It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

14 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Then you mocked her for being (as it turned out) correct.

And the guilt-tripping/shaming/blaming is laughable coming from someone who admitted here that she barely washed her hands during the height of covid.  Sorry, but that's Basic Hygiene 101 and taught to most children.  I've travelled enough in my lifetime that I'm religious about washing hands and have been even more so during covid.  If you really cared about others, hand-washing is simple.

43 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Don't be so smug.  Your chances aren't much better than mine.  And no one knows what you've opened yourself up for in the future.

I am double-vaccinated and I'm not overly social.  My chance of getting Covid is pretty small.

Yes, there could be side effects from the vaccine later, you are right.  But let me tell you about my late 80s neighbor; she can't walk unaided, but she rides her bike.  You should see her as she flies down a hill, feet extended wide off the pedals, a huge grin on her face, no helmet.  If she stops, she can't get back on her bike, she can't push her bike home, she can't even walk home.  If she falls, well - who knows but it would unlikely to be anything but very serious.  But she's not letting the fear of what *might* happen in the future hold her back from doing something today that keeps her healthier both physically and mentally.   

So, if your doc has said that your heart condition makes you especially prone to myocarditis or pericarditis, than maybe not taking the vaccine is the right choice for you; I don't know.  As I've already mentioned, I don't think it's right that people who are vulnerable to side effects from the vaccine should have to be 'shut out' from activities because they can't produce a passport (situation in BC as of next week). But to get to that point, we need to have everyone who is able to be vaccinated.  And, while you might think supporting anti-vaxers supports you, I'd suggest you are wrong.  The people refusing to get vaccines, even though they could, are the people who are currently messing it up for all of us.  

I still have hope that the surge and fall that happened in the UK will happen here, even with the anti-masking, anti-vaxing lot we have.

55 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And the guilt-tripping/shaming/blaming is laughable coming from someone who admitted here that she barely washed her hands during the height of covid.  

This is wrong.  I said I regularly forgot to wash my hands after shopping.  That's not even remotely the same as "barely washing my hands".

But I am used to you lying whenever you start to feel that you are wrong.  I think it's called "gaslighting".

10 hours ago, Boges said:

So we're just making up our own facts now. 

So you think all 30,000 unvaccinated Quebec healthcare workers are going to stick around after already facing 18 months of burnout conditions?  Don’t get me wrong, I support healthcare workers being vaccinated, but the blowback is real:

citynews-mtl-win-edm-amp-360px.png

About 30,000 health workers in public system not vaccinated: Quebec health minister

• Aug 26, 2021
  •  
  • The Canadian Press

Edited by Zeitgeist

16 hours ago, Boges said:

Awww muffin. Cite a mandate for a booster every 6 months in Canada for an otherwise healthy person. 

Also not being vaccinated at all and being skeptical of boosters are two very different things. 

It is the same thing.  People do not get vaccinated because , aside from side effects, the vaccines are not that efficient against the delta.  This is why there are "booster shots".   I haven't heard of boosters for TB or Pox vaccines.

You just wait for a couple of months and hopefully by then the dust settles.

OK, got my bookmarks back and I found the one you seemed to be implying doesn't exist, Di.

As it turns out the site isn't Breitbart. It was the Canadian Archive site, Blazing Cat Fur.

https://blazingcatfur.ca/2021/09/08/pfizer-rolls-out-new-daily-pill-to-fight-covid-similar-to-ivermectin/

I know you're not interested but somebody might be, so here's the story of how Pfizer's new miracle pill is nothing more than a reworking of the mechanism that makes Ivermectin work. 

Apparently Ivermectin is something called a Protease Inhibitor and  Pfizer's big super secret discovery is some kind of Protease inhibitor.

Here's a clip from a study where researchers first found what makes Ivermectin an effective therapeutic against covid.

ivermectin.png

Edited by Infidel Dog

20 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Actually, I believe I read it in Breitbart. I have the link but it's in another computer. I can get it to you later but let's be honest, you think you're above it. You wouldn't read it. Some might not think that's so superior. Some might think that's choosing ignorance.

And if you really are researching you just have to scroll up. She was referring to the covid "mortality rate" of Canada and you knew that because even though your raw figure was wrong you gave raw figures needed to calculate the covid "mortality rate" of Canada. Then you mocked her for being (as it turned out) correct.

I did some research, and it looks like I was confused about the difference between CFR and mortality rate.  I didn't find anything supporting Goddess' claim of .07, but that's ok - it's likely that its at least close to correct.

What I did find was that whatever that the rate is, it's a poor way to judge one's own likelihood of dying because it's an average and doesn't account for differences between individuals.  A person 85 or more has a much higher chance than .07 (or whatever it is) of dying; someone under 12 a much lower chance.  A healthy, young person's risk of dying also brings the overall average down, but an older person with some kind of heart disease, diabetes, COPD etc., raises the overall average.  So the claim that it only kills .07 of isn't accurate at an individual level; applying that average to yourself means you could be underestimating or overestimating your own personal risk.  I'd guess my risk of dying is closer to 1%, given my personal vulnerabilities.  

6 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

Just find out that, in BC, you don't need vaxxed to attend mass. The C19 must so smart that it is better not to mess with GOD's business.

Good, freedom of religion is a right in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  It’s as important as freedom of assembly.  We already had restrictions that violated it.  

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Good, freedom of religion is a right in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  It’s as important as freedom of assembly.  We already had restrictions that violated it.  

Also, you qualify as exempt by religion or creed if you believe the following:

- Render unto caesar that which is caesar’s, and unto god that which is god’s.

- My body is the lord’s temple.

25 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Also, you qualify as exempt by religion or creed if you believe the following:

- Render unto caesar that which is caesar’s, and unto god that which is god’s.

- My body is the lord’s temple.

The state should never have the right to keep people in their homes and apart from other people or the ability to keep people from moving freely within their own country. Nor should the state be able to require people to cover their faces, inject substances into their bodies, or produce identification to avail themselves of services.  Also, the state has no right to take away someone’s livelihood or prevent relatives from visiting each other, including people under care (for example, elderly).

I understand that when there’s clear and present danger of death or bodily harm, it might be justified to temporarily suspend certain liberties, but such a suspension must have a high burden of justification from the state.

What we have seen and continue to see is a total violation of basic human rights that extends beyond our laws to the foundation of all social organization: natural law.  A common defence used by those who murdered civilians during the Holocaust was that they were obeying laws and following orders.  That defence didn’t hold during the Nuremberg trials.  We have free will as humans to oppose unjust dictates.  A state that imposes unjust dictates is violating basic human rights.

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 9/10/2021 at 12:15 PM, dialamah said:

Takes time there's certainly not enough time for this pandemic - as common sense would clearly tell you.  If you want that to happen in time for the next pandemic, tell your representative.

See above.

Although, I'd ask the question - why should the taxpayer be on the hook for people who are so entitled, they think it's ok to use the excuse of "personal freedom" to overwhelm our health care system, then demand that 'more hospitals/staff' be provided.  Why should the few be allowed to put the burden on the many?

Student nurses have already been hired in Ontario (and other places around the world).  Early in the pandemic, BC implemented a program to quickly train people to assist with the pandemic; in addition, they've budgeted millions of dollars to support additional health care training.  Nursing grads are now choosing the private sector instead of hospital to work, because they don't want the stress and burnout the current pandemic is visiting on health care professionals.

Indeed.

All I hear from you people is why things can’t be done. I’ma pragmatic person. Mine is a simple outlook- problem, solution.

That solution might cost money and take time, but that is now beside the point. It has been nearly two years. Many billions were lost, some stolen as we know about the fraud under CERB. Not to even mention the waste, or illogic of shuttering schools. A year and a half is plenty of time to learn something. And dont need no long summer holidays demanded by no teachers union. Boo on them too. ;) 

Edited by OftenWrong
removed any possible trigger words

On 9/11/2021 at 1:33 AM, cougar said:

It is the same thing.  People do not get vaccinated because , aside from side effects, the vaccines are not that efficient against the delta.  This is why there are "booster shots".   I haven't heard of boosters for TB or Pox vaccines.

You just wait for a couple of months and hopefully by then the dust settles.

Well those are lies you must have been told. The level of hospitalization of vaccinated people is exponentially smaller than of vaccinated people. 

TB and Small Pox are different type of viruses. 

22 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All I hear from you people is why things can’t be done. I’ma pragmatic person. Mine is a simple outlook- problem, solution.

That solution might cost money and take time, but that is now beside the point. It has been nearly two years. Many billions were lost, some stolen as we know about the fraud under CERB. Not to even mention the waste, or illogic of shuttering schools. A year and a half is plenty of time to learn something. And dont need no long summer holidays demanded by no teachers union. Boo on them too. ;) 

You know what's very pragmatic. 

Getting an effin' vaccine!

A recent (not yet peer reviewed study) out of the US is suggesting that healthy boys aged 12 to 15 are more likely to end up in the hospital from myocarditis than they are from Covid.  I had seen earlier that the JCVI in the UK had recently advised against giving the shots to 12-15 year old kids as well for the very reason that the reward is not higher than the risk. 

Their analysis of medical data suggests that boys aged 12 to 15, with no underlying medical conditions, are four to six times more likely to be diagnosed with vaccine-related myocarditis than ending up in hospital with Covid over a four-month period.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/10/boys-more-at-risk-from-pfizer-jab-side-effect-than-covid-suggests-study

In Ontario, there are only two exemptions to the vaccine passport. 

1) Proven allergy to the ingredients. 

2) A documented case of myocarditis after the first shot. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-confirms-there-are-only-two-valid-medical-exemptions-from-covid-19-vaccines-1.5572954

BTW Hospitalizations or Death isn't the only concern. COVID symptoms can linger for a long time in even young people.

Cited in the article posted above by Accountable Now.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/23/young-people-warn-of-long-covid-in-nhs-vaccination-drive

Edited by Boges

On 9/12/2021 at 10:04 AM, Zeitgeist said:

The state should never have the right to keep people in their homes and apart from other people or the ability to keep people from moving freely within their own country. Nor should the state be able to require people to cover their faces, inject substances into their bodies, or produce identification to avail themselves of services.  Also, the state has no right to take away someone’s livelihood or prevent relatives from visiting each other, including people under care (for example, elderly).

I understand that when there’s clear and present danger of death or bodily harm, it might be justified to temporarily suspend certain liberties, but such a suspension must have a high burden of justification from the state.

What we have seen and continue to see is a total violation of basic human rights that extends beyond our laws to the foundation of all social organization: natural law.  A common defence used by those who murdered civilians during the Holocaust was that they were obeying laws and following orders.  That defence didn’t hold during the Nuremberg trials.  We have free will as humans to oppose unjust dictates.  A state that imposes unjust dictates is violating basic human rights.

So there must be ample examples of court cases where it's been established where COVID restrictions are illegal. 

And you're going to cite a few. . . 

Edited by Boges

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

In Ontario, there are only two exemptions to the vaccine passport. 

1) Proven allergy to the ingredients. 

2) A documented case of myocarditis after the first shot. 

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-confirms-there-are-only-two-valid-medical-exemptions-from-covid-19-vaccines-1.5572954

BTW Hospitalizations or Death isn't the only concern. COVID symptoms can linger for a long time in even young people.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/23/young-people-warn-of-long-covid-in-nhs-vaccination-drive

Which is idiotic, considering people that have recovered from covid have 13 times better immunity than fully vaccinated people.  

• Like 1

Just now, Shady said:

Which is idiotic, considering people that have recovered from covid have 13 times better immunity than fully vaccinated people.  

Tough noogies. There's no standardized way to determine everyone's level of infection of the virus. 

And even when previously infected, the vaccine is overwhelmingly safe to have. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

You know what's very pragmatic. 

Getting an effin' vaccine!

Sure, but if you’re able.

You who are comfortable and well to do, only concerned with what takes place in your personal sphere.

I speak for those without a voice. They have no data plan on their phone.

Some, have no phone at all...

36 minutes ago, Boges said:

If you're going to cite the article I post to prove your point then you might want to read it first. As per the article I cited:

So far, UK children have not been admitted to hospital for Covid in large numbers and may not be at great risk of long Covid. While the recent Clock study found that up to 14% of children who caught Covid may still have symptoms 15 weeks later, levels of fatigue appear similar to those in children who have not caught the virus. This suggests that children may be spared some of the most debilitating problems seen in adult long Covid.

Just now, OftenWrong said:

Sure, but if you’re able.

You who are comfortable and well to do, only concerned with what takes place in your personal sphere.

I speak for those without a voice. They have no data plan on their phone.

Some, have no phone at all...

If you can't afford a phone, can't afford a computer, can't afford internet, can't afford to go to Staples to print a document,

Can you really afford to dine indoors, go to sporting events, go to a gym or a movie theatre? 

E-mails are free, so is access to the internet at public libraries. 

26 minutes ago, Boges said:

Tough noogies. There's no standardized way to determine everyone's level of infection of the virus. 

Given there’s no way to measure, and no guarantee of safety from the psudeo-vaccine, the mandate must fall. It will not hold up in court when properly challenged. Some person or group needs to stand up and take the lead on this.

Just one kick at the door, and the whole rotting edifice will come crashing down.

;)