Why are liberals leaving Justins side in droves...

1 hour ago, Argus said:

1. Because as long as you have been on this site I have considered you a hard-core Liberal supporter, and you've never written anything which has led me to doubt that.

2. Like whom?

3. I don't really even like O'Toole, but I don't see any alternative for a conservative to vote for.

4. You are in Toronto. And the Greens are busy destroying each other over transgenderism, racism and Israel.

5. Like what?

6. That suggests you live in a bubble made up almost entirely, if not entirely, of people on the Left.

7. That's an odd self-selected group of friends and acquaintances for a conservative to have.

8. My best friends are a Liberal and a Conservative ...

9. but I have many acquaintances and friends all across the political spectrum. I don't choose friends - or posts to read - by their politics.

1.  I hold small 'l' liberal values, support environmental conservation and investing in people.  For your information, I just searched all my posts on here that include references to the Liberals, and out of 61 there was not one positive mention singling out the Liberals and plenty of negative ones.  I have been clear on my feelings about the Liberals - their advantages, and their disadvantages, so sorry if you misconstrued.
2. Some ones.  I'm a fan of pragmatism and hate dumb politics and identity politics.  John Tory, Larry Grossman, Hugh Segal have some pragmatic ideas.  I warmed to Mulroney's ideas eventually although I didn't ever like the man.  I'm big on religious rights also.  I was never quite 'down' with or 'down on' Stephen Harper except for a few blind spots like destroying planet earth and charging destitute people to have babies.     
3. He's not a bad candidate at all.  
4. Ok, and I can still vote for them though.
5. Conservation, freedom, religious rights and investing our money wisely.
6. I live in Toronto, yes.
7. Do you select your friends by who they vote for ?  I am friends with Libertarians, hard leftists (I think), Red Tories, Conservatives... even though I live in Toronto.
8. You are friends with a Liberal ?  By 'friends' do you mean you offer to drive him to the hospital after you beat him to a pulp daily ?
9. Me too, but my IRL friends are likely 90% Liberal and NDP.  Nobody swoons over any politician as far as I can tell.  I think maybe my crowd swooned when Bob Rae became premier and if you remember how that went then it may tell you why nobody my age looks at politicians to save them or make real change.   

Maybe you can find some inconsistencies in what I have said, but I am surprised you consider me a 'hard core' Liberal supporter given that I haven't really praised them.  I have voted for them as 'least worst' and I liked Paul Martin but I have voted for all stripes in the past. 

Loud anti vaxxers aside, IMO people are leaving because of

his narcistic arrogance in calling an unnecessary election during Covid 

Finally caught on to his lies and broken promises

People are walking up to the fact that Trudeau is dishonest and cannot/will not tell the truth

His poor handling of the Afghan situation

IMO he is also lagging because people are now hearing O'Toole and his platform more clearly and like what they hear and see.     I believe he will try to form a coalition government with Singh, how long that lasts, who knows.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hmmm... so you seem to be saying they're not biased... at the moment at least.

Seems to me if they were as Liberal as some claim they would be trying hard to defeat O'Toole

O'Toole is a Liberal in Conservative clothing

which is what the CBC is praising him for

cucking on climate change

they don't care that much which Liberal wins, just that someone pushing the Liberal agenda wins

if you can't see that CBC is biased, it's because you share their bias

hell even many who share their bias know they are biased, which just makes your blindness to it that much more suspect

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. they don't care that much which Liberal wins, just that someone pushing the Liberal agenda wins

2. if you can't see that CBC is biased, it's because you share their bias

3. hell even many who share their bias know they are biased, which just makes your blindness to it that much more suspect

1. Ok so they are biased towards the 96% of voters who don't support the PPC. 
2. No, I just identified it in #1.
3. I will give the "rights without responsibilities" people, ie. you, the right to vote how they like and spew whatever they like to the limits of causing damage.  Enjoy it.

50 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

O'Toole is a Liberal in Conservative clothing

which is what the CBC is praising him for

cucking on climate change

they don't care that much which Liberal wins, just that someone pushing the Liberal agenda wins

if you can't see that CBC is biased, it's because you share their bias

hell even many who share their bias know they are biased, which just makes your blindness to it that much more suspect

What's your point?

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

What's your point?

that CBC will reward O'Toole for making the Conservatives push a Liberal agenda

and punish him when he doesn't do that

because the CBC are in the bag for the Liberal agenda

they want to incentivize the Conservatives to cuck even more than they already have

and it's working

Edited by Yzermandius19

The Liberals fired Major General Danny Fortin because of a 32 year old allegation he had exposed himself to a girl while in college. Trudeau sanctimoniously proclaimed he has a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment the day after a Tory candidate quit over an allegation he tried to put his hand under a woman's skirt at a party.

Then it's pointed out to him one of his candidates had multiple complaints of sexual harassment from four different women and suddenly, oh, well, those bitches must have experienced things differently.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/election-2021/liberals-allow-ontario-mp-to-run-for-re-election-despite-harassment-allegations

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I am surprised you consider me a 'hard core' Liberal supporter given that I haven't really praised them.  I have voted for them as 'least worst' and I liked Paul Martin but I have voted for all stripes in the past. 

If you disagree at all with what a conservative here posts, you are, by default, a hardcore Liberal who would never vote anything but Liberal.  Doesn't matter if you explain repeatedly that you have voted Conservative or if you criticize JT, you've been shoved into a box and you'll never escape.  That has been my experience here.  Partisans can't seem to believe it's possible not to attach to a party till death detaches them. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, dialamah said:

1. If you disagree at all with what a conservative here posts, you are, by default, a hardcore Liberal who would never vote anything but Liberal. 
2.Doesn't matter if you explain repeatedly that you have voted Conservative or if you criticize JT, you've been shoved into a box and you'll never escape.  That has been my experience here.  Partisans can't seem to believe it's possible not to attach to a party till death detaches them. 

1. Ha ha...
2. Such is life in binary world.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ha ha...
2. Such is life in binary world.

Let's take a second to remember Jim Flaherty, Harper's Finance Minister who voted for Transgender Rights in 2013.

Of course, he is a maniac, a Liberal... sorry a PostModernNeoMarxist and an idiot.

Likewise, Thomas Mulcair, who advocated for a balanced budget, is a neo-con corporate rightist liar... etc. etc. zzzzzzz...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Hey everybody!  Michael Hardner votes Conservative . . . . 

Leonard Cohen's  'Hallelujah' . . . . playing softly in the background, as angelic Brian Mulroney entities rise to the heavens.  Like a Cheshire . . . 

He did not actually say he'd ever voted conservative. Just that he could one day, perhaps, in the fullness of time.

• Haha 1

Just now, Argus said:

He did not actually say he'd ever voted conservative. Just that he could one day, perhaps, in the fullness of time.

True.  In fact I said "I have voted for all stripes in the past. "  I can't recall if I put an X beside the name of a local Conservative or PC Candidate... but if I'm conservative I must have right ? ?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, dialamah said:

If you disagree at all with what a conservative here posts, you are, by default, a hardcore Liberal who would never vote anything but Liberal.  Doesn't matter if you explain repeatedly that you have voted Conservative or if you criticize JT, you've been shoved into a box and you'll never escape.  That has been my experience here.  Partisans can't seem to believe it's possible not to attach to a party till death detaches them. 

Oh yes, yes, you are so much better than us. Being a rabid ideologue is far more noble than being the halfhearted supporter of the only party which seems capable of running the place competently.

In sha'Allah

• Haha 1

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

True.  In fact I said "I have voted for all stripes in the past. "  I can't recall if I put an X beside the name of a local Conservative or PC Candidate... but if I'm conservative I must have right ? ?

One would logically expect that someone who is a conservative would usually vote conservative.

Not being able to remember doing so would seem to throw your self-designation into some doubt.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Oh yes, yes, you are so much better than us. Being a rabid ideologue is far more noble than being the halfhearted supporter of the only party which seems capable of running the place competently.

Rabid ideologue.  Here I am - not voting Liberal because they've screwed up so many  things   I'm even considering O'Toole because of his consideration of the environment and his realism in the plan to reduce the deficit over ten years.  I voted for Harper, too, in the past.  Doesn't seem like the actions of a "rabid ideologue".

Anyway, if you are a half-hearted Conservative, why should my opinion of partisans bother you?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

In sha'Allah

Why must you be so ridiculous.

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

Rabid ideologue.  Here I am - not voting Liberal because they've screwed up so many  things   I'm even considering O'Toole because of his consideration of the environment and his realism in the plan to reduce the deficit over ten years.  I voted for Harper, too, in the past.  Doesn't seem like the actions of a "rabid ideologue".

Anyway, if you are a half-hearted Conservative, why should my opinion of partisans bother you?

Well we all make mistakes and it would be all too sweet to watch the poser Justin fall on his own sword.

He probably wouldn't even bleed out- no guts. Man's an empty shell of a being...

17 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Well we all make mistakes and it would be all too sweet to watch the poser Justin fall on his own sword.

I think that's the term for metaphorical hari-kari.  No, this is more like "blew up in his face".  Classic Liberal hubris à la David Peterson.  O'Toole seems to be driving the purists out of the Conservative party though and pushing the PPC skyward towards double-digit support... or half-way there anyway.

Don't ever bet on feeling good in politics is my advice.  Commuppence never seems as sweet as the pain of defeat is my experience.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think that's the term for metaphorical hari-kari.  No, this is more like "blew up in his face".  Classic Liberal hubris à la David Peterson.  O'Toole seems to be driving the purists out of the Conservative party though and pushing the PPC skyward towards double-digit support... or half-way there anyway.

Don't ever bet on feeling good in politics is my advice.  Commuppence never seems as sweet as the pain of defeat is my experience.  

The purists are mostly anti-abortion, and will not find a home in the PPC. A lot of them are from out West, too, and will have no love of a party with a very Quebecois leader. The only thing the PPC really has going for it is their promise to lower immigration. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

1. The purists are mostly anti-abortion, and will not find a home in the PPC.
2. A lot of them are from out West, too, and will have no love of a party with a very Quebecois leader.
3. The only thing the PPC really has going for it is their promise to lower immigration. 

1. 2. I don't hear any of them dissing the PPC.
3. Nein: pulling out of the UN, a climate plan that declares climate change a "hoax" then flips the tables and stomps off, the leader is an anti-vax genius who got himself arrested etc.