Lytton on fire

Pardon me but I thought there was already a topic covering climate change.  But the armchair warriors have no compunction taking over a topic on the fire that destroyed much of Lytton.  Not a thought or care about all those affected.  Nor a thought to all the others that are currently being evacuated from their homes due to wildfires.  Oh what's the point.............carry on with your climate change debate.

3 hours ago, mowich said:

Pardon me but I thought there was already a topic covering climate change.  But the armchair warriors have no compunction taking over a topic on the fire that destroyed much of Lytton.  Not a thought or care about all those affected.  Nor a thought to all the others that are currently being evacuated from their homes due to wildfires.  Oh what's the point.............carry on with your climate change debate.

Hey, thank you for caring, Karen.

Have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

From July 5

"Wildfire officials said Monday the Lytton wildfire, which burned about 90 per cent of the village last week and killed two people, is suspected to have been human-caused."

https://globalnews.ca/news/8004594/cause-lytton-bc-wildfire-human/

But... but...

You don't care! Even if you know the facts. Demon!

Who does care about the Lytton fire anymore?

Other than the one-time residents of Lytton, of course.

The Warmiacs got to run around in circles during a heat wave pulling their hair out and screeing "Global Warming!!!" ...pardon me, climate change. "The world is on fire" 

Climate realists countered with the obvious "no, the sky is not falling here anymore than the inevitable cold snap this winter will indicate climate disaster. It's weather" 

I'm with Mowich in a way. Other than for the poor one-time residents of Lytton it's pretty much a done deal. No need to start repeating ourselves. 

Oh, however, for these guys who like conspiracy, I'm wondering...If this fire did have something to do with the church arsons in the region, would anybody tell us? Would anybody care?

Edited by Infidel Dog

This week we are told a litany of lies by the CBC with headlines such as “WORLD ON FIRE” and “Salmon are getting cooked by climate change”. Also that the haze over Toronto and Southern ON is smoke from forest fires as the Boreal forest incinerates all around us.

Supreme BS says I. That was just summer haze and industrial pollution. Two days later the air is cleaned up. Where did all the smoke go?

What you’re hearing is the ramping up of climate-hysteria messaging. The sky is literally falling.

But not so fast ye climate crusaders. Take a closer look at the reasons behind these forest fires.

“Although the fires have become an emblem around the world of the destructive effects of climate change, many of the province’s forestry experts are pointing out that while climate change makes fires more likely, it’s poor forestry management that is helping to make them more destructive.”

-National Post

I have mentioned it before. Human greed and exploitation. The governments messaging program amounts to environmentalist propaganda.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 3:50 AM, Infidel Dog said:

Doesn't appear to be a lot out on it yet, but as I type the the BC town of Lytton is on fire.

Lytton set the Canadian heat record for the last 3 days and there's a forest fire nearby but that isn't what set the Town fire off. It started in the Town itself. Nobody knows the exact cause yet but the news was quoting somebody in the town saying he didn't see how everybody could get out alive.

CBC has a little bit on it:

Village of Lytton, B.C., evacuated as mayor says 'the whole town is on fire'

Do you not think the extraordinary heat could have played some role in the fire? Say a fire is started by somebody. What determines how far it spreads? 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On 7/1/2021 at 8:05 AM, OftenWrong said:

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Bad forestry management over the past several decades plays a factor in these forest fires. Human greed.

That and of course the fact that forest fires are not a new phenomenon.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, dialamah said:

Let's work harder at reducing climate change, how about that?  Increase carbon taxes, invest heavily in green energy services, stop subsidizing the oil/gas industry, put limits on things like 'fast fashion' and stop growing foods that require tons of water in deserts.  

Find a reasonable and functional substitute for energy creation and we'll talk.

Until then, unless you want to live with unreliable power...well...you know...

On 7/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, Boges said:

Thanks OftenTrump. 

Does Forrest Management make a normally temperate area of the country hotter than Dubai? 

No. The Ocean temperatures and natural weather patterns do.

The sky is not falling. You can stop panicking now.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:45 AM, dialamah said:

Betcha they'll still get forest fires.  You guys clinging on to "forest fires" to deny climate change is sad, just like the people dying of covid and insisting it must be something else, because covid isn't real.

Question: Who said The Rona isn't real? For that matter, who said global warming isn't happening?

On 4/1/2022 at 9:54 AM, Nationalist said:

Zactly. In fact are a necessary and much needed phenomenon in the natural life-cycle of forests.

I learned that a long time ago,

in sküle...

• Haha 1

For Bogus ObBNaTV.gif

As we speak...

Lytton BC: 12 degrees Celsius.

Dubai: 26 degrees Celsius.

It does, of course, get hot in Lytton in the summer. It held the Canadian record even before it reset it last year.

The heat record for the Northwest that year was Walla Walla. It beat Lytton's. Like Lytton. Walla Walla Washington broke it's own record. It set that one pre-Gore/Thunberg in (1975).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, Nationalist said:

You wanna hear about a crazy weather phenomenon? 

When Lei DiCaprio was in Calgary the temp went from -1 to +15 in an afternoon. The world almost melted. It really chinook him up.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, eyeball said:

Fair point...to people who're more accurately saying big fucking deal and who gives a rat's ass.

I'll admit that I care less about my carbon footprint than your leaders, like Trudeau, H Clinton, David Suzuki, Bernie Sanders, Al Gore, Leo Dicaprio, Prince Harry, and all of the other people who pontificate to us about global warming from private jets while they're en route between their various monster homes.

That's why I don't buy carbon offsets [aka pixie dust] to make up for the gas that I burn in my 35 mpg car. 

I still care though ?

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You wanna hear about a crazy weather phenomenon? 

When Lei DiCaprio was in Calgary the temp went from -1 to +15 in an afternoon. The world almost melted. It really chinook him up.

Leo...I'm not a fan. He and my daughter have a "history"...