It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

If you're going to cite the article I post to prove your point then you might want to read it first. As per the article I cited:

Experiencing some symptoms for months would be justification to get the vaccine. Even if it was simply losing your sense of taste. That's not something that requires hospitalization, but it must be unpleasant AF. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

If you can't afford a phone, can't afford a computer, can't afford internet, can't afford to go to Staples to print a document,

Can you really afford to dine indoors, go to sporting events, go to a gym or a movie theatre? 

E-mails are free, so is access to the internet at public libraries. 

Here’s a carrot, fella.

;) 

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Given there’s no way to measure, and no guarantee of safety from the psudeo-vaccine, the mandate must fall. It will not hold up in court when properly challenged. Some person or group needs to stand up and take the lead on this.

Just one kick at the door, and the whole rotting edifice will come crashing down.

;) 

No it must not. The vaccine has proven to be overwhelmingly safe. 

Please cite some promising court challenges?  Canadian Civil Liberty Advocates aren't even challenging it. 

You seem to have a lot of free time

Edited by Boges

33 minutes ago, Boges said:

Tough noogies. There's no standardized way to determine everyone's level of infection of the virus. 

And even when previously infected, the vaccine is overwhelmingly safe to have. 

You’re a clown.  Continue on with you religion.  Continue to ignore science.  Continue to pretend antibody tests don’t exist.

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

You’re a clown.  Continue on with you religion.  Continue to ignore science.  Continue to pretend antibody tests don’t exist.

And continue supporting the type of people that will harass people accessing healthcare at a Hospital. 

Excuses to not having the vaccine don't hold much water. 

No one is being forced, but you're also forfeiting access to some unessential activities. 

Cry me a river! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

And continue supporting the type of people that will harass people accessing healthcare at a Hospital. 

Excuses to not having the vaccine don't hold much water. 

No one is being forced, but you're also forfeiting access to some unessential activities. 

Cry me a river! 

I support freedom.  You support tyranny and ignoring science that doesn’t comport to your religion.  You’re officially a covid clown.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

So there must be ample examples of court cases where it's been established where COVID restrictions are illegal. 

And you're going to cite a few. . . 

You miss the point.  Governments should not have such breadth of power. If the laws permit it, change the laws.  Don’t worry, total compliance is winning and you’re on the winning team.  Just don’t complain when freedoms you enjoy are needlessly suspended.

Your views are part of the bubble wrapping Puritanism that removes millions of dollars of perfectly functioning playground equipment because one parent sued when his kid broke his neck diving off the crossbar.  That’s our world now: Remove all personal responsibility and dictate behaviour in the most predictable and controlled manner possible to meet a centrally planned goal, risk-free yet mindless and banal, inhuman actually.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

Experiencing some symptoms for months would be justification to get the vaccine. Even if it was simply losing your sense of taste. That's not something that requires hospitalization, but it must be unpleasant AF. 

Assuming that study is correct (and I was clear that its not peer reviewed so I emphasize assuming), then the risk is higher to get myocarditis which is more severe than the minor symptoms they MAY get from long covid.  You say it must be unpleasant AF but it could be something minor like a minor cough or muscle aches. If you are hospitalized with myocarditis then it has long term ramifications. 

56 minutes ago, Shady said:

I support freedom.  You support tyranny and ignoring science that doesn’t comport to your religion.  You’re officially a covid clown.

Keep showing that intellectual capacity with the Ad Hom Attacks. ?

Covid Clown, What site did you get that one from? At least the other Anti-Vax people can actually have a conversation without acting like an absolute child. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Assuming that study is correct (and I was clear that its not peer reviewed so I emphasize assuming), then the risk is higher to get myocarditis which is more severe than the minor symptoms they MAY get from long covid.  You say it must be unpleasant AF but it could be something minor like a minor cough or muscle aches. If you are hospitalized with myocarditis then it has long term ramifications. 

Fractionally. 

Also having COVID does come with similar effects. 

It's a known possible side-effect and Ontario has made note of it with its 2 exceptions. 

Unlike other, made-up side effect to COVID vaccines. 

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You miss the point.  Governments should not have such breadth of power. If the laws permit it, change the laws.  Don’t worry, total compliance is winning and you’re on the winning team.  Just don’t complain when freedoms you enjoy are needlessly suspended.

Your views are part of the bubble wrapping Puritanism that removes millions of dollars of perfectly functioning playground equipment because one parent sued when his kid broke his neck diving off the crossbar.  That’s our world now: Remove all personal responsibility and dictate behaviour in the most predictable and controlled manner possible to meet a centrally planned goal, risk-free yet mindless and banal, inhuman actually.  

And what country do you propose has obtained this level of freedom you aspire to? 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

In Ontario, there are only two exemptions to the vaccine passport. 

1) Proven allergy to the ingredients. 

2) A documented case of myocarditis after the first shot. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-confirms-there-are-only-two-valid-medical-exemptions-from-covid-19-vaccines-1.5572954

You would think a Province that likes to pass regulations so much would pass better ones. Myocarditis and allergies are far from being the only adverse reactions people are worried about. 

But even beyond that let's dare to consider the obvious and ask why passports and mandates are being mandated in the first place.

Not even the jab Nazis are denying both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread the virus. There is some question about how infectious the asymptomatic infected can be but it seems to be agreed there is risk. Even if there wasn't agreement on that more people have been vaccinated than unvaccinated you're still as likely to get infected by somebody vaccinated as you are by somebody unvaccinated.

Let's go along with our local forum jabunists and pretend Ontario data is credible and it's all that matters. Ontario tells us about 9/11ths of Ontario infected have received at least one jab. 84% of Ontario-yos eligible for the jab have received at least one dose.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data#casesByVaccinationStatus

If we ignore the studies that suggest the vaccinated can be more infectious and just say it's 50/50 you're still as likely to be infected by a vaccinated person as an unvaccinated one. Even in Ontario, believe it or not.

And even if you want to ignore reason and just hype the fear  by only running around in circles, flashing questionable stats showing more vaccinated than unvaccinated are in the Ontario ICUs it's a leap in logic to say therefore we have to mandate the unvaccinated into apartheid, Jim Crow style segregation because you're ignoring an obvious fact or rather choosing not to let other people consider it.

The number #1 covid comorbidity factor is obesity. So why aren't you talking about mandating fat people into segregation. I'll tell you why. They vote and there's a Hell of a lot more fatties than there are the unvaccinated.

14 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And even if you want to ignore reason and just hype the fear  by only running around in circles, flashing questionable stats showing more vaccinated than unvaccinated are in the Ontario ICUs it's a leap in logic to say therefore we have to mandate the unvaccinated into apartheid, Jim Crow style segregation because you're ignoring an obvious fact or rather choosing not to let other people consider it.

Questionable stats because they don't fit your narrative. That's the Anti-Vaxx Talking point that's popular lately. The PCR tests are wrong!!! Do you have any compelling evidence to suggest that's the case, or that Ontario, or any Developed nation is fudging their numbers to maintain control over the population? 

Also the Aparteid and Jim Crow rhetoric is gross. I would suggest this type of narrative will achieve little or no traction amongst remotely polite company. Of course that's not what Anti-Vaxxers court. It's as bad as protesting hospitals. 

These are a narrowly focused group of activities where masking is difficult to enforce and are all non-essential. The rhetoric of the Anti-Vax crowd is one of the reason they have and will continue to experience much of societies ire. 

The number #1 covid comorbidity factor is obesity. So why aren't you talking about mandating fat people into segregation. I'll tell you why. They vote and there's a Hell of a lot more fatties than there are the unvaccinated.

What are some objective standards or conditions we can apply to restricting people's movement based on health? BMI? Body Fat? Chronic Illness? Diabetes? Asthma? Cancer? AIDS? Colorectal disease? I could go on. 

It's easy and rhetorically convenient to attack overweight or obese people, but they are not the only co-morbidity that COVID-19 takes advantage of. 

Edited by Boges

Oh and Boges, remember I told you how I've been monitoring the daily death stats in Florida to see how they're doing with their policy of encouraging both vaccines and therapeutics but mandating nothing?

This really odd thing is happening at Worldometer. There are 4 states that generally get mentioned the most in covid discussions - California, Texas, New York and Florida. 3 of those states are kept up to date with death stats. One isn't. Guess which one. 

Florida is always 4 to 5 days late in updating. When the death numbers are finally updated they'll just be in the single digits.

If you wait a couple days though they'll update those numbers to add 50 or more deaths. There may be a legitimate reason for that but even in spite of that daily death numbers continue to plummet from later August when DeSantis made treatment with monoclonal antibodies available to Floridians.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

If you wait a couple days though they'll update those numbers to add 50 or more deaths. There may be a legitimate reason for that but even in spite of that daily death numbers continue to plummet from later August when DeSantis made treatment with monoclonal antibodies available to Floridians.

Causation or Correlation? Could also be because vaccination is on the rise. Effective treatment can never beat prevention through vaccination or good public health policy however. There's never been a cure for a virus. 

I don't believe investigating deaths is a bad thing.

It actually counters the narrative that they're just going through the morgue finding dead bodies to test. Which was a narrative used on this site by posters in the past. 

And here's another one Boges...

You say the immune by having healed from the infection have to be segregated in Ontario  because you don't think getting vaccinated can hurt them. You seem to be saying they're just a bunch of crybabies. But why should they risk adverse reactions to the vaccine  just because you think so?

The Jabunistas should lose some weight if they want to force others into segregation. At least lose the hypocrisy. Starting with Doug Ford.

And yes, that's what it is. Jim Crow/apartheid-style, segregation.

If Canada is ever able to get it's collective head back on straight history will not look kindly on this generation.

Edited by Infidel Dog

47 minutes ago, Boges said:

Keep showing that intellectual capacity with the Ad Hom Attacks. ?

Covid Clown, What site did you get that one from? At least the other Anti-Vax people can actually have a conversation without acting like an absolute child. 

But I’m not anti-vax.  I’m for vaccines, I’m fully vaccinated.  I support anyone getting a vaccine that wants them.  I support masks and distancing.  Now that’s considered anti-vax?  You’re a clown.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

But I’m not anti-vax.  I’m for vaccines, I’m fully vaccinated.  I support anyone getting a vaccine that wants them.  I support masks and distancing.  Now that’s considered anti-vax?  You’re a clown.

If you side with the morons protesting hospitals, then yeah. 

Just now, Shady said:

My position has nothing to do with anyone else’s.  Stop the intellectual dishonest.  It’s pathetic.

More ad hominem attacks because you can’t dispute the fact that people have the right to decide what gets injected into their bodies.  If you don’t have that, you cease to live in a free society and you live in tyranny of the state, with almost unlimited power.

Just now, Shady said:

More ad hominem attacks because you can’t dispute the fact that people have the right to decide what gets injected into their bodies.  If you don’t have that, you cease to live in a free society and you live in tyranny of the state, with almost unlimited power.

Cite where anyone in Canada has been forcibly vaccinated. 

19 minutes ago, Boges said:

Causation or Correlation?

Dunno...but the way only one state of the four isn't being updated and in spite of that the curve continues to plummet after therapeutics were encouraged is curious.

I'm just happy Florida seems to be getting healthier. Too bad Ontario-yos won't try it.

Or perhaps aren't allowed to.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Just now, Shady said:

That’s what you support.  You don’t support the right of an individual to make the choice for themselves.  You don’t even acknowledge that fundamental RIGHT.

I do not. 

I do support vaccine passports for high risk activities during a pandemic though. Which will be the law of the land in much of the country by the end of the month. 

I still don't see any credible legal challenges mounting for this.