Jump to content

Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.


Recommended Posts

This is the governmental and media propaganda I am talking about that needs to STOP.

A couple weeks ago, Alberta announced it's first teenager had died of Covid:

Alberta reports youngest COVID-related death to date - CityNews Edmonton

Kenney and Hinshaw made special public announcements regarding this case - using this young man's death as fodder for propaganda.

The family is livid about it:

Shared post - So many lies (locals.com)

This isn't the only time this has been done.  I know personally of a family whose mother was recovering nicely with a mild case of covid and then she got that flesh-eating disease.  She eventually passed in hospital, after undergoing 6 (SIX!!) skin debridings.  They listed her death as "from covid".  That family, that I know personally, was also livid and argued with he doctor over this.  They didn't have the emotional or mental strength the deal with it though after everything they went through with their mother.  So kudos to this young man's family for fighting back.  I suspect we're going to see more of this.

I also think this is why so many in healthcare are bucking the shots - they see the false narratives being touted in the headlines and that it is not working.  They also see all the adverse reactions and many have commented on the staggering increases in heart attacks and strokes following the vax.

So why the lies?  And how many more cases are complete and utter BS? 

Kenney and Hinshaw still have not issued a correction or an apology to this family.  And what is the point of "testing" someone for covid 2 days before they die?  (And don't tell me they didn't know he was going to die - as a death doula, I'm trained in recognizing the signs of imminent death, as nurses/doctors also are.)

(Danielle Smith is an amazing investigative journalist from AB - it was her interview with Lt. Col. David Redman that I watched early in this whole debacle, where he slammed the government for not following pandemic protocols that were already set in place. I recommend you watch it, if you can still find it on YouTube.  It was through The Western Standard publication.)

AB case.JPG

AB case 2.JPG

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Evidently you can’t.

I also was reading about your case in BC where they are flying out patients because the hospital is "overwhelmed".  

A nurse from up there commented on the article, that we are not being told the truth - the truth is that instead of having 20 nurses up there, there is only 5 due to healthcare cuts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I also was reading about your case in BC where they are flying out patients because the hospital is "overwhelmed".  

A nurse from up there commented on the article, that we are not being told the truth - the truth is that instead of having 20 nurses up there, there is only 5 due to healthcare cuts.

What nurse, provide a source. It’s common knowledge that it is difficult to get health care professionals to move to and stay in the North. If a system is overwhelmed it is overwhelmed, whether for the lack of beds or people to staff them. 

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So here's something that I want to know (and I'm genuinely asking both sides as it doesn't make sense). For the past few months, the UK has averaged 35,000 cases per day from a population that is ~67 million. Their hospitalizations and ICU numbers have averaged around 7,000 and 800 people per day (respectively).   Per 100k people, the cases are 52.2, the hospitalizations are 10.44 and ICU rates are 1.19.  (I know...crude numbers)

In Alberta, we have a population of 4.5 million and are at about 1500 cases for the past month or so with an average of about 1,000 people in the hospital and 250 in ICU. Per 100k, the cases are 33.33, the hospitalizations are 22.22 and the ICU rates are 5.55. 

So relatively speaking, our cases are nearly nearly half but our hospitalizations are double and ICU are nearly 5 times the amount.  Why the difference?

Vaccination rates have been relatively similar hovering around 70% of the population for both. Granted, vaccination of 12-15 year old just started and there was always a low upatake in 16-18 year olds meaning the effective rate for the older demographics is higher than what Alberta would be. 

It could be vaccination rates however for the past three months the percentage of cases in the UK that are unvaccinated has got as low as 37%. This number was higher earlier in the year but as vaccines waned it dropped. Nevertheless, if we accept the 37% number then that gives us roughly 12,950 unvaccinated cases per day which is higher than the daily number of cases Canada has ever seen, never mind Alberta. From the roughly 12k unvaccinated cases being seen in the UK we would see even lower hosptialization and ICU numbers that what I showed above (which includes vaccinated). 

This is the same virus, same variant and affecting humans (just across the water). So why is there such a difference. I know the UK largely used AZ vaccine where Canada has focused on mRNA. Is that the reason? Or is there something more devious going on? I know the UK publishes numbers on exclusion and inclusion hospitalizations/ICU meaning they differentiate between people there because of COVID versus people in the hospital with COVID. But even that wouldn't be enough to explain this. 

Full disclosure, my numbers are crude and may be wrong. Or maybe I'm missing something here. Genuinely looking to wrap my head around this. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Evidently you can’t.

I said that there are two kinds of covidiots, and named them.

You referenced a group of people that don't fit into either category, unless you think that 12-40 yr olds are swamping the hospitals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What nurse, provide a source. It’s common knowledge that it is difficult to get health care professionals to move to and stay in the North. If a system is overwhelmed it is overwhelmed, whether for the lack of beds or people to staff them. 

If it's "common knowledge" that the hospital up there is chronically understaffed and beds have been closed due to budget cuts, then why blame the unvaxxed as being the source of the problem?

The brainwashing is strong with you.....

You know what they called people who blindly went along with the Nazi propaganda and persecuted their fellow citizens in the 1940's?

COLLABORATORS. 

You and several others here - and all the restaurants and gyms etc who are doing the government's dirty work by imposing the passports, businesses that are firing employees for exercising their right to choose their own medical procedures - are definitely going down in history as collaborators in punishing and taking away the human rights of others.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What nurse, provide a source.

As you know, anyone who doesn't tout the propaganda is driven from many platforms.  Maybe start reading the comments on some of the propaganda articles you link to - people are waking up, which is why the government and media have increased silencing and de-platforming them.  When they do find a platform to tell their story on - you and others here reject the platform as not being a legitimate platform.

Get your head out of MSM's arse and start paying attention to what's really going on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

So here's something that I want to know (and I'm genuinely asking both sides as it doesn't make sense). For the past few months, the UK has averaged 35,000 cases per day from a population that is ~67 million. Their hospitalizations and ICU numbers have averaged around 7,000 and 800 people per day (respectively).   Per 100k people, the cases are 52.2, the hospitalizations are 10.44 and ICU rates are 1.19.  (I know...crude numbers)

In Alberta, we have a population of 4.5 million and are at about 1500 cases for the past month or so with an average of about 1,000 people in the hospital and 250 in ICU. Per 100k, the cases are 33.33, the hospitalizations are 22.22 and the ICU rates are 5.55. 

So relatively speaking, our cases are nearly nearly half but our hospitalizations are double and ICU are nearly 5 times the amount.  Why the difference?

Maybe there's a different standard for putting people in the ICU in both areas, and it's also possible that Alberta has a higher capacity per capita.

It's also possible that they're using therapeutics in England that they're not using in Alberta, which are keeping people out of the hospital.

 

*CNN level of credibility alert* - I saw a video of a guy who claims that he worked weekends in some Alberta hospitals, and said that when he worked in a hospital in Rimby they weren't giving some of their ICU patients any treatment - not even vitamins - after their situation had 'deteriorated'. It's like they were in palliative care but still within in the ICU. He claims to have helped two of the 3 back to recovery within a day, but I have no clue how legitimate the video is, and he didn't say what treatments they were giving to new arrivals at the hospital either. He also claimed that he was receiving patients from the Red Deer hospital who had been released but not prescribed any subsequent medications, like inhalers, etc. Again, when I see a guy blabbing on the internet I have no way of knowing whether or not he's who he claims to be or if there's any truth to his story at all. This is no more reliable than a story that you'd see on CNN or MSNBC, but even I consider it to be less reliable than CTV or CBC.

 

Truth be told, covid deaths are extremely political, and the MSM blames covid deaths on whomever they want, so in provinces like Alberta and Ont with conservative premiers, it's all on them, so leftists feel pressured to ramp up the numbers. In BC and Ont they were actually keeping them artificially low right before the federal election (coincidentally, I'm sure).

We all know that there are pro-vaxxers who have openly stated that unvaxxed should just be left to die, and people who work in gov't (Cuomo for example) and in hospitals (94% of "covid" deaths in the US are from people who also have other causes of listed on their D Certs) fudge numbers to make people look good/bad, so covid numbers are never any more than a rough and partly politicized estimate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

So relatively speaking, our cases are nearly nearly half but our hospitalizations are double and ICU are nearly 5 times the amount.  Why the difference?

I believe experts are putting that down to the full reopening Alberta engaged in earlier this year - no masks, no restrictions on size of groups, etc.  Alberta held off on reinstating restrictions as long as they could, but then had to succumb - Kenney even apologized for moving too quickly to transferring Alberta to Stage 4.  BC has better numbers than Alberta, and also a higher vaccination rate of 82% (last I saw).

 

21 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

This is the same virus, same variant and affecting humans (just across the water).

Viruses from different places are different even if only slightly; that's why scientists can determine where a virus originally came from as it moves around the world. 

Also, depending on how data is presented can paint different pictures.  Perhaps Alberta and the UK are organizing their data differently.

I agree that all the different data points, explanations and voices is confusing.  That is why I pay attention to what the majority of experts say; it's true they can (and do) make mistakes or that additional information changes their recommendations, but the more the studies that they do show the same outcome, the more likely that data is to be correct.  There are always exceptions, of course, but for now the best information remains that which the majority of experts recommend.  IIMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What’s your point, anyone over 40 is expendable? Your little article may be fake or real, just like everything else on Facebook. But the fact 41 out 42 Covid patients transferred south were not fully vaccinated makes no impression on you.

My point is that covid actually poses a threat to people over 40, and they should know whether or not they should take a chance on the vaccines.

Still, I wouldn't go so far as to say that someone is an idiot for disbelieving what they see on CTV and CBC. Those two have lied/omitted so much since the beginning of covid that it's outrageous.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If it's "common knowledge" that the hospital up there is chronically understaffed and beds have been closed due to budget cuts, then why blame the unvaxxed as being the source of the problem?

There were 43 seriously ill Covid patients, on fop of the regular number of people who need beds.  That's a lot of people for a small hospital to manage, even fully staffed.

Why are you blaming everyone but the unvaxed for the situation hospitals find themselves in, even though most nurses, doctors and other people who work in hospitals put the overload directly on Covid patients?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

My point is that covid actually poses a threat to people over 40, and they should know whether or not they should take a chance on the vaccines.

 

Well, at least this is better than the claim that only the very elderly and terminally ill patients are at risk from Covid.  ;)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Well, at least this is better than the claim that only the very elderly and terminally ill patients are at risk from Covid.  ;)  

Only the very elderly and people with co-morbidities are at an elevated risk of dying from Covid. I never limited covid's threat to 'terminally ill people'. The only claim I've related here, that was to that extent, actually came from my Dr who said that "the vaxxed deaths came from chemo patients, etc".

The risk level that I personally stated has never changed since about June of last year, afer a significant amount of data had rolled in from the US. 

People over 40 should take covid seriously. Chain-smokers, morbidly obese, and people who are just very unhealthy in general should probably treat covid the same as a 75 yr old with a heart condition would. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's also possible that they're using therapeutics in England that they're not using in Alberta, which are keeping people out of the hospital.

This makes more sense to me. They actually treat people to keep them from going to the hospital and will treat them in the hospital. I have no proof they are doing this but it would make sense. 

 

49 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

*CNN level of credibility alert* - I saw a video of a guy who claims that he worked weekends in some Alberta hospitals, and said that when he worked in a hospital in Rimby they weren't giving some of their ICU patients any treatment - not even vitamins - after their situation had 'deteriorated'. It's like they were in palliative care but still within in the ICU. 

Yes....that is the story of the ER doctor that gave three patients ivermectin and two of the the three made dramatic turnarounds with the other one stopping the deterioration. Again, why not try it if it doesn't hurt. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I believe experts are putting that down to the full reopening Alberta engaged in earlier this year - no masks, no restrictions on size of groups, etc.  Alberta held off on reinstating restrictions as long as they could, but then had to succumb - Kenney even apologized for moving too quickly to transferring Alberta to Stage 4.  BC has better numbers than Alberta, and also a higher vaccination rate of 82% (last I saw).

Ok...but keep in mind the UK celebrated Freedom Day on July 19th. Lifted most if not all restrictions and did away with their vaccine passport. Life has been basically returned to normal even though every day since Freedom Day, they have had 35000 cases per day.  Even if Alberta relaxed its policies in the summer it wouldn't account for the drastic differences in cases, hospitalizations and ICU compared to the UK. 

Here's an interesting study that was just emailed to me. 

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7

 

Quote

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people.

Quote

In summary, even as efforts should be made to encourage populations to get vaccinated it should be done so with humility and respect. Stigmatizing populations can do more harm than good. Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts (e.g., the importance of basic public health hygiene with regards to maintaining safe distance or handwashing, promoting better frequent and cheaper forms of testing) needs to be renewed in order to strike the balance of learning to live with COVID-19 in the same manner we continue to live a 100 years later with various seasonal alterations of the 1918 Influenza virus.

 

I don't know why the UK has the numbers they do but I think its fair to say that having a direct, single comparison to vaccinations is not accurate. We need to start focusing on all factors that contribute. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Yes....that is the story of the ER doctor that gave three patients ivermectin and two of the the three made dramatic turnarounds with the other one stopping the deterioration. Again, why not try it if it doesn't hurt. 

Is that story legitimate  though, or just an unverified internet video?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

As you know, anyone who doesn't tout the propaganda is driven from many platforms.  Maybe start reading the comments on some of the propaganda articles you link to - people are waking up, which is why the government and media have increased silencing and de-platforming them.  When they do find a platform to tell their story on - you and others here reject the platform as not being a legitimate platform.

Get your head out of MSM's arse and start paying attention to what's really going on.

I do read the comments and I see the same unsubstantiated stuff I see here. You call news organizations with names and reputations propaganda but will swallow anything you see on posted by real or fake sources on social media. That itself is a pandemic which has spread throughout the world.

I've had this discussion with a grand daughter who is in 3rd year university with 60K worth of academic and athletic scholarships. She is an intelligent woman but also one of her generation. During the election she would say O'Toole or someone else said so and so. I would ask where she heard that and the answer would be it was on Facebook or they Tweeted it. I would ask her whether she had seen the actual quote or tweet and the answer was, "well no". I would ask her, are you just going to believe an anonymous source on social media without fact checking it yourself. It finally sunk in that maybe she should although I don't know that she does..

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Why are you blaming everyone but the unvaxed for the situation

You already know why.

I agree with the hard-fought for human right of bodily autonomy and democratic freedom.

You do not.

That's fine.

But we disagree about this.

Why are you ONLY blaming the unvaxxed, O brainwashed one, who only listens to MSM?

Please, explain to us all why you believe both the Nuremburg Code and the Canadian Constitution should be abolished.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Well, at least this is better than the claim that only the very elderly and terminally ill patients are at risk from Covid.  ;)  

No one has said that ONLY elderly and terminally ill are at risk.  

It is very clear though, that they are the ones MOST at risk.  And children are the LEAST.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...