Trudeau vows help after Indigenous kids' unmarked graves found, but offers no details

29 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Assuming mass murder is reckless and unsubstantiated.  You’re easily manipulated by an extreme agenda.

I do not think there was any agenda.  Simply one beautiful day someone found those bones and reported it.  

I can put my spin to it, you can put yours.  Hopefully we hear more fact based news after the investigation.

• Like 1

So what's the deal with this story now?

They haven't found a way to make it seem any more sinister, and they're worried that if they keep talking about it ten eventually they have to 'fess up about the most likely scenario, and the original reasons for having res schools in the first place? 

Is it time for this story to quietly exit stage left, there to remain as a bogeyman waiting in the wings, to be trotted out for pre-election virtue signalling?

Our PM is probably taking acting lessons right now, just so that he can squeeze out a few more crocodile tears for the sycophant media toadies who fly in the election propaganda jumbo jet.

La Turd: "Peons, see my grief. I wish that there was something that I could do for these lost children."

Peons: "Maybe get some drinking water for their kin."

La Turd: "RACISTE! RACISTE!"

The cringing, hand-wringing Canadian government is so woke and shamed it can't say a single word when some of the world's most evil countries condemn US for our 'human rights abuses' because of residential schools.

Yes, Canada sniveling about its guilt and racism while being accused by China, North Korea, Iran and Russia. What a joke.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/bring-those-responsible-to-justice-china-and-allies-urge-probe-into-indigenous-graves-in-canada

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

Canada sniveling about its guilt and racism while being accused by China, North Korea, Iran and Russia. What a joke.

It is at least somewhat pleasurable to watch the woke left collapsing in upon themselves.

Sharks will even eat their own guts.

41 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yes, Canada sniveling about its guilt and racism while being accused by China, North Korea, Iran and Russia. What a joke.

Were they accusing us or just saying things like: "This is how we woulda done it. Leave no trace. And why the F would you admit to anything?" 

generally, democracy is the least worst option

but since the Progressive left became a religion tantamount to Islamic Jihadists

I don't think democracy can save Canada now

objectively, it would require force to save Canada now

the lunatic leftist zealots would have to be rounded up and incarcerated

not that I'm advocating for that, because I don't think Canadian conservatives have the stomach for it

so the ship of Canada is heading towards the rocks at a high rate of knots inexorably, brace for impact

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Argus said:

The cringing, hand-wringing Canadian government is so woke and shamed it can't say a single word when some of the world's most evil countries condemn US for our 'human rights abuses' because of residential schools.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/bring-those-responsible-to-justice-china-and-allies-urge-probe-into-indigenous-graves-in-canada

Canada's nose is securely stuck up the ass of the greatest human rights abuser in the world, and won't say boo about the thousands of Yemenis slaughtered by America's proxy - Saudi land! Same with the continual occupation and killings in Gaza, where the Israeli "ally" is hard at work ethnically cleansing more territory so more New York Jews can move in and become instant Israelis. 

And while they've been hard at work, even during pandemic year, trying to stir up a major war with Russia and China, it shouldn't be a surprise that Chinese or Russian leaders take the opportunity to bite back at America's little brother over our collective hypocrisy!

Justin's lame excuses.....I'm on another one of my apology tours now, cause we've found some of the bodies, and we'll continue blaming you for the Uygur massacres we've made up and have no actual evidence for....just doesn't cut it anymore! 

On 6/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, Zeitgeist said:

You’re so wrong.  Canada was absolutely founded on enlightenment values, many of them derived from Britain which banned slavery in the Empire in 1832, long before it was banned in the U.S.   Read about the Underground Railroad.  MacDonald was not a white supremacist.  He was a Scott who was representing the overwhelming majority of his population who were of European ancestry.  Many Indigenous would very much have appeared “uncivilized” in relation to mainstream society.  Your comments are irresponsible and untrue.  Learn about Joseph Brant and Tecumseh.  Read about the countless progressive changes to laws and policies that unfolded in the British parliament and later the Canadian parliament.

You really don’t know how Indigenous were treated or why publicly funded education was considered progressive and still is today.  Provide evidence for “horrendous and appalling” system-wide treatment in residential schools. This is why people are clinging to extreme sides.  No reasonable discussion based on facts.  

England's banning of slavery had nothing to do with high-fallutin "enlightenment" values! It was a cold, calculated measure taken to reduce the likelihood that a British cash crop colony like Barbados or Jamaica would suffer the same fate as Haiti did after a slave revolt a few decades earlier ended French rule and former slaves killed off the white former plantation owners. These island colonies had large slave populations which could overrun slave plantation owners at any given time, if they could organize around an effective leader and had some guns.

In the US, the slave population never exceeded one third of the total population of the southern states. So, whenever there were bloody uprisings, like the John Brown and Nat Turner revolts, plantation owners and state governors could round up enough slave patrol forces to put down the revolt, before it grew too large and threatened a takeover of government. And guess who most of the slave patrol forces were? Scotch-Irish lower class (non-slave owning) whites!

MacDonald said a lot of shit that indicated he was a white supremacist....at least when he was drunk! But his treatment in history should be based on his actions, not whatever he happened to say in Parliament! 

As for Tecumseh, he did not see his alliance with the British as anything more than an alliance of convenience, because he considered the Americans to be a more zealous and dangerous opponent. He was already well aware of how many indigenous people the new Americans had forced out of the eastern states, and were attacking tribal groups on the other side of the Mississippi as they continued importing more white immigrants from Europe and giving them land if they would push out natives. Sounds similar to what modern US ally, and settler colonial state -  Israel is doing today! Enlightenment values is what has made this world a hellscape that is today! Continual expansion till it collapses into an environmental or nuclear apocalypse!

On 6/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, cougar said:

I do not think there was any agenda.  Simply one beautiful day someone found those bones and reported it.  

I can put my spin to it, you can put yours.  Hopefully we hear more fact based news after the investigation.

Just like the MMIW scandal, there have been many families stuck on reserves who were less than satisfied by the stories they were given by authorities about how or why their children didn't come home.

So, the scandal of hundreds of bodies buried of children who had attended this particular school, isn't a complete surprise! It's just shocking how close the graveyard was to that Kamloops school. It's as if they did not expect anyone to follow up and demand a fuller investigation. 

2 hours ago, Right To Left said:

England's banning of slavery had nothing to do with high-fallutin "enlightenment" values! It was a cold, calculated measure taken to reduce the likelihood that a British cash crop colony like Barbados or Jamaica would suffer the same fate as Haiti did after a slave revolt a few decades earlier ended French rule and former slaves killed off the white former plantation owners. These island colonies had large slave populations which could overrun slave plantation owners at any given time, if they could organize around an effective leader and had some guns.

In the US, the slave population never exceeded one third of the total population of the southern states. So, whenever there were bloody uprisings, like the John Brown and Nat Turner revolts, plantation owners and state governors could round up enough slave patrol forces to put down the revolt, before it grew too large and threatened a takeover of government. And guess who most of the slave patrol forces were? Scotch-Irish lower class (non-slave owning) whites!

MacDonald said a lot of shit that indicated he was a white supremacist....at least when he was drunk! But his treatment in history should be based on his actions, not whatever he happened to say in Parliament! 

As for Tecumseh, he did not see his alliance with the British as anything more than an alliance of convenience, because he considered the Americans to be a more zealous and dangerous opponent. He was already well aware of how many indigenous people the new Americans had forced out of the eastern states, and were attacking tribal groups on the other side of the Mississippi as they continued importing more white immigrants from Europe and giving them land if they would push out natives. Sounds similar to what modern US ally, and settler colonial state -  Israel is doing today! Enlightenment values is what has made this world a hellscape that is today! Continual expansion till it collapses into an environmental or nuclear apocalypse!

So what?  Are you trying to set up Africans or North American Indigenous as more noble or superior than colonial settlers?   What about the black slave traders or warring tribes?   Also, the forces that brought about the ban on slavery in the Empire ranged in opinion.  There were economic and moral arguments.  There were multiple opinions and reasons behind these decisions.  They were not monolithic.  Also, jurisdictions within what became Canada, such as Upper Canada, did not allow the import of slaves back in the 1790’s.   You clearly want to put a particular spin on what happened.  I’m sure the possibility of revolt was a key motivator for banning slavery.  Why wouldn’t it be?   That doesn’t mean there weren’t moral grounds for the ban.

Edited by Zeitgeist

20 hours ago, Right To Left said:

England's banning of slavery had nothing to do with high-fallutin "enlightenment" values! It was a cold, calculated measure taken to reduce the likelihood that a British cash crop colony like Barbados or Jamaica would suffer the same fate as Haiti

Don't be silly. They exempted overseas colonies, at first. They banned it from the home islands. Then they gradually banned it everywhere and even set the Royal Navy to start intercepting other country's slave ships and to pressuring other countries to give up slaves. This was brought about by the growing anti-slavery movement in the UK and Europe. I realize no lefty wants to give any western country credit for doing anything good but the facts don't support your interpretation.

In fact, slavery was everywhere going back as far as recorded history. There was never any major movement to get rid of it until Europeans did. Arabs brought African slaves up the east coast of Africa into the middle east for fourteen hundred years until the British moved into what is now Kenya and put a stop to it.

20 hours ago, Right To Left said:

MacDonald said a lot of shit that indicated he was a white supremacist....at least when he was drunk!

Macdonald said a lot of shit about a lot of stuff. He was a pretty oily politician who knew how to get things done and wasn't too ethical about it. His attitude towards natives was about as enlightened as it got for those days in that he believed they were the equal of white men and just needed a proper education. The opposition Liberals thought they were savages and fought furiously not to spend any money on them. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Right To Left said:

It's just shocking how close the graveyard was to that Kamloops school. It's as if they did not expect anyone to follow up and demand a fuller investigation. 

I agree.  They could have dumped them in the Thompson river and no trace was ever going to be found..........just being sarcastic , I guess.

gee, do I feel dwarfed by all these Grand Masters in crowns around me now.

Edited by cougar

On 6/22/2021 at 5:25 PM, Right To Left said:

Canada's nose is securely stuck up the ass of the greatest human rights abuser in the world, and won't say boo about the thousands of Yemenis slaughtered by America's proxy - Saudi land! Same with the continual occupation and killings in Gaza, where the Israeli "ally" is hard at work ethnically cleansing more territory so more New York Jews can move in and become instant Israelis. 

Wow, you're a hateful one.

What makes you think that S A is slaughtering Yemenis just for America's sake? Do you think that the Saudis are above a bit of war?

Your brainwashed version of the Israeli/Palestinian situation would make Al Jazeera blush.

More unmarked graves were found now in Saskatchewan.

For one reason or another, I do not want to hear any of it any more, just as I am sick of the COVID thing.

Finding out what happened wouldn't change a thing.

We have to look forward - stop the mass expansion into the wilderness with its destructive practices.

I don't mind hearing about it

I don't mind the Indians getting upset about it, go right ahead

but the Identity politics are going to force us working & middle class whte males to defend ourselves

then all the leftists and their proxies will hang

enjoy your race war, I guess, but we are two thirds of the population, so it's a war you will lose in the end

go ahead and force us to side with the Fenians,  Canada, burn in a fire of your own making

we will dance on your graves and carry on without you

no quarter, no mercy, no sympathy for Indians who side with the Comminists

they will get the war they are looking for, and lose it badly

Edited by Dougie93

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Wow, you're a hateful one.

What makes you think that S A is slaughtering Yemenis just for America's sake? Do you think that the Saudis are above a bit of war?

It's simple. Anything a 'brown' country does is because some evil white men made it. It's always the fault of evil white men. Brown people are innocent children who never have a bad thought unless evil white people put it there.

• Like 1