Trudeau is going to lose.

Bernier should work on winning more folks for the PPC - BUT at the last minute, he should urge all his members and supporters to go behind O'Toole.

At the last minute, Bernier must endorse O'Toole.

Bernier will benefit by that gesture, if he shows to Canadians that he's putting the best interest of Canada ahead of any political ambitions.

Edited by betsy

13 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Well, I guess the only thing you can do is vote Liberal.

Canada is heading for the rocks

if the Liberals are at the helm when it crashes into them

they and their policies will get blamed for it

to create room

for at least a chance to have actual meaningful change

the Liberals and a Trudeau-type figure 

having that football when that inevitable bad turnover comes

maximizes the chances of that happening

creative destruction, chaos is a ladder

if there is no meaningfully better alternative

that can avoid the rocks in the meantime

which there isn't

then Trudeau being at the helm

is the best long game play

hot potato being at that helm

tanking and biding time ftw

the LPC and Trudeau continuing to be in charge

is actually worse for their long term political prospects

than if O'Toole pulls off the upset

that said

your vote won't change who remains at the helm

and Trudeau is going to win regardless of who you vote for

so if you are going to vote

might as well vote for the least worst option

that is actually different from the main parties

which are all the same

even if they have no chance of winning

hence why I am voting for the PPC

though if I were in Quebec

I'd vote for the Bloc Quebecois

Vive le Quebec libre

in both the above scenarios 

the accelerationism is still in play

and you can still vote for an actual change

best of both worlds, two birds with one stone

voting for the LPC, CPC, NDP or GPC

is basically just voting on which gang color

you want the liberals running the government to wear

red, blue, orange or green

Edited by Yzermandius19

26 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Are you on medication?

Street or pharmaceutical ? 

how is Justin O'Toole meaningfully better than Erin Trudeau?

the Conservatives just stole the Liberals platform

and said we're gonna execute it more effectively

attacking the Liberals from the left

they are literally campaigning on doubling down on Trudeau-style policy

portraying themselves as simply more competent liberals

plus if they win they are going to be rewarded for it

incentivizing them to go even further down that road than they already are

and yet

I'm supposed to see O'Toole winning as some big upgrade on Trudeau winning

as if the Conservatives are going to be so different, instead of just Blue Liberals

why should I be that naive and stupid?

and why should you?

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

As said before . . . . . The only thing you can do is vote Liberal.

As to your quote  . . . . only you why.  

I'm voting PPC

they at least aren't just Liberals in different gang colors

Maxime Bernier > Erin O'Toole

I wish I could vote for the BQ

but they only run in Quebec

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ironstone said:

If the Conservatives happen to be still holding a lead just a few days before the election, expect to see vicious attacks by the other Parties and the media as well as calls for strategic voting again.

Some journalists have already SUBTLY  floating the idea that O'Toole might be in cahoots with the protesters.

O'Toole had promptly put a brake on that by strongly condemning the protest in Bolton.

Lol - I wouldn't be surprised if the Bolton protesters are actually on the payroll of the Liberals.........to give Trudeau  the much-needed boost by using the "victim card," of a "Trump-like mob!"

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

AND..........

Looks like Afghanistan issue isn't going away anytime soon.

What happens after Aug 31?

Do we hear again from those poor Afghan allies left behind,  who were advised by Trudeau to "hunker down," and hide?

As one desperate caller interviewed on either CTV or CBC asked: "Hide?  Hide where?"

Edited by betsy

Do you know that Trudeau has yet to release his platform?  While everyone had already gave their detailed plans, Trudeau has not.   And yet, he was the one who called for this election!

Isn't that odd? 

Looks more like Trudeau never had a plan!  

He underestimated his opponents - O'Toole in particular (for being an unknown to voters).  Trudeau must've planned to just bs his way thru this election!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, betsy said:

Do you know that Trudeau has yet to release his platform?  While everyone had already gave their detailed plans, Trudeau has not.   And yet, he was the one who called for this election!

Isn't that odd? 

Looks more like Trudeau never had a plan!  

He underestimated his opponents - O'Toole in particular (for being an unknown to voters).  Trudeau must've planned to just bs his way thru this election!

When Trudeau does release his platform I can guarantee you that it will not contain everything that he plans to do. He will most certainly implement more legislation like C-36 and C-10 that will infringe on Canadian's rights.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ironstone said:

When Trudeau does release his platform I can guarantee you that it will not contain everything that he plans to do. He will most certainly implement more legislation like C-36 and C-10 that will infringe on Canadian's rights.

What on earth!!!!!!!. Bill C-36 was pushed by Conservatives not Trudeau. Trudeau just proved that he has no balls to change a bad legislation.

Bill C-36 was pushed into parliament by then injustice minister, Peter Mackay under strict instructions by Harper (in order to win the votes of damn religious right) in a most undemocratic disgraceful manipulative manner excluding intentionallyl the workers who were affected most, calling their own witnesses and abusing their majority to pass the most undemocratic legislation. I am not debating what is in C-36 (imported from Sweden proven a failure), as that needs another debate thread as it is endangering lives and encouraging pimps in the security guard clothing but the manner in which it was pushed through Parliament like military or religious dictatorship by a Conservative government in Canada..   

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

46 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What on earth!!!!!!!. Bill C-36 was pushed by Conservatives not Trudeau. Trudeau just proved that he has no balls to change a bad legislation.

Bill C-36 was pushed into parliament by then injustice minister, Peter Mackay under strict instructions by Harper (in order to win the votes of damn religious right) in a most undemocratic disgraceful manipulative manner excluding intentionallyl the workers who were affected most, calling their own witnesses and abusing their majority to pass the most undemocratic legislation. I am not debating what is in C-36 (imported from Sweden proven a failure), as that needs another debate thread as it is endangering lives and encouraging pimps in the security guard clothing but the manner in which it was pushed through Parliament like military or religious dictatorship by a Conservative government in Canada..   

This is the Bill C-36 I am referring to.

With Bill C-36, Trudeau Government Launches Dangerous New Assault On Your Freedom Of Expression - Spencer Fernando

Bill C-36 Proposes $50K Fines For Hate Speech In Canada - Narcity

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I'm voting PPC

they at least aren't just Liberals in different gang colors

Maxime Bernier > Erin O'Toole

I wish I could vote for the BQ

but they only run in Quebec

Totally on board with you.

I understand the "you're helping Trudeau" argument but it's meaningless at this point because there's not enough of us to matter.

For now, if O'Toole wins and it looks like he might and the country continues to deteriorate like it most certainly will because he's a Trudeau lite progressive we get to say, "Don't blame me. I voted for Max."

And there's the chance more people get impressed by that in the future and as things get more desperate they jump on board the Max train.

Edited by Infidel Dog

15 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You should change that by becoming a politician yourself. Most if not all your posts are intelligent, honest and very logical. I know we did have our differences in the past however, I am beginning to realize that in many cases you were more right (correct) than me.

LOL. Thanks, but if you see how candidates are forced to resign because of a many years old facebook post or some video of a joke they told in their youth you'd realize how impossible it would be for me to ever be a candidate! I have always spoken my mind and rarely worried about being politically correct. And while Argus is not my real name my real name is certainly out there on the internet.

17 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Totally on board with you.

I understand the "you're helping Trudeau" argument but it's meaningless at this point because there's not enough of us to matter.

The PPC are estimated to have cost the Tories several seats last election - while gaining none themselves. That could well make the difference this time around.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

LOL. Thanks, but if you see how candidates are forced to resign because of a many years old facebook post or some video of a joke they told in their youth you'd realize how impossible it would be for me to ever be a candidate! I have always spoken my mind and rarely worried about being politically correct. And while Argus is not my real name my real name is certainly out there on the internet.

Yes I see your point. It seems that political correctness is also political suicide and this is unfortunate in a democracy.  I am myself somewhat like that. I restrain myself hard not to post certain facts about certain sensitive topics or certain so called religion but I often fail as sometimes seen in my recent posts

4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not sure why they are both called Bill C-36!!!!

https://exhibits.library.utoronto.ca/exhibits/show/bawdy/bill-c-36

Yes I just noticed that too when you mentioned that Peter McKay was behind the older C-36. It seems that Senate and Commons bills are limited in numbers 1-200 so  the same number bill will show up every so many years but be totally different in intent.

33 minutes ago, Argus said:

The PPC are estimated to have cost the Tories several seats last election - while gaining none themselves. That could well make the difference this time around.

so what?

the Tories are Blue Liberals

if the Tories win, the Liberals win

look at me, look at me

I'm the Trudeau now

that's what O'Toole is running on

Trudeau isn't handing out enough free ice cream

but I'll get the free ice cream to you

we're the competent liberals

I don't like the Liberal plan, O'Toole

so more effectively executing that shitty plan

is actually a negative, you moron