Violence in LA erupts after viral video of complaint about trans woman disrobing in spa

Infidel Dog

Black-clad counter-protesters — including one wearing an “Antifa” flag as a cape — clashed with demonstrators outside a Los Angeles spa where a customer complained that a transgender woman exposed their penis in front of children, photos and video clips posted on Twitter show.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/04/la-protests-erupt-after-video-about-trans-woman/

Thank the woke, progressive politicians like Biden and Democrats for this situation.  Now male perverts pretending to me females can expose themselves to women and children and there don't appear to be any consequences. Any male can put on some women's clothes, claim he is a woman, and go into a woman's facility and expose himself or sexually assault women or young girls.  In fact they have Antifa types defending this behavior and using it as an excuse to assault people.  Seems to me Biden was working on legalizing biological males using women's facilities under the alleged claim of equality for all.  This problem is purely man-made.

Edited by blackbird

I think the problem is religious conservatives trying to impose their beliefs on everyone.   Given that the spa in question had a trans-inclusive policy, people should not have been there if they would be bothered by seeing a trans-gender female.  I bet the complainers didn't see a penis at all; they knew the policy, and went there to cause trouble.  People who do that are trash.  

Religious conservatives don't have to associate with transgender people and they also don't get to cause trouble because people who are different exist.

Edited by dialamah

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Religious conservatives don't have to associate with transgender people and they also don't get to cause trouble because people who are different exist.

But it is not just religious conservatives who object to the circumstances of this incident.   Women (and girls) of many different religious/political stripes should not be forced to feel "safe" around transgender people under such circumstances.

This story has been played out many times in California...I specifically recall lawsuits against women's only gyms that exclude males.   Some states have passed legislation protecting same sex/gender businesses and public accommodation that has been challenged in the courts.

If you have ever been a parent with small children changing in pool locker rooms for swim lessons then the issue becomes more than just a debate on web forums.

• Thanks 1

I don't know what the complete story of this incident is, (I've never been to a spa) but it occurs to me that if I were a Trans Woman, and I was in a spa with under age girls, I would make sure I changed without them seeing my penis.  It wouldn't be political, or to do with rights, it would just be common decency.

Anything else makes me question motives.  Not know motives.  Just question them.

32 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But it is not just religious conservatives who object to the circumstances of this incident.   Women (and girls) of many different religious/political stripes should not be forced to feel "safe" around transgender people under such circumstances.

This story has been played out many times in California...I specifically recall lawsuits against women's only gyms that exclude males.   Some states have passed legislation protecting same sex/gender businesses and public accommodation that has been challenged in the courts.

If you have ever been a parent with small children changing in pool locker rooms for swim lessons then the issue becomes more than just a debate on web forums.

You know what the message is here?  It's that men are prone to rape and assault of women and children and will go to any lengths to do so.   If it's true that men are prone to sexually assault women and children, then women and children should never be in the company of men.  There is no safety in public places, if the over-reaction to this incident is anything to go by.  Sure, this happened in a SPA - but it could also have happened in a subway bathroom, or a restaurant bathroom.  After all, what's stopping a person with a penis - whatever they claim or how they are dressed - from following a woman into the bathroom to sexually assault her or even following a family into a washroom to rape a little girl.    

There are far more men in the world than transgendered women.  Therefore, the bigger threat is from men in society and not transgendered people.  Why aren't we doing something about that, hmm?  Why do all men in society get a pass for their 'natural urge to rape', but no transgender woman does?

Edited by dialamah

Just now, bcsapper said:

I don't know what the complete story of this incident is, (I've never been to a spa) but it occurs to me that if I were a Trans Woman, and I was in a spa with under age girls, I would make sure I changed without them seeing my penis.  It wouldn't be political, or to do with rights, it would just be common decency.

Anything else makes me question motives.  Not know motives.  Just question them.

I question the entire story, personally.  I've been to a spa, and while the one I went to didn't have outright nudity, there was the use of robes to move from one area to another.  Perhaps the robe opened a bit and some twit caught sight of a PENIS and freaked out.  There was also no kids in the spa I was at; that to me seems odd as well.  But, I haven't been to all spas in the world, maybe some people do bring their kids.

If it were true that the person in question was waving their penis around like a sparkler, sure - that's wrong the person in question should be charged, maybe.  At least thrown out and banned from that business.  But given the sources I've read, and the reaction of the spa in question, I don't think that's what happened.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

After all, what's stopping a person with a penis - whatever they claim or how they are dressed - from walking following a woman into the bathroom to sexually assault her or even following a family into a washroom to rape a little girl.   

Not as much as there used to be, it seems.

Given you are right about men, why are you so keen on them being allowed to simply state they are women and act accordingly?  It doesn't seem to be very protective of women and girls.

Surely there is some way of making sure the trans rights that matter, job discrimination, housing discrimination, etc, can be respected without going to the lengths that ensure the rights of others are not met.

Just now, bcsapper said:

1. Given you are right about men,

2. why are you so keen on them being allowed to simply state they are women and act accordingly? 

3. It doesn't seem to be very protective of women and girls.

4.  Surely there is some way of making sure the trans rights that matter, job discrimination, housing discrimination, etc, can be respected without going to the lengths that ensure the rights of others are not met.

1. Am I?  Is the natural urge of men to asault and rape women and girls?  And boys?  Do you have that urge?   Or are the rapists a small minority of all men, such that we women take the risk of living among them?  

2. Here's a story for you.  Should women now have to "prove" they are women to suspicious people because the ignorant among us have decided that transwomen cannot be trusted?

3.  The point is if these objectors really want to be protective of women and girls, they'd do a lot more about the much bigger threat to women and girls - which are men.

4.  Whose rights are not met, exactly?  Bathrooms/changing rooms/etc. aren't gender separated for fear of violence.  They're separated because our society thinks seeing nudity is traumatizing.  If it was fear of violence that dictated these things, men and women would be separated every where - not just in those few places where there is some expected level of nudity.  

28 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I think the problem is religious conservatives trying to impose their beliefs on everyone.   Given that the spa in question had a trans-inclusive policy, people should not have been there if they would be bothered by seeing a trans-gender female.  I bet the complainers didn't see a penis at all; they knew the policy, and went there to cause trouble.  People who do that are trash.  

It's just pure bigotry to assume that religion or being conservative has anything to do with this. People protect their children, period. All mammals protect their offspring.

FYI I don't have any imaginary friends and if a dude whipped out his junk in front of my girls when they were younger it wouldn't matter to me whether he considers himself to be a woman or trans or whatever...  When you whip out a dick, you're a dude with his dick out by definition

A mother shouldn't have to worry that their child is going to have to look at a man's penis when she goes into a woman's changeroom. What's the point of even having a women's changeroom if non-women can go into them? Why not just have one changeroom for everyone? 

If I feel like I have a good enough reason to whip my junk out in front of your daughter is that sufficient? Should I just be allowed to do it? Should you have to just be ok with it? 

Does the opinion of 50 million mothers and 50 million fathers mean nothing? Can't people have a changeroom where people don't expose their male genitalia to little girls, or vice versa? Does that somehow not make sense to you?

• Like 1

Just now, dialamah said:

1. Am I?  Is the natural urge of men to asault and rape women and girls?  And boys?  Do you have that urge?   Or are the rapists a small minority of all men, such that we women take the risk of living among them?  

2. Here's a story for you.  Should women now have to "prove" they are women to suspicious people because the ignorant among us have decided that transwomen cannot be trusted?

3.  The point is if these objectors really want to be protective of women and girls, they'd do a lot more about the much bigger threat to women and girls - which are men.

4.  Whose rights are not met, exactly?  Bathrooms/changing rooms/etc. aren't gender separated for fear of violence.  They're separated because our society thinks seeing nudity is traumatizing.  If it was fear of violence that dictated these things, men and women would be separated every where - not just in those few places where there is some expected level of nudity.  

1) You said that men are prone to rape and assault of women and children and will go to any lengths to do so.  I assumed you meant the men who were prone to. 

2) No, I don't think so.  I didn't read the story, just answering your question.  Of course, we probably differ on what a woman is.

3) I think they thought they were.  That's the problem.  How do they know they are not?  Little girls come first, to my mind.

4), Well, like I said, I've never been to a spa.  If little girls seeing penises is a common enough occurrence then perhaps they have no right to expect discretion.  I would assume, from the outrage, that such is not the case though.

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You know what the message is here?  It's that men are prone to rape and assault of women and children and will go to any lengths to do so. 

Ummm, the message isn't that men are prone to rape and assault. The message is that a very small percentage of 'men' do get their kicks out of exposing themselves to children, and it shouldn't be sanctioned by the gov't.

If it's true that men are prone to sexually assault women and children, then women and children should never be in the company of men. 

Is that honestly what passes for logic in liberal circles?

Should we also say that liberals should never be allowed in colleges and universities because sometimes they assault people and start fires when someone says something that they don't like?

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

1. It's just pure bigotry to assume that religion or being conservative has anything to do with this. People protect their children, period. All mammals protect their offspring.

2. FYI I don't have any imaginary friends and if a dude whipped out his junk in front of my girls when they were younger it wouldn't matter to me whether he considers himself to be a woman or trans or whatever...  When you whip out a dick, you're a dude with his dick out by definition

3. A mother shouldn't have to worry that their child is going to have to look at a man's penis when she goes into a woman's changeroom. What's the point of even having a women's changeroom if non-women can go into them? Why not just have one changeroom for everyone? 

4.  Does the opinion of 50 million mothers and 50 million fathers mean nothing? Can't people have a changeroom where people don't expose their male genitalia to little girls, or vice versa? Does that somehow not make sense to you?

1.  Look at the sources of the stories, and who showed up to demonstrate.  This incident is being driven by religious people and conservative media.  The two often go hand-in-hand, but doesn't mean non-religious people can't agree with them.

3.  There's no evidence that anyone 'whipped their junk out."  Nobody has any idea what the complainer saw, only her reaction to it. 

2. This was a spa, not a woman's changeroom.  The spa had a trans-inclusive policy; if people didn't want to share rooms with trans-people, they ought to have stayed home.    Also, I am surprised there were kids at a spa; the ones I've been to never had kids.

4.  I'm not persuaded by people who are wrong, regardless of how many of them there are.

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

1) You said that men are prone to rape and assault of women and children and will go to any lengths to do so.  I assumed you meant the men who were prone to. 

2) No, I don't think so.  I didn't read the story, just answering your question.  Of course, we probably differ on what a woman is.

3) I think they thought they were.  That's the problem.  How do they know they are not?  Little girls come first, to my mind.

4), Well, like I said, I've never been to a spa.  If little girls seeing penises is a common enough occurrence then perhaps they have no right to expect discretion.  I would assume, from the outrage, that such is not the case though.

1.  OK, let me rephrase for the obtuse among us:   "You know what the message is here?  It's that all men are prone to rape and assault of women and children and will go to any lengths to do so."

2. So, you don't know what I'm talking about.  Ok.

3.  ?????  

4.  Yes, you've never been to a spa, you don't know what happens in them, you don't read the links, but somehow you think you should have a discussion about it.  ?

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

1.  OK, let me rephrase for the obtuse among us:   "You know what the message is here?  It's that all men are prone to rape and assault of women and children and will go to any lengths to do so."

2. So, you don't know what I'm talking about.  Ok.

3.  ?????  

4.  Yes, you've never been to a spa, you don't know what happens in them, you don't read the links, but somehow you think you should have a discussion about it.  ?

1) Okay, let me do the same.  You know what the message is here?  It's that those men who are prone to rape and assault women can now find it far easier to put themselves in a position to do so without censure.

2) I didn't think it relevant enough to read an article.

3) Let me rephrase that for the obtuse among us.  The people at the spa obviously thought they were responding to the much bigger threat to women and girls - which are men.

4) Absolutely.  Does it offend you that I'm reasonable about it?

Edited by bcsapper

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

1.  Look at the sources of the stories, and who showed up to demonstrate.  This incident is being driven by religious people and conservative media.  The two often go hand-in-hand, but doesn't mean non-religious people can't agree with them.

This is closer to the point, but in all honesty, anyone with a sense of decency should be offended by a dude whipping it out in front of girls.

Even sensible LGBTQ people should be against that.

3.  There's no evidence that anyone 'whipped their junk out."  Nobody has any idea what the complainer saw, only her reaction to it. 

Of course there is. There's the witness, her girls, and the other customer asking for a refund. 

Then there's the fact that the spa isn't denying that junkgate is real, they're just saying that it's sweet.

Taking the position that "It probably didn't happen" is not within the realistic limits of the topic.

2. This was a spa, not a woman's changeroom.  The spa had a trans-inclusive policy; if people didn't want to share rooms with trans-people, they ought to have stayed home.    Also, I am surprised there were kids at a spa; the ones I've been to never had kids.

In any social Environment there's what's considered reasonable and what's just ridiculous.

Part of allowing trans people to share bathrooms is the understanding that they don't act like animals.

I can change in the locker room and pull out my junk if I want, even with boys present, but would it be ok if stood with it 2 feet from some kid's face while they were changing? Isn't discretion a part of the social contract? At some point doesn't it just become lewd and indecent? 

Just remember that in civil suits the standard that has to be met is "a reasonable man's judgement".

In this society it has always been considered inappropriate to show our junk to little girls. Man junk. Trans junk. Any other kind of phallic junk. It's just not right here, period.

Once it becomes OK to put it out there where little girls can see it, that's a whole new ballgame. If that guy can do it, why not another guy who identifies as a child, or something else? 

4.  I'm not persuaded by people who are wrong, regardless of how many of them there are.

I beg to differ.

You're persuaded by about 10,000 people who want to show their junk to little girls. Are you saying that those people are actually right?

I can want to do a whole lot of things based purely on my own sexuality, does that make any of it right? 

44 minutes ago, dialamah said:

There are far more men in the world than transgendered women.  Therefore, the bigger threat is from men in society and not transgendered people.  Why aren't we doing something about that, hmm?  Why do all men in society get a pass for their 'natural urge to rape', but no transgender woman does?

All men in society do not have a natural urge to rape or get a pass to do so...that is a ridiculous assertion.   It is women (and minors) from all backgrounds who can demand that their safety be assured from such threats regardless of the sex/gender source.  

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

All men in society do not have a natural urge to rape or get a pass to do so...that is a ridiculous assertion.   It is women (and minors) from all backgrounds who can demand that their safety be assured from such threats regardless of the sex/gender source.  

The assertion that every trans woman is actually a man looking to scare/assault women and children is equally as ridiculous.  And as much as the conservative media, Christians and others claim they aren't saying that, their hysteria whenever a transwoman is noticed in female spaces tells us what they think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

1) Okay, let me do the same.  You know what the message is here?  It's that those men who are prone to rape and assault women can now find it far easier to put themselves in a position to do so without censure.

2) I didn't think it relevant enough to read an article.

3) Let me rephrase that for the obtuse among us.  The people at the spa obviously thought they were responding to the much bigger threat to women and girls - which are men.

4) Absolutely.  Does it offend you that I'm reasonable about it?

2.  Of course you didn't.  Which is why I'm not bothering with #1.

3.  Yes, because they're as misinformed and unwilling to be informed as you are.

4. You aren't reasonable.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

2.  Of course you didn't.  Which is why I'm not bothering with #1.

3.  Yes, because they're as misinformed and unwilling to be informed as you are.

4. You aren't reasonable.

Yes I am.  What I am not is misinformed or uninformed.

Or, if I am, I make it plain that I am.  I don't try and pretend I am not.  We should be clear that the definition of neither includes disagreement.

What has 2. got to do with #1?

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

The assertion that every trans woman is actually a man looking to scare/assault women and children is equally as ridiculous.  And as much as the conservative media, Christians and others claim they aren't saying that, their hysteria whenever a transwoman is noticed in female spaces tells us what they think.

I don't know why you are focusing so much on conservatives or Christians...this is an issue for many different people from a wide spectrum of social, political, and religious backgrounds.   I know from personal experience with a 6" 9", 320lb transgender woman in the workplace that most women did not want to permit "them" access to the female rest rooms or on-site locker room.

With notice, HR had to clear out the rest room and prevent other women from entering while "they" used the facilities.   "They" refused to limit their use to the existing unisex rest room in order to press the issue and agenda.

It got to the point where women would go the rest room in pairs or more to make sure they wouldn't have to deal with "them" alone.

13 hours ago, dialamah said:

The assertion that every trans woman is actually a man looking to scare/assault women and children is equally as ridiculous. 

I'm willing to bet that any reasonably sane trans type just wants to be left alone, and has no intention of going anywhere near a public changing area where he/she would have to expose their male body to women and girls. 

The ones who do so are the crazies like that freak in BC who kept trying to get his balls waxed by immigrant women, those deliberately trying to 'rub womens faces' in their male anatomy. They're basically misogynists of the highest order.

So far we have defined this conversation as having to do with religion, political leanings, and rights of both parties...And lets not forget about sex" or the ability of a man to control himself when in the presence of a women...

1. Religion, I'm not sure if there is any religion that is comfortable with let say homosexual people or acts, maybe someone can correct me "but i don't know of any religion that condones homosexual acts or people" regardless of what the law says..

2. Political leanings, why this has even come up I'm not sure, but i do have to ask are the left much more comfortable with nudity or breaking of the social contract in this case . Canada is pretty much a leftist country, and if the left is much more free thinking about the human body why does this country still separate the sexes. Im pretty sure that even Canada's left is pretty much prudish as well, and not ready to have everyone parts swinging in the wind just yet... And yet european countries are years ahead of us in this topic, shared ,nudist spas is common place, And get this men have learned to control themselves in that environment. 

3. Social contracts has already been discussed here , i think it is pretty simple...

4. We talk about trans gender rights here, but what about all the other people in this story, their rights are discarded because of some special interest group who has a powerful lobby, and has convinced government into making laws to protect them...OK fine, but it seems the issue here is not protection, but someone taking it a step further....

Had my wife came out and describe what happened to me, that trans what ever they are would be bleeding in the lobby, and i would be charged with assault ... not because i am biases about trans anything, but because i don't think it was appropriate to have some guy wipe out his junk in front of my daughter or wife period... 

Trans have been hurting their own fight for equality like in sports/ Olympics where men get to compete as an equal with women, or the guy in BC that wants his balls waxed by women.... in these cases Women's rights are being discarded to satisfy the whims of the few... Here is a question for you, why not have 4 change rooms built in every public establishment...and have every gender displayed on the doors, so there is no confusion... but that would cost money, it's alright to discard someone rights if it cost nothing, but once money comes into play hey, you with the dress your in the wrong change room.

I'm sure there is not many women out there want some guy who may think is a women showering/ or free to just strut around with nothing on,  with them at the pool/ gym/beach change rooms, i know around here our gym and pool the change / shower rooms are separated by sex, but the shower room is open,  it has shower heads along the wall in one open room, i know in the military it gets even more personal, in some cases the toilets do not have doors or stalls just a row of toilets in an open room. How does one address all of that, or do trans women just get to party on the boys side, and vice versa.... Our society is not built like that not is it ready...

5. Grouping ALL men in the rapist department is  a little over board. Most men do fine with keeping their junk in their pants until it has been agreed by both sexes it is party time...

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge