Pandemic will likely get worse in the fall and winter but no more lockdowns.

29 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

When the Progs infiltrated the Canadian Conservative party they promised something they called "a Big Tent."

Argus has me questioning if that was a good idea.

Seems like they added a 'woke wing'. Most of the time when O'Toole speaks, he sounds like Trudeau-lite [heavy].

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Phht. As if any of you Trumptards

How's it feel using the word 'Trumptard' now? The whole world actually knows what it looks like to have a POTUS go full retard now, and there's still over 3 years left of the Biden shit-show.

had even the most basic understanding of what the word even means.

Try to enlighten us without plagiarizing from the Wokeist Bible. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Argus said:

BTW, Canadians don't fear the government. That's an American thing.

What a funny-vague statement. One may not fear for any number of reasons: being confident in their rights and standing their ground; for total and unbounded admiration and submission; for couldn't care one bit; being too small and insignificant while important folks decide their fate; or any number of others. OK we get it, not the first one obviously, but still so many left so which one?

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

We can afford overcapacity ICUs even less.

So build more.

Why do we have 19 doctors per 1000 when Australia has 33????

Are we a third world country?!

The UK has 28, France 37, Norway 42 and Austria 48. Germany and the Netherlands have 39.

Greece and Spain have 50! 

Mexico has 21! 

We're down there with Libya and Venezuela and Tajikistan

17 hours ago, Argus said:

B1-4xnYNyOUxAiExZFew2rdt9ip6-v4ZV9enudyAcxU.png

I call bullshit.

Out of 279 cases there were 183 hospitalized and 67 in intensive care? Not a bloody chance.

Of the 200M people that had covid before 2021 over 98% recovered. Now all of a sudden 66% of people who get covid end up in the hospital and 24% of people end up in ICU?

And keep in mind that most of the people who are unvaccinated now are in the population demographic that wasn't hard-hit by covid in 2020. 

If your stats are accurate then this wave of covid is stronger than the first wave by several orders of magnitude. It would have killed 50M people at the very least. More likely hundreds of millions, because not everyone who got C19 in 2020 even went to see a Dr.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I call bullshit.

Out of 279 cases there were 183 hospitalized and 67 in intensive care? Not a bloody chance.

You are misreading the chart. 

Of the vaccinated 0.36% are hospitalized and 0.07% are in intensive care.

Of the unvaccinated 4.19% are in hospital and 1.53% in icu

New case rate for the vaccinated is 1.25 per 1000

For the unvaccinated it's 8.7

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Argus said:

You are misreading the chart. This is only about those hospitalized, not what percentage of people who have covid get hospitalized.

OK, my bad. 

Those are just new cases beside the total number of people who are in hospital and on ICU from whenever. 

It's weird to put them beside each other like that when one total is a daily stat and the others are cumulative. 

At a case rate of 8.7 per 1000 I'm perfectly happy to stay unvaxxed.

There's a Canadian company called Medicago that has a non-mRNA vax in the final stage of clinical trials, I can wait for that indefinitely. I'm not changing my genetic code to suit the Libs, Karens and Demonrats. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

At a case rate of 8.7 per 1000 I'm perfectly happy to stay unvaxxed.

There's a Canadian company called Medicago that has a non-mRNA vax in the final stage of clinical trials, I can wait for that indefinitely. I'm not changing my genetic code to suit the Libs, Karens and Demonrats. 

mRNA vaccines do not and can not change your genetic code.

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

If the vaccines weren't making people extremely sick, and if they were working like vaccines are supposed to work, and if the people who are going authoritarian on us weren't lying about everything and shoving these down our throats I'd consider them.

As it is, the mRNA vaxxes come from the biggest lobbyists in NA and they're being pushed by the greasiest politicians. I don't trust them and I don't feel a pressing need to get one.

• Like 1

Looks like the expiration of vaccinated protection is a Polichinelle's secret: Ottawa to offer boosters to at-risk groups. Imposing mandatory rules and regulations for general population now, other than in very specific cases where it's can be justified by solid arguments and evidence, before long term policy with respect to boosters and continuous vaccination is discussed and defined is a travesty for a democratic society and a risky decision with unknown, difficult to predict longer term consequences. What if this country's appearance, shell democracy is meeting its match? What if there are problems for which the default solution of apology and compensations generations after another fiasco is not guaranteed?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

Now that the experts pronounced their judgement, it's worth to remember those words, "never say never again". mRNA vaccines are based on massive infusion of certain very specific messenger RNA into body cells. The process of recombination of DNA and RNA is in principle, possible and has been described. No, it has not been reported, to my knowledge, specifically in relation to Covid mRNA vaccines. But is a year of trials, under strong incentives and pressure to get to the market sufficient to assure that it cannot and will not ever happen? I'm not calling for it, but the Nature has been known for playing ironic tricks on over-confident scientists.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, myata said:

Now that the experts pronounced their judgement, it's worth to remember those words, "never say never again". mRNA vaccines are based on massive infusion of certain very specific messenger RNA into body cells. 

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/08/anti-vaxxer-demands-you-produce-a-single-study-showing-mrna-vaccines-are-safe-no-not-that-one/

23 minutes ago, myata said:

Looks like the expiration of vaccinated protection is a Polichinelle's secret: Ottawa to offer boosters to at-risk groups

So much packed into this one sentence.

First it's an admission that there are "at risk groups", so does this mean that they're just vaccinating everyone else to pad the vaccines' stats? Sure, it boosts herd immunity to vaxx everyone, but now we know that vaxxed people carry C19 anyways so what's the point? Why are healthy children and young adults getting experimental vaccines with dangerous side-effects when we know that covid doesn't affect them? 

Is this really a booster for "the Delta Variant" or does the vaxx just not really work? In all honesty, we just got vaccinations here in the spring and by summer they weren't working. So, how long did they work for? 1 week? Was it worth it for our government to give Big Pharma billions of dollars for a vaxx that lasted a week?

"It's always a state of emergency, so Big Pharma can always push the new booster out, and we''ll all be forced to sign waivers to get injected with their shiniest new vaccines with deadly side-effects [that we can't talk about]."

One other thing about the vaccines' stats - not everyone can take them, and those are the unhealthiest people of all. Those people get dumped into the unvaccinated stats, not a separate group called "can't vaccinate".