Trudeau is going to lose.

While Trudeau speaks in Surrey BC today - you could see the "crowd" in front of him through the reflection in the mirror behind him.  Other than journalists - I don't see any crowd.  Apparently - according to a journalist -  there were anti-vaxxer protesters nearby.

From Angus Reid, a breakdown of polls:

"O'Toole and Singh warming up voters as Trudeau turns them off: Poll

Asked if their views of leaders are improving, worsened or stayed the same, 22% say their opinion of NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh has improved, 20% say their impression of Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole has improved, while just 6% say their impression of Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau has improved.

When it comes to regional break downs of voter support, the Conservatives have a slight lead over the NDP and Liberals in British Columbia – 32% CPC, 30% NDP and 27% LPC. The Conservatives dominate across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba with a minimum 20-point lead in each province.

Where the race is tightening, according to the Angus Reid Institute, is in Ontario and Atlantic Canada."

https://torontosun.com/news/election-2021/otoole-and-singh-warming-up-voters-as-trudeau-turns-them-off-poll

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Momentum is going to O'Toole.  A sign that Trudeau is in trouble.  People may be waking up to ask "why are we having an election again ?" and that's very bad for him.

There are a surprising number of Tory signs in my neighbourhood. Last election I didn't see any.

Whatever the polls say we shouldn't forget that Liberal support is always concentrated where it matters most. I'm resigned to a very likely Liberal majority but I will always get out and vote. Even if your Party of choice isn't going to win there is still the per vote subsidy to think about. They can survive to fight another day. Parliament shouldn't be a woke echo chamber.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And my Liberal stronghold has NDP signs everywhere.

I get the point about Ontario and Quebec but we're looking at a Liberal minority at best I think.

Yes I agree.  If I were to bet money now, I’d bet liberal minority government.  

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And my Liberal stronghold has NDP signs everywhere.

I get the point about Ontario and Quebec but we're looking at a Liberal minority at best I think.

If Libs will win again - I do hope so that they get a very weak minority!  Serves them right for calling an unnecessary election in the middle of a crisis.

I wonder if she ever made a plea for her OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS - the Afghan allies - to have them evacuated asap - long before Kabul fell to her beloved brothers, the Taliban?

I wonder if she nagged Trudeau and Sajjan about them?  Reminding Trudeau and Sajjan that her other brothers and sisters have risked their lives for Canada?

I wonder if she reminded them what happens to sisters under her beloved brother, Taliban?

I wonder if she ever spoke on tv - addressing her brothers and sisters - who now fear for their lives - to give them moral support in this great time of uncertainty and danger? 

I wonder if she ever reached out to her brothers - the Afghan interpreters, who have been in Canada - especially the ones we see on tv, calling to our government - to help their endangered families? 

Was she there to be with them when our Afghan community marched to plead for help for their families left in Afghanistan?

Edited by betsy

But it was the way she addressed the Taliban -- a listed terrorist entity in Canada -- that quickly prompted a flood of tweets, including from alt-right pundits, accusing her of supporting or sympathizing with the extremist regime that seized control of Afghanistan nearly two weeks ago.

Like always, though, context and nuance are important -- never more so than during a heated federal election campaign and in the midst of a pandemic that has seen hate crimes spike across the country.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/maryam-monsef-called-the-taliban-e2-80-98brothers-e2-80-99-here-e2-80-99s-what-you-need-to-know/ar-AANJYzJ

You got that right!   CONTEXT and NUANCE are important.

The only context I see is the nuance of legitimizing the TALIBAN - by referring to them as "brothers"  in an ELECTION CAMPAIGN - in a press conference!

You don't have to refer to them publicly as "brothers" when you are the MINISTER for GENDER EQUALITY................... when you know very well what happens to women and girls who will have to live under the Taliban rule!

Your brothers have killed NATO soldiers - including Canadians - during the war!  

Referring to them as "brothers" on national tv  - could that be a coded message for.................................

.........................."BRAVO?  You got the Western bastards withdrawing?"

Edited by betsy

Hey, Maryam - being the MINISTER for GENDER EQUALITY - why don't you plead to your Taliban brothers to not scrap...................... but instead, to continue with the gender equality program that had been started in Afghanistan?

We should send you as an envoy to them.

When Taliban shot Malala in the head, this is what she did. Her story

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/when-taliban-shot-malala-in-the-head-this-is-what-she-did-her-story/ar-AANIGaT

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

This CTV journalist named KEVIN GALLAGHER must be hard of hearing.   He kept badgering O'Toole about what specifics  O'Toole would've done now about operational procedures in Afghanistan, if he were the PM.

O'Toole had clearly stated that Trudeau had acted soooooo slowly, even when he was informed and warned months or even years before to act!     Gallagher can't seem to put one and one together - and couldn't connect the dots!   He make it seem like O'Toole was evading and not giving any answers! HE DID ANSWER YOU!   It's just that.....O'Toole's answer went over your head, Kevin.  ?

Had O'toole been the PM - it wouldn't have come to this! 

THAT'S THE POINT! 

THIS SITUATION WE'RE IN NOW WAS PREVENTABLE!

O'Toole would've listened and acted upon it pronto.  That's why he's pointing at Trudeau's INACTION! DOH!

Lol. This situation is preventable!   It was because Trudeau didn't pay attention that's why we have this dire situation trying to get Canadians and Afghan allies!

As usual, Trudeau reacted too late!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Trudeau is going to lose> I don't think so. It will be Canadians who will lose no matter who is elected. They are all the same. Nobody has the balls to address real issues like:

1 - A commitment to a two-tiered Health care system. A private care alongside a universally accessible public Health care system. The current public system has become a killing ground for sick people with overcrowded hospitals, emergency cares, ling waiting list for surgeries and diagnostic tests and shortage of doctors and nurses.

2 - A return to Capital Punishment for violent offenders, especially crimes against women and children

3 - A serious cut in immigration levels when Canada is facing such challenging times and selectivity of immigrants to eliminated undesirable harmful immigrants from some Middle Eastern countries.

I think that the situation in the US is helping the Conservatives quite a bit.

Canadians are seeing Biden's weakness play out in Afghanistan with very real consequences, and Trudeau is the exact same patsy.

Wokeness isn't dead, but it's getting people massacred now, so the Libs have dropped 2% in the polls.