Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I've made my mind up when I'll take it.  I'm not there yet.

It's too new, the animal trials all failed, we do not know the long-term effects of it and the short-term effects are not looking acceptable to me.  It disturbs me that something like this- a vax only approved for emergency, experimental use is being forced on the entire public.  Everything to do with the roll-out of it goes against science and any doctors, immunologists, viral biologists, etc who speak about the dangers are quickly shut down, discredited and/or fired from their jobs.  The media and government is now dividing people into 2 groups, sowing dissension over an illness with a 99.5% survival rate.  The vaccinated people are now talking sending unvaxed people to camps, denying healthcare, denying employment, utter hatred being spewed.  When all this is happening, it tells me something is not right.  it tells me that someone is not looking out for the public's best interest.  Whether that is government, or Big Pharma or someone/something  else, we don't know as of yet.

But the whole thing is fishy to me.

So you’ve booked your appointment for the AstraZenica vaccine?  The one that uses the “old technology”?

You think that they should have just risked 175,000 people (0.5% of Canada) to die of a disease rather than push the development and use of vaccines?

54 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Public health orders are the law.

Most public health orders aren’t really law.  They haven’t been debated on and voted on as per actual legislation. Most of them are decrees circumventing the proper process of making laws.

Just now, Shady said:

Most public health orders aren’t really law.  They haven’t been debated on and voted on as per actual legislation. Most of them are decrees circumventing the proper process of making laws.

Do you think government is able to do things simply by declaration?  Or is it more likely that there legislation that the orders are issued under that was debated and passed into law years ago?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

So you’ve booked your appointment for the AstraZenica vaccine?  The one that uses the “old technology”?

You think that they should have just risked 175,000 people (0.5% of Canada) to die of a disease rather than push the development and use of vaccines?

Thanks to AstraZeneca, the covid virus isn’t new to my immune system now.  I think it’s actually better protection.

• Like 1

Just now, TreeBeard said:

Do you think government is able to do things simply by declaration?  Or is it more likely that there legislation that the orders are issued under that was debated and passed into law years ago?

I can understand emergency measures at the beginning of covid, but it’s been a year and a half.  Make law the constitutional way now. Edicts need to end.  Covid isn’t a surprise anymore.

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You’re right….  When you remove words and take them out of context, that is not debating in good faith.  I’m glad we can agree that you did that, the same as in my hypothetical.

Instead of debating in good faith, you imply that since I have (in my mind, legitimate) reservations about this particular vax, I'm also a neanderthal who believes all vaccines cause autism, which is not even the subject under discussion.

You know exactly what you're doing and saying.  You are not engaging in honest debate or discussion.

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You think that they should have just risked 175,000 people (0.5% of Canada) to die of a disease

Where did I say that?  Again, you are not an honest debater.

You and others here insist that coronavirus research is not new.  I agree.  So with all that research they have done, why did not they not isolate the vulnerable from the beginning?  We all know flus are harder on the elderly and obese. Why did they not do this?  Our country has had a clear pandemic plan for years and they tossed it all out the window.  Lockdowns, masks, shutting down of businesses and schools, destruction of the economy was to be the LAST resort in catastrophic circumstances only, not the FIRST.

Is it me personally who is killing people? Or was it someone else (government? Big Pharma?......) who killed all those vulnerable people?

Its very convenient and gives you that lovely self-righteous glow to believe that the un-vaxxed are the cause of all this, but they are not.  Bask in it, while you still can.  I suspect you are going to look like a giant fool in a few years time.

Edited by Goddess

11 minutes ago, Shady said:

I can understand emergency measures at the beginning of covid, but it’s been a year and a half.  Make law the constitutional way now. Edicts need to end.  Covid isn’t a surprise anymore.

Why would they need to pass legislation for emergency orders when it is already issued under existing legislation that allows them to do it?  

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And you are.....who? That is entitled to my medical information?

You told me about all the other vaccines you took and that your children took.  I didn’t realize this particular vaccine was off limits.

But, you stated you like vaccines, just not the mRNA ones.  

You also don’t like the AZ one?

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Instead of debating in good faith, you imply that since I have (in my mind, legitimate) reservations about this particular vax, I'm also a neanderthal who believes all vaccines cause autism, which is not even the subject under discussion.

You know exactly what you're doing and saying.  You are not engaging in honest debate or discussion.

I think there was a question mark at the end of that statement.  hence, I was asking if you were.  Not implying.  And, yes, I know exactly what I am saying…. Hence the question mark.

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Where did I say that?  Again, you are not an honest debater.

You and others here insist that coronavirus research is not new.  I agree.  So with all that research they have done, why did not they not isolate the vulnerable from the beginning?  We all know flus are harder on the elderly and obese. Why did they not do this?

Is it me personally who is killing people? Or was it someone else (government? Big Pharma?......) who killed all those vulnerable people?

Its very convenient and gives you that lovely self-righteous glow to believe that the un-vaxxed are the cause of all this, but they are not.  Bask in it, while you still can.  I suspect you are going to look like a giant fool in a few years time.

I don’t think the un-vaxxed caused a virus.  But, they are causing Alberta ICUs to fill up now, aren’t they?  

If someone needs knee surgery to get back to work, they can’t get it due to mostly un-vaxxed sick people using up precious hospital resources.  Do you agree?

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Why would they need to pass legislation for emergency orders when it is already issued under existing legislation that allows them to do it?  

Because it’s not an emergency anymore. An emergency by definition, is something unexpected.  It’s been a year and a half.  Covid is and has no longer been unexpected.  It’s actually the opposite now.  Pass laws properly!

Just now, Shady said:

Because it’s not an emergency anymore. An emergency by definition, is something unexpected.  It’s been a year and a half.  Covid is and has no longer been unexpected.  It’s actually the opposite now.  Pass laws properly!

Have you read the legislation to ensure that it still applies?  

A pandemic isn’t an emergency if it lingers for a bit?

Just now, TreeBeard said:

You might want to delete where you said the AZ vaccine is coursing through your veins.  Someone might use that information for nefarious purposes?

Not at all.  It’s up to me as to whether I want to divulge private information.  Not the government.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

Not at all.  It’s up to me as to whether I want to divulge private information.  Not the government.

I think we were speaking about this in the context of anonymous people speaking on this message board.  Not quite the same thing, is it?  

At least, I can assure you and Goddess that I am not a government agent looking for her real name to determine her vaxx status, if that’s what you guys think is happening here….  I wouldn’t ask for anyone’s real name.  If I do, just ignore me…. 

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You told me about all the other vaccines you took and that your children took.

No I didn't.  I said I had taken other vaccines.  I did not tell you "all about" them. Or which ones I have taken.

It's up to me to divulge. Or not. 

I respect everyone's decision as to what they will take into their bodies after they weigh all the risks. You have no such respect.  You seem to feel entitled to know the how and the why and everything about other people's medical choices.  You seem to feel that it's okay to force people to do things medically that they are uncomfortable with doing.

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, EastCanada90 said:

lots of people die from normal flu also.. so therefore the vaccine can be useful.. just get in line and get your vax  and stop being a moron on here.

You're the moron EC90. You don't know jack about vaccines and you just stuck something in your body based on a recommendation from the CBC and lying leftist politicians. 

I'll take my chances against covid and I don't give a rat's ass what you think. Get over yourself. 

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

No I didn't.  I said I had taken other vaccines.  I did not tell you "all about" them. Or which ones I have taken.

It's up to me to divulge. Or not. 

I respect everyone's decision as to what they will take into their bodies after they weigh all the risks. You have no such respect.  You seem to feel entitled to know the how and the why and everything about other people's medical choices.  You seem to feel that it's okay to force people to do things medically that they are uncomfortable with doing.

So, you’re ok in saying you e been vaccinated for “other things”. 
You’re ok saying you’re uncomfortable with mRNA vaccines because they’re new. 
You’re ok with talking about your children being vaccinated.  
We’re in a topic discussing vaccinations.

But I crossed the line when I asked about the AZ vaccine?  And it’s now a privacy issue on an anonymous discussion board?  

Can you understand my confusion about this one?