It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, dialamah said:

Your info about Sweden is wrong.  

No. Hers is about right. Yours is either wrong or your interpretation is.

Eventually, after Sweden's daily COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and death skyrocketed from October to December, the country closed non-essential public spaces, such as gyms, pools and libraries, and recommend masks during rush hour on public transport.

It closed high schools and universities in the spring of 2020, required social distancing in bars and restaurants, and asked the sick and elderly to stay home. Public gatherings were also limited in size to varying degrees over the course of the pandemic. 

No. In April of 2020 NBC was telling us this:

"The Swedish government has left it up to individuals to act responsibly and decide whether to stay home or not. Restrictions that are in place are far more liberal compared with those of the country's neighbors."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sweden-defies-lockdown-trend-bets-citizens-acting-responsibly-n1172781

Sweden has recorded more COVID-19 cases per capita than most countries so far

Flat out bullshit. There are countries where that's true for certain countries compared to Sweden during certain periods but if you cared enough about the whole truth to scroll to the bottom of your very own link you would have discovered an interactive graph showing you how wrong you are. Per capita it's about average, and if you click the last of the 4 categories you'll discover the numbers are going down.

The Public Health Agency of Sweden has this to say:  The stricter national regulations and general guidelines include both individuals and businesses. The regulation aimed at individuals emphasises the personal responsibility. Everyone is responsible for taking precautionary measures to protect themselves and others against the spread of COVID-19. You have to consider how to avoid getting infected or infecting others. It is particularly important to be considerate towards people in at-risk groups. You can do your part by following the general guidelines.

Recommendations or urgings are not mandates. I think there were temporary mandates in 2 or 3 cities that claimed to be following recommendations. I'm pretty sure I saw one source one time telling us the Swedish president was going to bring in some mandates for a month starting in December of 2020.

Oh yeah...here ya go. It was from an Australian newspaper article:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/sweden-introduces-toughest-measures-yet-in-the-face-of-second-covid-19-wave-20201219-p56ovv.html

Sweden has a vaccine passport 

Kind of, but not really. The EU has something called "EU Digital Covid Certificate." Sweden is allow administer it and if a Swede wants to use it to travel within Europe he can get vaccinated and get one.

Perhaps you should consider that lack of response isn't because you've presented such great "evidence".  

I don't know why you would say that to her. I responded to you and your evidence isn't that great.

Oh, and as far as I know Sweden has never had mask mandated.

Edited by Infidel Dog

On 9/18/2021 at 7:18 PM, Zeitgeist said:

That’s not what drives people into debilitating depression.  Isolation, loneliness, and lack of treatment are leading reasons.  Restaurants are fairly superficial markers of social society.  Leagues, service clubs, church groups, and all sorts of social activities, from drop-in ultimate frisbee to curling or sewing circle.  The impacts to people’s mental health of eliminating all of these communities is probably immense.  

I agree. It was tough for everyone, which is why we need to do all we can to prevent more lockdowns. 

But to take the permanent step to end your life over a very temporary condition is quite extraordinary. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I agree. It was tough for everyone, which is why we need to do all we can to prevent more lockdowns. 

But to take the permanent step to end your life over a very temporary condition is quite extraordinary. 

You’re missing it.  Stress and depression debilitate people over time.  Suicides are extreme examples.  We’re not taking into account the toll that keeping people apart and masked up has on people’s health.  It may not be easily measured, but there’s no doubt that our restrictions are deeply hurting people.  I’m not nearly as concerned about death from Covid at this point as the mess that continued restrictions is making, to the extent that I’d rather see the paranoid and puritanical set up shop elsewhere, or perhaps those who value freedom and mental-emotional health over harsh pandemic policy can set up a pre/post-pandemic society.

We are being made to mask up, stay apart, be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination in order to enjoy basic activities.  It’s a slow draining of life-blood.  Very few leaders and jurisdictions are fighting to protect freedom.  Don’t worry, the public health tyrants are winning and fully running the show.  I hope you’re happy, because the masks aren’t coming off. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re missing it.  Stress and depression debilitate people over time.  Suicides are extreme examples.  We’re not taking into account the toll that keeping people apart and masked up has on people’s health.  It may not be easily measured, but there’s no doubt that our restrictions are deeply hurting people.  I’m not nearly as concerned about death from Covid at this point than the mess that continued restrictions is making, to the extent that I’d rather see the paranoid and puritanical set up shop elsewhere, or perhaps those who value freedom and mental-emotional health over harsh pandemic policy can set up a pre/post-pandemic society.

We are being made to mask up, stay apart, be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination in order to enjoy basic activities.  It’s a slow draining of life-blood.  Very few leaders and jurisdictions are fighting to protect freedom.  Don’t worry, the public health tyrants are winning and fully running the show.  I hope you’re happy, because the masks aren’t coming off. 

I think you're the one that may have to "set-up" elsewhere. 

These public health measures are overwhelmingly popular. A politician like DoFo wouldn't enact a Vaccine Passport if he didn't realize it's a political winner. 

And a lot of these mental health issues comes from dealing with family or friends that refuse to accept the reality and this pandemic and ruin their personal relationships because they don't agree we should be doing these things. 

World in decline, humans shall now depopulate. Not by the garishness of war, no. By the gentle ways of attrition. Into the long goodnight goest thou.

Do nothing. Make nothing. Achieve... nothing.

-L. Ron Oftenwrong

the covid messiah

Edited by OftenWrong

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I think you're the one that may have to "set-up" elsewhere. 

These public health measures are overwhelmingly popular. A politician like DoFo wouldn't enact a Vaccine Passport if he didn't realize it's a political winner. 

And a lot of these mental health issues comes from dealing with family or friends that refuse to accept the reality and this pandemic and ruin their personal relationships because they don't agree we should be doing these things. 

None of that is popular.  It’s appealing to fear, nothing more.  Yes we’ll have a somewhat lower death rate with continued restrictions.  It’s everything else that we’ve given up that isn’t being accounted for.

Do you actually think most people like restrictions?  Get real.  

Edited by Zeitgeist