Kabul Has Fallen

betsy

The  panic and desperation at the airport, can only evoke empathy from a viewer like me, as we painfully and helplessly watch (in the comfort of our living rooms), and await what is most dreaded and feared by so many. This brings to mind the unforgettable images based on true events movies:

• Dark of The Sun during the Congo crisis (1968, Rod Taylor)
  • The Killing Fields
  • 13 Hours (Benghazi)

They were supposed to have 30 days before Kabul was expected to fall.
When that was announced last week, I questioned how it can last 30 days when Kabul was already surrounded?
I also pointed out how come US soldiers are to arrive on Sunday, when it might be too late?
They should've been on stand-by, somewhere close....................... days , if not weeks before!

Someone being interviewed says USA looks like a coward - running away!
And its' true! They're all panicked and scrambling.
This will make a great propaganda for A-lQaeda and the Taliban

No words from Biden so far!  He was said to be giving a statement "IN A FEW DAYS!"    Lol - he should've given it YESTERDAY!  Of course, that had gotten a lot of criticisms for that- and now, he's giving a statement today at 3:45 pm. 

A journalist who eye-witnessed the evacuation in Saigon had said that the US troops were able to pull out 26,000 Vietnamese in 18 hours!  He compared that to the dismal 2 thousands or so Afghans in Kabul.   He also witnessed and compared the withdrawal of Russia from Afghanistan that it went smoothly and orderly.  This was from an interview on CNN.  Apparently, the Talibans are already going door-to-door, seeking government officials, interpreters, journalists, women rights advocates etc..,

Wasn't the withdrawals of troops announced quite a while ago?  So they knew this was coming!  Why was there hardly any planning or preparation made way ahead of this?

Someone mentioned - this would make another good Mike Banning FALLEN movie.
Edited by Greg
Removed bolding of entire text, fixed formatting issues.
  • Like 1

It's heart-breaking.  The people of Afghanistan are going to suffer.  Especially the women and children.  There is a generation of girls (20 years now) who have grown up being able to go to school, play sports and leave their homes.

This is going to be much more than a rude awakening for them. ?

Afghanistan is not a country. It's not a nation. Its people's loyalty are to their tribes and clans, not the 'country'. The government was irredeemably corrupt from top to bottom. It appointed incompetent crooks to run the military who stole the men's salaries and sold their equipment. Many of the soldiers hadn't been paid in months and struggled to find food since their officers tended to sell that whenever they could find a buyer. The people in charge of the military were political appointees, often with no experience, whose only interest in the job was what they could steal through it.

No real confusion about why they collapsed. Why should they fight on behalf of that government and for those officers? Especially when the outcome was inevitable?

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

Gee I guess Russia and China have nothing to do with this. The sight of Afghan peasant riding on the outside of US military transport planes is sure a novelty. 

That and the immediate cries of “Trump!!!” from the horribly retarded left. I can only continued to be amazed

at the abject stupidity

of you people...

;) 

The Afghan people who had risked their lives working with the US and other western countries who had gone to war against the Taliban have been used and........discarded like yesterday's garbage.   That's what it looks like.   That's what it is, to me - as I listened to Biden prevaricate and deflect from the real issue I was seeing on the tarmac.  Instead, he pointed fingers!

That will be the narrative of Al-Qaeda and ISIS in their recruitment propaganda.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, Savannahleaf said:

Which you know because you can read minds? Loyalty doesn't define whether  a country or a nation exists or not, but your attempt at demoralization is noted.

Which I know because I've read about the problems western forces have been having there for twenty years. You think you know better?

• Thanks 2

On 8/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, Argus said:

Which I know because I've read about the problems western forces have been having there for twenty years. You think you know better?

It’s too bad Biden didn’t know all that.  Maybe he wouldn’t have botched the withdrawal so badly.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, Goddess said:

It's heart-breaking.  The people of Afghanistan are going to suffer.  Especially the women and children.  There is a generation of girls (20 years now) who have grown up being able to go to school, play sports and leave their homes.

This is going to be much more than a rude awakening for them. ?

Yes It will be especially hard for the women and girls in Afghanistan under the rule of these monkeys and it is heart breaking. Same happened in Iran in 1979.

The women and girls of Iran enjoyed equality and freedom for half a century under progressive Pahlavi dynasty and suddenly another group of monkeys took over, and again because the West abandoned their ally and made a deal with the devil for a transition from monarchy to islamic state. Those monkeys in Iran however are significantly more evolved than the Taliban monkeys and that was because Iran society was more more advance than Afghanistan today.. They allowed women ang girls to go to school, universities, work places assuming high positions like doctors and engineers even wear heavy makeups and tight dress however, they forced some kind of hijab to cover their hair contrary to what they promised before takeover and banned skirts and imposed a few other islamic laws like allowing child (under 18) marriage.

Maybe in time Taliban monkeys would evolve into semi-humans. Too much to hope I hope not.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

• 2 weeks later...

I recall reading that there are some 300 languages spoken in Afghanistan. The “tribe” reference seems very realistic. If it’s a nation largely living in caves then they are one step above apes.

The soviets were there 15 years and the Americans 20. Canada drifts with the wind while entire sectors of Canadian cities are no longer “Canadian”.

They marched last night in Vancouver for Afghans. Have they ever marched for homeless Canadians sleeping on the streets?

On 8/17/2021 at 4:51 AM, betsy said:

The Afghan people who had risked their lives working with the US and other western countries who had gone to war against the Taliban have been used and........discarded like yesterday's garbage.   That's what it looks like.   That's what it is, to me - as I listened to Biden prevaricate and deflect from the real issue I was seeing on the tarmac.  Instead, he pointed fingers!

That will be the narrative of Al-Qaeda and ISIS in their recruitment propaganda.

Canada is among those countries , they even cut our early, Our current government did everything it could to make this to complicated, and like everything acted way to slow, costing more lives. Now those Interrupters are relying on Canadian vets and other private organizations to get them out with there own funds...and we wonder why we don't play a bigger role in world politics...It is embarrassing to be a Canadian this week..

The Liberals will do what they do best and lie their way out of this, "we will negotiate for their release"...Because we are so good at it, ask the Michaels or any other Canadians trapped around the world.. 

• Like 1