Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's one of the stories that were circulating. There are so many.

Pericarditis, myocarditis and blood clotting are all serious enough, especially when leftists told us in advance that the vaccines were safe. Just chalk it up to more bullshit 'science' from leftists/CNN.

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Pericarditis, myocarditis and blood clotting are all serious enough, especially when leftists told us in advance that the vaccines were safe. Just chalk it up to more bullshit 'science' from leftists/CNN.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/trump-assures-supporters-that-covid-19-vaccination-is-safe-1.5350321

Leftists/CNN. .

Yeah.  

Anything goes wrong, blame it on the left or the media. 

Page one of the pubes playbook. 

45 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/trump-assures-supporters-that-covid-19-vaccination-is-safe-1.5350321

Leftists/CNN. .

Yeah.  

Anything goes wrong, blame it on the left or the media. 

Page one of the pubes playbook. 

Congrats, you finally found actual evidence of Trump lying. 

Still, he wasn't advocating for vaccine mandates and the ostracism of non-sheeple. 

48 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Congrats, you finally found actual evidence of Trump lying. 

You sound a little funny when you blame people of lying.  

A lie is when one tells you something that he/she knows for sure to be untrue.

If I told you that someone is a cook and turns out he is not, but I believed it to be true, this only makes me uninformed.

Edited by cougar

3 minutes ago, cougar said:

You sound a little funny when you blame people of lying.  

Either he knew that the vaccines weren't completely safe because people had already been injured by them, or he lied by pretending to know that they'd be completely safe when that was impossible.

I guess that there may have been a small window in time between the date when vaxx manufacturers had assured him that "the vaccine trials were 100% concluded and they were 100% safe", and when the first serious adverse reactions were reported, but I'm not going to try to use that slight time frame to vindicate him.

I have to concede a point to a leftist at least once in my lifetime. 

A lie is when one tells you something that he/she knows for sure to be untrue.

If I told you that someone is a cook and turns out he is not, but I believed it to be true, this only makes me uninformed.

Not really.

If I don't have any reason to call Mr X a pedophile, and I say that Mr X is a pedophile, then it was a lie when I said it.

If at some point in the future we found out that Mr X actually was a pedophile, I'd still be considered a slanderer, because that's what I was doing when I said it. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I'd still be considered a slanderer.

This is a different thing than being considered a liar.   Slander may happen unintentionally, when someone has questionable evidence and is misled by it. 

A liar is making a false claim that he knows is false from the start.

With this in mind, the second one is despicable.  The first one is just bad judgement or mostly bad luck.

On 10/17/2021 at 4:05 PM, Aristides said:

How long have you been an idiot?

I’m sorry this upsets you.  But forcing people to put chemicals into their bodies without their consent is a complete abomination.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

18 hours ago, cougar said:

This is a different thing than being considered a liar.   Slander may happen unintentionally, when someone has questionable evidence and is misled by it. 

A liar is making a false claim that he knows is false from the start.

With this in mind, the second one is despicable.  The first one is just bad judgement or mostly bad luck.

A liar/slanderer is also someone who makes stuff up, period. 

2 hours ago, Dowell said:

Source please.

Nah. You just need to get up to speed yourself. The things that I mentioned are common knowledge now. 

Does this guy look like an octogenarian with co-morbidities: https://www.talkbasket.net/134348-former-hawks-guard-claims-covid-19-vaccine-caused-blood-clots-that-ended-his-nba-season

On 10/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, Cannucklehead said:

In 1922, the constitutionality of childhood vaccination was examined in the Supreme Court case Zucht v. King.  The court ruled that a school could deny admission to children who failed to provide a certification of vaccination for the protection of the public health.  In 1987, a measles epidemic occurred in Maricopa County, Arizona and another court case, Maricopa County Health Department vs. Harmon, examined the arguments of an individual's right to education over the states need to protect against the spread of disease. The court found it prudent to take action to combat the spread of disease by denying un-vaccinated children a place in school until the risk for the spread of measles had passed.

thats-a-shame.jpg

53 minutes ago, Shady said:

I’m sorry this upsets you.  But forcing people to put chemicals into their bodies without their consent is a complete abomination.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

To protect the public its acceptable to deny people certain things.  

5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

To protect the public its acceptable to deny people certain things.  

Without conditions, limitations, recourse and oversight this statement lies in the foundation of authoritarianism and totalitarianism. None of them will tell you that they are evil. Every single one of them claimed and claims to act to protect the public. And so the answer is not in limitation of individual freedoms and denying citizens their rights. Totalitarian regimes are role models in that.

17 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Did anyone tell you that these vaccines will never have negative side effects for anyone?

Yes, that's the main takeaway from the statement that "the vaccines are safe".

How would you interpret that statement? Does safe mean "possibly fatal" where you come from? 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Nah. You just need to get up to speed yourself. The things that I mentioned are common knowledge now. 

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccine-safety/

Of the 19,014 individual reports (0.034% of all doses administered), 4,927 were considered serious (0.009% of all doses administered).

Serious reactions in less than 1 in 10,000 makes it seem safer than crossing the street. 

Arbitrary restrictions and limitations of individual freedoms are possible only in authoritarian and totalitarian societies. In a democracy, every limitation has to be: reasonable; proportional; clearly explained; clearly argumented and justified; and subject to oversight and recourse. It is not about this thing or that benefit, ultimately it's about independence of citizens and protection from arbitrary and dictatorial authority, for whatever reasons and with any rationale. It looks like in this country we're way past this borderline. And it's interesting and intriguing to see that so few cared to even notice.

50 minutes ago, myata said:

Arbitrary restrictions and limitations of individual freedoms are possible only in authoritarian and totalitarian societies. In a democracy, every limitation has to be: reasonable; proportional; clearly explained; clearly argumented and justified; and subject to oversight and recourse. It is not about this thing or that benefit, ultimately it's about independence of citizens and protection from arbitrary and dictatorial authority, for whatever reasons and with any rationale. It looks like in this country we're way past this borderline. And it's interesting and intriguing to see that so few cared to even notice.

Could it be possible that it seems to you that no one else has noticed because most people think that the restrictions have met all the criteria that you listed?

reasonable; proportional; clearly explained; clearly argumented and justified; and subject to oversight and recourse

Edited by TreeBeard