Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

8 hours ago, cougar said:

Yep, another 5% converted through duress.   Threaten the rest to chop one of their limbs off and you might achieve 100% compliance!   Are you not the same people condemning the Marxists and Communists and the dictatorships?

It’s great how they pat themselves on the back for forcing people and taking away human rights. 

In England, thousands of health care workers threatened to strike if they mandate. The government backed off and cancelled it.

Nobody here knows, or even cares why.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

This is why we don’t talk much.

;) 

Aristides is trying to convince us that if a branch falls off a tree over his head due to high winds it is the same as a serial killer cutting the branch.   In both cases he will say "My actions have consequences.  I decided to walk into the forest and I am responsible"

?

But guess what; I know he will be first to scream foul play and sue the guy who cut the branch and hurt him.    And this is what any sane person would have done.

10 minutes ago, cougar said:

Aristides is trying to convince us that if a branch falls off a tree over his head due to high winds it is the same as a serial killer cutting the branch.   In both cases he will say "My actions have consequences.  I decided to walk into the forest and I am responsible"

?

But guess what; I know he will be first to scream foul play and sue the guy who cut the branch and hurt him.    And this is what any sane person would have done.

That's about the dumbest analogy I have ever seen. 

Maybe a better one would be, if you stand under the only tree on the hill in a lightening storm, you shouldn't be surprised if you get zapped.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, cougar said:

Aristides is trying to convince us that if a branch falls off a tree over his head due to high winds it is the same as a serial killer cutting the branch.

No one could be that dumb. I say he is taking us for a walk down the garden path. You want to go for stroll?

Fill your boots,, ,

;)

7 hours ago, Aristides said:

It amazes me that you think you should only accountable for the things you do and not anything you don’t.

It is amazing you believe one should be accountable for things they do not do that YOU think they should be doing!

This type of accountability comes with contracts.  If I signed a contract to do something and did not do it, this will attract accountability.

If I never promised you nothing, you can't hold me accountable for not doing what you want.

Come to my place to fix my bath tub.  You don't ?  It amazes me you think you are not accountable for it!

9 hours ago, Aristides said:

That's about the dumbest analogy I have ever seen.

This is because you did not even understand it.

Maybe you will understand this one

1.  if you stand under the only tree on the hill in a lightening storm, you shouldn't be surprised if you get zapped.   But you cannot blame anyone for it, but yourself.   You cant say - the lightning acted and it will have consequences for the lightning. 

2.  if you stand by a metal pole and someone manages to electrocute you there, because they wanted to, as they did not like the way you think, this is a result of someone's actions.  You can sue the guy who electrocuted you.

Now in case 1,you have someone refusing to get vaccinated and getting infected with COVID

In case 2, you have someone refusing to get vaccinated and suffering the consequences of someone's deliberate decisions. (limiting your freedoms, ability to work, travel, enjoy full life)

If you don't understand again, can't help you.

28 minutes ago, cougar said:

1.  if you stand under the only tree on the hill in a lightening storm, you shouldn't be surprised if you get zapped.   But you cannot blame anyone for it, but yourself.   You cant say - the lightning acted and it will have consequences for the lightning. 

2.  if you stand by a metal pole and someone manages to electrocute you there, because they wanted to, as they did not like the way you think, this is a result of someone's actions.  You can sue the guy who electrocuted you.

Now in case 1,you have someone refusing to get vaccinated and getting infected with COVID

In case 2, you have someone refusing to get vaccinated and suffering the consequences of someone's deliberate decisions. (limiting your freedoms, ability to work, travel, enjoy full life)

By the looks of things, it sure looks like you have had more than one tree branch fall and land on your head. ?

1 hour ago, cougar said:

It is amazing you believe one should be accountable for things they do not do that YOU think they should be doing!

This type of accountability comes with contracts.  If I signed a contract to do something and did not do it, this will attract accountability.

If I never promised you nothing, you can't hold me accountable for not doing what you want.

Come to my place to fix my bath tub.  You don't ?  It amazes me you think you are not accountable for it!

You don’t believe there's a social contract between all Canadians to try and keep everyone as safe as possible for the greater good?

1 hour ago, cougar said:

You don't give your dog its shots. It has a run in with a rabid racoon then bites a neighbours kid and gives them rabies. Not your fault because you didn't do anything. Right

What's the difference between that and denying someone an ICU bed because you couldn't be bothered to get yourself vaccinated and are taking up that bed yourself? Not your fault because you didn't do anything. Right.

Edited by Aristides

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You don't give your dog its shots. It has a run in with a rabid racoon then bites a neighbours kid and gives them rabies. Not your fault because you didn't do anything. Right

If there is a law mandating the vaccination of your dog , you may be found liable.   Dogs are considered property (don't ask me why) and for this reason they have no charter of rights.   It is very different with people.   See how it goes passing a law mandating human vaccinations.

20 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You don’t believe there's a social contract between all Canadians to try and keep everyone as safe as possible for the greater good?

There is no social contract between all Canadians for nothing.  There is no social contract that a multi billionaire will give part of his wealth to me (or you) for the greater good.    

Don't ask me to ask you of your understanding of "greater good" .   I know you will struggle immensely.

16 minutes ago, cougar said:

If there is a law mandating the vaccination of your dog , you may be found liable.   Dogs are considered property (don't ask me why) and for this reason they have no charter of rights.   It is very different with people.   See how it goes passing a law mandating human vaccinations.

That's your excuse? What a pathetic human being.

14 minutes ago, cougar said:

There is no social contract between all Canadians for nothing.  There is no social contract that a multi billionaire will give part of his wealth to me (or you) for the greater good.    

Don't ask me to ask you of your understanding of "greater good" .   I know you will struggle immensely.

So why  do we even have a health care system if its every person for themselves? You obviously feel you will never need one.

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So why  do we even have a health care system if its every person for themselves? You obviously feel you will never need one.

Having various types of insurance policies - health insurance, car insurance, property insurance, employment insurance is just that  - insurance - a for profit business, which in many cases is not optional.

It does not mean we have unlimited social obligations and responsibilities, where I give my body away for the greater good.

Edited by cougar

8 minutes ago, cougar said:

Having various types of insurance policies - health insurance, car insurance, property insurance, employment insurance is just that  - insurance - a for profit business, which in many cases is not optional.

It does not mean we have unlimited social obligations and responsibilities, where I give my body away for the greater good.

Yes it does.  Every Canadian who has ever gone to war has done exactly that. Every Canadian who has become a police officer or fire fighter has done exactly that.

87% of BC Covid ICU cases are unvaccinated, 6% have had one shot and 7% are fully vaccinated. All the fully vaccinated are elderly or have serious co-morbidities. BC is now transferring critical Covid cases from the north to as far away as Vancouver Island. I wonder how their families feel as they see their unvaccinated loved one disappear on a medivac flight wondering if they will ever see them alive again. 

But hey. MA RIGHTS.

Edited by Aristides

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes it does.  Every Canadian who has ever gone to war has done exactly that. Every Canadian who has become a police officer or fire fighter has done exactly that.

You forget one thing again - the most important one.  They chose to be there and went voluntarily.

Whether for the "greater good" or their personal gains, I don't know and wouldn't care.

6 minutes ago, cougar said:

You forget one thing again - the most important one.  They chose to be there and went voluntarily.

Whether for the "greater good" or their personal gains, I don't know and wouldn't care.

Yes they did. They accept unlimited liability. What would be their personal gain? Believe it or not, there are people who want to serve their country and communities, to actually make a positive deference. You won't even do something that could save your own life and others. What a hero you are.

Just now, Aristides said:

Yes they did. They accept unlimited liability. What would be their personal gain? Believe it or not, there are people who want to serve their country and communities, to actually make a positive deference. You won't even do something that could save your own life and others. What a hero you are.

I don't doubt some went there thinking they do others good.  Our soldiers in Afghanistan, for example.

But did someone go to their homes to snatch them away and send them in Afghanistan against their will?  did someone threaten their freedoms and rights if they refused?

What kind of a person I am and if I will put my ass on the line for you is outside this discussion.    We are discussing the 20% of our society who rightfully feel their human rights stripped away.

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

I don't doubt some went there thinking they do others good.  Our soldiers in Afghanistan, for example.

But did someone go to their homes to snatch them away and send them in Afghanistan against their will?  did someone threaten their freedoms and rights if they refused?

What kind of a person I am and if I will put my ass on the line for you is outside this discussion.    We are discussing the 20% of our society who rightfully feel their human rights stripped away.

No one did snatch them away. 99.9% of Canadians who have fought in wars were all volunteers. My father spent four years overseas during WW2 as did about a million other Canadians. Since when has getting vaccinated been putting your ass on the line? What a snowflake. Almost 80% of British Columbians are fully vaccinated and over 85% have had at least one shot. Your band of hero's is getting smaller every day. 

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Do you think most Canadians would agree with you?