Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

What is the salary of a public hospital manager in Finland vs. Ontario? I expect the latter be much higher. So why can't we get similar results? Why always problems with shortages, resources this that etc forever? And why drama and performances instead, I didn't order it and don't care and wouldn't pay an extra penny for it. If so interested in dramatic career feel free to find it in the theater, the right place for cheap entertainment.

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What ICU’s are filled?  Tilting at windmills.  We’re imposing restrictions for political and psychological reasons that have little bearing on public safety.  There aren’t many at-risk people left to vaccinate.  Kids are quite safe.  End all restrictions.  Let people take responsibility for their Covid safety.  

At the end of the week Alberta had 10% ICU capacity left. During the third wave Manitoba and the GTA were both transporting patients to other jurisdictions.

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You suck because everything is about you. If you don’t want ICU’s filled do something about it yourself and stop whining about your rights.

I have.  I’m fully vaccinated.  I just recognize somebody’s fundamental right to decide what chemicals get injected into their bodies.

17 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Sure they are because they are peddling this false narrative and they are the ones getting sick.

Complete nonsense.  Vaccinated people can infect other vaccinated people, and can infect unvaccinated.  And vice versa.  Regardless, if you choose to be fully vaccinated, you have a one in 5000 chance of getting covid at all.  Even smaller than that to get hospitalized.  And a greater chance of dying in car accident.  Have you stopped driving yet?  If not, STFU.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  Vaccinated people can infect other vaccinated people, and can infect unvaccinated.  And vice versa.  Regardless, if you choose to be fully vaccinated, you have a one in 5000 chance of getting covid at all.  Even smaller than that to get hospitalized.  And a greater chance of dying in car accident.  Have you stopped driving yet?  If not, STFU.

Unvaccinated people are 37 times more likely to take up ICU beds than vaccinated. They are medical parasites.

Why do you guys keep equating highly infectious diseases with auto accidents, heart attacks and obesity. Do you wear a seatbelt?

Edited by Aristides

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Unvaccinated people are 37 times more likely to take up ICU beds than vaccinated. They are medical parasites.

Correction: in Canada and according to numbers that were not independently verified (as well as the reporting practice). Why ICU to cases rate in Finland four times lower than in Ontario?

4 hours ago, Shady said:

But it’s not up to other people to inject chemicals into their body to make you or anyone else feel safer or be safer.  That’s a fundamental right.

You have the right to not be INTENTIONALLY infected by others.  There is legislation for that.  But no one has the right to be NOT infected with anything.  That's "act of God" stuff.  People go around infecting others with the flu and the common cold all year long, both of which are also deadlier and harder on the elderly and those with comorbidities.

What are you going to do, start suing the person (you think) gave you the flu and cost you a week at work?  Grama gets a flu, which turns into pneumonia, which leads to cardiac arrest - are you going to sue?  And who do you sue?

All this for an illness with over 99% survival rate.  It's like shooting a bazooka into a crowd to kill a mosquito.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

I recognize it as well but that doesn’t absolve them from the consequences of their decisions.

No.  No.  You don't get to "create" the consequences.

The natural consequence of not getting the jab is what?  Like a fraction of a percentage more that you will be hospitalized.

This is like the hijab thing - 

"It's totally your choice to wear it or not.  But if you leave the house without it, we'll beat you senseless.  But it's totally your choice."

No.  You don't get to "create" the consequences.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

No.  No.  You don't get to "create" the consequences.

The natural consequence of not getting the jab is what?  Like a fraction of a percentage more that you will be hospitalized.

This is like the hijab thing - 

"It's totally your choice to wear it or not.  But if you leave the house without it, we'll beat you senseless.  But it's totally your choice."

No.  You don't get to "create" the consequences.

Sure you do. All human consequences are created. They are called laws.

55 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Sure you do. All human consequences are created. They are called laws.

No, human laws are not natural consequences.

Covid is a natural thing.  It's been around for millennia, it will continue to be around for millennia.  If you're buying into the  ZERO-covid narrative, you're being deceived.

If you're jabbed and still terrified to walk the streets, then stay home.

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No, human laws are not natural consequences.

Covid is a natural thing.  It's been around for millennia, it will continue to be around for millennia.  If you're buying into the  ZERO-covid narrative, you're being deceived.

If you're jabbed and still terrified to walk the streets, then stay home.

All public health laws involve natural phenomena. COVID 19 is a new virus, humans have no immunity.

I don’t believe in Zero Covid. I do believe in safeguarding our health care system and avoiding unnecessary deaths. Why do you people always deal in extremes?

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No, we are all responsible for our own actions whether you like it or not.

Then your business is done here. I'm responsible for mine as I'm sure you are for yours. We can talk and even come to some common conclusions on what the responsibility means. But of course, it would be a moot point with anyone who has learned and only knows how to have a one-way conversation, i.e dictate.

32 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No, we are all responsible for our own actions whether you like it or not.

But focus on the word "action".   It is "action" not "inaction".    

You are asking me to pay a price for not taking the action that YOU want me to take!

32 minutes ago, cougar said:

But focus on the word "action".   It is "action" not "inaction".    

You are asking me to pay a price for not taking the action that YOU want me to take!

I don’t want you to do anything, just take responsibility for what you do or don’t do. You think you should be able to do anything you want without consequences. You aren’t a society of one.

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don’t want you to do anything, just take responsibility for what you do or don’t do. You think you should be able to do anything you want without consequences. You aren’t a society of one.

Just out of curiosity, why do you assume that people who disagree with you are not doing it already?

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

COVID killed ten times as many Americans in 2020 than the worst influenza year in the last decade.

How much of that is because of such good counting we are doing nowadays. Comparing directly to the pre- covid system is not “fair”. All of this is new data, much of it yet to even be analyzed. Theres been nothing like it before.

Second is that other patients died, or will die years earlier and on more pain due to their disease advancing while treatments were no longer available.