Cancel Culture . . . alive and well.

23 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Victoria, BC:   Victoria city council has voted unanimously to cancel 'Canada Day'.  They are spineless.

Being "leftist" and all, I think I should point out that I agree - "cancelling" Canada day is the wrong thing to do.

Are they going to actually cancel the day - as in, no stat holiday and not allowing anyone to have any kind of Canada Day related celebration?  Or are they cancelling city-sponsored celebrations, and everyone else can do what they want?  If its the latter, is it just for this year or permanently?

If they're cancelling city-sponsored events for this year only, I kind of get that as a gesture.  If this gesture is followed up by something substantial (no idea what a municipality might do), then ok.  But if it's just a gesture - good for a news cycle and then they forget about it, then I think its nothing more than virtue signaling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Christmas is next.  

Wankers & Wokies . . . . 

I could support banning Christmas.  I never know what to get anyone and I always eat too much.

Let the government make the decision for you . . . . Christmas/banned,  Canada Day/banned,  Birthdays/banned . . . . . no need for you to think or make a decision about participating.  Justin Trudeau Adoration Day/enforced,   Budget Break The Bank Day/enforced,  etc., etc.  . . . 

I don't care about Canada anymore.  

19 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Let the government make the decision for you . . . . Christmas/banned,  Canada Day/banned,  Birthdays/banned . . . . . no need for you to think or make a decision about participating.  Justin Trudeau Adoration Day/enforced,   Budget Break The Bank Day/enforced,  etc., etc.  . . . 

I don't care about Canada anymore.  

The government can't ban your Canada Day.  They can only decide not to do what they were going to do.

With any luck they'll spend the money they save on fixing some potholes.

8 hours ago, bcsapper said:

With any luck they'll spend the money they save on fixing some potholes.

And where would that luck come from? How about a multi-million golden parachute for another public bureaucrat that had to be let go prematurely for failing their duties according to "contract".

6 minutes ago, myata said:

And where would that luck come from? How about a multi-million golden parachute for another public bureaucrat that had to be let go prematurely for failing their duties according to "contract".

Yeah.  There or a rabbit's foot, or something like that.

14 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Victoria, BC:   Victoria city council has voted unanimously to cancel 'Canada Day'.  They are spineless.

Good. Canadians were the most opposed to Quebecers and their nationalistic pride, up to the point where Canadians rejected their identity just to prove they were morally superior to the French. You despised everyone talking about group pride, as some form of bigotry. You let hundreds of thousands of strangers who have nothing in common with you, except the desire to make money, and you thought it wouldn't have an impact, because Canada was supposed to be a fairy tale country where everyone gets along all the time, eh! 

Yet, every effort you made to preserve 'your country of Canada', has made you weaker and weaker. Your own academia, media, governments and even mayors hate you Canadian Folks. And you deserve all of that. I'm very happy for that outcome.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

mind you, "Canada Day" was a relatively recent invention of the Liberals anyways

it always Dominion Day

the Liberals didn't change the name to appease Quebec until 1982

that seems to fall back to Dominion Day by default

the Red Ensign flying proudly on Dominion Day, back to the future

don't let the Liberal Party of Canada take your history from you, the story of your people

VRI - Pro Patria

royal-coat-arms-canada-victoria-bc-june-

oh, and the Liberal Party of O' Canada song, that's French too

get rid of that crap as well, third wave feminist woke anthem ; "in all of us command" ?

back to the future

your British North American celebration is intact

fly your real flag, sing your real anthem, on your Dominion Day

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Good. Canadians were the most opposed to Quebecers and their nationalistic pride, up to the point where Canadians rejected their identity just to prove they were morally superior to the French. You despised everyone talking about group pride, as some form of bigotry. You let hundreds of thousands of strangers who have nothing in common with you, except the desire to make money, and you thought it wouldn't have an impact, because Canada was supposed to be a fairy tale country where everyone gets along all the time, eh! 

Were it not for Quebec supporting the Liberals and Quebec PMs Canada would look very different. It was Pierre Trudeau who liberalized Immigration and did away with so many traditional symbols and institutions, Brian Mulroney who tripled immigration numbers, and now Justin Trudeau who has increased them again while saying Canada wasn't even a nation. It is Liberals who disdain nationalism. If Quebec wasn't here Canada would have had a lot more Conservative governments, ones who cared about the traditions, values and culture. Small c conservatives are big believers in such things, and according to polls the great majority want lower immigration, and support protecting our culture and values. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1