Does Canada harbour a lot of Communist sympathizers?

A CBC article described how Canadian tourists have been helping to fund the Cuban army and leaders.

How Canadian tourism sustains Cuba's army and one-party state (msn.com)

I suspect many of these people are embedded within the Liberal and NDP parties and their supporters.

quote Cuban-Canadian activists say many Canadians are not aware of the extent to which the survival of Cuba's one-party regime depends upon the foreign currency tourists bring into the country, or the lengths the Cuban government will go to keep Canadians coming.  Unquote

What is equally surprising on the MSN comment section under this article is the number of commenters who support the Cuban regime and oppose America.  Makes one wonder where these commenters came from and where their loyalties lay.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

...Does Canada harbour a lot of Communist sympathizers?

Why yes!  I know a 12-year old who is a proud communist and fascist.  Once I explained to this boy what that meant, he was surprised and uncertain.  But declaring oneself communist/fascist has wonderful shock value.

By-the-by, I need to start a thread on how pedophiles are embedded within Christianity proof, being that there are so many news stories about ministers sexually abusing children. 

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1

We do business with China and Saudi Arabia, but it is the canadian tourists visiting Cuba that are to blame.

I am so glad I do not think like a fearmonger of communism. Not to mention that facts prove that the more you isolate the population of a country with commerce restrictions, the bigger the support to their dictator is.

Go on, blame the tourists. We are amazed by your lights.

17 minutes ago, Benz said:

We do business with China and Saudi Arabia, but it is the canadian tourists visiting Cuba that are to blame.

As of 2018, the US was visiting Cuba at 60% the rate that Canada is - so do you want to put this all on Canada really ?

Also China gets about 100X the exports that Cuba does from Canada.   The Cuba thing is a US obsession, just let it go man.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I heard that we also trade with China.

Trade is just the tip of the iceberg and gives the impression that all is well between Canada and China.  That leaves a false narrative in many people's mind.  Let's hear no more silly comments such as you heard we trade with China.  Very shallow thinking and adds nothing to knowledge of what is really going on.  Maybe if you believed in the Bible and would be a believer in the Lord, you would see the danger of Communism instead of belittling people who are concerned.

There is a price to pay for dealing with the CCP.  It is like getting in bed with the Devil, who is a real being.  Trudeau senior and many politicians since then from all parties thought they were being progressive by trying to partner with China and Cuba, and be globalists or multilateralists, instead of standing strong with our allies.  Canada has jumped in with all it's strength to try to be a partner with China in the world.  The price to be paid has already had deep consequences. 

Read the book:  "Claws of the Panda:  Beijing's Campaign of Influence and Intimidation in Canada" by Jonathan Manthorpe.  Available on Amazon.

Unless you read the book and other revealing writings, how will you learn about such things?  You will continue to think Canada is acting in a wise and honourable way in world affairs, when in fact our foreign policy has been a total disaster for Canada and the west.  I don't expect you to agree because I doubt you will attempt to find out what is really going on.  You seem to prefer your comfort zone of mocking those who have some knowledge and try to warn others of the danger of Communism.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

As of 2018, the US was visiting Cuba at 60% the rate that Canada is - so do you want to put this all on Canada really ?

Also China gets about 100X the exports that Cuba does from Canada.   The Cuba thing is a US obsession, just let it go man.

I was ironic. ;) Maybe the irony in french cannot be translated to english so easily.

Incidentally, yesterday when I did a search and found this article above, a cyber hacker immediately came into my computer, violating my privacy, and started searching through every word on the screen. This leads to the question.  Is Canada already under the influence and intimidation of Communist states and other adversaries through major internet news providers and social media where they can hack into individual's computers to intimidate or spy on them?  Unfortunately, because of the nature of the internet, any hacker can operate from any country in the world and engage in cyber espionage and influence.  I am sure hacking doesn't take a genius.  All they need is the software and given some basic instruction how to do it.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Benz said:

I am so glad I do not think like a fearmonger of communism. Not to mention that facts prove that the more you isolate the population of a country with commerce restrictions, the bigger the support to their dictator is.

Go on, blame the tourists. We are amazed by your lights.

That is only one aspect of Canada's failed foreign policy.  It is a symptom of a serious mental sickness in many Canadian's mind when they think they can go on vacations and spend their money in a Communist dictatorship that denies it's people human rights.  

Undercover agent working for Cuban dictatorship has a protester in a choke hold:

cuban undercover agent.jpg

22 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Incidentally, yesterday when I did a search and found this article above, a cyber hacker immediately came into my computer, violating my privacy, and started searching through every word on the screen. 

Tell us more about it please.

Do you know things you aren't supposed to know? Are you that kind of cool pro investigator?

2 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Tell us more about it please.

Do you know things you aren't supposed to know? Are you that kind of cool pro investigator?

Nothing more to tell.  I learned about the dangers of Communist thinking and Satan's devices through years of study of the Bible and other books like the one I just mentioned "Claws of the Panda".  It makes it easier to see through the liberal and left ideologies and dangerous policies.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

If you were French your name would be Renault not Benz

And I suppose you are this man on your profile's picture. Of crouse. ;)

When I was in college in the early 90's, me and my friends were often signing our names with a shortiest version of our firstname plus the letter z, just because it sounded funny to hear.  So we were Yvanz, Yanz (Yanick), Patz (Patrick), Marcz, Francz (François) and Benz (Benoit). It is true that it could sound German but, to the ears, it can also sound Ben's. So I was sometimes called Uncle Ben's by my friends just because it sounds funny. When come the time to create an account whether it is for email or else, I was using benz just because I did not want to use my real name and was too lazy to find something else.

In 30 years of using that username on different sites, I think you are the first one that reproach me to use a german looking name rather than a french one. The running gag would have been completed if I had a girlfriend named Mercedes.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

That is only one aspect of Canada's failed foreign policy.  It is a symptom of a serious mental sickness in many Canadian's mind when they think they can go on vacations and spend their money in a Communist dictatorship that denies it's people human rights.  

Undercover agent working for Cuban dictatorship has a protester in a choke hold:

It is so much better when it is done by a capitalist democracy that denies it's people human rights.

Do you want me to find a picture of a not undercover agent working for American democracy that has a black civil in a choke hold with his knee until death?

9 minutes ago, Benz said:

1. And I suppose you are this man on your profile's picture. Of crouse. ;)

2. I was using benz just because I did not want to use my real name and was too lazy to find something else.

3. In 30 years of using that username on different sites, I think you are the first one that reproach me to use a german looking name rather than a french one. The running gag would have been completed if I had a girlfriend named Mercedes.

1. I wish I were that Jung...
2. Now you are Benz.
3. I am picturing her.  Black hair.  Pale.  Hot Communist sympathizer type...

3 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

It's something we say about Canada since a long time lol. Isn't there a conspiracy theory that the guy on my profile picture is the illegitimate son of Fidel Castro?

It doesn't sound like you read this article.  Is it just a conspiracy theory?

Of Course Fidel Castro is Justin Trudeau’s Dad. Nobody Has ‘Debunked’ Anything | by Karen Leibowitcz | Medium

Here is a photo of Margaret Trudeau with allegedly both arms around Fidel Castro. If you read this article you will have to admit, it does raise questions.  Look at the photos of Justin beside Castro and compare that with the photo of Pierre.  You will have to admit, it is not at all clear what the truth is.

Margaret with both arms around Castro.png

3 minutes ago, Benz said:

It is so much better when it is done by a capitalist democracy that denies it's people human rights.

Do you want me to find a picture of a not undercover agent working for American democracy that has a black civil in a choke hold with his knee until death?

Do I need to explain the difference between life in a Communist country and life in a western democracy?  You said you were in college.  Did you actually learn the difference in all that education through high school and college?