CBC Radio . . . . anyone listen anymore?

Some folks contend the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has gone from mildly 'left' to firmly 'left'  . . . . 

It's very apparent that the CBC has an agenda now . . . stay to the Liberal side of things, and endless First Immigrant issues.

Hardly worth listening to this expensive overstaffed, one-sided radio any more.

Holger Petersen  . . . 'Saturday Night Blues' being the exception.

When i'm elected ruler of Utopia, my 3 rd act is to disassemble the liberal propaganda site called the CBC, turn it into a 24 hour fishing and hunting channel show, bring back Don Cherry and free NHL packages for everyone...and kill most Canadian content, starting with Canadian big brothers, Canadian bachelor, or any reality tv shows  Us or Canadian like Vancouver wives, or any of the other thousand shows like it.......or shows about traveling dogs like the littlest hobo, Ok maybe thats going to far the dog was a good actor ....bring back trailer park boys, Super Dave Osbourne, and the friendly giant ( if you don't like this show, then your a liberal and you know what is going to happen to them fella's) ... and MASH reruns and Holmes on homes. 

My first one is to have all green party members and voters locked up on a special island surrounded by sharks, killer whales, armed patrol boats filled with black Israelis "Just on principle" ...  The NDP fans and members sent to a concentration camp in the far North for reeducation and forced labor refreezing the ice pack with portable coolers powered by solar energy and kale and other leafy green vegetables ....and in the summer planting trees, the ones Justin promised, but could not grow...  ....Next is to put a bounty on all liberal fans and members 5 bucks for every ear that you bring into the DMV... Relax you softies we only want their ears, no animals will be killed or harmed in the making of this movie, besides they don't listen to anyone anyways so they don't really need them...after which we are going to send them to Antarctica to nurture the penguin population, keeping them warm and feed in the winter and keep the ice fields from floating away or melting... we also will rework out immigration policies, only conservative minded people will be allowed in, and only in small numbers. and on the seventh day we will rest, to attend church or drink beer in the streets, party like it was 1999. we will call it leftist purge day, here you can turn in any suspected leftist in exchange for 5 bucks and a coupon to the strippers, or a case of Kraft dinner... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I sent a very polite email to APTN network a month ago asking about the source of their annual funding and their total annual operating budget.

I expect of course they are a taxpayer funded welfare child in the national interests of “culture” and “inclusion”. Whose interests?

I received an automatic reply that the message was received and would be relayed to the appropriate department. One month and no response so I’ve turned it over to my MP and the PMO in POTawa, the later of which will toss it and call me a racist.

Edited by RedDog

21 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I sent a very polite email to APTN network a month ago asking about the source of their annual funding and their total annual operating budget.

Seems like a frequently asked question:

APTN does not receive government funding for operations but generates revenue through subscriber fees, advertising sales and strategic partnerships. Detailed information can be found in our latest Communiqué.

54 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Seems like a frequently asked question:

APTN does not receive government funding for operations but generates revenue through subscriber fees, advertising sales and strategic partnerships. Detailed information can be found in our latest Communiqué.

Why the sea of government “arts” funding logos after every show? I just asked and when they don’t answer I suspect we know the score. If it’s all “out there” then a clear budget and source of public revenue contribution should be easy and quick to provide. I’m certainly not the only one asking politely.

It seems every movie or sitcom filmed in or produced in Canada has the same sea of assorted government logos (usually POTawa, OntariOWE and PAYbec). I see none of this on US produced shows. Why?

Edited by RedDog

1 hour ago, RedDog said:

1. Why the sea of government “arts” funding logos after every show? I just asked and when they don’t answer I suspect we know the score.
2. If it’s all “out there” then a clear budget and source of public revenue contribution should be easy and quick to provide. I’m certainly not the only one asking politely.

3. It seems every movie or sitcom filmed in or produced in Canada has the same sea of assorted government logos (usually POTawa, OntariOWE and PAYbec). I see none of this on US produced shows. Why?

1. The shows aren't the network.  The network buys or produces shows, which themselves are made by production companies, but I think every production is subsidized by the government, at least with tax breaks.
2.  Well ... did you go on the web at all ?  
3.  Because the government funds productions, pretty much all of them.  The ones that make money pay it back in taxes but we subsidize Canadian productions of all kinds.

Mindless cheerfulness reminds of Soviet or Chinese (or Nazi) propaganda (no political parallels!). Guess it's targeted consciously or sub, to that slice of the population, however representative, for which nothing has changed and life is a steady march of ever rising prosperity. Can be amusing for about 5 min, and weather forecasts usually not too far off.

Edited by myata

On 8/6/2021 at 8:32 PM, Army Guy said:

When i'm elected ruler of Utopia, my 3 rd act is to disassemble the liberal propaganda site called the CBC, turn it into a 24 hour fishing and hunting channel show, bring back Don Cherry and free NHL packages for everyone...and kill most Canadian content, starting with Canadian big brothers, Canadian bachelor, or any reality tv shows  Us or Canadian like Vancouver wives, or any of the other thousand shows like it.......or shows about traveling dogs like the littlest hobo, Ok maybe thats going to far the dog was a good actor ....bring back trailer park boys, Super Dave Osbourne, and the friendly giant ( if you don't like this show, then your a liberal and you know what is going to happen to them fella's) ... and MASH reruns and Holmes on homes. 

I was gonna vote for you till this:  turn it into a 24 hour fishing and hunting channel show.   I'd have to start some kind of campaign to eliminate hunting/fishing channels from cluttering up our airways.

I don't care about Don Cherry, at least he was a character, if a laughable one.  Agree about the US-inspired reality shows.  I liked Friendly Giant.  All dog shows are great; also, any shows featuring horses.  What about those little nature commercials?  Also, Beachcombers and Corner Gas - those ought to return.  Would like free CFL as well as NFL; can you do that?  Might get my vote back, but I'll still start a campaign to eliminate the fishing and hunting channel.  

On 8/6/2021 at 8:32 PM, Army Guy said:

we also will rework out immigration policies, only conservative minded people will be allowed in

Yabbut, these are the ones who'll change our culture - they aren't like our conservatives --- they'll want to put women back in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant; dress them "modestly" when allowed out.  What you guys  gonna admire when summer comes?  So, you sure you wanna do that?  :)  

I suggest ANYTHING in ANY category of life that has a dime of public funds involved is public information and should be available at the drop of a hat to anyone who asks.

I also believe anything shown by the CBC and APTN should have viewership ratings and numbers available immediately upon request. The party would be over quickly if such information were available and it certainly should be if a dime of public money is involved - which is the case.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, Nefarious Banana said:

Some folks contend the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has gone from mildly 'left' to firmly 'left'  . . . . 

It's very apparent that the CBC has an agenda now . . . stay to the Liberal side of things, and endless First Immigrant issues.

Hardly worth listening to this expensive overstaffed, one-sided radio any more.

Holger Petersen  . . . 'Saturday Night Blues' being the exception.

If people are ultra far right like the  Republican party, then CBC must be very upsetting.   Otherwise it's well within the norms of political discourse.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I was gonna vote for you till this:  turn it into a 24 hour fishing and hunting channel show.   I'd have to start some kind of campaign to eliminate hunting/fishing channels from cluttering up our airways.

I don't care about Don Cherry, at least he was a character, if a laughable one.  Agree about the US-inspired reality shows.  I liked Friendly Giant.  All dog shows are great; also, any shows featuring horses.  What about those little nature commercials?  Also, Beachcombers and Corner Gas - those ought to return.  Would like free CFL as well as NFL; can you do that?  Might get my vote back, but I'll still start a campaign to eliminate the fishing and hunting channel.  

Even tho that You are my favorite lefty, i have to stick to my principles on a few things, my objective here is to man up those lefty men , and I'm hoping that fishing and hunting would atleast rub some dirt on those lily, thin geeky bodies...that ride 10 speed bikes in those tight feminist onesies. Perhaps we could add a channel for the women folk, something like shirtless muscle men doing lawn work, or working around the pool...

I could comprise and add beach combers and corner gas, even add free CFL and NFL. But I'm not watching anymore reality shows filled with women with huge lips, fake boobs and asses who are full of themselves...

1 hour ago, Galloway said:

If people are ultra far right like the  Republican party, then CBC must be very upsetting.   Otherwise it's well within the norms of political discourse.   

'Norm' in terms of numbers and normal distribution I think apply here.  I am uncomfortable with the normy-ness of it, frankly, but also think that the far-right complaint faction should go get stuffed.  

Like I say about everything - get specific with your complaints, and you can get thinking people behind you most of the time, if there is indeed something there.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Yabbut, these are the ones who'll change our culture - they aren't like our conservatives --- they'll want to put women back in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant; dress them "modestly" when allowed out.  What you guys  gonna admire when summer comes?  So, you sure you wanna do that?  :)  

No extremists, we already have our fill, i'll rephrase that moderate conservatives with normal social values, although i do like the barefoot and bikini idea through out the summer months, It would save the environment like our land fills from filling up with unwanted cloths, , and be much cheaper than all the other clothing they spend there money on, free up closet space, reduce the chances of those questions where nobody wins like do these make my ass look fat...it may even speed up the time they need to get ready, and who knows it may even result in more bedroom time and more births.... 

1 hour ago, RedDog said:

I also believe anything shown by the CBC and APTN should have viewership ratings and numbers available immediately upon request. The party would be over quickly if such information were available and it certainly should be if a dime of public money is involved - which is the case.

Two points: I googled it for you and indeed you are correct that it's not easy to find APTN viewership numbers.  Secondly, do you think people watch Canadian content ?  Do you ?  Does anybody you know ?

9 hours ago, myata said:

Mindless cheerfulness reminds of Soviet or Chinese (or Nazi) propaganda (no political parallels!). Guess it's targeted consciously or sub, to that slice of the population, however representative, for which nothing has changed and life is a steady march of ever rising prosperity. 

Another Michael Hardner reference ?   A  'Life is smooth for me, therefore  you're a malcontent whiner if you disagree with me' . . . . . 

The CBC is a dog.  Not relevant to anything that isn't Indian or Liberal . . . . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1