certain period of time to make decisions on our behalf and good of majority. If they made mistake we do not re-elect them and kick them out.

People have the right to protest decisions made by the government peacefully but they have no right to block hospitals and attack or insult hard working life saving Health care workers.

There is a clause that if anyone can prove medical reason that person will not be forced to vaccinate, however 6 million eligible Canadians have refused to vaccinate most without any medical reason and as a result thousands of people are catching the disease every day and many are dying. This is not acceptable.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m not an anti-vaxer yet I still think governments must be accountable for their actions and that individual liberty is extremely precious, fragile, and in need of vigilant protection, especially with a growing population and as China gains more influence.  

This is extraordinary situation that may happen once in a century. No one is forced to vaccinate however, if they choose not to vaccinate then certain places are off limits to them in order to protect others. This is not against anyone's liberty and will save many lives and hence i support it.

13 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is extraordinary situation that may happen once in a century. No one is forced to vaccinate however, if they choose not to vaccinate then certain places are off limits to them in order to protect others. This is not against anyone's liberty and will save many lives and hence i support it.

You’re too faithful in vaccines.  They help but aren’t a cure-all.  Unrestricted Sweden is doing better now than hyper-vaccinated Israel because the Scandinavians are generally very active and healthy relative to other countries.  It’s about immunity.   Yes encourage vaccination and extra protection for the vulnerable.  Treat the ill and take personal responsibility to be careful.  Time to remove restrictions and move on from Covid.  We’re letting an acceptable risk cripple us.  Mortality rates were much higher 50 years ago and people kept calm and carried on.

16 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re too faithful in vaccines.  They help but aren’t a cure-all.  Unrestricted Sweden is doing better now than hyper-vaccinated Israel because the Scandinavians are generally very active and healthy relative to other countries.  It’s about immunity.   Yes encourage vaccination and extra protection for the vulnerable.  Treat the ill and take personal responsibility to be careful.  Time to remove restrictions and move on from Covid.  We’re letting an acceptable risk cripple us.  Mortality rates were much higher 50 years ago and people kept calm and carried on.

I didn't say it is a cure. It is a vaccine,  but it is very effective.

They calculate full vaccination generates an 86 per cent relative reduction in risk of infection, 96 per cent relative reduction in risk of hospitalization and a 97 per cent relative reduction in risk of ICU admission

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-811-new-covid-19-cases-3-additional-deaths-1.5574239

I follow the advice of experts in the field all saying vaccines are effective.

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I didn't say it is a cure. It is a vaccine,  but it is very effective.

They calculate full vaccination generates an 86 per cent relative reduction in risk of infection, 96 per cent relative reduction in risk of hospitalization and a 97 per cent relative reduction in risk of ICU admission

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-811-new-covid-19-cases-3-additional-deaths-1.5574239

I follow the advice of experts in the field all saying vaccines are effective.

Yes, but then what?  After everyone who isn’t a hold out gets vaccinated there will still be infections and deaths from Covid, whether or not there are restrictions.  We have to return to normal life.  Can you handle that?  I can. I’m not worried about Covid anymore for my family, friends, or the wider society.  I worry about whether we’ll ever get out of masking and restrictions.  That’s a bigger challenge than Covid going forward.  The hospitals will be fine, especially after this push to get vaccinated through mandates and passports.  There are vocal fearful people and irresponsible journalists who are fueling restrictions.  I don’t see that ending even after this big vaccination push. Leaders will need the courage to say, that’s it for restrictions.  We have to live with the risks.

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 9/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

All the news media and agencies report the OP version of protests and you search and found one unknown news source to counter all others!!!!!!. Seriously fraudulent and flawed like again anti vaxers show their nature. Fraudulent, violent, selfish, entitled............

I think you start sounding violent, selfish and entitled.

If you want the vaccine; take it, I am not stopping you.

If someone else does not want to take it, I will respect their wish and not intimidate them through:

1 - Propaganda

2 - Limiting their freedoms by not letting them use publicservices

3 - Threatening their incomes by telling them they will be fired and in that case would not even qualify for EI

What is currently happening is insane!

2 hours ago, cougar said:

What is currently happening is insane!

Yes like insulting or assaulting health care workers and blocking the sick and pregnant from reaching hospitals by blocking their access.

If they don't agree with decisions made then protest where decisions are made which is not hospitals. Hospitals do not make or enforce these decisions so why the hell you protest there where patients are recovering or resting or trying to reach and attack or insult people who take care of them. Protest at the legislator or Parliament where these decisions are made not hospitals, THIS IS WHAT IS INSANE.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015