Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

1 hour ago, taxme said:

If the fools out there who thinks that because they are fully vaccinated and that is it, well I have very bad news for them. Those firt two jabs are just the beginning of more jabs to come. The booster jabs are on their way.

Yep. And I'm not a fan of letting scientists program my immune cells with their own chemistry. I prefer for my own body to do some homework.

I'm pretty sure that my 25 yr old mattress has given me as much immunity as people get from wading in the Ganges. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

This is the exact kind of fake-science fear mongering that dirty politicians are using to divide Canadians - you know, the ones who are targeted by big pharma lobbyists.

You are one of big conspiracy believers. Just tell me what politicians are to gain from all these that they are trying so hard? Are you saying that say Pfizer pharmaceutical pays some millions of dollars to Justin Trudeau or premiers to make vaccines mandatory?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

24 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are one of big conspiracy believers. Just tell me what politicians are to gain from all these that they are trying so hard? Are you saying that say Pfizer pharmaceutical pays some millions of dollars to Justin Trudeau or premiers to make vaccines mandatory?

C2015, you really ought to respond to the litany of leftist politician/media lies that I mentioned before you start calling ME a conspiracy theorist. You were guilty of believing all of those lies, and pontificating to the world, and now you want to question my integrity?

Have some shame, dude.

I'm not going to say that "Big Pharma put money into Justin Trudeau's pocket" because I have no direct proof of that.

I do know for a fact that we've never seen a shred of evidence pointing to the need for vaccinating healthy 12-40 year-olds. 1) They don't die from covid, 2) they will still spread covid after they're vaxxed, 3) the vaccine is far more likely to harm them than it is to save their lives from covid. 

So you tell me: what's the most likely reason that Trudeau is helping one of NA's biggest lobbyists - big pharma - to target youths who don't need the vaccine?

Is it just a coincidence that he wrote the DPA law and weaselled so hard for SNC Lavalin, another one of Canada's biggest lobbyists?

He also solicited WE to host a charity event and then they got his mom to speak there, and in total they gave her almost half a million dollars in speaking fees and expenses: https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/trudeau-government-contributed-1-18-million-to-we-day-event-in-2017-during-which-pms-mother-was-likely-paid-to-speak

https://spencerfernando.com/2020/07/28/we-paid-margaret-trudeau-167944-more-than-previously-revealed/

Why does Trudeau always seem to follow the money? 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Northern Health with 5% of the population had 25% of the Covid deaths over the long weekend.

All you've done is identify one of the groups. How many deaths was it in total? Because that matters.

For example Wikipedia shows the 7-day average for deaths in BC is 28 people. 25% of this number is 7 people.

Is that what you are getting all excited about?

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

All you've done is identify one of the groups. How many deaths was it in total? Because that matters.

For example Wikipedia shows the 7-day average for deaths in BC is 28 people. 25% of this number is 7 people.

Is that what you are getting all excited about?

Peace River has the lowest vaccination rate in the country and it shows. 55 ICU patients have been airlifted to Fraser, Coastal and Island hospitals. 42 of them covid patients, 41 of them not vaccinated. BC currently has just over 150 Covid patients in ICU, more than a third of them from Northern which has 5% of the population. 

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Peace River has the lowest vaccination rate in the country and it shows. 55 ICU patients have been airlifted to Fraser, Coastal and Island hospitals. 42 of them covid patients, 41 of them not vaccinated. BC currently has just over 150 Covid patients in ICU, more than a third of them from Northern which has 5% of the population. 

It's a pity. But it's not what I pointed out. I didnt ask about ICU's and etc. We were talking about 7 people in the province. These things happen in clusters you know, and seven is a very small number.

But it sure is 25% of 28. You had that one right.

Looks to me like you are trying to make small numbers look big.

45 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's a pity. But it's not what I pointed out. I didnt ask about ICU's and etc. We were talking about 7 people in the province. These things happen in clusters you know, and seven is a very small number.

But it sure is 25% of 28. You had that one right.

Looks to me like you are trying to make small numbers look big.

Looks to me like you are trying to make big numbers look small. Almost all the dead people pass through ICU's to get there. This is a cluster all right, a Cluster F**** caused by a moronic antivax mentality in the north of the province. Good thing the parts of the province with high vaccination rates have room in their ICU's to take these idiots.

Edited by Aristides

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

a moronic antivax mentality 

This country is full of covidiots.

1) At risk people who decide not to get vaccinated and 2) vaccinated people who insist on vaccinating healthy 12 to 40 yr-olds for no reason.

Both groups are equally foolish, but only group 2 is doing harm to other people. 

On the whole people still haven’t woken up to the fact that you’re living under fascist dictates that are a total violation of constitutional and basic human rights.  The precedents are well established now.  People who push back or question are mocked.  We’ve essentially sacrificed freedom and democracy to please puritans.  It’s sickening, but this is probably just the beginning.  Imagine what you pay now for fuel and groceries doubling.  Imagine years of restrictions after we reach 85 plus percent of eligible people fully vaccinated.

You’ve been led down the garden path.  The master stroke is watching people lead the charge of their own enslavement.  I think vaccination is a good idea and I accepted the mandates, yet the asks and restrictions persist.  What a sham.   We’ve lost our freedom and living standards and can’t find a way back.  The door is slammed shut.  Who in Canada will fight back and win support? The Americans have lost too, with the exception of a few states that Biden is now beating into submission.   

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

Looks to me like you are trying to make big numbers look small. Almost all the dead people pass through ICU's to get there. This is a cluster all right, a Cluster F**** caused by a moronic antivax mentality in the north of the province. Good thing the parts of the province with high vaccination rates have room in their ICU's to take these idiots.

Yep, all seven of them...

10 hours ago, Aristides said:

Northern Health with 5% of the population had 25% of the Covid deaths over the long weekend. The great majority from the eastern part of the region.

Finland and Norway with populations greater than the whole of BC report 1, 2 or zero Covid deaths daily. How long are you going to use ineptitude, gross overspending of public resources, dumb and ineffective management as a rationale for restrictions on the general population? What kind of people these quasi arguments work for anyways? I paid to myself, I failed to deliver so now you must.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

How long are you going to use ineptitude, gross overspending of public resources, dumb and ineffective management as a rationale for restrictions on the general population?

As long as he can keep lying about how the mean old antivaxxers are responsible for all this death. All seven of them, in a province of 5M.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, myata said:

Finland and Norway with populations greater than the whole of BC report 1, 2 or zero Covid deaths daily. How long are you going to use ineptitude, gross overspending of public resources, dumb and ineffective management as a rationale for restrictions on the general population? What kind of people these quasi arguments work for anyways? I paid to myself, I failed to deliver so now you must.

How much do you think it costs  to send a specially equipped aircraft with a doctor and nurse from Vancouver to Peace River to pick up a patient on a ventilator to transport them to a hospital on Vancouver Island, then position that aircraft back to its base in Vancouver, just to try and save one unvaccinated fool’s life. Like any of you hypocrites care what anything costs. They’re just damn lucky the Island has a high vaccination and low hospitalization rate and the capacity to take them.

This isn’t Norway sunshine but maybe you should think about living there and enjoying their taxes.

Edited by Aristides

It's hard to argue with Aristides' point when you can't be sure exactly what that point is.

Apparently something happened in or around Peace River which he believes proves something about the wide world of Covid but he doesn't want to give us a link to show us exactly what he's talking about.

It sounds like something happened over a short period of time in some backwoods locale that Aristides believes proves some much larger point about the general pandemic (if a pandemic is what it is.)

I don't know...there could have been a weekend outbreak on an unvaccinated reserve or at one of those weird back-to-the-land religious gatherings up there for all we know.

But if we're using small examples to make larger points I actually know somebody who just went into the hospital for covid and I doubt he'll be walking out.

He may be unvaccinated. In fact, I think he most likely is. He's also obese and has about 5 comorbidities. He was on the speed train to a dirt nap in any case.

It got me to thinking...I wonder how many of these unvaccinated with comorbidities have just given up long before covid and they're just waddling around waiting for God to come get them and take them off this earth.

Are they selfish? Have they infected somebody before they got sent off to the ICU to shave a couple months off their final release. I don't know maybe. I can't hate them though.

I can't wish ostracism on the entire class of the mandate resistant (many of whom have much better reasons for not complying) or pump myself up as a superior being and wish them more discomfort if I should think they're being selfish.

Edited by Infidel Dog

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

This country is full of covidiots.

1) At risk people who decide not to get vaccinated and 2) vaccinated people who insist on vaccinating healthy 12 to 40 yr-olds for no reason.

Both groups are equally foolish, but only group 2 is doing harm to other people. 

Really? Who is clogging up the health care system and causing surgeries and other treatments to be cancelled?

Beats me. Who is? There was just a study showing seasonal death rates haven't changed since 2010 in Canada. 

Sure you can find the odd hospital or region where that's being challenged the odd week but that's always been the case too.

https://denisrancourt.ca/entries.php?id=104&name=2021_08_06_analysis_of_all_cause_mortality_by_week_in_canada_2010_2021_by_province_age_and_sex_there_was_no_covid_19_pandemic_and_there_is_strong_evidence_of_response_caused_deaths_in_the_most_elderly_and_in

Edited by Infidel Dog

57 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

It's hard to argue with Aristides' point when you can't be sure exactly what that point is.

Apparently something happened in or around Peace River which he believes proves something about the wide world of Covid but he doesn't want to give us a link to show us exactly what he's talking about.

It sounds like something happened over a short period of time in some backwoods locale that Aristides believes proves some much larger point about the general pandemic (if a pandemic is what it is.)

I don't know...there could have been a weekend outbreak on an unvaccinated reserve or at one of those weird back-to-the-land religious gatherings up there for all we know.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8260420/55-icu-patients-transferred-out-of-northern-b-c-as-situation-remains-extremely-serious-dix/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-northern-british-columbia-1.6208765

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-update-oct12-1.6207972

https://thetyee.ca/News/2021/10/12/COVID-Cases-Overwhelming-Northern-BC-Health-Care-System/

Most of Northern Health cases are east of the Rockies, the coastal portion, Prince Rupert, Kitimat, etc have very high vaccination and low case rates. For some reason, an exception is Vanderhoof.

Edited by Aristides

16 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not sure what the leaders have to gain personally, has Justin received any money from outside sources during his time as PM, nobody really knows, but i would not be surprised.

-Some of the benefits would be. immediate reduction world wide of green house gasses.

Massive drop in the use of fossil fuels.

An opportunity for business of every type to take advantage of the situation and gouge consumers. and in doing so the government watch's and collects more taxes.

Creates massive shortage of workers, which is an easy fix but the promote it as a major win for government. But at this moment mandatory injections is throwing away those gains by creating more jobless people.   

Gradual reduction of individuals freedoms and rights to the point it has become normal. 

Divides nation which is already divided.

19 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I see. So some patients in the north are being transferred to hospitals in the south - as has always been the case. I could tell you stories.

And it looks like what happened in Ontario and Alberta when the Delta variant first hit has been happening up there for now. The unvaccinated, for whatever reasons, are the most recorded. If the pattern of what's happened everywhere else remains true that ratio will start to even out, the cases will go down and the media will be less interested in telling you about it.

So what's your point then? Is that it? A grouping of 42 not fully vaccinated in remote locales got the covid and started making use of the hospital shuttle service that has always been active transferring patients south?

Edited by Infidel Dog

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

I see. So some patients in the north are being transferred to hospitals in the south - as has always been the case. I could tell you stories.

And it looks like what happened in Ontario and Alberta when the Delta variant first hit has been happening up there for now. The unvaccinated, for whatever reasons, are the most recorded. If the pattern of what's happened everywhere else remains true that ratio will start to even out, the cases will go down and the media will be less interested in telling you about it.

So what's your point then? Is that it? A grouping of 42 not fully vaccinated in remote locales got the covid and started making use of the hospital shuttle service that has always been active transferring patients south?

Because dumb asses won’t get vaccinated. Well over a million dollars has been spent sending a bunch of dumb asses south because another bunch of dumb asses have filled up their own regions hospitals. You guys don’t take responsibility for anything you do. You whine and moan about inefficiencies in the system while you go out of your way to abuse it.

Edited by Aristides