20th of September 2021, next federal elections

8 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Once again, what is the impending doom you guys are always talking about?

Debt? We've got through much worse in the 90s.

Security? Immigration? Foreign invasion? 

I get it , you don't vote liberal, and maybe you see Justin as just a pain in the ass, but this country has never been this divided. Other than dope what has he done for this country. 

We have not seen this much debt ever, this amount is historic, but debt does not effect the majority of Canadians they don't really care. 

there is no security, and immigration is also at all time highs, when our infra structure can not support what we have already, housing has gone through the roof. We are are throwing away fossil fuels because apparently it's good for the environment, but there is nothing viable to convert to.  

We don't need to worry about foreign invasion's, we are burning our country down all by ourselves, lead by the woke gang.

Ya nothing to worry about here...we are not at war, everything is good...maybe we should ask Greece how that much debt cost them... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, myata said:

No guarantees that at some point it would not achieve that level too, if there's no change. In evolution there's no guarantees and dinosaurs have learned that the hard way.

You truly believe that or were you conditionned by your echo bubble? Be honest and truthful with yourself man.

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

You truly believe that or were you conditionned by your echo bubble? Be honest and truthful with yourself man.

Please ask the dinosaurs. They thought that good times never end and there always will be another bunch of juicy leaves to much on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Canadians are near extinction in your mind? You sleep well my friend?

You have to be specific about words you use like "near". What would life of a median Canadian family be at bicentennial, two generations from now, if now it's down from prosperity to survival? One can wait or one could think.

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

We have not seen this much debt ever, this amount is historic, but debt does not effect the majority of Canadians they don't really care.

We have seen more government debt in the past, and our current collective debt is smaller than the US - and we Canadians have also recorded people who promise to pay - we have a CPPIB/Teacher's/CdD.

Our federal spending is still within the GDP numbers.

=====

But I reckon Trudeau Jnr will not get his majority. Why? The BQ.

Watch for an anti-federal Liberal vote off the island of Montreal.

(I haven't looked at the numbers -seats, overall, elsewhere- so I may be wrong).

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Housing is getting expensive, but is not scarce. It's a bubble.

Overpopulation..? We have the 2nd biggest country on Earth with tons of water.

Can't you see we have it good?

We don't have it as good as we did in 2014, that's for sure. 

Gas is always over $1.60/L here in BC now and it was never over $1.30 before Trudeau took office. That was before NA gas production spiked as well. There's no reason why gas is so high here, aside from carbon taxes, Trudeau's all-out assault on energy, and inflation.

Trudeau's constant denigration of Canadians and his accusations of genocide have the country more divided than ever. He plays every group against each other, and sucks up to groups like BLM and Antifa, while never sticking up for our police. He is a worthless piece of shit.

I may just follow the advice of public health professionals: vaccinate; put on mask; and just stay at home. This will not make any meaningful difference; because this is not how meaningful difference is made in this age and this century.

... what, one doesn't even have to give the reason for calling the election anymore? Is that what we deserve for being voiceless happy peasants, cracking happy beer between elections, or vice versa.

Edited by myata

It's a pretty sad thing, and very unhealthy for democracy that we have an election in which the great majority of voters find ALL the candidates unattractive. The door is wide open for a populist to show up and claim power if he or she shows some determination and has a little charisma.

In the meantime, Trudeau is spending half a billion taxpayer dollars on the hope he gets his majority back - even though the NDP has been his bitch throughout the brief minority period. Sheer ego combined with a total lack of concern for taxpayer funds. 

Edited by Argus

Sadly I predict an easy Trudeau majority. Conservatives will lose a few seats and O'Toole will be forced out. I think the NDP may also lose seats but Jagmeet Singh will get praised by the MSM.

All I can think of when it comes to Trudeau is that Canadians are even less interested in the other Party's than the Liberals. Trudeau has a lot of baggage that he brings to the table. Ethics violations, blackface, credible allegation of groping a female, his record as PM since 2015 is nothing to brag about. He really is "fake as f*ck" in the words of Celina Caesar-Chavannes as she well knows.

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

We have seen more government debt in the past, and our current collective debt is smaller than the US - and we Canadians have also recorded people who promise to pay - we have a CPPIB/Teacher's/CdD.

Our federal spending is still within the GDP numbers.

=====

But I reckon Trudeau Jnr will not get his majority. Why? The BQ.

Watch for an anti-federal Liberal vote off the island of Montreal.

(I haven't looked at the numbers -seats, overall, elsewhere- so I may be wrong).

Maybe i am missing something here when and what PM has added more than 350 plus billion dollars to the national debt ? Who cares if our debt load is lower than the US's, they have 350 million people to pay it off we only have what 38 million... Not even sure what you are talking about when you mention Canadians have recorded people who promise to pay ?

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I would rather have our style of election than the Afghan method.

Canadians only denigrate our politicians because it is the “cool” thing to do. We have a choice between very good leaders.

I'm guessing you took advantage of marihuana being legalized. Which of these people do you actually think ought to be described as 'very good'? And why?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

I'm guessing you took advantage of marihuana being legalized. Which of these people do you actually think ought to be described as 'very good'? And why?

I’ve never consumed marijuana in my life. They worked together to save NAFTA and fight COVID 19. I never thought I would hear Premier Ford refer to Minister Freeland as his BFF. The international community recognizes that Canada dealt with the pandemic better than most…not perfect, but pretty good.

Compare any of them with Biden, Putin, Macron, Johnson, or Xi, and Blanchet, Trudeau, O’Toole and Singh look pretty good.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I’ve never consumed marijuana in my life. They worked together to save NAFTA and fight COVID 19. I never thought I would hear Premier Ford refer to Minister Freeland as his BFF. The international community recognizes that Canada dealt with the pandemic better than most…not perfect, but pretty good.

Compare any of them with Biden, Putin, Macron, Johnson, or Xi, and Blanchet, Trudeau, O’Toole and Singh look pretty good.

You set a pretty low bar, friend. 

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I would rather have our style of election than the Afghan method.

Canadians only denigrate our politicians because it is the “cool” thing to do. We have a choice between very good leaders.

Sorry i almost threw up there for a second...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Sorry i almost threw up there for a second...

The implicit message in that statement is that only those two options are available to us. Oats or porridge, if not oats then has to be the porridge. And so, no modern 21st century democracy with responsible and accountable governments, and effective checks and balances uncovering and preventing abuses of power, not acknowledging them two (or more) decades later.

So much for the fixed-term parliaments then?

I wonder has the news of Canadian elections not crossed the threshold of international news or is it just me not having paid attention but I learned of this election only by seeing the thread-title on this forum. 

Probably the latter.

2 hours ago, -TSS- said:

So much for the fixed-term parliaments then?

All about them is the story how "fairly" (some could translate it as: "obscenely") entitled "representatives" (aka, voiceless and hand-less employees of their party bosses) have written a "law" about fixed-term elections that could be circumvented by their PM (that is, authoritarian boss, with virtually unlimited, between elections powers and next to, or actual zero independent oversight - by who?) by a simple act of lifting from the chair and driving short distance to the Head of the State (aka figurehead appointed by no other than... a serious democratic mystery) GG.

Here, a great democracy, translated and illustrated.

Edited by myata

On 8/15/2021 at 2:05 PM, ironstone said:

Sadly I predict an easy Trudeau majority. Conservatives will lose a few seats and O'Toole will be forced out. I think the NDP may also lose seats but Jagmeet Singh will get praised by the MSM.

All I can think of when it comes to Trudeau is that Canadians are even less interested in the other Party's than the Liberals. Trudeau has a lot of baggage that he brings to the table. Ethics violations, blackface, credible allegation of groping a female, his record as PM since 2015 is nothing to brag about. He really is "fake as f*ck" in the words of Celina Caesar-Chavannes as she well knows.

I disagree.

To win a majority, the federal Liberals need 170 seats.

The BQ will get possibly 40 seats in Quebec. The NDP will keep their 24 seats or more. And the Tories will keep their 120 seats. Total opposition? 184.

At present, this is a war of attrition. Unless it turns into something else and Trudeau Jnr becomes "Biden leaving Afghanistan", "Gordon of Khartoum" or "Peterson of Toronto". You never know.