Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

Since the times lost in history there are folks among us for whom their own freedom was not enough - they wouldn't be content, even down to force and violence, with them being free to do what they like, unless everyone else is made to do what they (the freedom folks) like. Think of the inquisition, they had their massive church to preach whatever they liked and needed and still they couldn't stop persecuting small sects, opponents, and just random people. Ok we know that because it's a fact of history.

The strategy of universal vaccination was based on the premise of significant if not full suppression of transmission. Testing was needed and it has been tested. No, it does not stop transmission and this is clear. And this is the end of the road for mandatory universal vaccinations and we shouldn't insist on following the path that leads into a dead end.

Vulnerable population should be strongly advised to vaccinate and keep vaccinating for as long as necessary.

Younger and healthy have to be given clear information: here's the risks this way and that and here's how they compare to the everyday risks you know. And access to vaccine, for as long as needed, as a voluntary and conscious choice.

Mandatory vaccinations can be required only where justified, explained and proven. Private companies cannot be required to impose vaccine mandates. Special regulations can be made for mass events and gatherings, on the same principles: justify, explain, prove.

That is an intelligent, rational way to coexist with the infection if it could not be eliminated. There's also that of marching blindfolded in a random direction. The choice is, as always, ours.

Edited by myata

4 hours ago, Argus said:

Getting a shot was no big deal for me. I had no side effects for either one. Yes, I'll get a booster. Hopefully this won't be something you have to do every year but if we do, we do.

Those figures are deceptive. Almost everyone over 50 is vaccinated. And the majority of those who are not vaccinated are much younger. That means the risk profile for the elderly comes into play in slanting deaths towards them. 

However when you compare vaccinated vs unvaccinated within the same age groups the unvaccinated are getting much more ill and dying at a much higher rate.

false

I showed the age group breakdowns

the opposite is actually true

those over 80 and vaccinated are a lower percentage of the cases than unvaccinated

but all the younger age groups are a higher percentage of the cases than the unvaccinated

As with Ontario and everywhere else, the vast majority of those in hospital are unvaccinated. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

The vast majority of people who are battling COVID-19 in B.C.'s intensive care units are not fully vaccinated against the disease, and that's especially true of the younger people who develop serious illness.

Dix said there are 130 people in intensive care in the province as of Thursday - one more than the number officially released by the health ministry on Wednesday - though he cautioned that Thursday's numbers had not yet been finalized.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/all-covid-19-patients-under-age-50-in-b-c-icus-are-unvaccinated-health-minister-says-1.5579272

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

As with Ontario and everywhere else, the vast majority of those in hospital are unvaccinated. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

The vast majority of people who are battling COVID-19 in B.C.'s intensive care units are not fully vaccinated against the disease, and that's especially true of the younger people who develop serious illness.

Dix said there are 130 people in intensive care in the province as of Thursday - one more than the number officially released by the health ministry on Wednesday - though he cautioned that Thursday's numbers had not yet been finalized.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/all-covid-19-patients-under-age-50-in-b-c-icus-are-unvaccinated-health-minister-says-1.5579272

Israel shows different

the numbers are not the same everywhere

you are the one lying

Edited by Yzermandius19

Vaccination muzak is only a distraction. A very high level of vaccination has been achieved so far almost entirely through voluntary compliance and extra few percent cannot make decisive difference so it's impossible to tell why someone is fanning out the "antivaxx" drama instead of making it available and honestly showing the benefits. Unless that is, it works as a distraction, a scapegoat method and please tell me that it would be something new. So what is it trying to distract us from? Let's try to guess:

First, there are clear signs, and first results that vaccination does not fully prevent infection and transmissions. This is a nail in the coffin of the universal mandatory immunization, the rationale in all earlier cases being complete eradication of the disease.

Secondly, nobody is telling us what will happen to the mandates when vaccine protection will begin expiring by end of the year.

And finally, there can be unintended and serious long-term consequences for the population if the mandatory methods are adopted for perpetuity without careful consideration and a serious discussion. And who is thinking and discussing if / when all the energy seem to be going into drumming?

1 hour ago, myata said:

Vaccination muzak is only a distraction. A very high level of vaccination has been achieved so far almost entirely through voluntary compliance and extra few percent cannot make decisive difference so it's impossible to tell why someone is fanning out the "antivaxx" drama instead of making it available and honestly showing the benefits. Unless that is, it works as a distraction, a scapegoat method and please tell me that it would be something new. So what is it trying to distract us from? Let's try to guess:

That 'muzak' is just a bunch of lying politicians, aka the 'friends' of lobbyists, playing us like a giant violin. 

I'd personally like to get vaccinated for covid, and to get my kid vaccinated when he turns 12, but only with a traditional vaxx that challenges the immune system to respond.  if conclusive stats come out from a reputable source that say that the virus is actually deadly for everyone and the vaxxes actually work that's one thing, but a huge part of me can't possibly trust the lying leftist politicians and their sycophant media who did everything that they could to get covid established here before they started making grand accusations against everyone else and started pimping the vaxxes as our only hope. 

A year ago Harris and Biden didn't trust the vaccines because they came from Trump, then all of a sudden their loyalty to Big Pharma, I mean... the vaccines, was unsettling, or unwavering, whatever the word is. 

First, there are clear signs, and first results that vaccination does not fully prevent infection and transmissions. This is a nail in the coffin of the universal mandatory immunization, the rationale in all earlier cases being complete eradication of the disease.

Bingo. The vaccines have achieved herd mentality so far, but they completely gave up on herd immunity. 

Secondly, nobody is telling us what will happen to the mandates when vaccine protection will begin expiring by end of the year.

I'm gonna guess... more lucrative vaccinations? 

And finally, there can be unintended and serious long-term consequences for the population if the mandatory methods are adopted for perpetuity without careful consideration and a serious discussion. And who is thinking and discussing if / when all the energy seem to be going into drumming?

There's a case to be made for building up natural immunity vs constantly using vaccinations as a manual override. 

One the one hand, maybe pharmaceutical companies are the only ones who can deal with the threat from gain-of-function viruses, but on the other hand, how well will our own immune systems work as a species after 100 or 1,000 years of lab override? Will we become completely drug dependent? 

For sure some people definitely need the vaxx. They're the ones who rely on drugs to lose weight and to stay alive because they want to eat like shit, smoke and drink 24/7. For those people, vaccines are definitely their only hope. I've never been one to look for my answers in a bottle of either kind. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Looks like snake oil.

If the vaccines were any worse I'd have to guess that they came from Iran. 

Israel is the most vaccinated nation on the planet and has been for a while

the effectiveness of the vaccines wanes over time

hence why the need for boosters

it's not that vaccines suck, it's that they are no panacea

and those claiming they are

are lying to you

but the main point is

no matter how well vaccinated a nation is

that doesn't make covid go away

the idea that it is only because of the unvaccinated that the disease persists

is totally false

the whole rationale for mandatory vaccine passports

is the snake oil

Biden claiming this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated

is total anti-science horseshit

Edited by Yzermandius19

A full year and some on, is it not the time to turn from drum-beating and propaganda to intelligent search for working, possibly and even likely, long term solutions? Some countries have been doing that from the start, and look, they aren't much worse off. But in contrast to the shotgun method, they actually learned something, and much valuable on how to coexist with the infection, while we here have to start a whole new panacea march when the previous one wouldn't do the trick.

17 hours ago, Argus said:

Getting a shot was no big deal for me. I had no side effects for either one. Yes, I'll get a booster. Hopefully this won't be something you have to do every year but if we do, we do.

What about getting a shot every six months? That's the way the data is leaning right now when you look across the water. 

17 hours ago, Argus said:

Those figures are deceptive. Almost everyone over 50 is vaccinated. And the majority of those who are not vaccinated are much younger. That means the risk profile for the elderly comes into play in slanting deaths towards them. 

However when you compare vaccinated vs unvaccinated within the same age groups the unvaccinated are getting much more ill and dying at a much higher rate.

You missed the main point. The fact you are claiming is true at the start but immunity has shown to wane. Even in the Under 50 group in the UK the numbers are starting to shift. From July 21 to July 5, the cases in that in that period were 62.41% unvaccinated. In the period between Aug 15 to Aug 29 that same number is 41.94%. Looking at the same group over the same period, the hospitalizations have gone from 65.47% to 55.42% and the deaths have gone from 83.33% to 65.85%. The rates for double vaccinated people have mirrored this by starting low and trending up. 

This is only data from a 2 month period. I am curious how these numbers are going to look in 4 months or 6 months. This was why Israel opted for boosters after 6 months. 

A few points of discussion on this:

1.  85% of the cases in the UK for Delta (to date) have been with the under 50 group so it should be expected that group will have higher hospitalization numbers. They also have only 8% of the deaths even with these high numbers which is again indicative of your comment on age and health in general. 

2. Both the over 50 and under 50 groups have shown a downward trend in immunity but they differ in the timing. This is explained by the fact that the over 50 group got their vaccine shots first. 

3.  The numbers from the UK don't show any relation to pre-existing conditions but we know that's a factor. The Alberta website had a pretty good graphic on this for all Covid cases that showed 80% of hospitalizations and 97% of deaths were with people who had pre-existing conditions. If this is even somewhat true then our approach needs to be and should have been to educate these people that because of their condition that they need to be vaccinated and are getting vaccinated regularly (every 6 months) as well as the elderly. If we were to achieve this then hospital numbers would be manageable and we could truly reopen. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:15 PM, Army Guy said:

I think you might get 30 maybe 40 % of that number to get the jab if we are really lucky, the others all think their is some government conspiracy going on that they are trying to control their mind or something...until they make it mandatory there is going to be a large chunk that will say no way, and until they see the bodies stacked up in the hospitals nothing will convince them of anything...by then it will be to late... Sometimes i have to shake my head and wonder how these people can navigate life with having kids, buying cars and homes, managing money they whole life thing, but somehow mange to convince themselves this is all a conspiracy theory or the vaccines are going to kill you... 

These covid vaccine mandates and passports and the forced wearing of clown masks once again are all apart of a big pharma globalist communist conspiracy. It's just that people like you are just plain to dumb to see it happening right in front of their noses. 

The big pharma globalists are starting to lose, and their agenda has now been revealed, and now they are in panic mode. They are pushing our dear communist political leaders, their corporate owned media, and those so called health officials to push as hard as they can to get people like me all vaccinated. It won't work.

Why must they have 100% of the population be vaccinated?  It's easy peasy to see. MONEY. It's not and never was about a virus at all. It has all been about pushing vaccinaes so those big pharma globalists can make billions from gullible buffoons who will take their experimental vaccine poisons just so then once again travel. Such bimbos indeed. 

The Delta fourth wave is dying off but our dear comrade globalists leaders, the fake and lying media, and those so called lying paid off health officials and unethical doctors are still trying to hang on to their medical communist tyranny control over we the people by now saying that if one is not fully vaccinated then they can not be allowed in any business or stores unless fully vaccinated. This is truly a crime against humanity. 

If the buffoons out there are quite content to see other people's rights and freedoms violated, like Citizen 1984 as an example, than do not believe or think that you will be free enough to come and go. There will be plenty of booster shots coming their way, and if they do not take their booster shots, they will also find themselves being denied services in stores or businesses. It will happen, guaranteed. Sadly, those buffoons will always do as they are told. They will go along with the plan, man, without  asking any questions or challenging anything. The communists have two words for those buffoons. It is called "useful idiots". Hello to all of you useful idiots out there. Have a nice vaccine day. LOL.

18 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Israel shows different

No it doesn't. And I've already explained why.

Walensky said Friday that well over 90% of people in U.S. hospitals with COVID-19 are unvaccinated.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/cdc-study-unvaccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid-19/37550486#

16 minutes ago, Argus said:

No it doesn't. And I've already explained why.

Walensky said Friday that well over 90% of people in U.S. hospitals with COVID-19 are unvaccinated.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/cdc-study-unvaccinated-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid-19/37550486#

that ain't Israel

and your explanation isn't a good one

you just think it is

step your game up, Argus

this is weak sauce

Edited by Yzermandius19

This type of tragic stories are used to justify blank restrictions on general population, often of unknown efficiency. What they would not usually tell is the background, that of hallway medicine, a system at near if not actually at capacity as was reported regularly in some places, having to face a once-in-a-century pandemic. I personally know someone who had, with a head injury to wait several hours in ER for a scan. All of that was before Covid and after close to two decades of fixing it for a generation. Basically, unknown taxpayer funds, billions were spent, consumed on just maintaining the status quo, in a condition of slow decay. And now it the reason you have to do this and that, sit ups, jumping jacks whatever next comes up from high on, never asking questions or getting explanations what does it do, has done and what sense it makes. Are you hopeful for the future?

Much of the new healthcare increases go to wages and hospital debt.  There are no hard choices for spending and certainly no improvements to wait times.  It’s a bloated system that justifies its ineffectiveness by banging the drum of crisis and underfunding.  Bullshit. Health like education is full of fluffy feel-good programs that don’t add up to better outcomes.  If you hear words like wellness and equity, you know if been overrun by layabout charlatans who don’t know what they’re doing. Wellness?   What about the suicidal patient who gets one assessment every three months but can now be suicided by a committee though he’s not of sound mind?   What about the emergency room staffed by doctors who are “on call” but seldom onsite?  Covid, really?  Is that the excuse we’re going to lean on to prevent people from living normal lives and getting medical treatment?  The only certainty I have about the “4th wave” is that more restrictions and mandates are coming.  Covid is the eternal threat leaned on to maintain the shit quality of life we seem to be accepting for Canadians.  The Americans are there too.  Biden turned out to be a big disappointment.  Like our current leader, he’s a pro at telling people that they can’t have normal lives because….variants.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 8/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, WestCanMan said:

When people weren't vaccinated, well over 99% of healthy people had non-existent, or very low symptoms.

Really? The exact same %age of vaccinated and unvaccinated people in Massachusetts were found to be carrying the D variant. https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/30/provincetown-covid-outbreak-vaccinated/

The article says that few vaccinated people get sick, but NBC sings quite a different tune: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/breakthrough-covid-cases-least-125-000-fully-vaccinated-americans-have-n1275500

It doesn't seem like the mortality rate among the vaccinated is any lower than the rate for anyone else. 

I am confused about your post sharing and approach to information. One second you are dismissing anything that is from "mainstream media", the next second you are posting from them.

The reality is that majority of the people in the ICU + who are dying are overwhelmingly those who are unvaccinated.

When you get vaccinated, you improve the chances of having reduced symptoms if you get COVID. and you reduce the chances of overwhelming the healthcare system. These facts cannot be disputed. Ask Jason Kenney.

Are you unvaccinated WestCanMan?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marcus said:

I am confused about your post sharing and approach to information. One second you are dismissing anything that is from "mainstream media", the next second you are posting from them.

When MSM says anything that's contrary to their political narrative I post it because leftists can't deny what they see on WashPo and NYT. If that study came from Fox leftists would dismiss it our of hand. 

The reality is that majority of the people in the ICU + who are dying are overwhelmingly those who are unvaccinated.

It's a cherry-picked stat.

Are there a bunch of people who were deemed "too unfit to risk vaccinating"? I dunno. 

Do people count as unvaccinated in those stats if they're vaccinated with 1 Pfizer and 1 Moderna? Or if they were vaccinated with the same meds twice, but at double the prescribed interval time? I know that Moderna would't want to count those.

It sounds like I'm being paranoid, but we keep seeing "really convincing" stats from the gov't which show 2 categories: 1) "dbl-vaxxed" vs 2) "unknown vaxx status". WTF does "unknown vaxx status" even mean? IMO it's a total bullshit stat. 

When you get vaccinated, you improve the chances of having reduced symptoms if you get COVID. and you reduce the chances of overwhelming the healthcare system. These facts cannot be disputed. Ask Jason Kenney.

So say the people who told us that 'the vaxxes would get us to herd immunity', then changed their tune to 'vaxxed ppl can carry C19 but they won't get sick', then 'they'll get sick but they won't die', then they finished at 'only the elderly ones die'. 

How many lies do they get to tell and still expect me to listen to their next great reason for vaxxing? 

Are you unvaccinated WestCanMan?

Yes. I'm old enough that I could have gotten vaccinated fairly early on (53), but I didn't consider myself to be as 'at risk' as a lot of people, and I know that a lot of people were scared shitless so I decided to wait a bit. 

Then the bullshit stats started rolling in, and the pressure for everyone to "VAXX, VAXX, VAXX!!!!!" got idiotic. We've been told since the beginning that we don't get natural immunity from surviving covid, now that's known to be bullshit as well. Some say that people who had covid have several as much immunity as dbl-vaxxed. 

Leftists were also against therapeutics, Florida started gobbling them up, now suddenly Biden wants to take control of that supply chain, while again, pimping vaccines as the only real champion in the fight: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/16/desantis-blasts-plan-cut-monoclonal-antibody-meds-florida/8368325002/ 

DeSantis was universally proclaimed to be an idiot for going that route, now they're saying that the Dems need to control access to it. I bet that means that no one who is wealthy enough to go to the Met Gala ever needs to worry. 

One more thing, people actually were dying from the vaccines but we're supposed to believe that's not the case. Seems like every case where people may have been killed by the vaccines is still "under investigation". Why are covid deaths instantly filed as C19 deaths but vaxx deaths never seem to get official status? There are cases where C19 deaths were overstated by the tens of thousands. Apparently that's no big deal, but we can't even say that 1 person was killed by the vaxx?????

I don't know who to trust but I don't trust vaxx-advocates at all. 

I have an appointment to see my family Dr next week to talk about covid. If I can't get tested to see if I already had covid, and I have natural immunity, then I will get vaccinated once the Medicago vaxx gets final approval. It's a traditional vaccine tha gives immunity by limited exposure. 

It may seem like I'm ranting, please don't take it personally, But I know that I'm getting lied to constantly and I'm not happy about it. Our MSM is pure shit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It may seem like I'm ranting, please don't take it personally, But I know that I'm getting lied to constantly and I'm not happy about it. Our MSM is pure shit. 

This is me too.  It's the lying.  Why are they doing it?  Fear.  Look even here, there are people advocating denying healthcare to unvaxxed, sending them to camps, denying them basic freedoms, plunking them in refrigerated cooler when they get sick "because that's where dead bodies go" even though there's a 99% chance of  most surviving, without being elderly and having comorbidities.

It's scary how fast this has turned and the fear that created that is making normally sensible, rational people throw their fellow citizens under the bus. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Goddess said:

This is me too.  It's the lying.  Why are they doing it?  Fear.  Look even here, there are people advocating denying healthcare to unvaxxed, sending them to camps, denying them basic freedoms, plunking them in refrigerated cooler when they get sick "because that's where dead bodies go" even though there's a 99% chance of  most surviving, without being elderly and having comorbidities.

It's scary how fast this has turned and the fear that created that is making normally sensible, rational people throw their fellow citizens under the bus. 

None of them is true except may be denying healthcare coverage to those who chose not to vaccinate. Even that was not suggested anywhere here that I have read. But now that you mentioned it, may be that is not a bad idea. Considering that ICU per covid patient is $50,000 and hospitalization cost is $20,000 per covid patient and overwhelming majority of those in Hospitals and ICU are unvaccinated who refused to vaccinate in spite of repeated posts and request, then why we should pay for their selfishness and ignorance? Let them pay for their own avoidable cost.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

None of them is true except may be denying healthcare coverage to those who chose not to vaccinate. Even that was not suggested anywhere here that I have read. But now that you mentioned it, may be that is not a bad idea. Considering that ICU per covid patient is $50,000 and hospitalization cost is $20,000 per covid patient and overwhelming majority of those in Hospitals and ICU are unvaccinated who refused to vaccinate in spite of repeated posts and request, then why we should pay for their selfishness and ignorance? Let them pay for their own avoidable cost.

I disagree with this idea as it leads to a far worse society.

The negligent population does not deserve to die just because they were negligent. The obese population is an example of such a case. Even criminal activity, such as a DUI accident that results in injury does not result in rejected medical treatment.

" then why we should pay for their selfishness and ignorance? Let them pay for their own avoidable cost." - We already have a mandatory contract in place, citizens among other parties, pay for the social health care insurance system. To reject medical assistance for a citizen would break the contract. This is unethical and illegal. Most if not all citizens pay into our health care system, irrelevant of their previous conditions or negligent behavior. Most if not all citizens have access to our medical system irrelevant of their previous conditions or negligent behavior. A person could break one bone a week by negligent behavior, they still receive medical treatment.   

"Let them pay for their own avoidable cost." - Most injuries are avoidable, some medical conditions are avoidable, yet we as a society recognize that it is important to maintain some individual freedom. If medical assistance could be rejected purely due to "negligence" simple activities such as sports would be considered extremely dangerous and avoidable.

"Considering that ICU per covid patient is $50,000 and hospitalization cost is $20,000 per covid patient" - This statement suggests that because a covid patient costs $ 50,000 per (day?, week?) society should let them die. Ironically this is the exact opposite argument made against reopening. The cost of lives are higher that a certain value, thus reopening would cost too much in terms of lives, even though it is costing billions by shutting/limiting the economy down.  In order to make this argument, one would have to complete an economic analysis per potential life lost, which over the past two years could be in the hundreds of thousands. Overall, if a life is worth less than $50,000 the economy would reopen and return to normal, with funds allocated to the death of a citizen to be paid up to $50,000 , this is not the case.

To conclude, this type of argument does not hold water unless one wishes to present a fixed monetary value on an individuals life, concede that all negligent actions which result in medical assistance are to be rejected and formulate a basis on which actions terminate the medical insurance contract. 

Do you have a fixed monetary value on an individuals life? 

Do you agree than all negligent actions requiring medical assistance should be rejected? 

Do you have a basis on which the contract can be terminated? 

5 hours ago, Winston said:

Do you agree than all negligent actions requiring medical assistance should be rejected? 

Leftwing media has been very concerned about the overdose crisis taking thousands of lives in the country (beating all previous records this year). Do check out the numbers.

6 hours ago, Winston said:

8 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Expand  

I disagree with this idea as it leads to a far worse society.

The negligent population does not deserve to die just because they were negligent. The obese population is an example of such a case. Even criminal activity, such as a DUI accident that results in injury does not result in rejected medical treatment.

" then why we should pay for their selfishness and ignorance? Let them pay for their own avoidable cost." - We already have a mandatory contract in place, citizens among other parties, pay for the social health care insurance system. To reject medical assistance for a citizen would break the contract. This is unethical and illegal. Most if not all citizens pay into our health care system, irrelevant of their previous conditions or negligent behavior. Most if not all citizens have access to our medical system irrelevant of their previous conditions or negligent behavior. A person could break one bone a week by negligent behavior, they still receive medical treatment.   

"Let them pay for their own avoidable cost." - Most injuries are avoidable, some medical conditions are avoidable, yet we as a society recognize that it is important to maintain some individual freedom. If medical assistance could be rejected purely due to "negligence" simple activities such as sports would be considered extremely dangerous and avoidable.

"Considering that ICU per covid patient is $50,000 and hospitalization cost is $20,000 per covid patient" - This statement suggests that because a covid patient costs $ 50,000 per (day?, week?) society should let them die. Ironically this is the exact opposite argument made against reopening. The cost of lives are higher that a certain value, thus reopening would cost too much in terms of lives, even though it is costing billions by shutting/limiting the economy down.  In order to make this argument, one would have to complete an economic analysis per potential life lost, which over the past two years could be in the hundreds of thousands. Overall, if a life is worth less than $50,000 the economy would reopen and return to normal, with funds allocated to the death of a citizen to be paid up to $50,000 , this is not the case.

To conclude, this type of argument does not hold water unless one wishes to present a fixed monetary value on an individuals life, concede that all negligent actions which result in medical assistance are to be rejected and formulate a basis on which actions terminate the medical insurance contract. 

Do you have a fixed monetary value on an individuals life? 

Do you have a basis on which the contract can be terminated? 

It’s not fair to charge for all deaths, only excess deaths above the seasonal norm. That would eliminate most of your problem. But not all.

2 hours ago, myata said:

Leftwing media has been very concerned about the overdose crisis taking thousands of lives in the country (beating all previous records this year). Do check out the numbers.

Exactly. With these extreme ideas comes cognitive dissonance. 

We as a society still have yet to understand the problem or the objective desired goal. Instead we react to daily numbers as if they have a precise meaning.