Canada must help Afghanistan's all-girl robotics team.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Whether it's a big number or small, it's still hard to fathom why someone would choose to wear a symbol of the oppression of their own gender if they don't have to. 

I'll help you: it's not a symbol of oppression - it's clothing that covers the body, used in order to obey the creator of everything that exists because He commanded women to cover themselves thus.

You see some women take some of their clothing off when their environment changes. This is because they do not wear it in order to obey their creator - or perhaps they use to do so, but later their faith became weak. Those women who keep their clothing no matter where they go, no matter who is around them or with them, no matter who likes it or dislikes it and no matter what the weather is like - those do it for the sake of Allah.

Taliban mouthpiece has clearly spoken this time. Then why don't you add forcing them to become child brides, depriving them of education and human rights and equality, invading neighbors and forcing them to accept your beliefs to your list. And don't blame God for all these as scapegoat.

Women and girls have begun to revolve against this symbol of oppression imposed on them by sword. It has started in Turkey and Iran and as nations gets more educated and see how women and girls enjoy equality and freedom in the rest of the world (the Christian dominated world mainly having the same God) they will start rebellion too.

The facts are, if equal, women can thrive and in many aspects they have proven to be equal if not superior to men then the backward ideology is more and more proven wrong that suppression of women is so wrong.

It is a shame that this forum has become a platform for these people to spread their propaganda by someone who join this forum on Monday. That is the day after Taliban takeover.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is totally out of control on immigration and refugees.  Trudeau is an irresponsible leader who is way in over his head. 

It is only a few dozen all-girl robotics team. Don't tell me Canada will be overrun by these defenseless young girls.

I do agree with you though that current immigration levels are too high and in my view should be cut in half. But I don't think bringing these girls would make such a difference.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, Savannahleaf said:

I'll help you: it's not a symbol of oppression - it's clothing that covers the body, used in order to obey the creator of everything that exists because He commanded women to cover themselves thus.

You see some women take some of their clothing off when their environment changes. This is because they do not wear it in order to obey their creator - or perhaps they use to do so, but later their faith became weak. Those women who keep their clothing no matter where they go, no matter who is around them or with them, no matter who likes it or dislikes it and no matter what the weather is like - those do it for the sake of Allah.

Regardless of how you personally feel about it, it most certainly is a symbol of oppression because people who don't want to wear it have to wear it or they face public lashings, jail time, verbal harassment, rape, and even murder.

Do you agree that those things are evil?

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Regardless of how you personally feel about it, it most certainly is a symbol of oppression because people who don't want to wear it have to wear it or they face public lashings, jail time, verbal harassment, rape, and even murder.

The guy you asked the question is a LIAR and a cheat. He accused me of saying that women of Afghanistan are monkeys (me, a strong feminist saying such evil monstrous thing!!!!!!!) and when you challenged him for citing where I said that he never responded to you. What makes you think that he is going to give a direct response to you now?

18 minutes ago, PIK said:

They are in control of airport. And the jets and helos that Biden left behind.

The Taliban may own outside the airport, but the inside is still in the hands of the US, with 3000 more troops flown in, it would be a massacre for the Taliban to attack the airport itself...

Trust me the US did not leave anything of value behind, atleast in one piece anyways. the stuff they did get is old soviet stuff purchased for the afghan Army, a hind a few hips some training planes i think there is a list of what is left behind...But all the US stuff was flown out of reach...

On 8/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, Savannahleaf said:

That's disgusting. "yes, we want to help the women - but only if we can profit off them." Now Islam has better ethics than you.

You don't have any sympathy for the much much larger number of men dying and being abused? Nothing?

Why would you want women whom you refer to as monkeys?

That would depend on where and when Islam is practiced, Because it is different in each country or place... much like todays Christian values and ethics, But these Taliban do not follow Islamic teachings do they, and they certainly don't have better ethics...They are nothing more than common terrorist that should be put down like a rabid dog...They don't understand anything other than violence, death and destruction...and the need to enslave all the people of Afghanistan...

It is a tragic that any afghans are dying at the hands of these Terrorist, Many more will die before this is over, and thousands more before the world does anything...Maybe this time we will hunt them all down like the dogs they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonyburlington said:

We are taking 20000. Why not include them? Makes sense. Hi can we vet 20000 people?

Did you see any vetting booths in any of the videos, they most likely won't be vetted until there arrival, but do you really think we would send anyone back to a country controlled by the Taliban, we are way to soft for that...

First off, we owe no one nothing. So no, we must not help them. We could help them. But saying it's an imperative, no. We shouldn't have been in Afghanistan to establish a democracy and we shouldn't be the saviors of the Afghan people. 

Second of all, even if we help, this help should be limited in its amount as we have many impoverished here in Canada. We don't have money for some projects such as renovating hospitals and repaving roads, but we should care about the robotics team of Afghanistan? I'm not even sorry to say Afghanis are not even at the bottom of my list of priorities. They are below that. And it's totally normal, just as for the wellbeing of Canadians for Afghanis is not their priority at all. We don't care.

Finally, the selective indignation is disgusting. Many countries, if not most, are not well managed, are corrupt, have wars, are poor. That's just the norm. It's us who are abnormal in the West who have high standards of living alongside capitalistic countries in Asia. We don't have room for empathy for everyone, and pretending to care about others because the flavor of the month is to be sympathetic to Syrians, then Afghanis, is not only hypocritical, but you're ignoring the fact many other people have worse plights than Afghanis, and still don't have a shot to get there in Canada, even if they fit most of our boxes; because we want to be EmPaThETiC to the 'flavor of the news cycle for victimhood'.

55 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

The guy you asked the question is a LIAR and a cheat. He accused me of saying that women of Afghanistan are monkeys (me, a strong feminist saying such evil monstrous thing!!!!!!!) and when you challenged him for citing where I said that he never responded to you. What makes you think that he is going to give a direct response to you now?

I'm not expecting an intelligent, coherent reply, if that's what you're asking ;)

14 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

First off, we owe no one nothing. So no, we must not help them. We could help them. But saying it's an imperative, no. We shouldn't have been in Afghanistan to establish a democracy and we shouldn't be the saviors of the Afghan people. 

Second of all, even if we help, this help should be limited in its amount as we have many impoverished here in Canada. We don't have money for some projects such as renovating hospitals and repaving roads, but we should care about the robotics team of Afghanistan? I'm not even sorry to say Afghanis are not even at the bottom of my list of priorities. They are below that. And it's totally normal, just as for the wellbeing of Canadians for Afghanis is not their priority at all. We don't care.

Finally, the selective indignation is disgusting. Many countries, if not most, are not well managed, are corrupt, have wars, are poor. That's just the norm. It's us who are abnormal in the West who have high standards of living alongside capitalistic countries in Asia. We don't have room for empathy for everyone, and pretending to care about others because the flavor of the month is to be sympathetic to Syrians, then Afghanis, is not only hypocritical, but you're ignoring the fact many other people have worse plights than Afghanis, and still don't have a shot to get there in Canada, even if they fit most of our boxes; because we want to be EmPaThETiC to the 'flavor of the news cycle for victimhood'.

I find it funny that most people think it was the west that forced democracy on the Afghanis, we did no such thing, they had something very similar ages ago, they were free to start any form of government they wished, it was the Afghan candidates that choose their platforms, and it was the people that voted for each...I'm not going to say that NATO did not encourage democracy but it was not forced or bribed to go one way. 

Your 100 % right we as a nation owe no one anything period. However we as a G-8 nation do have a responsibility to set good examples, and to contribute to other nations not so fortunate some how to make the world a little better...or we make it sound that way to feel better about ourselves, when we as citizens throw out more food than most villages see in a year... 

We have many impoverish in Canada ?, you mean impoverish like certain African countries like Somalia, or middle eastern countries or Afghanistan where living off 750.00 a year is the average income...no running water, no sewage system, some do have power, but it is highly unreliable, no health care system, no welfare or unemployment don't work don't eat...or do you mean Canadians that can't afford intra net or a cell phone... But i do agree with you in principle there should not be any hunger in Canada, but you can not control how people spend their money...

Thats the typical Canadian response " we don't care"  because they don't really give a shit about anything if there is not anything in it for them....Shit what are we worried about this election, our poor, the way we treat our vets, the unemployed, real health care funding, getting national projects developed ... nope here we are concerned about a liberal majority, climate change... It sounds to me like some spoiled rich kid, barking at the moon because mom won't give him more allowance..

But as a whole we are a very wealthy country, with more resources than we know what to do with...our standard of living is light years ahead of most countries...do we hoard all that and give everyone else the finger, thats kind of what i hear you say.  And yet i'm hearing screw them, they are on the bottom of the list... what list are we helping out anyone else right now. Refugees are a small part of our annual intake numbers... 20,000 is peanuts when Justin is considering over 400,000. Our mission to Afghanistan cost on average 200.00 for each tax payer a year...the rest was paid by our nations soldiers, with blood and lives...so who is at the top of the list...

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

But as a whole we are a very wealthy country, with more resources than we know what to do with...our standard of living is light years ahead of most countries...do we hoard all that and give everyone else the finger, thats kind of what i hear you say.

Yes. I assume it 100% and I think is the point of having a government for our country. I really don't  care about Afghanis and so do all Canadians who are honest with themselves and not just following the flavor-of-the-month-victim. We need to invest in our schools and our healthcare. Not Afghanistan's. I'm not even sorry in the slightest. They just have to be organized and develop themselves, like the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Quebecers did in the past half century.

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Yes. I assume it 100% and I think is the point of having a government for our country. I really don't  care about Afghanis and so do all Canadians who are honest with themselves and not just following the flavor-of-the-month-victim. We need to invest in our schools and our healthcare. Not Afghanistan's. I'm not even sorry in the slightest. They just have to be organized and develop themselves, like the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Quebecers did in the past half century.

Well according to experts we have one of the best educations systems in the world, and we also have one of the best health care systems as well...It's not that i don't agree with we should be spending more, waiting in emergence for 18 hours with a broken arm is retarded.. only to have an x ray, and the doctor confirming yes your arm is broken, we'll put it in a cast off you go... But both of these are not even election issues are they...climate change is the number one, even in Quebec...

the Japanese and south Korea are products of US in vestment after major wars...Quebec has been on the receiving end of other provinces transfer payments for decades... so your statement are a little dishonest when they organized and developed themselves. when they all had a jump start by another country or province...

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Well according to experts we have one of the best educations systems in the world, and we also have one of the best health care systems as well...It's not that i don't agree with we should be spending more, waiting in emergence for 18 hours with a broken arm is retarded.. only to have an x ray, and the doctor confirming yes your arm is broken, we'll put it in a cast off you go... But both of these are not even election issues are they...climate change is the number one, even in Quebec...

the Japanese and south Korea are products of US in vestment after major wars...Quebec has been on the receiving end of other provinces transfer payments for decades... so your statement are a little dishonest when they organized and developed themselves. when they all had a jump start by another country or province...

Quebec got leverage against its ruling anglophone elite and created Hydro Quebec which gave us the lowest energy prices in the developed world, and it industrialized us quickly. Quebecers built their dams and got a loan out of Wall Street because of all greedy anglophones wanted to maintain Quebecers in abject and absolute poverty, feeling superior to everyone (when you speak English as your native tongue you tend to become like that).

Afghanistan will not have to wait for Canada to save them, just as Quebec didn't get saved by Canada at all. Quite the contrary.

My fiancé is Rwandan, and in her country which is developing fast, they refuse foreign aid for many things and there is a momentum going against these types of help from the Western world which undermines its development. For example, there was an idea that if Rwandan kids didn't have shoes, the West should ship them shoes for free. There are been great consequences for the local shoe producers, who couldn't sell the shoes locally produced; everyone got them for free from a western corporation. Thus, it stunts the development and industrialization of Rwanda.

The same applies everywhere.

2 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Quebec got leverage against its ruling anglophone elite and created Hydro Quebec which gave us the lowest energy prices in the developed world, and it industrialized us quickly. Quebecers built their dams and got a loan out of Wall Street because of all greedy anglophones wanted to maintain Quebecers in abject and absolute poverty, feeling superior to everyone (when you speak English as your native tongue you tend to become like that).

Afghanistan will not have to wait for Canada to save them, just as Quebec didn't get saved by Canada at all. Quite the contrary.

Dude, Quebec drains money from the federal government 10x faster than any other province.

Table A – Equalization payments to Canadian provinces
Province 2021–22

$M

2020–21

$M

2019–20

$M

2018–19

$M

2017–18

$M

2016–17

$M

2015–16

$M

2014–15

$M

2013–14

$M

2012–13

$M

2011–12

$M

2010–11

$M

Quebec 13,119 13,253 13,124 11,732 11,081 10,030 9,521 9,286 7,833 7,391 7,815 8,552
Manitoba 2,719 2,510 2,255 2,037 1,820 1,736 1,738 1,750 1,792 1,671 1,666 1,826
Nova Scotia 2,315 2,146 2,015 1,933 1,779 1,722 1,690 1,619 1,458 1,268 1,167 1,110
New Brunswick 2,274 2,210 2,023 1,874 1,760 1,708 1,669 1,666 1,513 1,495 1,483 1,581
Prince Edward Island 484 454 419 419 390 380 361 360 340 337 329 330
Ontario 0 0 0 963 1,424 2,304 2,363 1,988 3,169 3,261 2,200 972
Alberta 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
British Columbia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Newfoundland and Labrador 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Saskatchewan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 20,911 20,573 19,619 18,958 18,254 17,880 17,341 16,669 16,105 16,423 14,659 14,372

That number in red is in millions, so 13,119M is actually $13.1 Billion dollars.

Over the last 12 years Alberta got $0.00 and Quebec got about $100 billion. 

If Quebec left Canada we'd no longer be saddled with idiotic liberal PMs and we'd be up by hundreds of billions of dollars. 

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, Quebec drains money from the federal government 10x faster than any other province.

That number in red is in millions, so 13,119M is actually $13.1 Billion dollars.

Over the last 12 years Alberta got $0.00 and Quebec got about $100 billion. 

If Quebec left Canada we'd no longer be saddled with idiotic liberal PMs and we'd be up by hundreds of billions of dollars. 

We'd be more than happy to leave. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Are pants a symbol of oppression too - because you can certainly go to prison if you refuse to wear them?

43 minutes ago, Savannahleaf said:

Are pants a symbol of oppression too - because you can certainly go to prison if you refuse to wear them?

No. That's just an incredibly stupid comment for several reasons.

1) If you don't want to wear pants you could wear shorts, a kilt, a muumuu, a skirt, or a dress, etc.

2) pants protect your legs from the sun, cold, thorns, spattering grease, sparks, insects and many other things - they're quite practical. People who wear pants would definitely outlive people who choose to remain naked, if such people existed.

3) last but certainly not least - the need for pants isn't a figment of one person's imagination which then gets forced onto other people who have no need for them, or get no benefit from them. 

If a leftist decides that they need a tinfoil hat to protect them from mind-control rays does that mean that they can force you to wear one? If you don't wear one can they beat you up? Can they rape you, and when the cops come can they just say "She didn't have her tinfoil hat on" and the cops would then say "You shoulda had your tinfoil hat on", and that would make sense to you? Should you be whipped and sent to jail for ten years if you didn't have one? Should you be murdered?

22 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

My fiancé is Rwandan, and in her country which is developing fast, they refuse foreign aid for many things and there is a momentum going against these types of help from the Western world which undermines its development. For example, there was an idea that if Rwandan kids didn't have shoes, the West should ship them shoes for free. There are been great consequences for the local shoe producers, who couldn't sell the shoes locally produced; everyone got them for free from a western corporation. Thus, it stunts the development and industrialization of Rwanda.

The same applies everywhere.

Sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on the fact Hydro Quebec built Quebec into what it is today... And Quebec did not build all their dams by themselves, Federal assistance was involve in there as well , there is some dams in NFLD that Quebec took advantage of as well.

This is typical of French Quebec's mindset, That Anglo's objective is to keep you in poverty, which is why Anglo Canada sends you the highest transfer payments of all the provinces.. I've traveled all through Quebec, never saw once abject and absolute poverty. And all of that came from Hydro Quebec...your funney. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...and some how you think you are owed that right to take what ever you want and then separate... Just another example of how much our country is divided...

I can see i must of hit a nerve, and you've become defensive, not what i wanted to do, I get it you don't like Anglo Canada, infact you don't like being Canadian. which is fine i struggle with the same feelings most of the time, but i do think Canada needs Quebec as much as Quebec needs us.

Canada is not going to save anyone, not Afghanistan, and not Quebec, we can't even save ourselves.

The same does not apply every where, hence why transfer payments were put in place...with out those payments  a few provinces would not have the same quality of life we have today...

On 8/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, WestCanMan said:

pants protect your legs from the sun, cold, thorns, spattering grease, sparks, insects and many other things - they're quite practical. People who wear pants would definitely outlive people who choose to remain naked, if such people existed

That's not the reason you have to wear pants. The reason is that your society considers nudity to be inappropriate.

And such people do exist.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, WestCanMan said:

last but certainly not least - the need for pants isn't a figment of one person's imagination which then gets forced onto other people who have no need for them, or get no benefit from them. 

That's nonsense - pants are forced on those who don't wear them in public.

"Nudity      174 (1) Every one who, without lawful excuse,          (a) is nude in a public place, or          (b) is nude and exposed to public view while on private property, whether or not the property is his own,      is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.      Marginal note:Nude      (2) For the purposes of this section, a person is nude who is so clad as to offend against public decency or order."

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-40.html#h-118604

See the bold at the end? That's exactly what Islamic countries do, too.

Edited by Savannahleaf

On 8/21/2021 at 2:45 AM, Army Guy said:

That would depend on where and when Islam is practiced, Because it is different in each country or place... 

No, islam is a religion and religions don't change. People either practice it correctly or incorrectly.

But these Taliban do not follow Islamic teachings do they,

They do some and not others - assuming they practice it to begin with. They are from the Deobandi school which was established to fight against the negative western influence on Muslims.