Trudeau is going to lose.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's just all too convenient for Liberals

from the timing, to the police response, to the cartoonish uncanadian protesters, to the media reaction, to Trudeau's reaction etc

it's too perfect

You’re right the protesters are cartoonish and un-Canadian but that’s the Peoples Party for you… and right wing populists in general….

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Is Trudeau raising the CHILD card?   He's using his own son?

Lol - who's he tugging along with him?   His own son?

Why on earth would you bring a child in an environment that could be dangerous?   Lol - he's exposing his own child to vile language being thrown at him!

Oh, boy!

Blaming Trudeau for the vile behavior of people you agree with?   Another example of your Christian morality, I guess.  

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

You’re right the protesters are cartoonish and un-Canadian but that’s the Peoples Party for you… and right wing populists in general….

the PPC hates the Liberals

the protesters are helping the Liberals

that's why they are being framed

they don't act like the PPC

they act like someone playing the PPC on TV

Edited by Yzermandius19

37 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the PPC hates the Liberals

the protesters are helping the Liberals

that's why they are being framed

they don't act like the PPC

they act like someone playing the PPC on TV

The concept of pretending to be protesting for the other side isn't new. Saul Alinsky got his muppets to dress up like the KKK and cheer on Republicans for a photo op: https://culturalsurvivalskills.me/2010/10/26/alinsky-dress-up-as-members-of-the-ku-klux-klan/

The media will ignore the 'covid heroes' who fought C19 for a year, unvaxxed, who will now lose their jobs if they don't take a jab that they don't want to take. They lump them into the "anti-vaxx mouthbreathers" category.

It would be massively damaging to CBC & CTV's cause to acknowledge that the people who see both sides of the story, right from inside the hospitals, aren't in lock step with the MSM, leftists politicians, and Big Pharma on the vaxx debate. 

19 hours ago, dialamah said:

Blaming Trudeau for the vile behavior of people you agree with?   Another example of your Christian morality, I guess.  

Let's do some thinking here, okay?  Let's use our God-given faculty!   Read what I wrote. 

You sound like you'd be the kind of mentality a mother I saw pushing a stroller sorta stubbornly pushed her baby cart in front of a car just because the sign says "pedestrian walking" and she's on the proper walk way.   She'd rather risk maiming her child just to prove her point! ? Here you are blabbing about blaming anyone when I'm talking about something else!  You might not see anything wrong about exposing your own child to possible harm just to prove your point - I do!

While there are those who genuinely protest - I'm convinced some people were injected among them to make Trudeau look good!  The latest would be the so-called heckler who "insulted" Trudeau's wife!   That's staged!

Anyway, I'm not sure if the clip they showed on tv with his son was from this election.  

Edited by betsy

19 minutes ago, betsy said:

Just to make it clear.   I like the PPC.  I'm with the PPC. 

In fact, we had a PPC sign on our lawn - but we had to take it down.

We're pinching our noses to vote for CPC on this round.  The stake is just too high.....imho.

the stakes are Justin O'Toole or Erin Trudeau

CPC or LPC same-same

your vote will not change the direction of the country

that is merely wishful thinking

so might as well vote your conscience

you can't beat the ocean back with your fists

and trying to is a fool's errand

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the stakes are Justin O'Toole or Erin Trudeau

CPC or LPC same-same

your vote will not change the direction of the country

that is merely wishful thinking

so might as well vote your conscience

you can't beat the ocean back with your fists

and trying to is a fool's errand

Cons will be a totally different gov. Get people in that have a idea of what to do. Run the country, not the world. Trudeau has been a colossal clusterfuck.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are running on Trudeau's platform

how is that totally different?

Cleaner Gov working for the country. Not trying to build a post natural state or whatever Trudeau calls it. 

Edited by PIK

3 hours ago, PIK said:

Cleaner Gov working for the country. Not trying to build a post natural state or whatever Trudeau calls it. 

they are claiming to be the more competent liberals

you know that shitty Trudeau agenda you hate so much?

O'Toole wants to give you more of that because the Liberals didn't give you enough of it, which is why the should be voted out and replaced by him, according to him

he's not even trying to hide the ball that he's more of the same

he's leaning into it

Edited by Yzermandius19

16 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are running on Trudeau's platform

how is that totally different?

The Conservatives don't run $100B dollar deficits, wear clown outfits, get sucked in by hojab hoaxes and call Canadians racist, etc.

Jesus Christ man, the Libs and C's are as different as Charles Manson and Christina Applegate. 

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The Conservatives don't run $100B dollar deficits, wear clown outfits, get sucked in by hojab hoaxes and call Canadians racist, etc.

Jesus Christ man, the Libs and C's are as different as Charles Manson and Christina Applegate. 

not at all

O'Toole is running on spending like a drunken sailor

you are confusing differences in rhetoric and optics

for differences in policy or governance

the Conservatives are simply better at blowing sunshine up your ass, but otherwise governing as Liberals

whoop dee doo

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are claiming to be the more competent liberals

you know that shitty Trudeau agenda you hate so much?

O'Toole wants to give you more of that because the Liberals didn't give you enough of it, which is why the should be voted out and replaced by him, according to him

he's not even trying to hide the ball that he's more of the same

he's leaning into it

We have to spend big!  There's no getting around that!

It's a matter of how we'll spend - frivolously?   Or, practically?

Edited by betsy

35 minutes ago, betsy said:

We have to spend big!  There's no getting around that!

It's a matter of how we'll spend - frivolously?   Or, practically?

O'Toole wants to spend frivolously too

no one wants to spend practically

Canadians would never vote for it

which is why the CPC isn't offering it

Canadians don't even know what practical spending is

and they confuse it with frivolous spending

see those who think O'Toole is some big fiscally responsible upgrade for a prime example

and O'Toole is just giving them what they want

all claims of fiscal responsibility from any of the major parties is total horseshit

see how all provincial governments with conservatives in charge are spending frivolously despite faking like they are fiscal conservatives,

and the CPC are even bigger cucks on big spending than them, if they won the election, they'd be even worse

there is no government spending practically in this pandemic, it's all frivolous, and the CPC if elected would be no different

you have to be truly naive to think they are somehow going to be any different

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

not at all

O'Toole is running on spending like a drunken sailor

you are confusing differences in rhetoric and optics

for differences in policy or governance

the Conservatives are simply better at blowing sunshine up your ass, but otherwise governing as Liberals

whoop dee doo

Ok you love Trudeau. Then just go vote for him. 

seriously how does one even come to the conclusion

that I somehow like Trudeau

when my core criticism of O'Toole is that he is just like Trudeau?

what an unbelievably stupid line of reasoning to think I somehow have a big preference for one or the other

when I am explicitly stating the exact opposite

clearly if I'm trashing on O'Toole for being like Trudeau

then my opinion of Trudeau has to be low as well

otherwise it wouldn't even be a critique of O'Toole at all

either I like them both or I don't like either

and it's obviously the latter

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 9/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1.  His tweet was a slam against Islam.  If your defense is that he can't speak English properly then I guess maybe they shouldn't hire immigrants for candidates ?  I dunno.

So then why did the Liberals appoint an immigrant as a cabinet minister if her grasp of English is so poor she thinks calling the Taliban our brothers isn't a problem?

Also, the NDP just dumped two candidates for anti-Semitic messages. Do you hold this against the entire party? Are the NDP anti-Semites?

Edited by Argus

On 9/12/2021 at 6:49 PM, Michael Hardner said:

2. Ha ha.  No, Slavoj Zizek asked Jordan Peterson point-blank to name the Marxists he was referring to when he said post-modern Neo-Marxists and he didn't name any. 

You think maybe he didn't want to get into a personal slagging match with individuals? I have never seen him call out any other academics directly, though admittedly I don't follow him.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:29 AM, BeaverFever said:

The problem is these people are going to attach themselves to whatever party they consider to be the most conservative. Whether that party wants them or not. We don't have any fascist political parties in Canada the way we have Marxist Leninist and Communist parties. So if the PPC didn't exist these people would be voting Conservative. If the Conservatives disbanded they'd be joining the Liberals against the evil NDP.

Well... maybe not the Trudeau Liberals...