Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Vaccines have never been successful against the flu, and mRNA vaccines don't have any kind of a previous track record to speak of, it's just ignorant people who don't know that. 

lol  they have been successful actually   only ignorant people like you who wanna argue it seems. you talk about you go by the facts but yea you rule against wha t most scientist say lol.. who are the ones who know the true facts..

Edited by EastCanada90

5 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol  they have been successful actually   only ignorant people like you who wanna argue it seems. you talk about you go by the facts but yea you rule against wha t most scientist say lol.. who are the ones who know the true facts..

Quit conflating vaccines in general to this particular vaccine.  This particular vaccine is not like the others.  It's new, it's experimental and has only been approved for experimental use.  If someone doesn't want to be part of the experiment, they have the right, by law, to choose not to.

Just now, Goddess said:

Quit conflating vaccines in general to this particular vaccine.  This particular vaccine is not like the others.  It's new, it's experimental and has only been approved for experimental use.  If someone doesn't want to be part of the experiment, they have the right, by law, to choose not to.

if it was up to me you would be dragged in and given the vaccine but yep your right you got the choice.. and by choosing that enjoy not being able to  go anywhere  since you wont have a vaccine passport :).

22 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

No. Vaccines have not been successful against the flu. CDC:

How effective are flu vaccines?

CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well influenza (flu) vaccines protect against flu. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to those used to make flu vaccines. In general, current flu vaccines tend to work better against influenza B and influenza A(H1N1) viruses and offer lower protection against influenza A(H3N2) viruses.

There are also risk factors with the flu vaccine, and common symptoms:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/flu-vaccine.html

Common Side Effects

• Injection site reactions that include soreness, redness and swollen arm
  • Fever
  • Muscle Aches
  • Headache
  • Fatigue

Sounds a lot like..... the flu.

Summary:

Sometimes they make the right stuff, sometimes they don't, and even when they make the right batch, it only works 40-60% of the time against two strains of the flu. For the 3rd, it barely works for anyone. And people who take the shot can still get flu symptoms just from the shot, so what's the point? 

The polio vaccine works. Ditto for meningitis, smallpox and many other serious diseases. Thank god for that.

The flu vaccine kinda works, and it protects you from something that's not dangerous to most people. So whats the point of taking it? 

No, these are the first mRNA vaccines ever used.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

No. Vaccines have not been successful against the flu. CDC:

There are also risk factors with the flu vaccine, and common symptoms:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/flu-vaccine.html

Sounds a lot like..... the flu.

Summary:

Sometimes they make the right stuff, sometimes they don't, and even when they make the right batch, it only works 40-60% of the time against two strains of the flu. For the 3rd, it barely works for anyone. And people who take the shot can still get flu symptoms just from the shot, so what's the point? 

The polio vaccine works. Ditto for meningitis, smallpox and many other serious diseases. Thank god for that.

The flu vaccine kinda works, and it protects you from something that's not dangerous to most people. So whats the point of taking it? 

No, these are the first mRNA vaccines ever used.

lots of people die from normal flu also.. so therefore the vaccine can be useful.. just get in line and get your vax  and stop being a moron on here.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Because this is the law.  Get this into your head for once!  It is the law created by the majority.

Limiting people's freedoms is AGAINST the LAW.

lol stop whining..   there is nothing wrong with limiting peoples freedom who were 2 stubborn to get the vaccine and risk  the majority of us... so enjoy vaccine passports lady.

50 minutes ago, Goddess said:

We have had bodily autonomy in this country for a long time.  And this has been accepted, up til now, as part of being in a democratic society where government outreach is curbed and kept in check.

People have, and continue to do so, exercised that right medically.  Some refuse chemo or radiation treatment for cancer because their personal choice is to have 4 good months instead of 6 bad left to live.  Some refuse blood transfusions for religious reasons.  Others choose MAID when they are terminal.  As individuals, we may not agree with their choices, but they are THEIR choices, nonetheless.  

Is end of life termination contagious?

Do you think there might be a material difference between someone choosing something that only affects themselves and a highly contagious disease?

36 minutes ago, Goddess said:

What do you think the differences are between an mRNA vaccine and the “other” vaccines?  Do you think those “other” vaccines cause autism?

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

What do you think the differences are between an mRNA vaccine and the “other” vaccines?

Well, I know.  Maybe research them and then you'd know, too.

8 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think those “other” vaccines cause autism?

What is your problem?  Comprehension?  Or just mental malaise?  Trying to be a smartass?  I've said many times I'm not anti-vaxx.  I've vaccinated for travel many times.  I'm vaccinated, my children are vaccinated.  The safe vaccines, though.  The tried and tested ones.  Do you really think a person who has done all this vaccinating and researched the current covid vax would believe that vaccines cause autism? ?

21 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Is end of life termination contagious?

Do you think there might be a material difference between someone choosing something that only affects themselves and a highly contagious disease?

If you mean highly contagious, like the common cold or flu, then No.

If you mean highly deadly, then Yes, there would be a difference.

You SEEM relatively intelligent, I'm surprised I have to explain this to you.  Or maybe you're just feigning ignorance.  i don't know.

Covid is not highly deadly.  99.5% of people survive it unless they are elderly and/or have comorbidities.  Much like the common cold or flu.  Covid may be a bit deadlier than other flus we've seen, but you and others here talking about eliminating basic freedoms, shipping people off to camps to segregate them from society, denying healthcare and employment, walking around in terror of a virus with a 99.5% survival rate, talking about forcing others to take it against their will.....and then acting like it's other people who are fanatics...... laughable.

Edited by Goddess

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

If you mean highly contagious, like the common cold or flu, then No.

If you mean highly deadly, then Yes, there would be a difference.

You SEEM relatively intelligent, I'm surprised I have to explain this to you.  Or maybe you're just feigning ignorance.  i don't know.

Covid is not highly deadly.  99.5% of people survive it unless they are elderly and/or have comorbidities.  Much like the common cold or flu.  Covid may be a bit deadlier than other flus we've seen, but you and others here talking about eliminating basic freedoms, shipping people off to camps to segregate them from society, denying healthcare and employment, walkng around in terror of a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.....and then acting like it's other people who are fanatics...... laughable.

26,000 Canadians have died of COVID.  

1 in 500 Americans have died of COVID.

What would the numbers have to be at before you would call it “highly deadly” (not my terms)?

0.5% of the Canadian population is about 1750,000.  I think that qualifies as “pretty deadly”, if not “highly deadly”.  Deadly enough that I don’t think we should just let it run its course without trying to prevent the deaths as much as possible.

Did you know that mRNA technology has been around for multiple decades?

But you must have taken the AZ vaccine then, as it uses the older technology?

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Exactly.  Because they keep failing the animal testing.

Exactly. It costs billions to run the trials, approval process and manufacturing capacity. No company will do that if there isn’t a market to support it. Until Covid that market wasn’t there, neither were there governments throwing billions in to develop these vaccines.

The current approved vaccines did not fail animal testing. If they had there would have never been human trials.

Just now, TreeBeard said:

So you’ll take the vaccine when it becomes fully approved on not just for emergency use?

I've made my mind up when I'll take it.  I'm not there yet.

It's too new, the animal trials all failed, we do not know the long-term effects of it and the short-term effects are not looking acceptable to me.  It disturbs me that something like this- a vax only approved for emergency, experimental use is being forced on the entire public.  Everything to do with the roll-out of it goes against science and any doctors, immunologists, viral biologists, etc who speak about the dangers are quickly shut down, discredited and/or fired from their jobs.  The media and government is now dividing people into 2 groups, sowing dissension over an illness with a 99.5% survival rate.  The vaccinated people are now talking sending unvaxed people to camps, denying healthcare, denying employment, utter hatred being spewed.  When all this is happening, it tells me something is not right.  it tells me that someone is not looking out for the public's best interest.  Whether that is government, or Big Pharma or someone/something  else, we don't know as of yet.

But the whole thing is fishy to me.