Pandemic will likely get worse in the fall and winter but no more lockdowns.

1 hour ago, myata said:

A rule of scientific writing requires relative adjective to be used with a reference. "Better" protected than what?

Unless you've got the IQ of a flea I would have thought it was obvious it's better protected than the non-vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The Daily Expose is a U.K.-focused conspiracy site created in November of last year, and since its establishment, it has promoted a standard portfolio of COVID-denialist, anti-vaxxer, and Great Reset myths framed as breaking news. It has grown to be extremely influential in the alt-news ecosystem, with its articles getting thousands of shares per day on Telegram, Twitter, and other private chat channels. Although the website is less than a year old, it has grown by more than 300,000 page views per month since January, with the last data available suggesting it had more than 1.5 million total cumulative views. 

Unusually for a conspiracy site, The Daily Expose produces original content several times per day, rather than resharing memes or articles from elsewhere. On its “about” page, it claims to use only official documents from government or scientific sources to write its stories. The writers often distort or misinterpret the information within the snapshots of the documents they use to push a number of conspiratorial narratives. For instance, The Daily Expose has claimed that vaccines were approved without any sort of safety checks and that vaccines are causing mass death. 

The writers and contributors don’t request interviews with scientists, government officials, or other qualified experts to make sure they’re interpreting these documents correctly. Nor do they give the right of reply to any of the institutions or figures they are reporting on, which is an expected journalistic practice.

https://www.logically.ai/articles/actors-behind-uk-misinformation-site-the-daily-expose

Yeah right, now tell me something I didn't know. Like for instance show me how the source they link to doesn't say what they say it says. I'll even help you. Here are the 2 reports they linked to from Scotland Public Health.

https://publichealthscotland.scot/media/8760/21-08-18-covid19-publication_report.pdf

https://publichealthscotland.scot/media/8696/21-08-11-covid19-publication_report.pdf

Now press F3 on your keyboard then type in Table 17 on both reports. Now subtract the dates the way they instruct you and Presto...

You've just discovered the site Google commands you to hate didn't lie to you after all. Everything they said was correct.

OK now I admit that's not as easy as just Googling a name to discover slurs against it but I have faith in you. You can do it.

Or were you just wanting to tell me you're restricted to sites that push a permitted narrative?

Like I said tell me something I don't already know.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah right, now tell me something I didn't know.

So you already knew that The writers often distort or misinterpret the information within the snapshots of the documents they use to push a number of conspiratorial narratives. 

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

Like for instance show me how the source they link to doesn't say what they say it says

Am I a medical expert or health care professional? Do I care enough about your bullshit conspiracy site to bother to put any major effort into pointing out exactly HOW it distorted and misinterpreted data just so you can then come back with some other bullshit conspiracy? No.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

So you already knew that The writers often distort or misinterpret the information within the snapshots of the documents they use to push a number of conspiratorial narratives. 

No, but it wouldn't surprise me. However, I did know that's what your masters on Google would be telling you. Wouldn't surprise me if they were more correct than not though on this one. That's why I double-checked the claim. It's true BTW.

Speaking of double-checking the facts though. I'm guessing those pictographs of Ontario data is some journal's staff using one of those online graphing tools. I can't read the actual source though. The writing's too small and fuzzy. I would hope it's some government source but as we just saw with Scotland's Public Health service that can't necessarily be trusted.

Whoever they are they're pretty prescient. Do they know today's not over yet? Do they care. Apparently not. They projected 2 weeks into the future.

So what you're actually talking about is a week or so of possible data for Ontario, right? And we're supposed to be impressed. Why? What are you hoping it proves?

59 minutes ago, Argus said:

Unless you've got the IQ of a flea I would have thought it was obvious it's better protected than the non-vaccinated.

That was a short but non answer if IQ has anything to do with it. Better than that gives us no meaningful context. Is it marginally better or gazzillion times better? That makes whole world of difference. If it's sufficiently better for example, down to a certain number that is known, it can be also better than the risk from flu, from a driving accident, from an earthquake, lightening strike, meteorite and so on to black hole encounter and sudden collapse of the Universe. So which of those is it better to justify continuing blank and uniform restrictions on general population?

Edited by myata

44 minutes ago, Shady said:

This will be Ontario soon if the government tries to shut things down again.  You can only ask people to live like slaves for so long.

I heard there was a huge protest in Paris, up to 200,000 people in the streets. Not a peep on the main news outlets.

The media is being tightly controlled.

If that don’t raise your suspicions well, you people will get exactly what you deserve.

12 hours ago, Shady said:

This will be Ontario soon if the government tries to shut things down again.  You can only ask people to live like slaves for so long.

Well, that's why police are equipped with guns. And why we have prisons.

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I heard there was a huge protest in Paris, up to 200,000 people in the streets. Not a peep on the main news outlets.

There are huge protests in Paris practically every weekend over something. why would we care?

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

That's a scary attitude, Dude. And a little weird coming from a guy who claims to be conservative. What? You don't want to conserve the rights of the free west to private property? You want to connect to a new CCP connected Australian political left that have turned their police into a thug arm of their party. Even if you're seeing yourself as more fascist style right that's not who these new Australian politicos are. They're hard left. They're Commie left.

And as you know one of the tactics these guys like to push on their way to control of the culture is to pretend to be about the feels. 

Very well then...here's some feels for you from an Australian who has fled to what's left of the free west but still has family in Australia:

The UK was too opened up early in the pandemic and paid heavily with a higher death rate.  However, that country is very close to herd immunity and is bravely committed to staying open.  Delta will spread among the vaccinated and unvaccinated in Canada.  People will die, but the vaccinated vulnerable are quite protected.  That’s the group we worried about and imposed restrictions to protect.  Children aren’t a vulnerable population.  Boosters should be offered every so often to account for new strains and gradual drops in immunity, but the most important thing is that they’re available to the vulnerable who need them the most.  If Delta can spread throughout the population without killing many people or overwhelming hospitals, that’s as much as we can reasonably expect.  Canada can manage that right now without mandatory restrictions.  The risks are acceptable and it’s important that we shift from the blunt instrument of across the board restrictions to personal responsibility or else we’re letting paranoid people and fear-mongers maintain a stranglehold on human freedom.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Argus said:

To keep people living like slaves?  You’ve just gone full fascist now huh?  I hope you’re ready to imprison hundreds of thousands of people.  I got it, you can set up camps to keep them in! ?

Giving away essential freedoms for a promise (not to be confused with assurance or guarantee) of security. How novel and original, after five thousand years of written civilization history! ("bread and circuses"). I guess the only surprise here is how easy it was.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

Giving away essential freedoms for a promise (not to be confused with assurance or guarantee) of security. How novel and original, after five thousand years of written civilization history! ("bread and circuses").

Yes the big long term story here is the loss of human freedom.  This time may be looked back on as the start of the next Dark Ages.  People criticize Floridians, Texans, and Albertans as too conservative or crazy, but as someone who has always been a bit left of centre, I can honestly say I thank God that some jurisdictions are fighting to protect liberty.  We’re struggling to reopen. Our population is too sheepish to push back.  

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes the big long term story here is the loss of human freedom.  This time may be looked back on as the start of the next Dark Ages. 

That's it and more that that. Think of possibility of unintended by the well-meaning cheerful bandwagon crowd consequences. Like accelerating vaccine-variants race after a few mandatory booster cycles. Societies totally dependent on Phizers for the next miracle shot if only for a few months, then again. That's stuff right out of post-apocalypse fantasies and it can be right at hand, some numbers (which we don't yet know, i.e. didn't care to find out) will tell, this way or that. Would they ever admit putting a hand to it, in cheerful thoughtlessness? Or not a problem! forget and march on? Your guess.

7 hours ago, Shady said:

To keep people living like slaves?  You’ve just gone full fascist now huh?  I hope you’re ready to imprison hundreds of thousands of people.  I got it, you can set up camps to keep them in! ?

I guess being a Trumptard means you don't believe in law and order like conservatives do.  But that's okay, Shady. There's a prison cell waiting for you and the other criminal types.

Edited by Argus

6 hours ago, myata said:

Giving away essential freedoms for a promise (not to be confused with assurance or guarantee) of security. How novel and original, after five thousand years of written civilization history! ("bread and circuses"). I guess the only surprise here is how easy it was.

I have to wear a mask! Help me! I'm being oppressed!

whine-whine-whine

7 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

That's a scary attitude, Dude. And a little weird coming from a guy who claims to be conservative.

Conservatives believe in law and order. You don't believe me? Ask one if you ever meet a conservative looking in the window at one of your alt-right meetings.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

I have to wear a mask! Help me! I'm being oppressed!

Funny. And if they make you wear a clown's cap just because something tells them it could make a difference (couldn't be demonstrated objectively though, sorry) - it would make a lot of difference?

Edited by myata

That's been such a mirror, and sorry to say it but how else would we know? Great North free, three packs of beer for freedom! ...

"Too bad folks, something tells me that you aren't yet safe enough to let you go so you'll have to just stay at home for so many weeks longer till I decide that it's safe by known only to me privileges and rules".

But of course! Thank you, thank you for this care and generosity... and maybe you would like some more, here!

Such a contrast in such a short time, but again, how would one know?