It Begins. . . Quebec and NYC to implement Vaccine Passports.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/08/05/quebec-vaccine-passport-system/

Quebec’s Premier says his province will introduce a vaccine passport system to prevent a fourth wave.

Francois Legault says Health Minister Christian Dubé will announce details in the coming days about how the system will work and when it will begin.

In early July, Health Minister Dubé said a vaccine passport would be put in place by September in areas where COVID-19 outbreaks occur, requiring people to prove they are vaccinated to enter places such as gyms and bars and where COVID-19 transmission is high.

https://www.axios.com/new-york-coronavirus-vaccine-passports-mandates-e047dec9-d07a-484f-97ab-33afb6490049.html

New York City yesterday became the first city in the U.S. to require proof of coronavirus vaccination for indoor dining and other leisure activities, a measure popular among public health experts but previously squashed by political backlash to "vaccine passports."

Why it matters: Employers and now local governments are starting to ensure that remaining unvaccinated will have consequences for everyday life, testing the resolve of those who say nothing could persuade them to get a shot.

Driving the news: New Yorkers soon must be fully vaccinated to dine indoors, visit gyms or participate in other indoor entertainment.

Quebec really jumped the gun on this. They had announced plans to do it. But case counts under 200 don't really justify it yet. 

I guess it's assumed as school returns cases will skyrocket, as they did last year.

Ontario has not pledged to do this. But it's certainly preferable to another Lockdown. If unvaccinated people are fuelling another spike in Hospitalizations, it's certainly has to happen. 

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

We need a federal one. I doubt provinces like Ontario or Alberta will issue one.

We need to regulate hate speech online. We need to enforce regulation by having a database of people who post too much wrong think on the Internet to protect society. Those who said the wrong things should be banned from public events to protect others.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

15 minutes ago, Argus said:

We need a federal one. I doubt provinces like Ontario or Alberta will issue one.

If it means cancelling surgeries and shutting down indoor public gatherings that don't involve buying food, they certainly will. 

You're essentially protecting the unvaccinated from themselves. It's too late to "Come to Jesus" when you're dying in an ICU. 

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/coronavirus/article253247308.html

Edited by Boges
  • Haha 1

Vaccines passports are retarded and unnecessary.  If you’re fully vaccinated you have a minuscule chance of getting covid, and a greater chance of dying in a car accident than from covid.  It’s all political theatre and virtue signalling.  Any idiot that supports this is rolling back decades of progress on individual rights and especially privacy.  It’s so short sighted.  

Edited by Shady

4 hours ago, Boges said:

If it means cancelling surgeries and shutting down indoor public gatherings that don't involve buying food, they certainly will. 

You're essentially protecting the unvaccinated from themselves. It's too late to "Come to Jesus" when you're dying in an ICU. 

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/coronavirus/article253247308.html

Yes, protecting people from themselves by taking away their rights.  Between this and your hot take about it being ok to violate the constitution if you’re trying to do something good, you’re on quite an authoritarian roll!  People like you are frightening.

4 hours ago, Argus said:

And of course the dipshit former faux conservative is completely on board with expanding the power of the federal government and usurping federalism.  Because he’s a conservative! ???

20 minutes ago, Shady said:

And of course the dipshit former faux conservative is completely on board with expanding the power of the federal government and usurping federalism.  Because he’s a conservative! ???

Because he's a realist he gets that we'll need covid proof to travel overseas so it makes sense for the feds to do it. Also, shouldn't you be leaving for the states? You're only a faux Canadian anyway. Just leave. 

Edited by Argus

19 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

We need to regulate hate speech online. We need to enforce regulation by having a database of people who post too much wrong think on the Internet to protect society. Those who said the wrong things should be banned from public events to protect others.

A virus that can kill people is a bit less subjective than determining what 'hate speech' really is.  So, huge difference, comparing oranges to turnips.

14 hours ago, Shady said:

Vaccines passports are retarded and unnecessary.  If you’re fully vaccinated you have a minuscule chance of getting covid, and a greater chance of dying in a car accident than from covid.  It’s all political theatre and virtue signalling.  Any idiot that supports this is rolling back decades of progress on individual rights and especially privacy.  It’s so short sighted.  

Your mistake is in thinking that your (generic, not you specifically) individual right to be an idiot and spread disease supersedes my individual right to be safe from that disease, to not have to wear a mask and keep six feet away from people in order to be safe. 

Also, individual rights are not more important than the welfare of the society in general; if the society as a whole is threatened, then individual rights will be limited.  Else, we'd have to let murderers and other criminals exercise their individual right to do what they want.

Edited by dialamah

14 hours ago, Shady said:

Yes, protecting people from themselves by taking away their rights.  Between this and your hot take about it being ok to violate the constitution if you’re trying to do something good, you’re on quite an authoritarian roll!  People like you are frightening.

Or we can ban unvaccinated people from receiving critical care for acute respiratory illness. 

As I said, if the case count means Healthcare is taxed, which is what's happening in Florida right now, then yes, take away their rights. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Given that Americans are already providing false proof of vaccination to get across the border, I foresee a booming business in the fake vaccine passport business. 

It'll have to be linked to your Health Card. Border Services are using an App. 

But yeah, the proof of vaccination I received is easily forged. 

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

A virus that can kill people is a bit less subjective than determining what 'hate speech' really is.  So, huge difference, comparing oranges to turnips.

Hate speech kills. Have you seen the horrible attacks in Quebec and recently to the Muslim family in Ontario? We need to crackdown on hate speech online toward Muslims, and get those who said bad things about islam or muslim immigration in quarantine.

4 hours ago, Boges said:

It should be electronic, linked to health care systems, as you say. The crazy people will just forge them otherwise. Even with the threat of $10,000 fines.

It is disturbing how many mentally ill people (antivaxxers) we have in Canada.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Boges said:

Or we can ban unvaccinated people from receiving critical care for acute respiratory illness. 

I wouldn't say refusing, but they should have to pay for their health care, and they should be lowest priority.

21 hours ago, Boges said:

Hi I’m a visitor from Benin. Can I enter your restaurant?

I got Sinovac, is that ok? My wife had two doses of Sputnik.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

That’s like saying drug addicts and people with aids made bad choices, so screw them.

Yep, and lung cancer, or heart disease, or any of the other litany of health problems caused by obesity, drinking, smoking, etc.  Somebody that smokes 3 packs a day gets critical care, but not somebody with covid.  The incomprehensible authoritarian fascism uttered by the vaccine cultists is breathtaking.