It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

2 hours ago, Boges said:

No one is asking for Purity. Except for NZ and Australia, And they're the ones actually suffering now because of a pathetic vaccine program. 

This is also a pretty pathetic list of things "suffering". No Dancing?!?!? Except on Tiktok, I suppose. 

Travel is a Global thing. It sucks but it's not a solely Canadian problem. Name me a country where travel is easy in this environment. 

So are all government conspiring to ruin the social lives of young adults? 

Yes

At this point we should only be worrying about the death rates among the vaccinated and vaccine-ineligible groups.  If both percentages are around or below flu levels, which they are, end of story.  The unvaccinated eligible are not following the science and are rolling the dice on their lives.  They can do that. Our hospitals can handle the surge that follows the lifting of restrictions.  

Being able to dance or see people dance is better than living under the fascist dictates of paranoid ninnies.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

16 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The unvaccinated eligible are not following the science and are rolling the dice on their lives.  They can do that. Our hospitals can handle the surge that follows the lifting of restrictions.  

That remains to be seen. 

I'd like to think it is. But with Delta, who knows when Schools come back and the weather gets colder. 

We won't lockdown again because we'll have vaccine mandates before all that. Many private businesses have already implemented them. 

Edited by Boges

19 minutes ago, Boges said:

That remains to be seen. 

I'd like to think it is. But with Delta, who knows when Schools come back and the weather gets colder. 

We won't lockdown again because we'll have vaccine mandates before all that. Many private businesses have already implemented them. 

Again, unless there is an assured end to restrictions, governments shouldn’t have our confidence.  Mandate vaccines, fine, but if mask mandates continue with more noise about endless variants and boosters, then no, you shouldn’t have the right to mandate much.  How much vaccination should be mandatory?  The first two shots? Boosters every eight months?

No, the promise made was that when 70-80% of the population became infected either through catching the virus or getting vaccinated, we’d be close enough to herd immunity that restrictions could be lifted.  We’re far beyond that when you account for viral spread.  Enough. End all restrictions immediately, focus on encouraging vaccination, personal responsibility, and treating the disease, which isn’t going away.

We’ll see a taper in the death rate after an initial surge. We have to accept that or live under unnecessary continued restrictions.  The sooner this disease becomes endemic the less likely we are to see more variants because antibodies will be throughout the population. That’s how the UK and now Florida are beating Covid. We could prolong the pandemic under continued restrictions, but our hospitals are unlikely to be overwhelmed by any surges if we lift restrictions, so set a date to end them.  If governments want to attach the date to other deadlines for mandatory vaccination they can, but that end date must come soon.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

17 minutes ago, Boges said:

That remains to be seen. 

I’m against vaccine passports.  But if it means that we won’t lockdown again, I’m willing to go along.

7 minutes ago, Shady said:

I’m against vaccine passports.  But if it means that we won’t lockdown again, I’m willing to go along.

I agree, but it’s absolutely conditional on an end to restrictions and there must be reasonable exemptions. For example, a family with one young child who is ineligible for vaccination shouldn’t be barred from attending the movie theatre or restaurant.  I’m concerned about their misuse and I don’t think they’re essential for the lifting of restrictions.  I also don’t think that boosters should be mandatory, at least not every eight months.  Not every body is the same and there should be some discretion.

Edited by Zeitgeist

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Again, unless there is an assured end to restrictions, governments shouldn’t have our confidence.  Mandate vaccines, fine, but if mask mandates continue with more noise about endless variants and boosters, then no, you shouldn’t have the right to mandate much.  How much vaccination should be mandatory?  The first two shots? Boosters every eight months?

No, the promise made was that when 70-80% of the population became infected either through catching the virus or getting vaccinated, we’d be close enough to herd immunity that restrictions could be lifted.  We’re far beyond that when you account for viral spread.  Enough. End all restrictions immediately, focus on encouraging vaccination, personal responsibility, and treating the disease, which isn’t going away.

We’ll see a taper in the death rate after an initial surge. We have to accept that or live under unnecessary continued restrictions.  The sooner this disease becomes endemic the less likely we are to see more variants because antibodies will be throughout the population. That’s how the UK and now Florida are beating Covid. We could prolong the pandemic under continued restrictions, but our hospitals are unlikely to be overwhelmed by any surges if we lift restrictions, so set a date to end them.  If governments want to attach the date to other deadlines for mandatory vaccination they can, but that end date must come soon.  

Florida is not beating COVID. Deaths are as bad as they've ever been there. And their vaccination rate isn't terrible. 

Florida's problem is their Governor is making all other public health measures illegal. It's also stinking hot there so everyone is inside. It's effectively like our Winter. 

They moved the Goalposts on vaccination rates because of Delta. It's disappointing that we probably won't be done with masks until next Spring. Unless, of course, they mandate vaccines. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Florida is not beating COVID. Deaths are as bad as they've ever been there. And their vaccination rate isn't terrible. 

Florida's problem is their Governor is making all other public health measures illegal. It's also stinking hot there so everyone is inside. It's effectively like our Winter. 

They moved the Goalposts on vaccination rates because of Delta. It's disappointing that we probably won't be done with masks until next Spring. Unless, of course, they mandate vaccines. 

DeSantis is brave to hold firm.  Florida’s death rate is falling and they are fast-tracking out of the pandemic.  

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

DeSantis is brave to hold firm.  Florida’s death rate is falling and they are fast-tracking out of the pandemic.  

It's coming at a Political cost. 

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-approval-rating-falls-covid-delta-variant-ravages-florida-1616533

https://truthout.org/articles/desantiss-poll-numbers-plummet-as-florida-deals-with-terrifying-covid-numbers/

A Political Matrix/The Listener Group survey published this week asked Florida residents whether they had positive or negative views of the governor over his handling of the pandemic. Just 43.3 percent said they viewed DeSantis favorably on that issue, while 53.8 percent said they had an unfavorable opinion of him.

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

Doing the right thing isn’t always popular.  People generally seek the path of least resistance, which is why our politicians vacillate in their positions with the media coverage.  Not admirable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The sooner this disease becomes endemic the less likely we are to see more variants because antibodies will be throughout the population. That’s how the UK and now Florida are beating Covid.

Florida hits records for hospitalizations and deaths.  

More people in Florida are catching the coronavirus, being hospitalized and dying of Covid-19 now than at any previous point in the pandemic,  

image.thumb.png.12d744efb77fc70f80d10b9bf87df46d.png

On 8/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, Boges said:

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/08/05/quebec-vaccine-passport-system/

https://www.axios.com/new-york-coronavirus-vaccine-passports-mandates-e047dec9-d07a-484f-97ab-33afb6490049.html

Quebec really jumped the gun on this. They had announced plans to do it. But case counts under 200 don't really justify it yet. 

I guess it's assumed as school returns cases will skyrocket, as they did last year.

Ontario has not pledged to do this. But it's certainly preferable to another Lockdown. If unvaccinated people are fuelling another spike in Hospitalizations, it's certainly has to happen. 

Recently, there was just one huge demonstration in some Quebec city where there was well over ten thousand people demonstrating against vaccine passports. They did not want to have anything to do with vaccine passports. 

Well, low and behold, what does the communist premier Legault do? He gives all of those demonstrators the comrade Turdeau third finger salute. Come Sept. 1st, people will need to have a vaccine passport to enter public places. 

This is one sign that should show everybody that no matter what we the people say or demand from our dear comrade  leaders, they will just give us all the Trudeau third finger salute and totally ignore our rights and freedoms. Canada has truly become a communist country where the politicians are the bosses, and the people are their slaves. Anyone here see something wrong with this picture? With some here, probably not. They will think that this is all just hunky dory. ?

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

Recently, there was just one huge demonstration in some Quebec city where there was well over ten thousand people demonstrating against vaccine passports. They did not want to have anything to do with vaccine passports. 

Well, low and behold, what does the communist premier Legault do? He gives all of those demonstrators the comrade Turdeau third finger salute. Come Sept. 1st, people will need to have a vaccine passport to enter public places. 

This is one sign that should show everybody that no matter what we the people say or demand from our dear comrade  leaders, they will just give us all the Trudeau third finger salute and totally ignore our rights and freedoms. Canada has truly become a communist country where the politicians are the bosses, and the people are their slaves. Anyone here see something wrong with this picture? With some here, probably not. They will think that this is all just hunky dory. ?

I agree with you that the right to protest supersedes the vaccine passport, but Quebec has always had these tendencies.   

23 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Go away with your lying covid bullshit. You listen way too much to the Canadian and American MSM lying and fake media. there is no pandemic/plandemic. It has all just been put into your minds that there is this great big covid bogeyman out there that does not really exist. 

Why do I say that? Because the media is trying to make red states like Florida look bad and full of covid but they never report on the same incidents of covid happening in blue states. They only go after red states because the red states are on the medias hit list. The lying and fake media must make red states like Florida look bad,and blue states look good. 

I have heard reports of nurses and doctors telling those that will listen that their hospitals here in Canada have never had a big problem with covid and most of the covid wards were pretty much always empty of covid patients. Wake up, vaccine sucker.

You really need to get your head out of your butt and try and get the other side of the story for a change that the lying and fake media keeps telling you which is all lies. What makes so many Canadians so stupid is beyond me. It must be due to all of those covid vaccines that they are now taking. It just has to be. I guess that stupidity will be on the rise here in Canada because of the many suckers who took the blue covid vaccine jabs.  ?

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree with you that the right to protest supersedes the vaccine passport, but Quebec has always had these tendencies.   

Quebec has always been one hell of a corrupt province. I know that personally because I was born there. I am anxious to see as to what all of those demonstrators are going to do now? Will they defy their communist premier leaders orders and allow themselves to get vaccinated or fight back? Interesting times ahead for those demonstrators indeed. ? 

33 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It's in the blue states that the covid rates are rising. And from rumors that I have heard from is that it is the vaccinated people that are the ones that are going to hospitals with health problems they never had before until after they took the covid vaccine shots. Many doctors and nurses are pointing this fact out. But the lying and fake media keeps trying to suppress the truth about the lies and hoax of covid. Herd immunity works, and not vaccines. ?

On 8/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, Argus said:

We need a federal one. I doubt provinces like Ontario or Alberta will issue one.

What a sad crazy fool you have become. I am totally against globalist vaccine passports. They are a symbol of medical tyranny that is on our doorsteps right now. I do believe though that it is time for you to go get an IQ checkup. No doubt by the looks of things that you are long overdue for that checkup. Just a suggestion. ?

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We just had Bonnie Henry, our dear comrade in charge of medical tyranny here in BC, announce just yesterday that anyone who is not vaccinated will not be allowed to enter into any public places as of Sept. 13th. Does anyone see discrimination going on here now? I ceratinly do alright. I have now become a second class citizen here in BC. No vaccine, stay at home. 

It was just a few months ago that comrade Bonnie Poo said that there would be no vaccine passports to be introduced or implemented here in BC at all. Well, low and behold, what did she just do? Stupid just reversed her words and has now implemented vaccine passports for BC that will be needed to enter public places. What a lying pos of crap this buffoon is. 

She has now really opened up a can of worms on this one. She is in for one big fight and she will eventually lose. Millions of citizen's in BC are not vaccinated, like myself, and we are not going to take her shit anymore. The only good thing for comrade Bonnie is a one way trip to the gulag for her. She bloody well deserves it too. What a poor excuse for this psychopathic non human being liar to still be able to exist and walk among we the freedom lovers. Deplorable indeed.

Just my opinion of course. ?

3 hours ago, Boges said:

It suggests both. The rate is far lower amongst vaccinated, especially when you consider the percentage of the population that is fully vaccinated. 

However I opined in another thread yesterday that infection could be just as rampant amongst the vaccinated population as unvaccinated, but vaccinated people experience symptoms far less so rarely need to be tested. 

One figure I've never seen is the "reason" for a majority of  tesetests. Is it because you have symptoms and need a test to rule out COVID-19 to return to work, school or child care. Is it testing for travel? Is it random screen where infection isn't suspected. 

My child had to be test twice last fall to go back to Childcare because he had some COVID-19 symptoms. Both tests were negative. 

The numbers suggest that the sever infection rate for vaccinated people is lower, not necessary the infection rate. 

That is a good question, I am not sure the "reason" either, it could be travel or work related as you mentioned. 

Good that your child had negative results.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

I don't have a cite. I'm making an assessment that cases amongst the unvaccinated have skyrocketed with Delta. Considering the unvaccinated make up around 1/4 of the population you can speculate that numbers would be 4-times as high if no vaccination was available. 

This can be observed in US states were the vaccination rate is low. COVID cases and deaths are almost as it's been throughout the Pandemic. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/mississippi/

And Hospitalization is up too. 

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/COVID19_5.html

The problem comes from making a claim on something that can not be verified. Would we have higher rates of infection without the vaccination? most likely, but we do not have a control group that represents such data. The data we have is for people in all age groups, we do not have data on underline conditions nor do we have data that identifies infections for vaccinated and unvaccinated people (untested). We need specific measurable data that provides information based on individuals age and previous medical health in order to conclude if further lockdowns are required.

For there to be further lockdowns there must be data that supports the decision and that the decision is made for the benefit of all citizens. 

We need to define at what point our society opens up, what risks are acceptable and what data is used to make these decisions. 

I can see an increase in business for establishments requiring both vaccines. I would certainly patronize such businesses, especially if means they remain open and not locked down.

I’d prefer such a mandate on public transit since people are ignoring distancing and in many cases the legally required masks. Why aren’t drivers turning them off the bus when it’s the law in the city?

17 hours ago, taxme said:

Canada has truly become a communist country where the politicians are the bosses, and the people are their slaves. Anyone here see something wrong with this picture? With some here, probably not. They will think that this is all just hunky dory. ?

You fundamentally don't understand what Communism is. 

6 hours ago, Boges said:

You fundamentally don't understand what Communism is. 

So then, maybe you can tell me as to what I do not fundamentally understand about communism, comrade? Please explain to me as to what the wonders of communism are all about? I await your reply. ?

On 8/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, taxme said:

So then, maybe you can tell me as to what I do not fundamentally understand about communism, comrade? Please explain to me as to what the wonders of communism are all about? I await your reply. ?

noun: communism
  1. a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

AFIK most Property in Canada is NOT owned by the government. 

My home is owned by a highly profitable bank that charges me 3% interest paying off the loan I took out.