Trudeau is going to lose.

51 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

My fear about the Grits is that once they found out how easy it was tp spend vast treasure in the necessary fight against Covid, a billion dollars doesn't seem like a big deal anymore.

I think that could be the reason why Trudeau called this election.  He needs a majority for the kind of spending he's planning.  

Maybe - even the NDP will quake when they see the amount he intends to spend. 

And also, no one can stop him handing out contracts to cronies and friends.

Horrific thoughts - it's something for the younger  generation to deal with if it ever comes to that.  They're the ones who'll  live with it, and pay for it.

Edited by betsy

I suspect he plans to cut spending if he can get a majority. He can afford to do that because this is probably his last election, if he does get a majority. I am never right. I didn't think he would be rash enough to call the election. It makes me think something bad is brewing for them and they want to get an election behind them before it happens. Probably spending/ service cuts and tax hikes to get a handle on the deficit. What he says and what he does only coincide by accident.

Edited by Queenmandy85

Oh, yeah.

THEY KNOW something bad must really be brewing for them.........that got  Freeland  resorting to this sleazy stupidity!

"Social media platform slaps 'manipulated media' warning to Liberal candidate's tweet "

https://torontosun.com/news/election-2021/freeland-misled-public-on-otooles-health-care-policy-twitter-says

There goes my possitive view of Freeland.

Edited by betsy

Remember the dead Syrian refugee child who washed up on the beach - their boat capsized in an attempt to flee?
Didn't he use that image to show how we welcome everyone who are fleeing terror?
This is similar situation - a desperate bid for survival - but more than just that.

We're talking about thousands of Afghan allies - people who had put their lives (and, that of their families) on the line, helping Canadian troops in Afghanistan. Canadian vets are really emotional on this!

These are people who served or fought alongside our troops!

It's so unthinkable how on one hand we gave millions of dollars to a terrorist fighting against our troops - and yet, we abandon those fighting alongside our soldiers.

I can't wrap my mind around that!

Edited by betsy

Why on earth is Trudeau talking publicly about sanctioning taliban at this moment when we are trying to get as many evacuees as possible?

What's he doing trying to provoke and fuel insane retaliation from an unpredictable group in such a volatile situation?

Doesn't he know that everyone in that airport is a sitting duck?

Can't  talks about sanctions wait until later, after the withdrawal?

Stop politicizing this for your election campaign, Justin. 

Lives are at stake!  We've got our own troops on the ground too!

Mendecino is lying.  He's pulling a "Biden" on us.

On an interview right now with an official from the Canadian Armed Forces: 

RED TAPE IS STILL GOING ON....and frustrating our own troops on the ground! 

That contradicts what Mendecino had said.

Edited by betsy

58 minutes ago, Benz said:

Every election, ever since I am born, it is the same story. A substantial number of NDP supporters change their mind at the last minute because they fear the conservatives and rather vote for the Liberals. This one will be no exception.

exactly

if the Conservatives are anywhere close

this always happens

like clockwork

Seems the liberals are back to what they do best LIE, to get head lines... Twitter shut them down, i guess none of justins bribe money made it that way... It just keeps on getting better... 

Tasha Kheriddin: The Liberals’ manipulated Twitter video smacks of desperate ‘soldiers with guns’ scaremongering (msn.com)

15 hours ago, Benz said:

Every election, ever since I am born, it is the same story. A substantial number of NDP supporters change their mind at the last minute because they fear the conservatives and rather vote for the Liberals. This one will be no exception.

This may be different.  We're talking PROGRESSIVE conservative!

Some of O'Toole's policies may not look so bad to some NDPers that they may hold up their noses and go to him just so to get rid of Trudeau.

A lot of sentiments across the aisle - after all the endless bad decisions and scandals - just want to get rid of Trudeau.

Edited by betsy

O'Toole actually surprised me the other day  with his explanation about supporting Safe Injection sites.

His explanation (aimed at traditional conservatives), about COMPASSION towards those addicted.................... had me questioning myself!
And, I ended up reluctantly agreeing with him!

I mean.....he has a way of talking and reaching out! 

He's coming across as a very likeable and practical guy!  Even with his healthcare policy about letting provinces decide what they want.

I mean, what's so hard to figure that private healthcare facilities help shorten the waiting period?  

If folks can afford to pay for their care (and they don't want to wait in a line-up) - let them leave the line up and let them go to the other place!  That helps lessen the load for our own universal healthcare system.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Because.....these people who keep complaining about it (like Trudeau) - aren't really doing it for the sake of the people.   They refuse to see the practicality in it, and instead,  using the issue for politics!

Just this pandemic - Many seniors and many people died under TRUDEAU's watch!

Our healthcare system has failed under Trudeau's watch!

How many people with cancer had died, or have been doomed to die because of Canada being unprepared - and SLOW TO ACT - during the onset of this pandemic?  Hospitals were full!  Medical care for other illness, and surgeries were postponed indefinitely!

Remember the premiers complaining on tv  during the pandemic, that what Trudeau had promised to give to help their healthcare system wasn't enough?  Remember that?

These all happened under Trudeau's watch!  They knew the problem even before the pandemic!    He's had 6 years! 

It's only O'Toole who's saying it as it is!

Folks - give this guy a chance.  Listen to what he's saying.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, betsy said:

This may be different.  We're talking PROGRESSIVE conservative!

Some of O'Toole's policies may not look so bad to some NDPers that they may hold up their noses and go to him just so to get rid of Trudeau.

A lot of sentiments across the aisle - after all the endless bad decisions and scandals - just want to get rid of Trudeau.

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

that's not what happens

ask Andrew Scheer

things are not different this time

the Conservatives doubled down on the same shitty strategy that prevented them from beating Trudeau last time

the NDP voters only flip to the Liberals

they will always be conned into thinking the Conservatives are far right extremists, no matter how far to the left they go, it will never be far enough for NDP supporters

they are so scared by that fake boogeyman that if the Conservatives ever get close, they vote strategically to stop them

O'Toole might be able to flip some soft Liberal support, but not NDP supporters

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

that's not what happens

ask Andrew Scheer

things are not different this time

the Conservatives doubled down on the same shitty strategy that prevented them from beating Trudeau last time

the NDP voters only flip to the Liberals

they will always be conned into thinking the Conservatives are far right extremists, no matter how far to the left they go, it will never be far enough for NDP supporters

they are so scared by that fake boogeyman that if the Conservatives ever get close, they vote strategically to stop them

The polls are saying it's a dead heat.  Mind you, polls aren't always accurate.  The only true poll will be on election day.

If you followed the last election - you'd know that there is a big difference between Scheer and O'Toole.   Just the way they talk, there is a big difference already! With Scheer, it was excruciating listening to his delivery!   I complained about that!

Journalists are pointing out the difference between them - aren't you following the campaign and feedbacks among pundits?  Aren't you listening to what they say?

Lol - O'Toole brought out a clear platform plan on day 2, something Scheer's campaign had failed to do.  Then, there's the difference in their approach!  With their policies!

For you to say that they're just the same in the face of the stark difference between them - now, that's what I say, "wishful thinking."

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Don't fool yourself into believing that no Liberals went to the NDP in the last election.

Liberals who can't stand Trudeau did just that.  Those same Liberals might find O'Toole acceptable.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Don't fool yourself into believing that no Liberals went to the NDP in the last election.

Liberals who can't stand Trudeau did just that.  Those same Liberals might find O'Toole acceptable.

that's because they knew the Conservatives were going to lose

if they were at all worried they were going to win

they would never do that

that's why Trudeau got elected in the first place

the Liberals were in third

but then Harper made the mistake of blowing up the NDP

and so the left jumped on the Liberal bandwagon

and the Conservatives stood no chance

without the NDP winning seats in Quebec to keep the Liberals down

the Conservatives only win when the left is divided

and left isn't divided

Trudeau running strong in both Ontario and Quebec

where it matters

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, betsy said:

The polls are saying it's a dead heat.  Mind you, polls aren't always accurate.  The only true poll will be on election day.

If you followed the last election - you'd know that there is a big difference between Scheer and O'Toole.   Just the way they talk, there is a big difference already! With Scheer, it was excruciating listening to his delivery!   I complained about that!

Journalists are pointing out the difference between them - aren't you following the campaign and feedbacks among pundits?  Aren't you listening to what they say?

Lol - O'Toole brought out a clear platform plan on day 2, something Scheer's campaign had failed to do.  Then, there's the difference in their approach!  With their policies!

For you to say that they're just the same in the face of the stark difference between them - now, that's what I say, "wishful thinking."

they are same type of cuckservative

they are liberals wearing blue and calling themselves conservatives

neither is charismatic at all

O'Toole is even more of a cuck than Scheer

same-same

Conservatives just doubling down on what failed last time

Edited by Yzermandius19

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Momentum is going to O'Toole.  A sign that Trudeau is in trouble.  People may be waking up to ask "why are we having an election again ?" and that's very bad for him.

it would be better if the momentum was late

with not enough time to change in the Liberals favor

as it is

that just means the left are less likely to split

the only way to split the left

is for NDP to run strong in Quebec

and they aren't

Jagmeet Singh is no Jack Layton

not even close

so it's a non-starter, just on that alone

but even if they did split the left

for the sake of argument

the Conservatives still have to run up the score in Ontario

to capitalize on that

and they aren't

the Liberals are leading in both Ontario and Quebec

and unless that changes in a major way

in both provinces

they will not lose

the Conservatives can only win in Canada

when the stars line up

and/or they have candidate who is popular in Quebec

the stars aren't lining up and don't appear to be close to lining up

and O'Toole is not popular in Quebec

Edited by Yzermandius19

if you don't believe me

do your own homework and

go back and look at any election in Canadian history

to show me a single counter example

of a Conservative winning a federal election

without the Liberals shitting the bed in Quebec

and the Conservatives killing it in Ontario

happening simultaneously

it's not a thing that has ever happened

and that is not a coincidence

it's just how Canadian politics work

I find it odd

that people who think they know a lot about Canadian politics

are somehow completely oblivious to this obvious dynamic

that runs through every single federal election

in Canadian history

the only explanations I can think of is

1) ignorance of Canadian political history to a staggering degree

that y'all somehow missed this

or

2) wishful thinking that is so powerful due to Trudeau Derangement Syndrome

that all logic goes completely out the window

or

3) both

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Liberal Gender Equity Minister Maryam Monsef just referred to the Taliban as "OUR BROTHERS"!   And subsequently tried to soften the impact of this comment by referring to the words as a cultural reference.   Trudeau, when asked if he is going to condemn the words "our brothers", said Monsef has already clarified it.  Really?  Can he just brush that off so easily?  Monsef reportedly in her immigration process said she was from Afghanistan but later it was found she was from Iran.  She also said once she found something about Sharia Law interesting.  Hmmm.  I think Trudeau's backing this minister will cost him dearly in this election.

Yesterday, O'Toole and Trudeau were  actually tie. It's O'Toole's numbers that are moving.  Even as  preferred PM - his numbers are going up!  

I don't know if it's true, but Nanos says it'll be hard to change things around within a short time period of campaign ( a move that Trudeau might regret).  

Lol - kinda like the flipside of Harper when he made the campaign weeks quite long.

Edited by betsy