Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:55 AM, Antichrist said:

you a proud catholic....the faith that keeps on giving children so much love behind closed doors.its a PHUKING CULT 

WAKE UP

Now let's hear you say the same about Muslims.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Antichrist said:

You cant handle the truth....your filthy cult is sexualy assulting children.

There is no evidence I'm aware of that says priests are statistically more likely to sexually assault children than the the population at large. If you have such evidence I'd be pleased to view it.

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

There is no evidence I'm aware of that says priests are statistically more likely to sexually assault children than the the population at large. If you have such evidence I'd be pleased to view it.

Researchers reveal patterns of sexual abuse in religious settings

Researchers reveal patterns of sexual abuse in religious settings | Folio (ualberta.ca)

Edited by Antichrist

37 minutes ago, Argus said:

Does Catholic Church have bigger sex abuse problem than other religions?

Does Catholic Church have bigger sex abuse problem than other religions? | Local News | buffalonews.com

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

Climate has nothing to do with mankind.  The temperatures are determined by the radiation from the sun and amount of water vapour in the atmosphere.  There have always been periods of warmer weather and periods of colder weather.  That is a historical fact. 

Your understanding of the. situation is so limited that any dialogue becomes pointless.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Argus said:

Does it make it ok because priests dont sodomize children as much as joe public

Statistically if u lump in sexual abusers from general population that define them selves as  being religious added to the churches bum jammers....no contest

Dedicated to the Eradication of Religion

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s not that simple.  Various Indigenous groups moved in and out of much of the country.  In Ontario the Ottawas pushed out the southern tribes.  What are now Six Nations pushed out the Hurons.  Anishnabe and Six Nations moved in and out of each other’s farming areas, though the farms lasted maybe six years before the soil was stripped of nutrients and the clans packed up and moved elsewhere. 

It is exactly that simple.

The arguments you make above are diversions from the main point.  I really do not care which language you were supposed to learn - that of the Anishabe's or the Six Nations or the Hurons.   It was going to be one of them , since they were here first and were using the land first.  It is not like they were selling the land at $50,000 per parcel and you bought it from them.

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Please guys this thread is about the birth of best country in the world, Canada. It is about respect, equality, prosperity, love of family and neighbor, freedom and justice and respect and equality of women. 

I apologize for  thread drift....And you are right about Canada being the best country .It has given me health care ,education, allowed me to build a medium sized company....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

Does it make it ok because priests dont sodomize children as much as joe public

You are suggesting this is a particular problem in churches but have presented no actual studies to document this.

39 minutes ago, cougar said:

It is exactly that simple.

The arguments you make above are diversions from the main point.  I really do not care which language you were supposed to learn - that of the Anishabe's or the Six Nations or the Hurons.   It was going to be one of them , since they were here first and were using the land first.  It is not like they were selling the land at $50,000 per parcel and you bought it from them.

Do you know anything about the Toronto Purchase or Ontario treaties?  Land was bought and treaties formed, some more fairly than others.  The notion of property and deeds is non-Indigenous.  This is hundreds-of-years old business.  I’m curious about who is alive today that you think is owed something.  I’m also curious as to what you’re willing to pay personally.  Any living person or group can make a land claim through the courts, bringing whatever evidence they have, but if you’d like to donate your property, I’m sure there will be happy takers.  

On 7/9/2021 at 1:11 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Hard not to be cynical when groups who don’t have to pay taxes but get free health and education ask for more freebies.  After receiving $4.8 billion in residential school payments, this from the new Assembly of First Nations Chief RoseAnne Archibald:

https://apple.news/AmHjZtPzNT9yjyBaUS5E66w

It's not the white people that are a threat to the native Indians anymore. It is the East Indians and Asians here in BC that they need to start to worry about now. The E.I. especially are buying up and controlling a lot of businesses here in BC and are starting to own and takeover BC.

The white people in BC are fast becoming a minority, as in the rest of Canada, so white people will not be that much of a threat to the Indians anymore. It's the new third world non-white immigrants that they will have to contend with soon. And I believe that they will not fair so well when these 3rd world foreign strangers take the country over. They may probably wish that the white people were still in control. I am pretty sure that those foreigners from those 3rd world countries will not put up with their whining and crying when they take over. My belief. ?

Multiculturalism is a way to wipe out ethnonationalism, but it can also bring cultural conflict when certain cultures see the world very differently.  It also of course gradually erases the founding cultures, which in Canada are French, English, and Indigenous.  By protecting some ethnic groups with special status and benefits, i.e. Indigenous and Québécois, we are permanently privileging some ethnicities over others. Interestingly, from a systemic and policy standpoint, those with ethnically English background are the least privileged of the aforementioned groups.  They have no more privileges than any recent immigrant.  The colonial privilege argument no longer holds for the power that once controlled British North America.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cougar said:

Your understanding of the. situation is so limited that any dialogue becomes pointless.

Quote:

Failed predictions are a major fruit of climate activism, justifying skepticism.

• Anyone who remembers the 1970s will recall that we were all going to freeze in another ice age. Of course, ‘we’ could do nothing about that, so some of the same ‘experts’ who were running with that switched to ‘global warming’ and then, when the temperature data did not match the models that gave the dire predictions, it morphed into ‘climate change’. Also popular were ‘acid rain’ and the ‘ozone hole’.
  • In 1989 the UN said, “Entire nations will be wiped out by the year 2000 if sea level rises are not stopped.” Did this happen? No! Tuvalu, a Pacific Ocean nation of atoll islands, is a favourite poster child for this claim. However, Tuvalu has increased 3% in land area over the last 40 years.18 A survey published in 2018 of 30 Pacific and Indian Ocean atolls, including 709 islands, revealed that no atoll had lost land area in recent decades.  Unquote  A biblical and scientific approach to climate change - creation.com

So the UN, the central brain for the man-made climate change claim said entire nations would be wiped out by the year 2000.  What happened to your trusted UN source of knowledge?   Why should the UN IPCC now be believed?  Please tell us so that we can all know.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

So the UN, the central brain for the man-made climate change claim said entire nations would be wiped out by the year 2000.  What happened to your trusted UN source of knowledge?   Why should the UN IPCC now be believed?  Please tell us so that we can all know.

You are bizarre - I still hope you realize what you post above proves nothing.  I have told you before, don't come up with your armchair knowledge and expect people who have based their convictions on scientific data (in addition to the very obvious to the naked eye)  to get converted.

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Do you know anything about the Toronto Purchase or Ontario treaties?  Land was bought and treaties formed, some more fairly than others.  The notion of property and deeds is non-Indigenous.  This is hundreds-of-years old business.  I’m curious about who is alive today that you think is owed something.  I’m also curious as to what you’re willing to pay personally.  Any living person or group can make a land claim through the courts, bringing whatever evidence they have, but if you’d like to donate your property, I’m sure there will be happy takers.  

I would think the previous owners had heirs who would inherit their rights to their lands. My post was , of course general.  You may find agreements or land purchases in some places, but in general, you will find that a lot of land is occupied which is not part of any treaty.  Then you will find the land is sold to people or entities from other countries, without any First Nation participation.  Same with the resources on the land.

The "happy takers" are happy when they can turn around and sell the same property for more.  Why would I need any property if I have no use for it and I have to pay tax on it each year?

2 hours ago, cougar said:

You are bizarre - I still hope you realize what you post above proves nothing.  I have told you before, don't come up with your armchair knowledge and expect people who have based their convictions on scientific data (in addition to the very obvious to the naked eye)  to get converted.

Obviously you don't listen to facts.  The fact is the UN made ridiculous predictions before that have proven false.  OK so anything they say you believe.  We are on two different schools of thought.  You accept fake claims.  I accept scientific facts if it can be proven, not false claims by people that have no facts or science to back it up and have proven to be liars in the past.

Edited by blackbird

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Multiculturalism is a way to wipe out ethnonationalism, but it can also bring cultural conflict when certain cultures see the world very differently.  It also of course gradually erases the founding cultures, which in Canada are French, English, and Indigenous.  By protecting some ethnic groups with special status and benefits, i.e. Indigenous and Québécois, we are permanently privileging some ethnicities over others. Interestingly, from a systemic and policy standpoint, those with ethnically English background are the least privileged of the aforementioned groups.  They have no more privileges than any recent immigrant.  The colonial privilege argument no longer holds for the power that once controlled British North America.  

You are correct.  Nobody gets into any high position in the federal government unless they can speak English and French, which means people from Quebec or French speaking enclaves in N.B. or Ontario get those choice jobs.  Also, the equalization gravy train mainly flows toward Quebec which means they receive subsidized government services that the rest of Canada does not receive.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, cougar said:

I would think the previous owners had heirs who would inherit their rights to their lands. My post was , of course general.  You may find agreements or land purchases in some places, but in general, you will find that a lot of land is occupied which is not part of any treaty.  Then you will find the land is sold to people or entities from other countries, without any First Nation participation.  Same with the resources on the land.

The "happy takers" are happy when they can turn around and sell the same property for more.  Why would I need any property if I have no use for it and I have to pay tax on it each year?

At the time of early settlement much of the land seemed endless and had been temporarily occupied or invaded by multiple groups.  Some parts of the country did have permanent Indigenous settlements, such as on the west coast. I’m not sure what you have in mind, perhaps some attempt to give money to the descendants of groups who can convincingly lay claim to parts of the country.  That process is already ongoing through the courts.  My father immigrated here and wasn’t part of the early settlement.  What does he owe?   Hundreds of thousands more immigrants are coming this year.  Are they colonialists, complicit in genocide? I do know that most of them will be paying taxes and contributing to the free education, health, and infrastructure for Indigenous.  How many Indigenous will be paying towards those services through taxes?

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

.The fact is the UN made ridiculous predictions before that have proven false.  OK so anything they say you believe. .

Because they were a few decades off, this proves there is no climate change???!!!  Give your head a shake.